SUMMARY: The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the Buffalo Niagara Manufacturing Alliance (BNMA) by working with the board of directors to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The incumbent will represent the BNMA to industry and association leaders, government officials, media, academia, and others interested in manufacturing trade association matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a strategic plan and annual operating plan for annual review by the board of directors.
- Monitor and report on public policy issues of interest to manufacturers and the associations representing them, and facilitate and coordinating their participation in regional events to leverage the strength of the association in public policy matters.
- Oversee the planning and management of the member monthly meetings
- Promote and market the BNMA
- Oversee efforts to recruit new members and retain current members.
- Compile and maintain an up-to-date compendium of Alliance policies and governance documents (i.e., articles of incorporation, bylaws, procedural rules, etc.)
- Ensure the production and timely distribution of member communications
- Responsible for the creation and oversight of sub-committees.
- Maintain the financial integrity of the Alliance, responsible for maintaining and being in compliance with all financial, payroll and tax records.
- Develop and update member services.
- Meet with members at their facilities.
- Guide, support, train and supervise BNMA staff
- Development of an annual budget and oversee adherence for all meeting programs and services within budget, and oversee efforts that all member keep dues current.
- Speak at monthly meetings, conferences and public events.
- Write articles for publication
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Driven.
- Financial Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Experience working in or with the manufacturing industry
- Experience in working with media, including interviews in television, radio, print, and social media
- Experience implementing strategic and operational plans
- Business experience (ideally including not-for-profit) in managing very tight budgets, raising funds across multiple revenue sources, including creating new sources – often in an environment with quickly evolving priorities and initiatives in response to government and market shifts
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.