Buffett Senior Healthcare Employee Reviews

good products
Senior Healthcare Professional (Former Employee) –  USDecember 22, 2016
Offers good products but sales area can change greatly. Not bad if you like to travel and be on the road away from family and friends. Was told that my territory would be in area I lived, but actually ended up being two states away.
I've learned so much and love the reward!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2015
The people I have met in my journey here truly the things in life that really matter and will do all they can to support in your achievement. , One has the ability to work hard and play harder. Its a truly rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others. I couldn't be more thankful for this opportunity.
Pros
Meaningful and beneficial compensation package, less paperwork than the competition and better pay, short work weeks, and awesome company perks.
Cons
In the beginning the amounts of learning can be quite intimidating.
Excellence is our tradition
Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 5, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed. Casual friday plus Pizza day every tuesday makes the week go quickly.
Great team with great rewards.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZMay 5, 2015
There have been a lot of positive changes in my career life since I started with this company - my coworkers are great and I really enjoy my job. It can be tough at first if you are new to the industry. There is a lot to learn and it's important to get it right because mistakes can be costly. Hard work really pays off here just as in any other job field.
Pros
a truly rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others, a meaningful and beneficial compensation package, The potential to become a millionaire in just a few short years, less paperwork than the competition and better pay.
Cons
Big pay off requires time dedication.
Very desirable company and career with large reward.
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2015
As most people desire, this company gives the ability and tools to become successful and take home a healthy income. I'm not sure which I love more, the generous commission, personable and positive employee roster, or the growth opportunities. Only the true hard workers can make it here; you get back what you definitely put in.
Pros
A truly rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others, an amazing staff, tremendous support, an incredible value system, great benefits.
Cons
It can be tough at first if you are new to the industry.
Driven to success and focused on the big picture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2015
Working at Buffett Senior was tough and demanding sometimes but was always a very rewarding experience. You have to push yourself to be at the top of your game constantly but if you can handle that, no sweat. Generous commission structures make up for the long hours. This job is definitely what you make it. Its not always pretty, and sometimes can be downright boring. As long as you know who you are and what you are there to do, you can be happy here and make your time here a decent stepping stone for your professional career.
Solid Employer, Room to Grow
Sales (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, KSMay 1, 2015
Upper management takes an interest in all levels of employees and they seem to care about morale, which I find to be rare in large companies. Middle management sometimes gets lost in the political maneuvering that goes on at their level, which can be a detriment to the employees. The supervisors all seem to be solid people however, and the company prefers to promote from within; this is a big bonus in my book! Advancement is limited only by your skill and willingness to work. Pay isn't the best at the starting levels but does get better by a good bit as you move up.
Productive and encouraging work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Texas territoryJanuary 19, 2015
I worked here for about 5 months and overall it was a positive experience. If you don't mind long hours then this could definitely be the job for you. Those who can grind it out find that the compensation is worth it. Management shows a willingness and desire to help you succeed in your role and are very supportive along each step of the way.
A well balanced work team and environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 5, 2015
A truly rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others, a meaningful and beneficial compensation package, The potential to become a millionaire in just a few short years, less paperwork than the competition and better pay.
Pros
Great and very helpful staff, great compensation, many opportunities for growth, and great benefits.
Cons
Depending on the area you live, traffic can be quite difficult.
Been Here almost a year and its going great
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I was a little skeptical at first when i took this job, but mostly because I wasn't sure if I had the skills to be a decent sales agent. In my time I've seen a lot of people come and go but its not as hard as people make it seem. Most of the ones that go don't even make it a month so that probably had more to do with them than us. You just need to be able to make a connection with people (and of course, make the sale)
Pros
management is on your side, good compensation
Cons
lots of travel, phone calls, paperwork and that kind of thing...
Requires Patience
Sales (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work is busy with not a dull moment to spare. I have learned to accept the unexpected and learned that every claim is not the same. Each manager will handle situations differently. My co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of my job is adhering to the numbers that corporate wants us to meet, however, my most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with my customers and handling each case in it's own merit.
Pros
benefits and making a difference in people's lives.
Cons
micro management
I have been very successful here
Sales professional (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 11, 2015
So when I started out I was a little shaky with sales and being on the phone and such but my management team and coworkers have been really helpful in getting me started on the right path to success. Its not that hard once you get the hang of it, all it really is is just talking to people. Its been a great six months for me since I got started and I'm finally starting to see some of the bigger commissions that make this job really worth it.
Pros
good leadership and compensation
Cons
lots of repetitive work
Long hours for little pay
Insurance Sales Life /Health & Accident (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2012
The company has good advancement opportunities but wants you to give up your life for them.
This would be a good job for a person with no family or other responsibilities.
If you can meet thier required work schedule then the opportunity is great.
Pros
Cons
no benefits and little compensation.
Productive, goal driven team with positive atmosphere.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 5, 2015
I have grown and learner great amounts since I've started with Buffett. They offer an incredible value system, great benefits, field support, the things in life that really matter, the ability to work hard and play harder.
Pros
Great benefits, big incentives, friendly and helpful staff, and a great communication system.
Cons
The first year takes a great amount of dedication and devotion.
It's not the most glamourous job, but...
agent (Former Employee) –  DallasJanuary 14, 2015
Its a lot of work, but if you can be on point successful the pay is great. I think a lot of the negative reviews are from people who don't make it in sales either way (only about 1 of 3 new hires is successful in this business) but you just need to stick with it. Also there have been a lot of changes in management in the art year and that is a good thing. This can be a lucrative job if you just meet your goals.
Pros
great internal culture, welcoming environment
Cons
challenging, fast paced
Great opportunities here
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkJanuary 29, 2015
Im going to cut right to it, the best parts of this job are going to be the people you work with. Sometimes the task itself can be less than thrilling but like i said the relationships you make will determine whether you want to stay. Management is very kind and professional and they really give you the tools you need to insure your own personal growth and success with the company
Pros
good commissions and pay structure
Cons
Hold on to your wallet and get ready for unethical practices!
Sales Agent for over 13 years (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 18, 2016
Promise the moon. Leads are slim to none not 3-4 a day. The leads they deliver are bad leads and charge you $1000 for training and then would not refund when you didn't take the training due to ethics of the company.
Pros
The 300 mile drive for so called training. At your expense hotels and food.
Cons
Leads promised (not delivered), $1000 Rip off. Knocking on strangers door never mentioned in hiring process!
productive workplace, great people
Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TxApril 23, 2015
Working at BSH was a great experience for me professionally, and a good starting point for my professional career out of college.

The hours are pretty standard, and the pay/commission structure is very generous and rewarding.

Management and cultural environment are positive and encouraging
everything in its right place
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 6, 2015
The job description was not exactly the most exciting to think about when I got started years ago, but those years have gone by in a flash thanks to the success driven and inspiring environment in the office and the can-do attitude of my co workers. Like I said, everything seems to go in its right place and the company moves along like a well taken care of machine- a real classic. Working on mostly commissions can be a drag sometimes but also very rewarding others. This is a good place to grow professionally and gain worthwhile career experience, no matter what your long term aspirations may be.
Very professional, Best place I have worked since leaving school
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 5, 2015
I love the atmosphere, culture and management at BSH. The company shows their appreciation for their workers. From the experience with my management and co workers to making my commissions, this has been my best job experience by far!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffett Senior Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2