Buffets Inc Employee Reviews

Always productive
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 5, 2016
come in get straight to work. the most enjoyable part of the job was that it was third shift and really time just flew.i was blessed to have some good co-workers and management was great stayed on top of everybody ppes
learning and peaceful environment
Food Prep/Baker /Front Line Server (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at Hometown Buffet. I met many people and really enjoyed working with my co-workers. They taught me many things about working in a restaurant.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Fast paste enviorment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Good place to work for, long hours. Have to be prepared for anything.
The employees are great to work with and it is a team building company where you have one another's back at all times.
Pros
Willing to work with conflicting hours
Cons
Open all year round
fun work place
Server/Hostess/Food Bar Server (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 29, 2016
very flexible for students they are always working around my schedule. Also for mothers flexible schedules for for specific babysitting times. Managers make you really feel apart of the team and always helping you improve.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
only 50% off for luch
Family closeness with corporate leadership.
Baker/ Server/ Line Server (Former Employee) –  COJanuary 27, 2016
Country Buffet gave me a hand up when I was down. They trained me and trusted me and allowed me to grow. I'll never forget what you have done for me.
fun workplace
LINE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 25, 2016
A place with a great co-workers where you learn to smile sincerely to attended the customers and work with a good team on your area designed.
very tight and willing to help out (staff/crew members)
Production Cook/Baker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Go in to work at 9:00 am and believe me everyday is a new challenge. Management is always on the move to open the doors on time and prepared to make the necessary changes in the day. No day is the same you never know if it'll be easy slow day or fast short staffed day. My co-workers i know did their best but most new workers were horribly trained and thrown into random positions that did not fit them. Hardest part of the job was working alone in the back trying to prep for opening, lunch and dinner (not to mention attempt to make enough to last for the next day). it was hard they didn't really help sometimes.
Pros
Free lunch, positive co-workers, fun and friendly environment
Cons
very low staffed, low pay
Fast Track Masnagement
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Raymore, MOJanuary 22, 2016
Company has declared bankruptcy 2 times while I have been in there employ, they have been sold 3 time, and are very unstable, They have been very poorly maintained and run.
Fun and exciting!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 10, 2016
Company has great benefits along with great job advancement! I have been with the company for three years now and would recommend it for anyone who loves a challenge and a fast paced environment!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very long days
Once was a wonderful job
Hostess, Cashier, kids night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 1, 2016
On a typical summer afternoon we would be absolutely slammed, with faces from all over the country. With the right management it's great to work there. For the most part the guests are always friendly and polite. It is a very laid back job, which if you stay for more than 2 years you might get a raise.
Pros
Got paid to do nothing. (Not a Pro to me)
Cons
Rare breaks, No free lunch, unfair scheduling
Good starting job for people looking for an exciting place to start working for a first job.
Carver, Lineserver, Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 24, 2015
Carving, lineserving, and service assistant jobs are nice for the pay:work ratio. They are jobs that many can pick up and easily fit into a team environment as everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, flexible work schedule
Cons
Lack of hours and opportunity to advance to higher levels within the company.
Great environment and meeting new people everyday.
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNDecember 23, 2015
Punched in and went to my section and cleared tables.

It was a great place to meet new people and my co-workers was great as well!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
On my feet for 6 or more hours.
Didn't really care about employee's or value the employee families
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 4, 2015
They are not kid friendly and if you have a child, and you have to leave for a family emergency they will not let you go, or threaten to fire you. They would keep you after you were scheduled to get off. The restaraunt was poorly managed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, not kid friendly
productive workplace
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 4, 2015
I worked at old country buffet full time great co workers good customers great place to work good crowd better than your average job
Pros
Had access to lunch buffet during breaks and great co workers
Good home comfort food, greeted with a sincere smile.
Server (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 27, 2015
I love working here. Once I start on the floor everything from home leaves me and I shine bright like a shooting star on a clear night. I care about every table I greet and would assist them with directions, advice or jokes to make them more comfortable. My co-workers are friendly and the management listens genuinely. It doesn't even feel like work to me, that's the crazy part. When I clock off and head to my car, my spirits are lifted and mood elevated nothing can bother me. I'm really thankful that I got hired and mention to my boss appreciation.
HomeTown
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 25, 2015
The Job environment is the best thing we can have. We always work just for the everyday people, make them feel like home. We a good leadership, entertaining, and assistant. We have Everything!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 19, 2015
Enjoyed cooking, grilling and preparing foods that people love to eat. Wonderful feeling to know that what you are doing makes a difference regardless if its cooking. People like to eat good food, and I like to prepare great food
Pros
Atmosphere
benefits
Not professional
Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2015
This place is good to go to for a meal and have pretty good food. But the staff when you work together is not a team at all. People don't want to help each other out at all. I would not work for them again.
Enjoyed preparing and setting up the food for the customers.
Food Service Line preparation and server (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WINovember 12, 2015
Prepared food and set up the food out in the buffet line for the customers. I always made sure all of the food stayed full and the was clean.
Pros
Enjoyed preparing food and setting up the food for the customers.
Cons
No breaks.
Outgoing and family friendy environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 10, 2015
very busy place, but every one always manage to have a smile on their face. greeting and answering the phone was always a pleasure for me to do. Manager and co-worker always treat each other with respect and like a family member would do so.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Insuarances Benefits