Buffets Inc

Buffets Inc Employer Reviews

Not worth your time.
Dishwasher/Baker/Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 19, 2014
Pros: usually pretty easy to request and receive days off outside of holidays, most of the managers are good, co-workers are great
Cons: corporate is worst ive ever had to deal with, they will cut anything they can including your wages and hours, constantly asking you to do things beyond your job description, not close to competitive wages, if you need to support anybody including yourself you wont make enough, every day you have off they will try to call you in, virtually impossible to call in sick or leave work sick, rarely get breaks
If your in high school and just need a first job to get some experience this is a good choice, but if you need to support yourself or anybody else its not worth working here.
Slow restaurant
Baker (Former Employee), Redding, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: growth opportunites
Very slow restaurant at times and to many workers, so lots of people standing around and management hiding in their offices. Sanitary issues.
I love this job!
Cashier (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, great staff
Cons: little room for advancement
Old Country Buffet is a wonderful place to work. They allow flexible schedules, your co workers are the absolute best, and the management is friendly and willing to help.
Flexible, great co-workers, and understanding
Line Server, Cashier, Server Assistant (Current Employee), Merced, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: reliable co-workers, communication and priority skills
Cons: hard to stock when busy
A typical day at work consist of filling food on the food bars and salad bars, provide customer service, clean, sanitize, and store foods properly.
While working with this company, I learned how to successfully manage my time, the ability to work in groups and individually, adapt to new environments and changed menus, alternate priorities, and work – more... efficiently under pressure. Furthermore, I learned how to speak my mind when necessary, ask questions when unsure, and to have a positive behavior.
My co-workers are awesome. They are very helpful, understanding, and reliable. Their communication is excellent.
The hardest part of the job is to keep the food bars full and floors clean when busy and under pressure.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with not only co-workers but reliable friends as well. – less
very productive place to work
Utility Specialist (Former Employee), Forsyth, ILJuly 9, 2014
A typical day included washing dishes, cleaning floors, taking out the trash. I learned how to work hard while I was working at olive garden as well as the importance of time management. I had great co-workers I got along with everyone and made friends with a lot of people. The hardest part of the job was sometimes working hours past closing time. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was having the independence to get the work done. – less
Fun Place
Computer tech (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 29, 2014
good people good customers very good place to shop and reasonable prices
Great place to gain skills. Often are cross trained in multiple areas. Great staff!
CASHIER (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 26, 2014
Working at Country Buffet has given me the opportunity to learn and work on skills. I enjoy that employees are often cross trained in positions such as: cashier, server, line server, cook, etc. Co-workers are great and always willing to lend a hand when help is needed.
pretty good
Line Worker (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNJune 22, 2014
great job
fast paced enviornment
great managers
hardest part of the job is the cleanup after hours
Busy Server
Server/ Cashier (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 20, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: getting messy
During your shift you make sure that the tables are clean for the customers to continue eating or to for customers to sit. You make sure your area is cleaned not only on the tables but your bust area and the floor. We get customers what they need if they ask. I learned how to juggle up to 50 tables at one time and how to properly handle a server tray. – more... The management was always kind and curtious and were willing to help out when needed. The workers there were always smiling and great to work with. – less
fun work place
cashier/waitress (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
a typical day at work was clocking in and cleaning and cashiering.
Fun, diverced, and a great work area
Cashier (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJune 17, 2014
This was one of my first jobs and probably the only job I loved so far. Working with this company gave you a family away from home. the employees here helped you and stood by your side through it. They became life long friends.
great place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJune 16, 2014
Pros: great managment
a good and friendly environment i truly regret leaving, it was a friendly environment and was a great growing experience for me.
Unprofessional
Utility (Former Employee), Westchester, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: 4$ meal company discount
Cons: dishwashers and cooks can't take breaks, managers would clock you out and have you working off the clock.
A lot of bickering and problems at this restaurant, the managers often took hours from people without warning, and hired more staff than needed reducing the amount of hours available for each individual job.
Julius (Hosp Manager) & Mike Barnett
Server (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 12, 2014
Made the environment .......worth working for. Funny, and comfortable yet firm at what they do.
TYpical Day
Waitress (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2014
Best part of the day is meeting new people and different personalities. Some customers were old, some young, and some kids. Each one brought something different to remember. Some bad days of course but more good. Nice place to work if you have patience and love people.
it purduce a fun work place
Carver cook maintenance (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: half hour breaks
daily flow of work. great days working for old country buffet. my job made me what i am today a team player plus loves working with people.
card games
Linecook (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 28, 2014
Pros: lunches. 30mins breaks. and back too work.
Cons: 30mins breaks at least.
coming in working to do my best. puttting in extra hours. helping peoples of what they need help with. working different postion in one day if asked too. love working with co-workers helping them. but, what i learned is, making customers happy is what makes my day. even with a warm nice smlie. it can be very buzy. but, the harder i work my day will – more... go by fast. – less
Very productive
General Manager (Former Employee), Orange County, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: great people, great atmosphere
Cons: downward sales trends due to upscale competition coming into the area
Family atmosphere, growth opportunity, able to help guests to have a great dining experience at a reasonable price. Worked one on one with District Manager for future positions.
Great Attmosphere
Line Attendant,cashier (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMay 17, 2014
Pros: fast friendly service
Cons: could be cleaner
I would say overall this is a good place to get the experience you could use later. The management team is also good to their employees. Friendly environment and good food.
Line sever / Cahsier
Cashier (Former Employee), levittownMay 14, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: short breaks
count draw
put out new food
keep area cleaned
sweep & mop
bakery

1 2 3 4 5

About Buffets Inc

In addition to over 360 buffet restaurants, Buffets, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse restaurant chain. – Read more