Buffets Inc

Buffets Inc Employee Reviews

Customer Service, Anticipate guest's unique needs and do something about it.
Cashier/Service Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: fifty percent discount for lunch
Cons: health insurance and benefits
Accepting cash and credit card payments from the customers using cash registered. Balance and report cash and credit payments every closing to the Manager.
A fun and fast-paced place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJune 27, 2015
Taking care of customers and providing great customer service was the top resposibility. I learned to mulit-task, that you can have fun at work but still do your job, and that there are so many different – more... kinds of people. The managment was ok, but my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was an irate customer or not being able to give the customer what they were looking for. My favorite part of the job was interacting with all the guests and getting to know the regular customers as more than just customers. Knowing about their jobs, families, even what they were going through really made them feel like a work family. – less
Its Okay
Hot Bar Maintenance and Bakery (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: rude managers
co workers were always ready to play at team mates but the management its self needed some work . hardest part was dealing with the managers who didn't care much favoritism a lot of it .
fun workplace
Line Server (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 22, 2015
Pros: co workers, work place, job advancement, health benefits
Cons: turn overs in management, lay offs
Hometown Buffet is family oriented. The supervisors were understanding and enjoyed interacting with all of the coworkers. Sometimes keeping up with the customers and the amount of food needed to be pushed out sometimes was difficult. I learned no matter how swamped you feel or how impossible something may seem if you just keep at it eventually it will be accomplished.
fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: part time
Cons: on your feet all day
great place to work for youth going to school, perfect stepping stone for young employees to learn responsibility and multi-task and take orders from management. busy buffet keeps everyone busy and makes time fly and before you know it your shift is over.
great job
DISHWASHER (Former Employee), La Habra, CAJune 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, overtime, great crew, employee of the month incentive
Cons: drenched with water and sweat at the end of the day
I started washing dishes and that became easy after a few weeks.The staff was great always smiles all around.I learned nothing new as I had done this before at another restaurant before it brunt down shortly – more... after I started working.Management was great until one came back from vacation when I got hired.That guy didn't like me cause i spoke English and Spanish fluently,but i was also getting recognition to become management and that made him see me as a threat cause his English was horrible and he mostly spoke Spanish.Hardest part of the job was itself washing dishes,although we had a machine that took in 6 "racks" at a time making it easy the steam from all the hot water would make you sweat so much you needed to hydrate almost every hour.Most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you got for working hard and compliments from customers when I did meat carving .The few months i was there i was employee of the month twice. – less
Good Work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJune 12, 2015
It was my first job, I didn't get paid that much but it was fun. I got to meet a lot of people and I got to do one of my hobbies which was cooking. The management was good management and took care of you.
Not Friendly
Food & Beverage Clerk (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 5, 2015
Cons: Management communication is terrible
Ran into a lot of rude customers who demanded and expected ridiculous amounts of service for a restaurant that is mainly self serve. bus boys made tips however the rest of us made only minimum wage.
if you love to eat come on down its lots of food
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: work overly hard get the hours
Cons: know breaks cause you need the hours, and no advancement
Um working here was simply the worst job I've ever had. It starts off like a full time job part time hours, management very unprofessional and simply no room for advancement, ok know way...
having fun working with co worker
Cook (Current Employee), Bellingham, WAMay 26, 2015
Pros: half pay for food across the country
Cons: half time break, health insurance offer
good and fun people working, flexible schedule that balance your daily activity, some supv, or manager sometime don't care in cleanliness
OK place.
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee), Montebello, CAMay 24, 2015
Typical non-fancy place to work. I held this job while in High School so the scheduling worked out perfectly. I acquired cash handling experience as well as customer service experience which helped me get a job offer elsewhere. Good place to start off.
my fellow employees made my job worth going.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 19, 2015
Pros: The employees
Cons: no breaks whatsoever
To be honest the management werent the best at helping us achieve or personal goals, they were to worried about what benefited them the most. My fellow employees were what made the job enjoyable the playful manner in which we got along.
10 to 12 hour work days and a fast pace resturant work
Food Bar Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, COMay 17, 2015
Pros: Positive customer reviews sent to my area director
Cons: Long hours and no holidays off
Constantly on feet 10 hours a day
I have very good customer service skills/people person
Most management is good
Get along with co-worker well
Keeping the food bar stocked when I'm working alone
Getting to talk and to know all of the customers
customer service
Team Member (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: closed down
at this job I worked in the front and the back of the house. but mostly I was in the front stocking the buffet and help customers when needed, I also did some general cleaning from time to time and from this job I also gain plenty of work experiences from this job to be able to move up in the company or other oppurturties. but aslo this was an enjoyable experience to.
Great workers, hard work
Utility/ Linerserver (Current Employee), RialtoMay 4, 2015
Work is fast paced and very difficult at times. The co-workers are the best thing at the job. Sometimes you are required to do too much for so little pay
Work at Old Country Buffet
Baker (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: 30 minute break
Cons: not enough hours
This job wasn't my finest. The place was really disorganized and dishes piled up. I did what I could to do my job, but it wasn't good enough for the managers. I was only working 2 or 3 days a week.
Very Productive and Stable
Line Server (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Fast work pace, stable income, good managment.
Cons: different lines to learn, standing all day
A Typical day at Palmers Candy Factory was very productive. I learned how to pack product according to codes and numbers of shipments required. I also learned how to work at a fast pace. The management – more... was very strict and on point. The co-workers were easy to get along with, the seniors of the company make it comfortable to work there. The hardest part of this job is learning different lines. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to work a t a fast pace and speed your time up. – less
Good teammates and management, ok food
Line Cook (Current Employee), Tracy, CAApril 25, 2015
Very fast pace during the weekends and steady during the week. Learned to be quick and endure the extremely fast pace rush hours, as well as keep a calm mind during the stressful times. The kitchen managers – more... are extremely helpful and understanding. Co-workers all have your back and will help sometimes without even asking, all good people. The hardest part of the job is just getting through the rush hours, takes a lot mentally and physically, but easy to get through with help and resilience. I enjoy the cooking and the co-workers, love being in the kitchen. – less
Fun environment, but very stressful
dishwasher/ utility (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNApril 24, 2015
- typical day at work consists of working with customers and standing for long periods with only one 10-15 minute break the whole day
- I learned to be patient with customers and to just do my part as an employee and help customers with whatever they need
- Co-workers are the best. The tone they set makes the whole day better.
great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 23, 2015
I enjoyed the night shift and the staff I worked with. The most important was dealing with people and working as a team member

1 2 3 4 5

About Buffets Inc

In addition to over 360 buffet restaurants, Buffets, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate Tahoe Joe's, a steakhouse restaurant chain. – Read more

Buffets Inc Salaries