Buffets Inc

Buffets Inc Employee Reviews

my fellow employees made my job worth going.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 19, 2015
Pros: The employees
Cons: no breaks whatsoever
To be honest the management werent the best at helping us achieve or personal goals, they were to worried about what benefited them the most. My fellow employees were what made the job enjoyable the playful manner in which we got along.
10 to 12 hour work days and a fast pace resturant work
Food Bar Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, COMay 17, 2015
Pros: Positive customer reviews sent to my area director
Cons: Long hours and no holidays off
Constantly on feet 10 hours a day
I have very good customer service skills/people person
Most management is good
Get along with co-worker well
Keeping the food bar stocked when I'm working alone
Getting to talk and to know all of the customers
customer service
Team Member (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: closed down
at this job I worked in the front and the back of the house. but mostly I was in the front stocking the buffet and help customers when needed, I also did some general cleaning from time to time and from this job I also gain plenty of work experiences from this job to be able to move up in the company or other oppurturties. but aslo this was an enjoyable experience to.
Great workers, hard work
Utility/ Linerserver (Current Employee), RialtoMay 4, 2015
Work is fast paced and very difficult at times. The co-workers are the best thing at the job. Sometimes you are required to do too much for so little pay
Work at Old Country Buffet
Baker (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: 30 minute break
Cons: not enough hours
This job wasn't my finest. The place was really disorganized and dishes piled up. I did what I could to do my job, but it wasn't good enough for the managers. I was only working 2 or 3 days a week.
Very Productive and Stable
Line Server (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Fast work pace, stable income, good managment.
Cons: different lines to learn, standing all day
A Typical day at Palmers Candy Factory was very productive. I learned how to pack product according to codes and numbers of shipments required. I also learned how to work at a fast pace. The management was very strict and on point. The co-workers were easy to get along with, the seniors of the company make it comfortable to work there. The hardest part of this job is learning different lines. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to work a t a fast pace and speed your time up.
Good teammates and management, ok food
Line Cook (Current Employee), Tracy, CAApril 25, 2015
Very fast pace during the weekends and steady during the week. Learned to be quick and endure the extremely fast pace rush hours, as well as keep a calm mind during the stressful times. The kitchen managers are extremely helpful and understanding. Co-workers all have your back and will help sometimes without even asking, all good people. The hardest part of the job is just getting through the rush hours, takes a lot mentally and physically, but easy to get through with help and resilience. I enjoy the cooking and the co-workers, love being in the kitchen.
Fun environment, but very stressful
dishwasher/ utility (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNApril 24, 2015
- typical day at work consists of working with customers and standing for long periods with only one 10-15 minute break the whole day
- I learned to be patient with customers and to just do my part as an employee and help customers with whatever they need
- Co-workers are the best. The tone they set makes the whole day better.
great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 23, 2015
I enjoyed the night shift and the staff I worked with. The most important was dealing with people and working as a team member
family oriented
Service Manager (Former Employee), springfield illApril 22, 2015
Pros: great hrs
Cons: short breaks if you get one
very good place to work great benefits . good training , family oriented . job security quality time with family. locations ARE IN NEED OF UPGRADES
Good place for part time students
Cashier, Server, and Line server (Current Employee), Salinas, CAApril 20, 2015
My manager is very flexible with hours between school and other activities. The enviorment is very fast pace and alot of different duties you have to complete.
Relaxed atmosphere, great pay
WAIT STAFF (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Short hours, great pay
Cons: Lots of cleaning of food messes, management a little lazy
I worked here for about a year. Though most people would be iffy about working on tips at a buffet, I actually made at least 600 in the 3 days that I worked a week. It allowed for me to have a ton of time to myself and make sure that all my bills were paid on time. The work was very easy and took little to no effort. The management was alright. I was indifferent to them. And, the people I worked with were very kind and caring the entire time I was there.
Hard working with lots of responsibilites
Food Bar Manager/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Visalia, CAApril 14, 2015
I have learned all aspects of the restaurant. Everything from Service manager to Kitchen Manager. Have even learned GM responsibilities from reading a P&L to labor control to food cost controls. I have filled in during the absents of a GM. I have taken on several responsibilities of the GM during the interim of hiring a new GM.
Good first job.
Utility/dishwasher (Current Employee), Maple groveApril 8, 2015
Pros: good Co-workers
Cons: managment could be better
managment sucks they expect some employees to work 6+ days a week only good if you really need over time.
This job requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time.
Family oriented workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Watertown, MAApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work consists of frequent phone calls, answering questions and concerns of customers. Also greeting and setting the tone for returning or new customers.
Job review
cashier (Current Employee), Westminster, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: coworkers and regular guests
Cons: breaks, healthcare, hours
Typical day of work consists of mad employees and angry guests. Mad employees aren't mad necessarily mad with each coworker more as of the fact of the changes that the company makes. each month or even every 2 to 3 weeks something changes, whether thats the menu or just policies/ rules. making everyone's job harder and more time consuming. which i think is the hardest part of the job. the company is so big about hospitality which is good. But it gets hard when they make more time consuming steps to our jobs that limit us being very hospitable.especially for servers. in a buffet, when you have 30+ tables to wait on and when its busy as soon as one table is gone within 30 seconds its in use again. i have learned many management things. For example dealing with angry guests, doing office work, opening and closing the restaurant, managing hours- cutting hours when we need to, doing produce orders and food orders etc. the most enjoyable part of my my job is having alot of regulars come in. regular guest feel like part of my family. i know alot of these guest personal life. their children, their grandchildren , great grandkids. its always nice when they come with a huge smile on their face when they see you and give you a hug. Also my coworkers and managers are great. i get along with every single one of them and i feel grateful that each employee has the trust in me in telling me about each one of them, to get advice, to tell me their frustrations. and it feels good to hear them tell me how grateful they are for having me be their coworker. Someone they can talk to and someone who tells them what to do in a good way. i enjoy my job even tough there are some frustrations, but what job doesnt. we have those days that we get frustrated as well.
fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Very busy...work together as a team...set standards....happy employees...long hours...day went by fast...fed 1200 guests daily...great quality food at all times...very clean place with lot of smiling employees...
A productive and nice workplace
Line Server (Former Employee), Niles, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: easy schedule to have
Cons: healthcare and would not rehire
I liked to work at hometown buffet it was a lot of interesting people to work with I always worked mid afternoon to close and Sunday mornings but it was interesting work
Fast paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMarch 25, 2015
Typical day would be to come in and have to wash a bunch of dirty dishes. I learned its very important to help other co workers not get behind. The hardest part was trying to stay focused and keep up with dishes when were short one guy.
Semi-Productive workplace
Server (Former Employee), Montclair, CAMarch 23, 2015
Overall a mediocre workplace. Management is disorganized and can benefit from more structure and better leadership. It can be very chaotic and hectic at times.

1 2 3 4 5

About Buffets Inc

In addition to over 360 buffet restaurants, Buffets, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse restaurant chain. – Read more

Buffets Inc Salaries