Buffets Inc

Buffets Inc Employer Reviews

friendly employees bad management
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 15, 2014
Pros: other employees were friendly and fun to work with
Cons: no breaks, no support for changing jobs
I worked here for a few months, the stress of bad management got to me. I was hired as a cashier, but I found it a bit too stressful from the cranky guests, to management that did not give the required breaks.
GOOD JOB
Cook (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 5, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK CONSIST OF COMING IN SETTING UP THE COLD BAR LINE AND PREPARING MORE FOOD THE REST OF THE DAY,I'VE LEARNED HOW TO PREPARE LARGE QUANITIES OF FOOD FOR A HUGE CROWD.
Grat work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 3, 2014
filled with lots of happiness an good respectable customers.
Average food quality, poor hours, poor treatment of employees
Crew Member (Current Employee), Chico, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: discounts on meals, including friends/family
Cons: poor hours, employees are "disposable"
I know that my managers have to answer to corporate bigwigs, but there should be a bit more of an understanding of college students and the situation we are in with bills, rent and tuition. The general manager is removed from the daily goings-on of the restaurant and does not seem to care if 5 of his ~50 employees are getting only 4 hours of work EACH – more... WEEK. – less
hotttt.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 2, 2014
Pros: great free dinner
Cons: getting smelly, and dirty
Work not daily by the week, the management really was rude, and I found a way to get away from the insults. A lot of other workers quit..
It's a good place to work and they work around your outside schedule.
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 27, 2014
They are good with flexible hours and works around your schedule.
Employee paradise... excelent conpensations, benefits and incentives
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation, benefits, profit sharing, safety awards and bonuses
Cons: 50 + hours work weeks for managers
Extraordinary good place to work for... Company (Buffets Inc.) Banckrupted and closed 400 stores nationwide.
Fun environment
master carver (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMarch 24, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no raises
Great place to work for if you are a young person looking for your first job, other than that there are no advancement opportunities but they are very flexible with your hours.
Great experience for a first job!
Baker, Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Mankato, MNMarch 12, 2014
Pros: i was able to become a certified trainer
Cons: this was my first job, so where do i go from here?
Old Country Buffet, Mankato, is a training store for the Buffets Incorporated. In a timely manor, I prepare and bake all of the breads and desserts. I was also position certified as a baker, being qualified to train and supervise new employees or managers in training. Past employment with Old Country Buffet, I became certified trained as a Hostess, – more... Cashier, Line Attendant, and Pantry Prep. – less
n/a
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), madison wiMarch 11, 2014
getting people thier drinks, cleaning tables, seating people, and running cash register.
Worked many hours
Cashier / Staff (Former Employee), North Canton, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: got to work many hours
Cons: went out of business
It was a great job to work at. I was in high school still and playing softball at the sometime. I would have practice and then go right to work. They worked around the softball games and they also would give me 40 hours every week.
Terrible Management
Server/Cashier/Host (Former Employee), Yakima, WaMarch 10, 2014
A HORROR STORY of a job. Perfect for people who don't care how they are treated, how customers are treated, how company policies are followed (or not followed), how unorganized and unnecessarily hectic the business is, and just wants to make money.
Fun,Family Oriented Atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: healthcare/insurance
a typical day at work,learned alot working in the bakery. Got along with the management staff,and co-workers.there was no hardest part of the job.the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers.
awsome place to work for
Service manager (Former Employee), CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: traviling to far stores
buffets inc. is by far the best employer I have had the pleasure to work for benefit packages are really good and monthly bonuses were given
High energy enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara CaliforniaMarch 5, 2014
Best part of working for Buffets Inc was the Team culture with in all levels of the company
Fast but fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 4, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: n/a
My typical day consist of cleaning table and eating utensils. I learned time management and self pacing. Manangement was willing to assist as need. They were also very professional. Co-Workers were a vital part of team work which made the job more enjoyable. There were no hard parts to consider. I enjoy every moment.
A fast-paced, and personable position
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: diversity, friendly customers
Cons: lay-offs
I opened the register and closed my drawer in the afternoon.
I came into contact with a lot of friendly customers during the rushes for dinner and lunch.
The best part of working here was the fast paced environment.
The hardest part was selling drinks to customers, and not taking no for an answer.
The managers were quirky and fun. They loved having – more... young employees.
The coworkers were hard working and focused everyday. – less
Family style restaurant where there's something for everyone
Server/Cashier (Current Employee), Downingtown, PAFebruary 23, 2014
A typical work day at Old Country Buffet, for me, is taking care of the guests. I take care of the guests by taking away their dishes when they are finished, clear their table when they are done, and help them find items in the restaurant that they can't find. I also establish long lasting relationships with regular customers and create new relationships – more... with new customers. During my work day, I usually have to keep up with more than 30 tables at one time. As well as making sure that I keep my area clean and keeping up with guest requests.
I generally work with a handful of coworkers on a daily basis. We work together as a team and if someone needs help, I lend them a hand and help them with their current problem.
The best part about my job, is getting to see my regular customers come back to see me again and again. The hardest part of the job is having to sometimes take care of all the guests by myself. Our restaurant can hold up to 386 guests at one time, sometimes it can get a little busy. I know my managers wouldn't have me take care of the guests by myself if they thought I couldn't handle it though. – less
The coworkers were friendly.
Cashier (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 22, 2014
Cons: paid for food, cannot work full-time
Stood on your feet all day, greeted people and assisted people when needed, and cleaned a lot. My co-workers were fun and friendly, that was probably my favorite part of the job. Hardest part of the job was working a 7-8 hour shift and getting no break. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers.
Strict management and long days.
Busser/Associate (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work consistently dealt with angry customers and unsatisfied customers either because of waiters, management or the food. The customer was always happy to talk to me and see me before they went in and after they left. The management was wonderful when I was hired in but a few months afterwards, the managers had left and we got new management – more... who had no idea what they were doing. The co-workers were always fun to be around and we always had fun but when it came down to working as a team, there was no team. The most enjoyable part of my job was earning all the tips for my great personality and smile and ensuring the customers felt comfortable. The hardest part was dealing with all the complaints the customers had and handling them. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Buffets Inc

In addition to over 360 buffet restaurants, Buffets, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse restaurant chain. – Read more