Buffalo State College Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Pace, large rush hour
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 18, 2016
A typical day working here would be fast at times and slow at times, i have leanred great customer service skills and how to deal with different kinds of customers. Hardest part would be clean up at the end of the day. Most enjoyed part is free lunch.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Fundamental work environment
Campbell Student Union Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2016
To be a building manager, you have to be very inviting and always work with a smile. We interact with our peers and make sure the building is presentable at all times. This includes the bathrooms, the food court, and all 4 of our lobby's. My co-workers and I set up and break down all of the campus events that are held in the building. We make sure rules and regulations are being followed during these events in a professional manner. We are also expected to have knowledge of events taking place all over the campus and the locations/names of all of the buildings for those who are unaware.
Pros
Free on campus events
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive enviourment facilitating the intellectual, personal, and professional growth
Clinical Dietetic student (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2016
The Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CPD) is dedicated to develop critical thinking, problem solving, and prepares for competent practice and current and future roles in dietetic profession
1200 hours of Internship
I enjoy my job on the football team.
Team Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 20, 2015
Learned skills in videography, Editing film, Editing audio, Teamwork, and Organization. I am an avid football fan so to be working on a team is a very rewarding and happy experience.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
No Benefits.
Not a too bad of a place
Tutor for High School Earth Science (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 18, 2015
Decent place to be at. The department of earth sciences is great and very helpful. I was a tutor while a student there and I enjoyed the time while being at this college.
Mentor Liaison (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 20, 2015
Great way of helping incoming College freshmen feel comfortable. You help them understand the dynamics of college being their support system while they are away from home.
Fun and Exciting
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 3, 2015
Buffalo State College was an exciting place to work. I really enjoyed recruiting for the college and working with a great experienced staff. I learned a lot and also received my MS degree during my time working there. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Parking
Great Place to Learn to Lead
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 29, 2015
It gave me the opportunity to lead a group of students. Taught me a lot about leadership roles and being personable and approachable along with having an education and work balance
field researcher
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYJune 9, 2015
Worked directly with Earth Sciences Chair and Science Education to research Tourmaline Researched and studied tourmaline deposits and distribution of their field and crystallographic variations in the Sebago area of southern Maine (north of Portland) Gained valuable resources and practical field experience transferring academic knowledge to practical hands on responsibilities

Used the following tools:
 Brunton Pocket Transit, and Delorme GPS Systems
 Topographic and Geological maps skills
 Laboratory/Microscopy skills for the process of making thin section
Slow paced, nice break room
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2015
I go to the office sit at my desk, copy and file paperwork, run errands. I often find that I must make up tasks to pass time. This is hard to do if your supervisor wants you to stay at the desk and greet people. Co-workers are cordial and mostly pleasant. They can be catty if you don't do something exactly how they want it done, this would be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of this job was that it was pretty stress free.
Pros
No pressure
Cons
slow paced
Work Opportunity
Graduate Interm (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 26, 2015
I found this website to be very helpful in finding employment. I have been able to submit several applications because of opportunities I found on this website.
Typical lecturer work ignored by full time faculty
Lecturer, Buffalo State College (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYNovember 17, 2014
Class prep and lecture. Largely left alone with little to no interruption.
Buffalo State
Head Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1300 elmwood Buffalo, New YorkOctober 26, 2014
Those jobs were internships that my school provided to me. It was just hands on experience in the media field. I was working with audio management and I did some on the air radio co hosting.
First Year Mentorship
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYAugust 19, 2014
As a Resident Assistant I mentor my first year students. I was trained in suicide prevention training and cultural diversity training. I had the opportunity to work with different groups of individuals from different ethnic and racial backgrounds. I was trained on how to interact and work with the University Police on the Buffalo State Campus. As well as manage community programs for the students.
media clerk
Media Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2014
Directed students to proper location needed for media related services. Kept track and organizing the database for the media files on the library website. Knowledgeable Microsoft programs excel, word, access, power point.
office
Fitness Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 20, 2014
mailroom clerk, filing contracts. seting up new phones lines for employees.
it can be a good job, if your in the supervisor clique.
Residence Life Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 25, 2014
cleaning campus dormitory, bathrooms and general areas. I enjoy the job. Just know that kids will be kids and for most its their first being on their own.
Pros
great benefits, some of the people are okay
Cons
supervisor don't make her your enemy.
great educational opportunity
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 9, 2013
this is the place that i became an adult and learn the true meaning of educational. this school providing me with many different learning experience from many different cultures.
this is a college
B.S. Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYOctober 3, 2013
i learn a lot things, from math to how different cultures can relate and grow from one another
Pros
i became a well informed person
Cons
the cost of attending school very expensive
Fun and productive work place
Residential Ad (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 18, 2013
Excellent place to work. Alot of responsibility and expectations.
Pros
free room and board
Cons
no mistakes

4.2