Buffets Inc

Buffets Inc Employer Reviews

Prep Cook (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 26, 2015
It was a Great place to work the people were nice, and the food was really good. The management knew how to run the place, and it was fun.
summary
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Highland, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: some of the best co-workers you would ever work with
Cons: the pay and no benefits also their is no loyality in the company
It is a pretty steady pace job on weekends it could get a little busy. If you are a server you make good tips. For example you may make better tips then someone who would work at a chilli's or applebees.
Gave me good experience of the food company and details.
Kitchen / Bus Team Member (Former Employee), Clovis, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Working in the food industry and learning how to work with people around you is very fun. Especially in the kitchen helping your coworkers to get the job done in a day or so.
It was a fast paced job which was no problem at all.
Line Server (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Being a line server i was constantly moving my whole shift. I enjoyed working at Hometown Buffet because there were a lot of positive co-workers and everyone seemed to always support one another.
fast paste, presistant, always having something to do
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAFebruary 15, 2015
at typical day at work was always busy and very fast paste. there was always something to do and it was very important to keep a steady work flow so you didnt get behind. the management and co workers were friendly and understanding. the hardest part of the job was the fast paste movement in a crowded work inviorment. the most enjoyable part was getting to work with amazing managers and employees.
Fun place to start learning
Baker (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free meal, coworkers
Cons: pay, raises, advancement
This was one of my first jobs after high school. It was a fun place to work and the co-workers are what made it fun. The only real problem I had with this place was they did not pay well and also raises where few and far in between. There also wasn't many advancement opportunities.
It takes all kinds.
Line Cook/Prep Cook, Line Server (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: fun and fast work environment
Cons: mandatory holidays
I love the diversity of the people I work with and the guests we have daily. Everyone is very open and understanding. We all work as a team to make the best dining experience and work experience for everyone. We truly are like a family.
Food Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed working here and my co workers. The management was good. The most enjoyable part was the customers and interacting with them. The most difficult part was when we had big parties and had to ring them up a certain way and it became very frustrating.
Productive but not enough work.
Server/waiter (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: food discounts, works schedules.
Cons: only part time available, insurance benefits
Everyday is a new day. Regular customers come in and they are all courteous and genuine. Though some of the people who work with me aren't always easy to get along with, work goes quickly and efficiently. But only being able to work part time is an issue. I have children and part time just doesn't cut it.
Fast paced
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee), Forsyth, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: discounts of food, fast paced
Cons: pay rate
I love to keep busy and this restaurant provided a fast paced environment. I work there for one year and it went well with my school schedule.
Very fun place to work with motivated young workers
Prep/ Utility worker (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAFebruary 9, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with one another and pushing each other to do our best job. Also everyone is consistent.
Busy place
CASHIER (Former Employee), medford maFebruary 9, 2015
Count my register , Set up my cashier stand and start my customer service skills. Throughout the day i am a general reference for anything needed on the floor
Helped me tremendiously with perfecting my customer service skills.
Community Representative (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: getting to use my education.
Cons: none.
Greeting loyal guests and welcoming new ones. Spending the majority of my time out in the community to create awareness of Old Country Buffet. Planning community events and participating in fundraisers as well as school programs. I learned how to use my marketing degree and how to make sure all guests were happy with our service. Co-workers were great, it was like a big family. Hardest part of my job was trying to raise guest counts without spending money, but I did it!
Most enjoyable part of my job was the guests and their families. Thursday was family night at the restaurant and it was a great place to be!
Maintenance,Grounds Keeper,Dishwasher (Former Employee), Vancouver, WaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: happy customers and discounts for friends and family
Cons: pay
The hours were nice. I didn't have to take any work home with me. I also enjoyed my co-workers.The regulars were always great.
fun people to work with
Pantry prep person (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fun people
Cons: short breaks, low pay
started out a dish water and moved up to pantry prep cook for the cooks cutting fruits and vegetable and making salads for about two years
Unstructed work enviornment
Cook, Carver (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: horrible pay for the amount of work required
Management changed within the short amount of time I was there.
I loved working with the elder
Service Assist (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 27, 2015
The town that I worked with had a lot of elder people. They were very grateful when you helped them.
Fun place to work really enjoyed the management and crew there
Cook (Former Employee), medford, Or.January 25, 2015
Pros: getting to cook a new dish daily, gave me the opportunity to create a wide range of variety when it came to the dishes i cooked, i also loved my co workers
Cons: just the fact that there was only two of us cooking all that food, it was enough work for at least 3 or even 4 people at times
Cooking all food for the resturaunt as quick as possible and as clean as possible. I learned how to cook multiple dishes giving me a wide range of culinary expirience. management was great they really cared about their employees just not much room to move up. Loved my co workers i made a lot of good friends i still keep in touch with. cooking for a funeral of 350 guests with just two cooks in the back me being one of them it was very difficult. again just getting to cook its something i love to do and learn different dishes was awsome.
poor
Cashier/Waiter (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: ...
Cons: management pay environment
poor job would not recommend working here. from the staff to the pay all around bad
Fun and diverse place to be
Model (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I always enjoyed coming to work at Pacsun. There were always friendly workers who were willing to share their selling tactics. It was always a joy to help out customers. It seemed as if a different person from another country was always coming in, especially since this particular store was located in a tourist part of California.

1 2 3 4 5

About Buffets Inc

In addition to over 360 buffet restaurants, Buffets, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse restaurant chain. – Read more