Building Services Employee Reviews

Laid off
Administrative Assistant/ Transportation (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHSeptember 21, 2017
Laid off after 23yrs. I loved working with the clients/ staff. My most current manager was great. It was the company's new CEO and CFO that are the issues.
Depending on which dept. you are working in communication is an issue.
Great team environment
Office Manager & Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Working for a hospital could be challenging I loved working this position and would have remained if I stayed in New York. Working in a hospital was different from the corporate culture but fulfilling at the same time.
Friendly Staff
cleaning student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2017
It was a great learning experience. The students were fun to talk to they even taught me some tricks to drawing. I liked it a lot I miss chating an learning from the kids I had the chance ill do it again.
Pros
long days
Cons
better pay
Learning experience
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2017
I gained knowledge and work experience in my 34 years. Management was helpful and coworkers were professional. Cleaning of High Voltage equipment. Working with the people and providing service was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Quality Company
Operations Manager/Project Manager, RME (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
Overall, an excellent place to work. Well run, customer service focused with a "Can do & will do" attitude. Operations are smooth and job completion is timely. Excellent internal organization with policies and procedures that make for a good work environment.
Pros
Great work place
Productive and Quality service
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 14, 2017
Quick quality service that did multiple units. Gave me years of experience in cleaning. Also worked with people which helped my social skills. Great experience overall.
Yearly company events
Workee (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 7, 2017
Small company, tries hard to do well for their employees. Hard working place, strives for perfection. Great place to work if you enjoy working with your hands and have freedom of not having someone breathing down your back.
Good Manual Labor Job
Windsor Northwest Supervisory Union (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VTMay 8, 2017
Very good job. Many things to do every night, never a quiet moment. Coworkers very good, very cooperative. Building staff is friendly and is always up for a good chat
Building Services
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 10, 2017
Cleaning Offices
Organizing Events throughout the Arena
Providing Maintenance throughout building
Hardest part of job: Lifting heavy Objects across the building
Most Enjoyable: Working with individuals that i love and care for and the experience.
Pros
Meeting People and Great Boss
Cons
Cleaning restrooms
Fun place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 31, 2017
This was a part of Chase Bank a (different dept) I worked in.
Great staff and met lots of different people.
Managers were very nice and it was a busy place.
Unorganized organization
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Workers were very rude and he employers did not care for their employees as they should have. There was no respect within the employees.
Pros
Early mornings
Cons
2 Breaks within a 8 hours shift
Overall a good place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 2, 2017
Overall the company is not a bad company to work for. I worked the over night shift so, I didn't get a chance to communicate with other staff. The few managers, Administrative Assistant's I did meet was nice.

I will recommend to someone to work there. The school is usually busy with students walking around doing the day. All students that are in the activity center playing pool, video games and ping pond seem to be having fun.

I made sure me and my staff kept the school clean for faculty, staff and students. The school did a good job keeping us informed with everything that is going on around the school.

A typical night at work was, to have my staff prepare carts get supplies, and start servicing their areas. I would usually start rounding all areas. I will then go back to my office and submit work orders for the electrician, mechanic, plumber etc. Once all work orders are submitted I will go back out to see how far my staff got along with their cleaning.

I learned that having such a large staff, and making sure we all can come together as a team was a fun and challenging job. The hardest part of the job if I had to pick one, would be working the over night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing when customers didn't complain about the cleaning in their area, I know then that we did a good job. Also the enjoyable management whenever I got the chance.
Pros
Employees
City of Lake St,Louis
Building Services (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MODecember 13, 2016
The city is a great place to work for. I really enjoyed my time there, I worked as a building services so I was on my own for the most part of my day cleaning.,
Pros
I was off work by 1030am everyday.
Benefit enrollments parties corporations
Audits Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
Enrolled new corporate members via eft or payroll deductions during open enrollments. Updated new billing for current members, approached new corporations to provide memberships.
Pros
promoted health benefits to large corporations
Cons
corporate sales enrollment turn round time
The work is honorable but this company went under.
Uniformed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 9, 2015
Working with this company allowed me to practice skills gained from past jobs and training.

My security post at the parking lots was needed very much and I enjoyed being there for the customers safety. Many customers often gave feedback and this was a great way to measure my success.

Even though I had long hours of walking and standing in the parking lot in extreme cold and rainy weather, the job was not difficult.

To give my umbrella to a two year old child, in freezing rain, was the most enjoyable part of my job. Keeping women and children safe and comfortable was my main work and was enjoyed very much.

The most difficult part of my job came to me when I took my post at the Smith's Food and Drug parking lots, knowing my company stopped paying us. We guards continued on our post, out of our concern for the customer safety.
Pros
The company has a good brand.
Cons
Our payroll checks bounced. This company owes me 2, 500.00.
grease trap backed up
Basic housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2015
At Normstrom I had a regular routine we did when we came in staring with ; Daily Prevention maintenance on equipment water heater, ac units, and steam machine. That day the grease trap backed up i was the only guy on duty and the store was packed with customer . The grease had started flooding the back storage room and starting coming out to he sale floor. I gather some chemical, mops, and tore cloth to clean up as much as possible, meanwhile i also had to call a plumber to unclog the grease trap. Three hours of cleaning up grease off of the floor i had the storage room clean and the plumber to fix the problem.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
Hard to move up in that position
Ok job for short time
Technician/ Floor Tech (Floor Technician) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga CaNovember 7, 2014
Bad Management, things could be a lot better with closer interaction with employees.
Cleaner
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH PASeptember 24, 2014
I cleaned offices to earn money while going to college. Not a career I wanted long term
Nice company to work with
Supervisor Retirement Services (Former Employee) –  new york, nyAugust 19, 2014
Benefits package is phenomenal. There is plenty to learn. It is a very large busy Fund Office.
Pros
Lots of time off
A Day Working At Houston Methodist Hospital
Im at Housekeeper at Houston Methodist Hospital (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2014
A typical day at work starts off very busy, cleaning right away or either helping patients, or guests. Im either giving out directions for someone or helping another team member in a project.
Pros
great cafeteria food!
Cons
Short breaks