Builders FirstSource Employee Reviews

ok
Builder (Former Employee) –  West Richland, WANovember 17, 2017
it was good while I was there. Quick paced and sometimes long hours. I wouldnt mind recommending it to a friend who needs a job. it was okay while it lasted
Just very fast paced and management does nooottthhhiinngg...
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 15, 2017
Very disrespectfull people working there. Not a racist but i am white and speak english but nobody else there does. And absolutely no chances of moving up because i was told i would be on the begginer possition for up to 2 years!!
good job
truss assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkwood, VANovember 6, 2017
the job in itself was very fast-paced. It was very easy to settle into a rhythm of working with other people who want to have a safe work environment.you have multiple opportunities to excel in the company .
Pros
good management
Cons
high risk of back pain
Yard Foreman (Current Employee) –  Verona, VANovember 3, 2017
I like the job just can’t advance. Lots of hours, hard work. Pretty laid back, will help you get cdl license. Lots of heavy lifting. Great benefits. Lots of safety
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard to advance
good honest days work
Sawyer/ Builder/ Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 3, 2017
good job to have long as they have the hrs available. Group work also half days go home early days. Hrs vary form time of season they try to keep it at 40 a week but hrs can drop.
Pros
good days work
Cons
can be hard for some
very fast paced agenda to complete job assignments
Deployment Systems Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2017
fast paced agenda to complete project assignments with no definitive expectations for the future after completion. Advancement opportunities were few and far
good company lots of open opportunies
Material Handler/Driver Helper II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2017
i enjoyed my stay at builders had to find something closer to home but had alot of success working with this company and made decent mount of money and got the hours most dont want
Pros
overtime hours
Spherion Temp (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 25, 2017
Builders was a great experience, I was able to get my hands dirty and learn a lot about how to properly and safely use power tools and also about team work in the work field.
I liked working there it was a grate job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 23, 2017
It was a grate job never stoped moving pay was good hours where long but worth the money if i could i go back i would i worked nights and they seem to go by fast
Pros
Its a job it has it pros and cons but its a grate job
Cons
Its a job it has it pros and cons but its a grate job
My Job with Builders Firstsource
Administrative/Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 22, 2017
Constant email and phone request for credit issues. I get about 50 to 60 mails a day. There are so many task that have to get done. I love to be challenged and enjoy the sense of pride when you get so many things accomplished in a day. The hardest part of my job are the interruptions, it's not a job with schedule, I can have some many things going on at once it's get overwhelming and stressful, that's the hardest part. I work with a great bunch of co-workers and it's so enjoyable when everyone gets along and we all help each other out. I feel like I learn new things every day about the job about people about customers. I always treat co-works with respect, when your in HR mode their are my customers.
Pros
Bless with many years in this company, great benefits and great people to work with.
Cons
long hours and getting overwhelmed
Safety
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCOctober 22, 2017
There is a lack of safety support in the work pace at all levels from the lowest level employee to on site management. Changing the culture in safety is very difficult when you are not given the support needed to ensure the safety of the employees.
Hard work, thinking on your feet, fast paced.
Load Builder (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 14, 2017
My typical day at work is pretty consistent. I go back and forth between building loads of lumber, loading trucks, unloading trucks and helping customers in the yard.
Very fast paced
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 12, 2017
Had to be on the go and get machines up and running quickly. Most employee were very nice and just did their jobs. Hardest part of the job was finishing what you start not enough time in a day .
Pros
employee very nice
Cons
not enough hours in a day to finish what you started
good job
Glass Puller/Washer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
Great management. A typical day at work was working and keeping the flow moving. Loved my team. Great guys. Had to move out of the state though. Great place to work.
Little fish ate the big fish
IT Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2017
Started out as Probuild and was bought out by Builders First Source. The culture under Probuild was transparent, however when the conversion process started no one knew what direction the company was taking. Meetings on top of meetings and loyal employees started leaving due to changes in ERP system going from Oracle to caveman times using a Data base system created in house by someone who has upper management by the balls since hes the product owner. Not good business accumen for a company of this size.
Cons
When going backwards in Systems, ERP's etc. it stagnates the organization from being innovative and competitive, made changes to business processes and rules without consulting SME's, changed job titles without integrity moving employees from floor to floor and back again, totally shows unorganization from the top!
It was a good experience for myself.
Table assembler (Former Employee) –  Freeport, FLOctober 5, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The only reason I left was because me and my family moved to Pensacola Florida. I really like working at a tempo pace atmosphere. I never experienced anything like building trusses before. I am use to working with hammers and tape measures. It was fun to work with others and I had help whenever I wasn't sure of what to do.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Really was hard getting anything done cause of the hours.
terrible place to work does not pay much and expect you to kill yourself
construction worker (Former Employee) –  North East, MDOctober 1, 2017
its enjoyable work but its not worth the money , no career advancement . no raises , just an all out dump be prepared to work for 5 years and get a one dallar raise
Pros
nothing
Cons
not weather controlled . dont provide drinks other than warm water
Poor Management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLSeptember 22, 2017
This company provides good benefits and plenty of work when managed correctly ,however poor management and panning often lead to work/life conflicts.
Examples include being told on Tuesday that there would be no work Friday so enjoy your weekend , however Thursday night before work was over immediate change in plans and all who showed any kind of contrary emotional response were targeted with various forms of obvious bottom of the barrel task.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Poor Management
Temp job but learned alot and had fun!
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCSeptember 21, 2017
I worked in department of all men which was interesting. On Fridays they would crank of the music and sing, and someone was always making a joke. The job wasn't too difficult on the scheduling side but I wasn't fond of the computer system or learning to be the back-up assistant for another employee that was difficult to work with. The co-workers were very friendly and great to work with.
Pros
Full-time, Fun environment
Cons
6 month position, no benefits through staffing agency
Productive and very fun place to work
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCSeptember 21, 2017
all the employees are very nice. Comfortable atmosphere. Very laid back workplace. Doesn't seem to be micro managed as some businesses can be very overwhelming with their control on employees. would love to stay but made the tough decision to go back home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Builders FirstSource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8