BuildASign.com Employee Reviews

Terrific Organization
Head of Special Initiatives - Independent Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
An awesome work environment that lends itself to creativity and career growth. The organization has very strong business model with even stronger senior leadership.
team lead
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2017
truly a great company, employees are very close . there is plenty room to be moved up with in the company and they make you feel like you are important to the company
Pros
free lunches
Good people
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2016
Unable to advance and find new opportunities within the company. I learned a great deal about printing and the machines I operated. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physically demanding and were given little break. Co workers were mostly great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
little to no breaks, long shifts
There's a mass exodus from BuildASign
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2016
The turnover rate at this company is absolutely ridiculous. People are either getting laid off like crazy or seeing the red flags and getting out while they can. They have had 4 directors of HR in under 3 years-- it's insane! Employees are underpaid, under-appreciated, and over-worked. It is really quite a shame because BuildASign recruits some of the most qualified, hard-working dedicated employees I have ever seen. One of the biggest pros of the job is the people you work with and company events, but ultimately people are unhappy in their positions.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, Good company culture, free lunches, free breakfast tacos, lots of parties
Cons
High turnover rate, lots of layoffs, underpaid and underappreciated employees, upper management favoritism
Great culture for those who hate corporations
Customer Love Representative II - Inquiries (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2016
BuildASign.com has it's pains, but overall is a great place to work. They strive to keep employees engaged and entertained as well as provide perks. They're very customer oriented for the most part.
Pros
Taco Tuesday, scheduled Happy Hours, company celebrations every quarter
Cons
Disconnect between management and employees, upward mobility appears more as favoritism rather than skill, not such great IT/web development for a web-based business.
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Even though I was a seasonal hire for the company, my time spent there was most enjoyable. Everyone was very attentive when help was needed and they have the best customer service that could be offered to their customers.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table. 40 hours every week.
Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at buildasign.com. It was a good working environment. My co-workers were very helpful and willing to provide great training.
Pros
Free Lunch, Full-time hours, Worked half the days out of the month
Cons
Night-Shift, Temporary Job
One of the best places I've worked
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2015
Build A Sign has a unique company policy that really works, and it is that if the employees are happy they will work harder and better than if they are not, as a result free coffee thats high quality is provided everyday, there is free food everyday, whether thats catered meals, pizza, or the free PBJ sandwiches in the break room,ou'll always be fed.

There was also ing pong table in the break room, video games in the break room, radio playing music in the bathroom. There were raffles, prizes, and great on the job training, the work was work, but the other employees were all friendly, and easy to get a long with, and there was always someone to ask for help if you didn't understand something.

Truly, one of the best places I have ever worked, and if I was offered a job back there, I would say yes in a heartbeat. I worked there only for the Christmas season, on contract, but it was amazing.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The repetitive nature of any job
Fun Place
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Austin texasOctober 30, 2014
Co-workers are great to work with. Company has paid lunches every other week.
Great Experience to see the skills around me
Temp (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxFebruary 17, 2014
I was not at this job for very long, they were just doing a contract job for me to help crunch the numbers on their e-mails. I did see however what they did and building logos and managing print orders and that is exactly what I have always wanted to do. I wish it lasted longer.
Pros
Great location, good people, good break room

Want to know more about BuildASign.com?

Ask a question
unprofession
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2014
People in lead are friends with workers and it just creates drama.To much buddy buddy going on.
Pros
free lunch on wednesday
Cons
unprofession
good place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Even though this was a very nice place to work I believe there was alot of over looking of good candidates for lead positions and management positions especially when it came to females. There is very few females in these positions
Pros
one lunch every week free
Cons
pay and female advancement
Excellent facilities, A lot of latitude to fix customer's problems
Customer Love Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2013
A typical day includes 50-60 inbound call from customer with a mix of sales and service calls. This company gives you a lot more latitude to fix customers' problems. It's not often that I have to say "I'm sorry you feel that way."
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
reprint claims are a double edged sword, employee held responsible for errors, can be written up for as little as 1 error per week.
One of the fastest growing companies in Austin
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2012
This is a great company for the right person. The business takes care of their employees, from offering benefits to weekly lunch catered. They also reward their employees by treating them to paid events outside of work, such as Christmas parties and summer boat parties. The position I worked involved 12 hour days standing with a 30 min break. Fast paced, goal driven output of signage ensuring the meeting of all deadlines.
The front of the house (Business development, HR, CSR, etc.) and the back of the house (Production) and their respective atmospheres were very different. The FOH was encouraged to take breaks and play ping pong or relax, whereas the production had no time for anything except output and deadlines, resulting in unneeded tension within the company.
Pros
paid lunches one a week, full benefits, younger company
Cons
heavy micromanagement, inequality within company employee structure.
Don't be fooled worst job ever (production team member)
production team (Former Employee) –  ManufacturingApril 30, 2012
I left a good job to start working at buildasign. I was impressed by all the great reviews, and the fact that it is recognized as one of Austins best places to work. I excepted their temp to hire position I know I'm a good worker so it was worth the risk, come to find out that this place is a sweat shop, work, work, work, faster, faster, faster. Management for the most part is very cold and unapproachable most of the employees and i mean dedicated employees the kind with a family to support are miserable and have been stuck in their same positions year after year no raises no promotions. Buildasign has an entire team dedicated to making you believe this is a great place to work don't believe the lies if you must find out for yourself please put in your two weeks notice so you can get your old job back.
Pros
12hr
Cons
evil
Great Company
I work here (Current Employee) –  Job LocationFebruary 22, 2012
I have been working at BuildASign for about six months, and have really enjoyed my time here. It's a fun environment where motivated and intelligent people thrive. The company is growing very quickly, but still makes an effort to maintain the start-up vibe. Employment here offers many perks, including catered weekly lunch, generous PTO, and a good number
Pros
catered lunch
Cons
n/a
One of Austin's best startups
Online Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2012
BuildASign is a great example of a growing Austin startup. Working here is challenging, yet extremely rewarding. The management team really values company culture and keeping employees happy. It's a great work environment where employees are respected and rewarded according to their accomplishments.
Pros
casual work environment, free lunches, company activities, 401k
Fun people and interesting work
Strategy / Business Development (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxFebruary 17, 2012
Working at BuildASign is very rewarding. You have the freedom to take on innovative projects and support from managers to take calculated risks. The company is growing very quickly and it's been fun to be a part of the ride.
Pros
weekly lunches, snacks, fun culture, innovative environment
Awesome Austin Company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2012
BuildASign has been an awesome place to work. We are always pursuing a lot of interesting projects, and employees are encouraged to take on as much responsibility as they can handle. Culture is great, and it's a fun place to work.
Pros
great culture, fun people, work environment
Cons
start-up vibe (if you're seeking big corporate, you won't find it)
Innovative. Fun. Smart.
Department Manager - CEO Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 16, 2012
I've been with BuildASign for nearly a year now and it has been without a doubt the place I've ever worked. The employees are very intelligent, super passionate and creative, fun to be around, and constantly challenging the way I think. The company encourages innovation and calculated risk taking, and supports its employees in trying out new strategies.
Pros
free lunch once a week, great break-room food, tons of room for personal advancement, all top level directors are super accessible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BuildASign.com. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3