Build-A-Bear Workshop

Build-A-Bear Workshop Employer Reviews

BEAR LOVER
Bear Builder (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2014
AWSOME ENVIORMENT MAKING BEARS DRESSING BEARS AND MAKING EVERY PERSON LEAVE THE STORE WITH A SMILE.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 19, 2014
Build-A-Bear Workshop is a fun place to work. It's a great first job for those looking to get started. Great training for the job for new hires.
A day at the Workshop
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free pizza/snacks/cake (from parties), lots of culture (60% of guests are tourists), guest friendly environment
Cons: managers decide when you break each day, favoritism is sometimes a deciding factor with hours, breaks, promotion etc.
A typical day includes working different stations such as the stuffing machine, dress me area, the register once your are register trained, or name me ( where you make the birth certificates). What I love about build a bear is the quality guest service initiative. It is our job, to greet every single guest, ask them if they know the process, have they – more... been here before and to help them along the way. I truly love coming into work every day, putting smiles on kids faces (adults too) and even singing happy birthday. Oh, and the best part is, the 5th Ave flagship location throws birthday parties, and I enjoy being paid to party with the kids and make them feel special on their special day.

The hardest part of the job, is that sometimes the store can get messy, guests will allow their children to tear up the store, and you have to find a way to minimize the mess without making them feel uncomfortable. As far as co-workers, you never know what your going to get. The ones that truly love their job make it pleasant, the ones that don't, give you attitude, are fairly unprofessional and make it a drag especially if its a slow day. Management is great, they do actually care and are willing to work with you, with the exception of the one bad apple of the bunch who is on a power trip, and treats certain individuals poorly, talks down to them, and is very petty..

either way I love my job, and it also works with my school schedule. So if your bright, bubbly and a people person, come on in and apply, they are always accepting applications. – less
Amazing place to work that will bring a smile to everyone, everyday.
Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great fun, music, and happy people
Cons: stock room was not near the store and low staff
A typical day at work consisted of family's from all over the world coming in to create an experience they will never forget. I learned that adults can have fun too! Management was always on point and co-workers are very attentive. Hardest part of the job is keeping the store flowing without back ups in certain stations. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job was listening to stories and interacting with people who were making their bears. – less
Fun Workplace, excellent environment and people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Estero, FLJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be managing a group of 5-6 employees, assisting customers. I've learned how to do payroll, schedule employees. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people I work with and working with the guests.
Fun place to work, wonderful people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Collierville, TNJuly 18, 2014
At this job, I have had to interact with customers, making sure they find everything they want and keep them happy in a child-friendly environment. We value sales with smiles at Build-A-Bear, and try to brighten every individual customers day. Also at Build-A-Bear, we have to work the Point Of Sales system, lead and book parties, stock the store often, – more... do nightly clean up duties, operate the stuffing machine, and draw in customers. I believe one of the most important things is to provide the customers with outstanding service. Management is good and promotes a 'family' feeling within the store. The hardest part of working here is having to lead large parties and keep tons of kids together, happy, and entertained at once. I most enjoy helping returning guests and making both the children and adults happy. – less
An enjoyable place to work
SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2014
The warehouse ships to all of the stores in Canada and the US every week. It is a physically demanding job but is very satisfying. The management is very fair and reasonable. The hardest part of this job is the summer heat.
Productive, fun, and quick pace.
Day Bear Builder (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 4, 2014
Making sure the store looked sharp at all times, always greeting guests and asking if they would like to see certain items. My managers were always great and encouraging, my co-workers certainly made the job easier, and helped me learn the hardest part of the job which was stuff the bear evenly. My favorite part was seeing the kid's expression when – more... they got their bear. – less
Fortune's Greatest Places to Work
Director of Store Operations (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2014
6 years in a row! Good company, strong heart, store and corporate teams strive to be the "beary" best. Changing direction with new company leadership but outlook is good.
Making Best friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 28, 2014
Build-a-Bear workshop is an amazing place to work at. I love how there was so much energy every single day I would walk in. I consider them my family and always will.
Very fun and outgoing enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), 7700 east kellogg driveApril 28, 2014
I loved working with the kids and making sure they had a fun time
Play with a Purpose!
Management (Former Employee), USAApril 10, 2014
Ten years... WOW...Got to love children, play, and multitask.
Best job...
Good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, employee discount
Cons: insufficient hours
Working at Build-A-Bear workshop, I had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people and interact with people of all ages. I learned how to better communicate with young children and their families. The management team was always professional and very helpful. Hours were minimal due to the season, but it was very easy to balance school and – more... a family. The hardest part of the job was perfecting the special sewing technique. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a wide age range of people on a daily basis and the relationships I formed with the guests. – less
Loved it!
Associate Workshop Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 1, 2014
This was my first job and I loved it! Such a great, fun place to work! The managers there are the best!
Fun Job During College
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Victor, NYMarch 25, 2014
This was a great experience during college, as I worked first-hand with diverse groups of children.
Praises
Sale Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
This is where I used my interpersonal skills to communicate well with the customers. My retail skills to this job aren't great. But my personality gives the customer a means of communicating to not just another employee focused on the money (though my pay is regulated by the progression of the sales of the previous week), it made them feel as a means – more... of friendship. This makes them not only come once and as a reoccurring entry. Because though the sales are important in retail, treating the person as a person is key to promote sales – less
Fun job and work enviorment
Assistant Chief Workshop Manager/Day Maker (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced and easy to do.
Cons: management would pressure sales onto little kids through parents.
Ideas and creativity are always appreciated and encouraged.
It is a fun place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: having fun with the customers while working
Cons: short breaks
I have learned a lot at my job . it may have had their ups and down but over all it is a fun job. you meet great people and you learned from each other. like different ways of just saying hi or handling difficult situations.
Very fun place to work!
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Douglasville, GADecember 22, 2013
A typical day at work was very upbeat. we were pretty much always busy. making a child smile by stuffing their bear was what made the job worth while The management at Build A Bear was EXCELLENT! The downfall to the job was that the hours just aren't there.
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Billings, MTDecember 21, 2013
I learned a lot about how to handle customers of all ages from 6 months-66 years old or older. I enjoyed building bears for all the children and people and seeing them smile after receiving it. All the co-workers there are such nice people! They will do whatever they can to make a customer happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Build-A-Bear Workshop

You Are Not Born a Bear, You Become One Build-A-Bear Workshop® brings the teddy bear to life, by bringing love, hugs, and – Read more

Build-A-Bear Workshop Photos