Buffets Inc Employee Reviews

Decent work environment.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CADecember 14, 2017
Not a bad place to work but there is no room for growth nor is the company itself stable. Slow dying corporation. The food was not bad. Manager lacked involvement.
Pros
Food
Cons
no room for growth and unstable company.
worst job ever!
Training to be Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 10, 2017
Low pay, inconsistent breaks, mean and unprofessional general manager. Called in on my days off, managers sit in office and don't help when needed. Horrible place! Restaurant was shut down without notice to staff!
Pros
Cons
Worst job!
Great work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 6, 2017
Great working environment mainly due to management great co workers place was always busy kept you on your toes which was great so I loved it Management made it easy to work for this company that's the number one priority
Criminals and Sexism
Baker/Cashier/Line Server (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJNovember 27, 2017
As with any other restaurant, the men in the back of the house treat the women poorly. Managers brush it off. Salad bar was always drastically above temperature.
Hometown Buffet
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 19, 2017
Hometown Buffet was a fun environment. A typical day consisted of everyone working together to assist customers. Management was fun and tried to make sure everyone was happy. There were not very many options for advancement which made this job temporary for many people.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no advancement, part time
HomeTown Buffet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHNovember 14, 2017
Wasn't a bad place to work. The cook manager, who later became store manager was a great man. The hours were horrible, got less than 15 hours a week. Staff was friendly and willing to help.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for hometown buffet got to meet so many different people, never a boring moment, always kept myself doing or finding something to do. Got along with my peers, with customers, managers. Overall i enjoyed working there as i do take pride in any job that i have held.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
insufficent hours
Unknown
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 10, 2017
Experience with the development and implementation of systems, processes and tools utilized for revenue reporting. This is a great place to start your career.
Was an ok working environment
Hostess Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 7, 2017
It was and ok working environment. Would not want to work for that company again. I would recommend someone to work there as a supplemental income only.
made great friends there, enjoyed work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXNovember 7, 2017
It was great job because you could make money and it really is not hard work. I also noticed that the company was talking of filing for Chapter 3, so of course that concerned me to
Pros
good food, great custumers
Cons
bad managment

Want to know more about Buffets Inc?

Ask a question
a place with lots of friendly people
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 6, 2017
I loved working there because I got to cook & its something I love doing, I got along with everyone there I learned alot there, my managers was awesome.
Hometown Buffet
Baker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 5, 2017
My experience working at hometown buffet was laid back and very easy work- everything was simple to manage and cook the management was always there to help and its a Very easy job
Pros
Easy Flexible Work
Cons
Management was too helpful
Family-like environment and Kind co-workers and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 4, 2017
A typical day at work as a Cashier is busy, fun, friendly and requires good multi-tasking. I typically took care of customers as they came to the register, called to confirm future restaurant reservations, cleaned and helped my co-workers with keeping our side of the restaurant clean and presentable. I learned how to be a good employee, this is a great first time employer and they employ anyone, no matter their background. I learned how to multi-task much better and have learned how to operate restaurant computer systems, deal with cash and I also learned the value of consistent hard-work and staying ahead of my tasks. The management is very kind and helpful and flexible with their employees. The workplace culture is very familial and busy. All employees and managers work hard when they're on shift. The hardest part of the job is the learning curve and computer system. If this is your first job, it might take you a little while to feel like you are getting very good at your job and the computer system can be a bit difficult to manage. However, you'll learn the value of asking for help and being able to problem-solve in work situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people that I worked with, I enjoyed being around them, talking to them and became fast friends. The people there are very good people and come from all kinds of different backgrounds, which makes getting to know them even more valuable. Co-workers, managers and customers are what make the restaurant a lovable place to work.
Pros
Individual discount on the food
Dishwasher
Dishwasher / Inventory Audit (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 23, 2017
One of the hardest jobs ever. Being a dishwasher was one of the hardest thing I ever had to do. I have a new respect for people who can do this everyday.
Stress full place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 12, 2017
A typical work was 10 plus hours per shift, Constantly on the go all day. Had to work many positions to save labor. Did like meeting people that came into the restaurant.
Fun Workplace and Great Co-workers
Line Rusher/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 9, 2017
Management gave me a very Flexible work schedule which helped me continue my schooling after high school. Fun Co-workers helped make the environment an enjoyable one.
Poor management
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 2, 2017
Management is extremely poor, Food isn't great, Your expected to work like 3 different jobs at once. It is an extremely stressful environment to work in
Pros
Cons
highly stressful job
Baker (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 26, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work here well not at the one im at anyway. You get paid nothing, you dont get that many hours, and they will sit there and yell at you for dumb stuff that you have no control over.
serving assistant/hostess
Hostess/Serving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 22, 2017
i liked my coworkers and my customers however didnt get much hours and sometimes i would be scheduled to come in but then be called to not come due to slow service
Pros
great coworkers/customers
Cons
hours and management
Easy Going and really fun Co Workers.
Food Court Line Server/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 22, 2017
It's a good place to work at if you find food interesting, really fun co workers. There's also a lot to learn, taking me for example i couldn't flip omelets, but working at Old Country Buffet taught me how.