Buffets Inc

Buffets Inc Employer Reviews

fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Very busy...work together as a team...set standards....happy employees...long hours...day went by fast...fed 1200 guests daily...great quality food at all times...very clean place with lot of smiling employees...
A productive and nice workplace
Line Server (Former Employee), Niles, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: easy schedule to have
Cons: healthcare and would not rehire
I liked to work at hometown buffet it was a lot of interesting people to work with I always worked mid afternoon to close and Sunday mornings but it was interesting work
Fast paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMarch 25, 2015
Typical day would be to come in and have to wash a bunch of dirty dishes. I learned its very important to help other co workers not get behind. The hardest part was trying to stay focused and keep up with dishes when were short one guy.
Semi-Productive workplace
Server (Former Employee), Montclair, CAMarch 23, 2015
Overall a mediocre workplace. Management is disorganized and can benefit from more structure and better leadership. It can be very chaotic and hectic at times.
Need to return to family steakhouse
Culinary Development Manager (Former Employee), Greer, SCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: poor and self centered management
Poor food quality continues while Ryan's restaurants are never given any physical updates. Worked with great team, but the team can not overcome poor decisions by upper management.
constructive, over worked employees, with low pay rates.
Line Server (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: communicating with customers, working in the bakery
Cons: barely no breaks, pay rate too low for hard labor, manager half to the job, problem solving, communication, favoritism.
I could say that coworker are very comfortable with everyone, person hygiene was a problem for some people, being sanitary was a problem with some people, and stealing around the work area. i could say that being in this work environment was difficult because managers show favoritism to some employees. that pay rate wasnt enough for all the hard labor.
mcdonals crew
Server (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed McDonalds , I didn't see myself being there long but I appreciate the company & giving me a opportunity I learned a lot about the fast food industry.
productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), janesville, wiMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I am a very hardworking, organized, social worker. i love to get things done on time and love to help out others. I learn things very quickly and work well with others.
Making the best of Poor management and questionable co-workers
Grill Master (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unorganized management
A typical day at Country Buffet involved cleaning the counters and floors, as well as the grill area. I would normally have to cut up a few trey of steaks at the beginning of my shifts so I would have enough for the rest of the night. I would keep myself busy cleaning the restaurant until someone would approach the grill to ask me for a steak. The hardest part of the job was learning how to cook steaks to their appropriate wellness. I so got the hang out it however and then it became the most enjoyable part of the job, seeing peoples enjoyment when I handed them a steak that was exactly the color on the inside that they were looking for.
At the end of my shift I would have to scrape the grill and rinse out all of the grease traps that had been filling up all day, I had to sweep and mop and then help the line servers clean their area as well. once the entire store had been approved by our manager we were free to go.
Horrible work environment.
Lineserver/Grill Cook/Display Cook (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: no breaks, horrible management, bad pay, off the clock work
On a typical day at work I would be expected to work about 7 to 8 hours straight without a break or lunch. Then I would have to work off the clock after that because they didn't want to go over hours. I learned what not to do in a restaurant. Management was very unprofessional and said inappropriate comments to female workers often. Some co-workers were nice but most were not good to be around. Hardest part of the job was having to work off the clock almost every day of work. Then on top of that getting in trouble for going to the bathroom. The most enjoyable part was seeing my friends.
Great place to be!
Cook (Former Employee), Crossville, TNFebruary 28, 2015
Ryan's is one of the best places to be if you're looking to advance in your career. All of the management are nice and family oriented. Everyone here works together as a team.
Best place I've ever worked
General Manager (Former Employee), Hemet, Moreno Valley.February 27, 2015
Pros: very busy. time flew every day.
Cons: a buffet style restaurant. not a lot of personal service to the guest.
When I was there, they were really making a lot of money. Business was exceptional. Busy, busy, busy.

Clean, updated on equipment. Computer system was top notch.
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 26, 2015
It was a Great place to work the people were nice, and the food was really good. The management knew how to run the place, and it was fun.
summary
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Highland, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: some of the best co-workers you would ever work with
Cons: the pay and no benefits also their is no loyality in the company
It is a pretty steady pace job on weekends it could get a little busy. If you are a server you make good tips. For example you may make better tips then someone who would work at a chilli's or applebees.
Gave me good experience of the food company and details.
Kitchen / Bus Team Member (Former Employee), Clovis, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Working in the food industry and learning how to work with people around you is very fun. Especially in the kitchen helping your coworkers to get the job done in a day or so.
It was a fast paced job which was no problem at all.
Line Server (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Being a line server i was constantly moving my whole shift. I enjoyed working at Hometown Buffet because there were a lot of positive co-workers and everyone seemed to always support one another.
fast paste, presistant, always having something to do
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAFebruary 15, 2015
at typical day at work was always busy and very fast paste. there was always something to do and it was very important to keep a steady work flow so you didnt get behind. the management and co workers were friendly and understanding. the hardest part of the job was the fast paste movement in a crowded work inviorment. the most enjoyable part was getting to work with amazing managers and employees.
Fun place to start learning
Baker (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free meal, coworkers
Cons: pay, raises, advancement
This was one of my first jobs after high school. It was a fun place to work and the co-workers are what made it fun. The only real problem I had with this place was they did not pay well and also raises where few and far in between. There also wasn't many advancement opportunities.
It takes all kinds.
Line Cook/Prep Cook, Line Server (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: fun and fast work environment
Cons: mandatory holidays
I love the diversity of the people I work with and the guests we have daily. Everyone is very open and understanding. We all work as a team to make the best dining experience and work experience for everyone. We truly are like a family.
Food Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed working here and my co workers. The management was good. The most enjoyable part was the customers and interacting with them. The most difficult part was when we had big parties and had to ring them up a certain way and it became very frustrating.

1 2 3 4 5

About Buffets Inc

In addition to over 360 buffet restaurants, Buffets, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse restaurant chain. – Read more

Buffets Inc Salaries