Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Reviews

Found 2,850 reviews matching the search
Hard work doesn't always pay off
Heart of House (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHMarch 31, 2016
After covering for other coworker's "no call-no shows" I was neither appreciated for my hard work or recognized as a key member to their success. I never got a raise, though I worked more than other coworkers who made more than I. Management was extremely biased and lacked organization, very dramatic working conditions. Coworkers seemed in a high school state of mind, though I got along well with everyone I worked with. Overall, we lacked direction and competence for a restaurant facility.
its not that great
Server (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 12, 2016
They normally only hire from within. Helps to know someone, but once your in its easy to advance. There a standing double standard with most of the management, but they're not all and eggs. Lack of team work with the exception of a handful that really work hard, pulling their weight as well as the weight of most others.

Typically I go in have to restock everything prior to the shift and set myself up for success. hardest part is running shift with little to no support from coworkers and, depending on who is the MOD, the manager.

best part of the job is the money and crazy antics of co-workers.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no benefits
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYFebruary 11, 2016
I had a great time working at Buffalo Wild Wings. I loved the energetic atmosphere and the customers just added to the positive work environment. The General Manager was very understanding to personal lives, where as other mangers, not so much. There is no room for job advancement and the benefits were not all that great either.
Pros
employee discount, fun work place
Cons
very long hours, no breaks
productive and fun atmosphere
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKApril 4, 2016
I personally loved working at Buffalo Wild Wings, mainly due to the staff. It was a laidback and fun atmosphere. The management was great. A typical day at work was cleaning, serving, and then cleaning again. I learned that a job can be fun, and still be able to get things done.
Pros
discounted food, amazing staff, and flexible schedules
Cons
no breaks, long hours, random schedule changes without notice, late hours
Great experience in the food industry, difficult to move up.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2016
It is typically very busy in the restaurant, with many different types of customers.
I learned how to deal with many different types of people, and I developed a quick method for analyzing individuals in order to display the appropriate persona for the best customer service.
The management typically make a lot of promises that they do not remember to keep, but this is typical in the food industry because the managers have a lot on their plates.
My co-workers are all lovely! I get along very well with all of them and look forward to seeing them when I go to work. It is a very nice little community at Buffalo Wild Wings.
The hardest part of the job has been being patient with the process of becoming a server. I have worked very hard, and it can be frustrating when the management does not notice the good things I do.
The most enjoyable part of working for BWW is definitely my coworkers! We are like a family, and everyone is great at accepting new employees into our circle.
Pros
food service experience, potential to become server, great people
Cons
no benefits, not many hours, takes a very long time to move up
Fun workplace & fast money
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 26, 2016
This sports bar is very fast-paced and keeps you on your toes. It's a typical service industry job, so sometimes it can be stressful but often very fun. Coworkers are like a second family and we all work together to keep everything running smoothly. Management isn't as professional as some other places, but that's a good thing. They're more like family. They'll tell you you're doing something wrong and put you back in line, but they always are there if you need to talk and are very understanding. Having an environment where your bosses are approachable and fun really makes a stressful days easier.

Another benefits of a service industry job is that you can make quick cash. One night of tips might be $250. Now the downside is that, since I rely on tips, my pay is not consistent. I might make $150 one morning and then $50 the next. But to counter-act that I can pick up an extra shift to make more money if needed for the week.
Pros
flexible hours, ability to pick up extra shifts
Cons
no health benefits included, no retirement plan, inconsistent pay (tips)
Would have been better..
Server (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 31, 2016
Buffalo wild wings was a fun place to work other than the fact that there was no job security and the managers will try to find reasons to get rid of you at any cost. The turn over rate for Buffalo Wild Wings is really high because they do not care whether or not the employees stay or leave. Managers have a HUGE lack of communication and 9/10 times they could care less about what you need. While I worked there I felt disrespected quite often, which was in no way shape or form justifiable. I have had quite a number of regulars express their complaints with management and I tried to discourage the complaints because I thought I could actually offer something special to our guest and make sure they would come back time and time again. Not only are the customers complaining but the employees complain constantly because Scott, the store general manager likes to lose his mind in the middle of the shift and continue to go off on his employees. Business cannot conduct themselves in the right manner if the person who is supposed to lead the team through the shift is stressing and screaming at the employees he has.
Pros
Can make a decent ammount of money, customers are really sweet
Cons
No breaks, No employee meals, Store Manager likes to flip on employees when he is stressed out
Great Place to work!
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2016
The job gives you a lot of flexibility in your personal life, it challenges you every day with different situations and allows the employee to grow intellectually, as well as personally. The co-workers are very supportive and the management team does not micro manage its employees. The culture is great and promotes a team building atmosphere.
a horrible mess
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 1, 2016
One of the worst places anyone could ever work!! They have become a very typical corporate restaurant, firing experience and hiring inexpensive management to replace. The culture is one of sports and fun, but the music is kept blaring in order to move people in and out quickly, but since that is not as easy as it sounds, they have just raised prices up to make up the difference. When I first started, it was all about people...events, fun, development...now, all about numbers; there is no longer a balance between the two. The survivor mentality provides an environment filled with stress and animosity towards the company and the fact that they cheapen their products twice a week to "drive sales" brings in a crowd most undesirable for any restaurant. The cheap wings have nothing to do with sports, but they continue the process because numbers are bigger....they never take into account the safety of the staff on those nights, and they most likely never will. As a business, they will last for a bit, but are headed down the same path as some...the eventuality will be as simple as someone coming in and doing it better in all aspects. I have noticed, in some locations, that has already happened. If they closed tomorrow, very few people would even care, it would be just another drop in the bucket of really bad operators getting what they truly deserve. There is no loyalty from company to staff, and it is an absolute horrible place to work.
Pros
meeting great new people
Cons
everything else
Great work environment
General Manager/Multi-Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 3, 2016
Great place to work. Love the staff and atmosphere. Late nights and quality of life suffers. Buffalo wild wings continues to lead industry in technology advancements and innovative guest experience.
Pros
Compensation & Atmosphere
Cons
Late hours/quality of life

Want to know more about Buffalo Wild Wings?

Ask a question
Fun place to work
SERVER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 5, 2016
I loved working at Buffalo Wild Wings. The co-workers are fun and helpful and you meet many unique people who make work enjoyable. The management was amazing and they care about your success. They were always willing to work with my schedule while I attended school. The hardest part of the job is when the customers food orders don't come out correctly or take a long time to come out and they overall are not satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and the people you work with and meet while working.
Good Company
Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2016
Great schedule, great training, great people, never had an issue except when it comes to promotions. Great environment. Good money. Great place to start in service management.
Fun environment with laid back atmosphere for guest of all ages.
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 30, 2015
Buffalo Wild Winds is one of my favorite jobs that I've had the pleasures of working for. With my outgoing personality and love for all things sports, I've had no problem acclimating myself to the needs and services of guest and find it extremely easy to succeed at a high level. I have no doubt in my mind that I could climb my way up the corporate latter but feel that I can be a better asset in my desired field of architectural design.
Pros
Fun work place, great clientele, flexible scheduling
Cons
Incompetent management, no benefits, unreliable income
Productive and fast-pace work place
Cashier, Floater, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MIMarch 31, 2016
Every day that I work, I am assigned a certain position. Depending on how busy the restaurant is or not, that could change or stay the same. I am not always doing one task. I am usually in expo or more than likely running food to customers. I like doing take out the best, because it is more customer service. The management and co workers are excellent. The hardest part of my job is not being able to take a small break. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a customer satisfied!
Pros
half off discount, drinks
Cons
no breaks, short hours
Was just a job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 14, 2016
I came into work everyday in a happy mood but after only an hour my great mood would be discouraged to grumpy. Management had issues with proper ways of communicating with employees (ager issues). I gave my best everyday and didn't receive a single complaint against me. I liked the fast paced environment but management discouraged me to continue working there.
Pros
50% off food while at working shift
Cons
management & compensation
Very nice place to work , the manegment where awasome and co workers were pretty cool
Server , Cashier , Host , Cook , Prep , Expo (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 11, 2016
Some days were hard , other days were stressful , && hectic , but working at buffalo wild wings was a awesome experience I loved coming to work even on the hectic and stressful days , the management where awesome and my hours would vary by how my work ethic , but most weeks I would be working almost 7 days and mostly doubles , love this employment opportunity that I was offered
Pros
Free lunch, Awasome mangment, Sometimes good hours .
Cons
Advancment . Some Deparmtent managers played favorites and dated the hourly employees .
Fun workplace and a great first job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 28, 2016
A typical day at work is where i open the door for each person that comes and go's and take food to tables and answer phones and take to-go orders. I have learned a lot from Buffalo Wild Wings and that is that i am so open and out going and i care about people and knowing i am so motivated to working and finish what i have started and always asking my other co-workers if they need help. The management is amazing and always making sure were okay and treating us right. The hardest part of my job is when it gets super busy and everyone gets stressed and freaks out but i just calm myself down and figure everything out and help my co workers when they are freaking out. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk to people everyday i work and just listen to people's stories and becoming close with my co workers and just learning new things.
Pros
Discounts
Hard work for minimal rewards and horrifying customer base
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 25, 2016
No incentives, foul, petulant customers, usually amature management, minimal recognition for excessively hard work, crud pay, long hours, unorganized.
Pros
discounted food, awesome co-workers, the tips you get are YOURS besides server tipout to the bar, paid breaks bc you only get like 5 mins in a 12 hour shift, not a whole lot of management supervision so you can work comfortably as you please
Cons
you dont get a break unless you ask, you dont get a raise unless you ask, you dont get recognized for going above and beyond, cashiers are always short staffed, you have to deal with phones ringing off the hook, customers yelling in your face, management quick to ridicule you for not picking up that phone, pretty much just dealing face-to-face with the customers lol
Fast Paced Sports Environment
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 30, 2015
Many opportunities for advancement as Buffalo Wild Wings is a growing company. I have learned how to multitask and maintain inventory in both lower sales and upper sales units. The flexibility of my fellow management staff is helpful in making sure family activities can be attended. Missing out on holiday events has been hard because that is when we are the busiest and most needed.
Pros
Sports, Growth, Fellow Employees
Cons
Missing Holidays, Pay
Not so organized work setting
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at Buffalo Wild Wings was always enjoyable too a certain extent. With this job I learned that sometimes when working you have to overachieve expectations. The management here was terrible. You can see the favoritism the minute you walk in the building. I've had over a handful of customers point this out to me. The co workers of course voice their own opinions and sometimes it wasn't a friendly atmosphere. The hardest part of my job was big game nights because everyone in the restaurant is gonna need a helping hand and with the place being full with hungry customers, families, and friends its not soo easy to get around. The most enjoyable part of my job was the experience, game nights, and ghames when we would interact with the customers
Pros
The majority of oppurtunities with the store
Cons
Short Breaks