Builders FirstSource Employee Reviews

Under Estimated
Installation Manager, Service Manager, (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 4, 2017
Its hard to take a huge well established company from the top to the bottom in a short time by trying to be better. Meaning, new upper management didn't understand the company that was purchased for them to run. I'm all about changing for the better, but its hard to follow a leader if they shut out everyone with a voice.
Pros
time off and laughter
Cons
management not understading the process
Design Tech III (Current Employee) –  Cibolo, TXDecember 2, 2017
The job used to be fun until the new management took over and it seems they are not about customer relations. They feel the customer should be grateful for them suppling there product to them.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Costly healthcare benefits
Great place to work.
worker (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCNovember 28, 2017
If you like construction you would like to work here, the employees were always so nice, and funny to be around and the boss was pretty great too. So long as you showed up, did your job and did it efficiently there was never anything to worry about. It was a great place to work, and I met two of my closest friends from there.
good place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2017
a typical day of work is really easy.
the day pass quickly and if you delivery all the windows you can asked for still work on wharehouse. They paid really good CDL drivers.
Worlplace culture is so excentric, and helpers, someones are lazy.
Pros
everthing
Cons
no to muchhours, lees than 60
Chaotic, Stressful
Dispatch Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 21, 2017
Verify Drivers ETA back to shop, Check GPS to ensure they have followed route. Scheduling Deliveries for future drops, routing the day run delivered_second run of the day, inspecting trucks, scheduling needed maintenance. Contacting Customer to follow up on deliveries. Controlled Chaos Management. Hardest part of the job was never knowing where you stood each hour of each day. Management let personal feelings influence decisions, if they didn't like a personality although that person worked hard and did a good job. They would let them go or make them miserable until they left.
The best thing was the Customers and The Vendors...as well as dealing with associates from other locations.
Pros
Always busy, Active.
Cons
that locations Management
Don't go
Stacker / Picker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 19, 2017
Just don't. Never know when you are going home, and management doesn't know whats going on. Very poor communication. Under appreciated. Underpaid. Sad.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
everything else
ok
Builder (Former Employee) –  West Richland, WANovember 17, 2017
it was good while I was there. Quick paced and sometimes long hours. I wouldnt mind recommending it to a friend who needs a job. it was okay while it lasted
Just very fast paced and management does nooottthhhiinngg...
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 15, 2017
Very disrespectfull people working there. Not a racist but i am white and speak english but nobody else there does. And absolutely no chances of moving up because i was told i would be on the begginer possition for up to 2 years!!
good job
truss assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkwood, VANovember 6, 2017
the job in itself was very fast-paced. It was very easy to settle into a rhythm of working with other people who want to have a safe work environment.you have multiple opportunities to excel in the company .
Pros
good management
Cons
high risk of back pain
Amazing company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GANovember 4, 2017
Builder's 1st Source is an absolute amazing company to work for. They have many positions to apply for an opportunities to grow within the company. Amazing benefits. Hours an great pay. I have nothing bad to say about them.
Yard Foreman (Current Employee) –  Verona, VANovember 3, 2017
I like the job just can’t advance. Lots of hours, hard work. Pretty laid back, will help you get cdl license. Lots of heavy lifting. Great benefits. Lots of safety
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard to advance
good honest days work
Sawyer/ Builder/ Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 3, 2017
good job to have long as they have the hrs available. Group work also half days go home early days. Hrs vary form time of season they try to keep it at 40 a week but hrs can drop.
Pros
good days work
Cons
can be hard for some
very fast paced agenda to complete job assignments
Deployment Systems Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2017
fast paced agenda to complete project assignments with no definitive expectations for the future after completion. Advancement opportunities were few and far
good company lots of open opportunies
Material Handler/Driver Helper II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2017
i enjoyed my stay at builders had to find something closer to home but had alot of success working with this company and made decent mount of money and got the hours most dont want
Pros
overtime hours
Spherion Temp (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 25, 2017
Builders was a great experience, I was able to get my hands dirty and learn a lot about how to properly and safely use power tools and also about team work in the work field.
I liked working there it was a grate job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 23, 2017
It was a grate job never stoped moving pay was good hours where long but worth the money if i could i go back i would i worked nights and they seem to go by fast
Pros
Its a job it has it pros and cons but its a grate job
Cons
Its a job it has it pros and cons but its a grate job
My Job with Builders Firstsource
Administrative/Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 22, 2017
Constant email and phone request for credit issues. I get about 50 to 60 mails a day. There are so many task that have to get done. I love to be challenged and enjoy the sense of pride when you get so many things accomplished in a day. The hardest part of my job are the interruptions, it's not a job with schedule, I can have some many things going on at once it's get overwhelming and stressful, that's the hardest part. I work with a great bunch of co-workers and it's so enjoyable when everyone gets along and we all help each other out. I feel like I learn new things every day about the job about people about customers. I always treat co-works with respect, when your in HR mode their are my customers.
Pros
Bless with many years in this company, great benefits and great people to work with.
Cons
long hours and getting overwhelmed
Safety
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCOctober 22, 2017
There is a lack of safety support in the work pace at all levels from the lowest level employee to on site management. Changing the culture in safety is very difficult when you are not given the support needed to ensure the safety of the employees.
Hard work, thinking on your feet, fast paced.
Load Builder (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 14, 2017
My typical day at work is pretty consistent. I go back and forth between building loads of lumber, loading trucks, unloading trucks and helping customers in the yard.
Very fast paced
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 12, 2017
Had to be on the go and get machines up and running quickly. Most employee were very nice and just did their jobs. Hardest part of the job was finishing what you start not enough time in a day .
Pros
employee very nice
Cons
not enough hours in a day to finish what you started

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Builders FirstSource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8