Who are we?
Build It Green is a professional non-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient buildings in California. Supported by a solid foundation of outreach and education, Build It Green connects consumers and building professionals with tools and technical expertise to build quality green buildings. Build It Green fosters collaboration with key stakeholder groups to accelerate the adoption of green building practices, policies and programs. For more information, visit www.builditgreen.org.
Why Join Our Team?
Build It Green is a rapidly growing, multifaceted organization that provides an industrious and exciting work culture comprised of experts in the field of green energy and green building practices. Build It Green’s offices offer sweeping skyline views with loads of natural light and are conveniently located in downtown Oakland near the City Center with easy access to great eateries, 12th Street BART, major AC Transit bus lines and other great amenities. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; paid holidays and paid time off.
What is the Opportunity?
Build It Green is seeking a Project Associate to join our team!
The Quality Assurance (QA) Project Associate, under the direction of the Sr. Program Manager for Quality Assurance is responsible for providing quality assurance services as well as contractor engagement in support of energy efficiency program implementation activities.
The Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Project Associate are to:
Quality Assurance Project Management – 80%
- Perform computer-based QA activities and data entry for Energy Upgrade California.
- Assure high performance standards for timely scheduling, positive client relations, and QA rigor.
- Provide technical support to EUC contractors related to job submittal and incentive processing.
- Support administrative activities related to support of field verification scheduling, field personnel dispatch, tracking, and reporting.
- Ensure strict enforcement of program health and safety standards.
- Assist in the ongoing refinement and enhancement of the QA standards, installation specifications, and QA delivery systems.
- Assist in the ongoing refinement and enhancement of training curricula.
- Work with IT personnel on the development and maintenance of IT systems to support QA performance.
- Report to Sr. Program Manager for Quality Assurance on QA activities, issues identified by contractors, and any other issues or concerns about contractor job submissions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contractor Engagement – 20%
- Manages contractor inquiries and provides mentorship to contractors participating in AC Quality Care and/or Energy Upgrade California.
- Assist in trainings and workshops related to AC Quality Care and/or Energy Upgrade California.
- Provide onsite and webinar operations training to enrolled contractors.
- Report to Sr. Program Manager for Quality Assurance on account management activities, issues identified by contractors, and any other feedback collected in the field.
- Speak effectively before groups of contractors and industry stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to contractors and/or represent Build It Green to external audiences.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from an accredited college in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and a thorough knowledge of project management principles or related duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in residential construction industry, including experience leading to a sound understanding of sustainable building practices. Experience may be in construction, home performance contracting, or a related field, particularly as it relates to heating, cooling, lighting, weatherization, and other energy-efficiency related projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively as a part of a team.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- BPI Building Analyst Certification (preferred)
- Green Point Rated New Home and Multifamily (preferred)
- Green Point Rated Existing Home (preferred)
- Certified Green Building Professional (preferred)
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
E-mail your cover letter, resume and references to Jobs [at] BuildItGreen.org for consideration. Please type “Job Code – Project Associate – QA/CE” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by April 23, 2014.
Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.