Buffets Inc

Buffets Inc United States Employee Reviews

Fun environment, but very stressful
dishwasher/ utility (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNApril 24, 2015
- typical day at work consists of working with customers and standing for long periods with only one 10-15 minute break the whole day
- I learned to be patient with customers and to just do my part as an employee and help customers with whatever they need
- Co-workers are the best. The tone they set makes the whole day better.
great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 23, 2015
I enjoyed the night shift and the staff I worked with. The most important was dealing with people and working as a team member
family oriented
Service Manager (Former Employee), springfield illApril 22, 2015
Pros: great hrs
Cons: short breaks if you get one
very good place to work great benefits . good training , family oriented . job security quality time with family. locations ARE IN NEED OF UPGRADES
Good place for part time students
Cashier, Server, and Line server (Current Employee), Salinas, CAApril 20, 2015
My manager is very flexible with hours between school and other activities. The enviorment is very fast pace and alot of different duties you have to complete.
Relaxed atmosphere, great pay
WAIT STAFF (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Short hours, great pay
Cons: Lots of cleaning of food messes, management a little lazy
I worked here for about a year. Though most people would be iffy about working on tips at a buffet, I actually made at least 600 in the 3 days that I worked a week. It allowed for me to have a ton of time to myself and make sure that all my bills were paid on time. The work was very easy and took little to no effort. The management was alright. I was indifferent to them. And, the people I worked with were very kind and caring the entire time I was there.
Hard working with lots of responsibilites
Food Bar Manager/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Visalia, CAApril 14, 2015
I have learned all aspects of the restaurant. Everything from Service manager to Kitchen Manager. Have even learned GM responsibilities from reading a P&L to labor control to food cost controls. I have filled in during the absents of a GM. I have taken on several responsibilities of the GM during the interim of hiring a new GM.
Good first job.
Utility/dishwasher (Current Employee), Maple groveApril 8, 2015
Pros: good Co-workers
Cons: managment could be better
managment sucks they expect some employees to work 6+ days a week only good if you really need over time.
This job requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time.
Family oriented workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Watertown, MAApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work consists of frequent phone calls, answering questions and concerns of customers. Also greeting and setting the tone for returning or new customers.
Job review
cashier (Current Employee), Westminster, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: coworkers and regular guests
Cons: breaks, healthcare, hours
Typical day of work consists of mad employees and angry guests. Mad employees aren't mad necessarily mad with each coworker more as of the fact of the changes that the company makes. each month or even every 2 to 3 weeks something changes, whether thats the menu or just policies/ rules. making everyone's job harder and more time consuming. which i think is the hardest part of the job. the company is so big about hospitality which is good. But it gets hard when they make more time consuming steps to our jobs that limit us being very hospitable.especially for servers. in a buffet, when you have 30+ tables to wait on and when its busy as soon as one table is gone within 30 seconds its in use again. i have learned many management things. For example dealing with angry guests, doing office work, opening and closing the restaurant, managing hours- cutting hours when we need to, doing produce orders and food orders etc. the most enjoyable part of my my job is having alot of regulars come in. regular guest feel like part of my family. i know alot of these guest personal life. their children, their grandchildren , great grandkids. its always nice when they come with a huge smile on their face when they see you and give you a hug. Also my coworkers and managers are great. i get along with every single one of them and i feel grateful that each employee has the trust in me in telling me about each one of them, to get advice, to tell me their frustrations. and it feels good to hear them tell me how grateful they are for having me be their coworker. Someone they can talk to and someone who tells them what to do in a good way. i enjoy my job even tough there are some frustrations, but what job doesnt. we have those days that we get frustrated as well.
fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Very busy...work together as a team...set standards....happy employees...long hours...day went by fast...fed 1200 guests daily...great quality food at all times...very clean place with lot of smiling employees...
A productive and nice workplace
Line Server (Former Employee), Niles, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: easy schedule to have
Cons: healthcare and would not rehire
I liked to work at hometown buffet it was a lot of interesting people to work with I always worked mid afternoon to close and Sunday mornings but it was interesting work
Fast paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMarch 25, 2015
Typical day would be to come in and have to wash a bunch of dirty dishes. I learned its very important to help other co workers not get behind. The hardest part was trying to stay focused and keep up with dishes when were short one guy.
Semi-Productive workplace
Server (Former Employee), Montclair, CAMarch 23, 2015
Overall a mediocre workplace. Management is disorganized and can benefit from more structure and better leadership. It can be very chaotic and hectic at times.
Need to return to family steakhouse
Culinary Development Manager (Former Employee), Greer, SCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: poor and self centered management
Poor food quality continues while Ryan's restaurants are never given any physical updates. Worked with great team, but the team can not overcome poor decisions by upper management.
constructive, over worked employees, with low pay rates.
Line Server (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: communicating with customers, working in the bakery
Cons: barely no breaks, pay rate too low for hard labor, manager half to the job, problem solving, communication, favoritism.
I could say that coworker are very comfortable with everyone, person hygiene was a problem for some people, being sanitary was a problem with some people, and stealing around the work area. i could say that being in this work environment was difficult because managers show favoritism to some employees. that pay rate wasnt enough for all the hard labor.
mcdonals crew
Server (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed McDonalds , I didn't see myself being there long but I appreciate the company & giving me a opportunity I learned a lot about the fast food industry.
productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), janesville, wiMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I am a very hardworking, organized, social worker. i love to get things done on time and love to help out others. I learn things very quickly and work well with others.
Making the best of Poor management and questionable co-workers
Grill Master (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unorganized management
A typical day at Country Buffet involved cleaning the counters and floors, as well as the grill area. I would normally have to cut up a few trey of steaks at the beginning of my shifts so I would have enough for the rest of the night. I would keep myself busy cleaning the restaurant until someone would approach the grill to ask me for a steak. The hardest part of the job was learning how to cook steaks to their appropriate wellness. I so got the hang out it however and then it became the most enjoyable part of the job, seeing peoples enjoyment when I handed them a steak that was exactly the color on the inside that they were looking for.
At the end of my shift I would have to scrape the grill and rinse out all of the grease traps that had been filling up all day, I had to sweep and mop and then help the line servers clean their area as well. once the entire store had been approved by our manager we were free to go.
Horrible work environment.
Lineserver/Grill Cook/Display Cook (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: no breaks, horrible management, bad pay, off the clock work
On a typical day at work I would be expected to work about 7 to 8 hours straight without a break or lunch. Then I would have to work off the clock after that because they didn't want to go over hours. I learned what not to do in a restaurant. Management was very unprofessional and said inappropriate comments to female workers often. Some co-workers were nice but most were not good to be around. Hardest part of the job was having to work off the clock almost every day of work. Then on top of that getting in trouble for going to the bathroom. The most enjoyable part was seeing my friends.
Great place to be!
Cook (Former Employee), Crossville, TNFebruary 28, 2015
Ryan's is one of the best places to be if you're looking to advance in your career. All of the management are nice and family oriented. Everyone here works together as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About Buffets Inc

In addition to over 360 buffet restaurants, Buffets, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse restaurant chain. – Read more

Buffets Inc Salaries