Buffalo State College Employee Reviews

it is a good job
Desk Attendant, Academic Skills Center (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 26, 2017
it is a good job. there is lots to do all the time. everyone should love to work there. people have cam to the office asking for help and it is given.
Good opportunity for students
Student Assistant-Fire Safety Office (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 18, 2017
The hours are flexible, so students can work in between attending classes. The staff is friendly and happy to help eachother out. It's low stress, easy to get a day off for an appointment or whatever you need.
lots of infighting and politics
freelance media production (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 16, 2017
Too much nepotism, not enough communication. lots of people with same goal but working against each other. lots of old boy thinking that blocks growth.
Pros
free meals at times, good pay, easy work
Cons
so much undercover activity. not enough communication. infighting
Good for studying and learning
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2017
Learned more about the IT department , traveled to different offices which allowed me to interact with more students. The supervisors were very cool and understanding but also stern to ensure the employee understood the manners of the workplace
Great people all around
Artist model (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 23, 2017
The laid back setting suits me. Everyone is wonderful to be around and inspiring. Decent pay and even ability to save for retirement. Not much room for advancement though.
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2017
This is a cool job for students to have. You give tours really and make 10 bucks an hour.... You still don't make much money a week though. Great way to make extra money and if you do a good job you can work during the summer.. easiest job ever!
Slow paced, very easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 22, 2017
With this job it was very slow paced, but it wasnt hard at all. I had the ability to choose my own hours that i wanted to work with and the managers were very responsible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
Productive and
Library Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 13, 2017
Some days would be busy while other days would be a typical day. Throughout the day I've completed various administrative duties, including maintaining an accurate and up-to-date schedule for library study room reservations, assisting students and alumni search and check-out library materials.
Mentor Program
Mentor Program (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 6, 2017
The job is one that has many benefits for an individual such as myself. Being that I am soon to be entering the education field, this job has allowed me to expand my knowledge of the field and experience different settings and teaching styles that can add to my future classroom. The supervisors are quite accessible and wonderful to speak with. I would highly recommend this program/work experience to anyone else that is pursuing a degree or has a passion for the education field.
Flexible
Website Administrator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 6, 2017
Buffalo State has been a great place to work. Through my years as a student, I have had a few opportunities to work with different departments and now am working part time as a website administrator.
Good
University Police Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2017
Good work experience. Looks nice on resume. They are flexible with your hours. May have to work weekends. Morning till late night shifts available. It was good.
college gig
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2017
college gig under a professor
great great people who want to see you succeed and offer to help anyway that they can
low pay but in buffalo you don't really need much
Balanced workplace
Data Entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2017
At Buffalo State College, I worked for division called Liberty Partnerships Program. This program specializes providing opportunities to youth to develop in areas of scholastic struggles.
Buffalo State College
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, New yorkMay 9, 2017
Read and researched data on African American History and wrote essays. Learned a lot about the African American communities and how African Americans are stereotyped.
Good environment with great student-athletes
Athletic Training Student (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2017
As an athletic training student BSC provided some depictions of what I want out of a true work environment. The student-athletes were great but some days dragged on.
Great College and Community
Gift Entry/Acknowledgement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Buffalo State College is a great place to work. Positions are various union jobs that allow for job security and healthy work conditions. The college size is not overwhelming and surrounded by a diverse, stable neighborhood with a vast amount of culture.
Clerk, Calculations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2016
The hours are just right and the people are great. I enjoy working indoors. The amount of vacation is good and the sick time is excellent as well.
Pros
hours, people, envirnment
Cons
A joy to work with students
Instructor (tutor) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2016
Easy to work along with my fellow instructors and teachers. We work off of each other and truly compliment each other in the work environment and day to day lessons.
Great enviornment for learning.
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  1300 ElmwoodOctober 27, 2016
I enjoy the flexibility of this position. The most enjoyable part is working with students who are eager and excited about entering the workforce. It helps keep me excited about what I do and provides me with an energizing outlook on current events.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule.
Cons
None.
Productive and Professional Atmosphere
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2016
Throughout my years of experience I have developed the skills and intelligence needed to work in a slow or fast paced environment. I have also been given the opportunity to work with others and develop great communication skills. A normal work day would consist of high volume customer service calls and visits as well as administrative assistance. I have been entrusted to take care of and supervise an office when a supervisor is absent due to meetings or other work related events happening.