Buffalo State College Employee Reviews

Great College and Community
Gift Entry/Acknowledgement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Buffalo State College is a great place to work. Positions are various union jobs that allow for job security and healthy work conditions. The college size is not overwhelming and surrounded by a diverse, stable neighborhood with a vast amount of culture.
Clerk, Calculations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2016
The hours are just right and the people are great. I enjoy working indoors. The amount of vacation is good and the sick time is excellent as well.
Pros
hours, people, envirnment
Cons
A joy to work with students
Instructor (tutor) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2016
Easy to work along with my fellow instructors and teachers. We work off of each other and truly compliment each other in the work environment and day to day lessons.
Great enviornment for learning.
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  1300 ElmwoodOctober 27, 2016
I enjoy the flexibility of this position. The most enjoyable part is working with students who are eager and excited about entering the workforce. It helps keep me excited about what I do and provides me with an energizing outlook on current events.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule.
Cons
None.
Productive and Professional Atmosphere
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2016
Throughout my years of experience I have developed the skills and intelligence needed to work in a slow or fast paced environment. I have also been given the opportunity to work with others and develop great communication skills. A normal work day would consist of high volume customer service calls and visits as well as administrative assistance. I have been entrusted to take care of and supervise an office when a supervisor is absent due to meetings or other work related events happening.
Fast Pace, large rush hour
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 18, 2016
A typical day working here would be fast at times and slow at times, i have leanred great customer service skills and how to deal with different kinds of customers. Hardest part would be clean up at the end of the day. Most enjoyed part is free lunch.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Learned various helpful information regarding principle of strength and conditioning
Internship in Strength and Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 10, 2016
A typical day during this internship included coaching the various teams at Buffalo State College. This included leading them through a proper warm-up, going over their workout for the day, and coaching proper exercise technique during their workout. I learned how to write a workout, periodization, coaching ques and techniques, and proper exercise technique. The most difficult part of this internship was giving coaching ques in which the athletes would understand. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the athletes get stronger, faster, and/or more powerful.
Fundamental work environment
Campbell Student Union Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2016
To be a building manager, you have to be very inviting and always work with a smile. We interact with our peers and make sure the building is presentable at all times. This includes the bathrooms, the food court, and all 4 of our lobby's. My co-workers and I set up and break down all of the campus events that are held in the building. We make sure rules and regulations are being followed during these events in a professional manner. We are also expected to have knowledge of events taking place all over the campus and the locations/names of all of the buildings for those who are unaware.
Pros
Free on campus events
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive enviourment facilitating the intellectual, personal, and professional growth
Clinical Dietetic student (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2016
The Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CPD) is dedicated to develop critical thinking, problem solving, and prepares for competent practice and current and future roles in dietetic profession
1200 hours of Internship
I enjoy my job on the football team.
Team Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 20, 2015
Learned skills in videography, Editing film, Editing audio, Teamwork, and Organization. I am an avid football fan so to be working on a team is a very rewarding and happy experience.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
No Benefits.
Not a too bad of a place
Tutor for High School Earth Science (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 18, 2015
Decent place to be at. The department of earth sciences is great and very helpful. I was a tutor while a student there and I enjoyed the time while being at this college.
Mentor Liaison (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 20, 2015
Great way of helping incoming College freshmen feel comfortable. You help them understand the dynamics of college being their support system while they are away from home.
Fun and Exciting
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 3, 2015
Buffalo State College was an exciting place to work. I really enjoyed recruiting for the college and working with a great experienced staff. I learned a lot and also received my MS degree during my time working there. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Parking
Great Place to Learn to Lead
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 29, 2015
It gave me the opportunity to lead a group of students. Taught me a lot about leadership roles and being personable and approachable along with having an education and work balance
field researcher
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYJune 9, 2015
Worked directly with Earth Sciences Chair and Science Education to research Tourmaline Researched and studied tourmaline deposits and distribution of their field and crystallographic variations in the Sebago area of southern Maine (north of Portland) Gained valuable resources and practical field experience transferring academic knowledge to practical hands on responsibilities

Used the following tools:
 Brunton Pocket Transit, and Delorme GPS Systems
 Topographic and Geological maps skills
 Laboratory/Microscopy skills for the process of making thin section
Slow paced, nice break room
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2015
I go to the office sit at my desk, copy and file paperwork, run errands. I often find that I must make up tasks to pass time. This is hard to do if your supervisor wants you to stay at the desk and greet people. Co-workers are cordial and mostly pleasant. They can be catty if you don't do something exactly how they want it done, this would be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of this job was that it was pretty stress free.
Pros
No pressure
Cons
slow paced
Work Opportunity
Graduate Interm (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 26, 2015
I found this website to be very helpful in finding employment. I have been able to submit several applications because of opportunities I found on this website.
Typical lecturer work ignored by full time faculty
Lecturer, Buffalo State College (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYNovember 17, 2014
Class prep and lecture. Largely left alone with little to no interruption.
Buffalo State
Head Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1300 elmwood Buffalo, New YorkOctober 26, 2014
Those jobs were internships that my school provided to me. It was just hands on experience in the media field. I was working with audio management and I did some on the air radio co hosting.
First Year Mentorship
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYAugust 19, 2014
As a Resident Assistant I mentor my first year students. I was trained in suicide prevention training and cultural diversity training. I had the opportunity to work with different groups of individuals from different ethnic and racial backgrounds. I was trained on how to interact and work with the University Police on the Buffalo State Campus. As well as manage community programs for the students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo State College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3