Buffets Inc Employee Reviews

Family environment
Community Representative/Server (Former Employee), Middletown, OHJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no health benefits for me
Looking forward to go and be at work. Everyone helped each other out, in order to run the restaurant swiftly. Thursday Nights were our Family Nights and we always had a house full. Our Managers were fair, empathetic and friendly with the employees.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Milford, CTJuly 27, 2015
 Responsible for keeping kitchen sterilized.
 Wash and dried dishes and silverware.
 Keeping floors swept and moped at all times at end of shift.
Part time
Cashier (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good tips
This was my first job. Having a job in High School was great, I was able to pay for my prom and graduation. It was part-time which was good for me at the time.
They're defunct now
Lineserver/Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Westland, MIJuly 19, 2015
One the franchise level, management and personnel were professional and competent. But the parent company filed bankruptcy in 2012 so I suppose that competency didn't reach the top.
Geat place to work with little supervision.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: $4.00 lunch
Cons: only part time
I was trained well then was able to adapt the training to make the job easier. I learned how to cut meat properly and to maintain a proper meat cooler. All my co-workers worked very well as a team. I loved most about the job that I didn't have someone watching over my shoulder all the time. I was expected to do my job to the best I can and went beound that.
I like to work with others
customer Service- shift manager (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
Responsible,Honest,productive,punctual Person.
Work hard with or without supervision.
I am willing to learn.
I like to share with the co-workers.
I work safely.
Productive work environment
Server (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2015
I enjoyed serving food to guests that came & ate with us. I learned hospitality. The hardest part of this job was cleaning up after kids.
Welcome to our fun and great resturant
Server/Lineserver (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day at hometown is always fun, you get to know the customer and have regulars come in just to see you and injoy the great food.
Good Place to work
Busser/Server (Former Employee), Goshen, INJuly 10, 2015
Pros: people, management, free food
Cons: low hours, not paid enough, not enough workers
I loved working with the public, fellow workers, the managers I had were awesome. It was hard to leave when the store was closed due to Rent being to high when lease came up for renewal.
n/a
dishwasher/janitor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: the building shut down permently
washed dishes
management was ok
my co workers didn't speak english the hardest part was working with my co workers the most enjoyable part was it was a buffet
Good Job
Line Server (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Pay
It was a good place to work to get me through High School. The management was good and they made it enjoyable to work. Typical day at work was filling the hot, salad, and desert bars.
Customer Service, Anticipate guest's unique needs and do something about it.
Cashier/Service Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: fifty percent discount for lunch
Cons: health insurance and benefits
Accepting cash and credit card payments from the customers using cash registered. Balance and report cash and credit payments every closing to the Manager.
A fun and fast-paced place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJune 27, 2015
Taking care of customers and providing great customer service was the top resposibility. I learned to mulit-task, that you can have fun at work but still do your job, and that there are so many different kinds of people. The managment was ok, but my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was an irate customer or not being able to give the customer what they were looking for. My favorite part of the job was interacting with all the guests and getting to know the regular customers as more than just customers. Knowing about their jobs, families, even what they were going through really made them feel like a work family.
Its Okay
Hot Bar Maintenance and Bakery (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: rude managers
co workers were always ready to play at team mates but the management its self needed some work . hardest part was dealing with the managers who didn't care much favoritism a lot of it .
fun workplace
Line Server (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 22, 2015
Pros: co workers, work place, job advancement, health benefits
Cons: turn overs in management, lay offs
Hometown Buffet is family oriented. The supervisors were understanding and enjoyed interacting with all of the coworkers. Sometimes keeping up with the customers and the amount of food needed to be pushed out sometimes was difficult. I learned no matter how swamped you feel or how impossible something may seem if you just keep at it eventually it will be accomplished.
fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: part time
Cons: on your feet all day
great place to work for youth going to school, perfect stepping stone for young employees to learn responsibility and multi-task and take orders from management. busy buffet keeps everyone busy and makes time fly and before you know it your shift is over.
great job
DISHWASHER (Former Employee), La Habra, CAJune 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, overtime, great crew, employee of the month incentive
Cons: drenched with water and sweat at the end of the day
I started washing dishes and that became easy after a few weeks.The staff was great always smiles all around.I learned nothing new as I had done this before at another restaurant before it brunt down shortly after I started working.Management was great until one came back from vacation when I got hired.That guy didn't like me cause i spoke English and Spanish fluently,but i was also getting recognition – more... to become management and that made him see me as a threat cause his English was horrible and he mostly spoke Spanish.Hardest part of the job was itself washing dishes,although we had a machine that took in 6 "racks" at a time making it easy the steam from all the hot water would make you sweat so much you needed to hydrate almost every hour.Most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you got for working hard and compliments from customers when I did meat carving .The few months i was there i was employee of the month twice. – less
Good Work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJune 12, 2015
It was my first job, I didn't get paid that much but it was fun. I got to meet a lot of people and I got to do one of my hobbies which was cooking. The management was good management and took care of you.
Not Friendly
Food & Beverage Clerk (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 5, 2015
Cons: Management communication is terrible
Ran into a lot of rude customers who demanded and expected ridiculous amounts of service for a restaurant that is mainly self serve. bus boys made tips however the rest of us made only minimum wage.
if you love to eat come on down its lots of food
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: work overly hard get the hours
Cons: know breaks cause you need the hours, and no advancement
Um working here was simply the worst job I've ever had. It starts off like a full time job part time hours, management very unprofessional and simply no room for advancement, ok know way...