BuildASign.com Employee Reviews in United States

Great culture for those who hate corporations
Customer Love Representative II - Inquiries (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2016
BuildASign.com has it's pains, but overall is a great place to work. They strive to keep employees engaged and entertained as well as provide perks. They're very customer oriented for the most part.
Pros
Taco Tuesday, scheduled Happy Hours, company celebrations every quarter
Cons
Disconnect between management and employees, upward mobility appears more as favoritism rather than skill, not such great IT/web development for a web-based business.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table. 40 hours every week.
Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at buildasign.com. It was a good working environment. My co-workers were very helpful and willing to provide great training.
Pros
Free Lunch, Full-time hours, Worked half the days out of the month
Cons
Night-Shift, Temporary Job
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Even though I was a seasonal hire for the company, my time spent there was most enjoyable. Everyone was very attentive when help was needed and they have the best customer service that could be offered to their customers.
One of the best places I've worked
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2015
Build A Sign has a unique company policy that really works, and it is that if the employees are happy they will work harder and better than if they are not, as a result free coffee thats high quality is provided everyday, there is free food everyday, whether thats catered meals, pizza, or the free PBJ sandwiches in the break room,ou'll always be fed.

There was also ing pong table in the break room, video games in the break room, radio playing music in the bathroom. There were raffles, prizes, and great on the job training, the work was work, but the other employees were all friendly, and easy to get a long with, and there was always someone to ask for help if you didn't understand something.

Truly, one of the best places I have ever worked, and if I was offered a job back there, I would say yes in a heartbeat. I worked there only for the Christmas season, on contract, but it was amazing.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The repetitive nature of any job
Great place to work. Fun smart people.
Customer Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2011
I've worked at BuildASign.com for 3 years and it's an excellent place to work, learn, and even have some fun. There are some extremely intelligent and motivated people working at Build A Sign and it's been a pleasure to be part of the team. Compensation and benefits are more than fair. Thursday company lunches, boat parties, company parties, ping pong tournaments are just some of the reasons why the culture here is outstanding. I would definitely recommend Build A Sign to a friend or family member as a great place to work.
Fun place to work. Motivated, brilliant people.
SEO Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2012
I've worked here over a year and I am a pretty big advocate. The people here make working everyday fun and enjoyable, they are also very smart and people you can definitely learn from. You will see yourself grow professionally and personally (as a ping pong player). Free thursday lunches, quarterly reviews, boat parties, holiday parties, and an all around great culture are just some of the great things about working at BuildASign.
Pros
free thursday lunches, several awesome company parties, cool people
Exciting workplace with a lot to learn and awesome people!
HR (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2012
BuildASign.com is an amazing place to work. It's a unique blend of manufacturing and high tech, which exposes people from all departments to different challenges and opportunities. It's fast-paced and fun (weekly company lunches, networking events, grill-outs, boat parties!). I truly enjoy my work here, I couldn't have asked for better coworkers, and am looking forward to being a part of BuildASign's future successes.
Pros
free weekly lunch, affordable healthcare, 401k matching, generous pto, boat party, grill-out, happy hours, holiday party, team builders
Innovative. Fun. Smart.
Department Manager - CEO Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 16, 2012
I've been with BuildASign for nearly a year now and it has been without a doubt the place I've ever worked. The employees are very intelligent, super passionate and creative, fun to be around, and constantly challenging the way I think. The company encourages innovation and calculated risk taking, and supports its employees in trying out new strategies.
Pros
free lunch once a week, great break-room food, tons of room for personal advancement, all top level directors are super accessible
Excellent facilities, A lot of latitude to fix customer's problems
Customer Love Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2013
A typical day includes 50-60 inbound call from customer with a mix of sales and service calls. This company gives you a lot more latitude to fix customers' problems. It's not often that I have to say "I'm sorry you feel that way."
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
reprint claims are a double edged sword, employee held responsible for errors, can be written up for as little as 1 error per week.
Fun, fast-paced environment
Lead Front-End Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2012
I have been working at BuildASign for about six months, and have really enjoyed my time here. It's a fun environment where motivated and intelligent people thrive. The company is growing very quickly, but still makes an effort to maintain the start-up vibe. Employment here offers many perks, including catered weekly lunch, generous PTO, and a good number of company-sponsored events to bond with your colleagues. The company is very proactive in fostering professional development in its employees, and sponsors many undertakings of this nature. Additionally, employees often have the opportunity to interface with director and executive level leadership to express concerns and questions.
Pros
benfits, pto, catered lunch
BuildASign? More like, BuildACareer!
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2012
I've worked at BuildASign for almost a year and a half now and love it. What makes the company so great is it's culture. BuildASign is full of great talent who're goal oriented and hard working. It's the perfect place to start or grow your career. The collaborative environment allows anyone the opportunity to make a major impact in the company and it's direction. So what else does BuildASign offer besides a fast track to your career? How about company parties every quarter, team builders every month, free lunch every week, and a fun work environment every day. Not to mention fair compensation, 401k plan with employee match, and Medical/Dental/Life/LTD/Vision insurances. BuildASign is a great place to work and I'd recommend it to anyone!
One of Austin's best startups
Online Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2012
BuildASign is a great example of a growing Austin startup. Working here is challenging, yet extremely rewarding. The management team really values company culture and keeping employees happy. It's a great work environment where employees are respected and rewarded according to their accomplishments.
Pros
casual work environment, free lunches, company activities, 401k
Fast growing eCommerce company who values its employees and customers
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2012
BuildASign.com has grown exponentially over the past year and has plans to continue this growth the next few years. The company takes pride in hiring the best employees for the position who match the Vision & Values Statement of the leaders, and encourages employees to grow professionally. BuildASign.com is devoted to its customers and has a dedicated Customer Love team. I'm excited to work at BuildASign.com and have a direct impact on its growth in new markets and new products. If you're looking to be busy with lots of meaningful work to do, then BuildASign.com will be a great choice.
Pros
senior management is open to new ideas, casual work environment, clear direction for the future
Cons
less office amenities than other tech companies
Fast growing with endless opportunity!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  AustinFebruary 16, 2012
I have been working at BuildASign.com for almost 2 years, and my time there has been nothing short than enjoyable. This fast growing company give you many opportunities to bring it to the table every day. Although the company is now over 200 employees, there is still a very start up feel to it.

They are very competitive with their pay, and bonus structure. The benefits are 90% covered by the company, and they are more than fair when it comes to taking personal time off. They throw company events about every 6 weeks, and they are always fun. They provide company lunch every Thursday!

I would recommend this company to anyone who likes working in a team environment, and is willing to put their work out in the open.
Pros
culture, thursday lunch, new offices, collaborative enviroment, opportunity
Great Company
I work here (Current Employee) –  Job LocationFebruary 22, 2012
Pros
catered lunch
Cons
n/a
Don't be fooled worst job ever (production team member)
production team (Former Employee) –  ManufacturingApril 30, 2012
I left a good job to start working at buildasign. I was impressed by all the great reviews, and the fact that it is recognized as one of Austins best places to work. I excepted their temp to hire position I know I'm a good worker so it was worth the risk, come to find out that this place is a sweat shop, work, work, work, faster, faster, faster. Management for the most part is very cold and unapproachable most of the employees and i mean dedicated employees the kind with a family to support are miserable and have been stuck in their same positions year after year no raises no promotions. Buildasign has an entire team dedicated to making you believe this is a great place to work don't believe the lies if you must find out for yourself please put in your two weeks notice so you can get your old job back.
Pros
12hr
Cons
evil
Great Experience to see the skills around me
Temp (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxFebruary 17, 2014
I was not at this job for very long, they were just doing a contract job for me to help crunch the numbers on their e-mails. I did see however what they did and building logos and managing print orders and that is exactly what I have always wanted to do. I wish it lasted longer.
Pros
great location, good people, good break room
Awesome Austin Company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2012
BuildASign has been an awesome place to work. We are always pursuing a lot of interesting projects, and employees are encouraged to take on as much responsibility as they can handle. Culture is great, and it's a fun place to work.
Pros
great culture, fun people, work environment
Cons
start-up vibe (if you're seeking big corporate, you won't find it)
Fun people and interesting work
Strategy / Business Development (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxFebruary 17, 2012
Working at BuildASign is very rewarding. You have the freedom to take on innovative projects and support from managers to take calculated risks. The company is growing very quickly and it's been fun to be a part of the ride.
Pros
weekly lunches, snacks, fun culture, innovative environment
Couldn't Imagine Working Anywhere Else
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2012
I've been with BuildASign.com for over a year and a half - and honestly couldn't imagine working anywhere else. The leadership team is amazing and the company culture harnesses innovation and creativity. I enjoy the people I work with and the work that I do. Love it!
Pros
culture, benefits, talent of team

4.5