Building Services Employee Reviews

Unorganized organization
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Workers were very rude and he employers did not care for their employees as they should have. There was no respect within the employees.
Pros
Early mornings
Cons
2 Breaks within a 8 hours shift
City of Lake St,Louis
Building Services (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MODecember 13, 2016
The city is a great place to work for. I really enjoyed my time there, I worked as a building services so I was on my own for the most part of my day cleaning.,
Pros
I was off work by 1030am everyday.
Benefit enrollments parties corporations
Audits Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
Enrolled new corporate members via eft or payroll deductions during open enrollments. Updated new billing for current members, approached new corporations to provide memberships.
Pros
promoted health benefits to large corporations
Cons
corporate sales enrollment turn round time
The work is honorable but this company went under.
Uniformed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 9, 2015
Working with this company allowed me to practice skills gained from past jobs and training.

My security post at the parking lots was needed very much and I enjoyed being there for the customers safety. Many customers often gave feedback and this was a great way to measure my success.

Even though I had long hours of walking and standing in the parking lot in extreme cold and rainy weather, the job was not difficult.

To give my umbrella to a two year old child, in freezing rain, was the most enjoyable part of my job. Keeping women and children safe and comfortable was my main work and was enjoyed very much.

The most difficult part of my job came to me when I took my post at the Smith's Food and Drug parking lots, knowing my company stopped paying us. We guards continued on our post, out of our concern for the customer safety.
Pros
The company has a good brand.
Cons
Our payroll checks bounced. This company owes me 2, 500.00.
grease trap backed up
Basic housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2015
At Normstrom I had a regular routine we did when we came in staring with ; Daily Prevention maintenance on equipment water heater, ac units, and steam machine. That day the grease trap backed up i was the only guy on duty and the store was packed with customer . The grease had started flooding the back storage room and starting coming out to he sale floor. I gather some chemical, mops, and tore cloth to clean up as much as possible, meanwhile i also had to call a plumber to unclog the grease trap. Three hours of cleaning up grease off of the floor i had the storage room clean and the plumber to fix the problem.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
Hard to move up in that position
Ok job for short time
Technician/ Floor Tech (Floor Technician) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga CaNovember 7, 2014
Bad Management, things could be a lot better with closer interaction with employees.
Cleaner
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH PASeptember 24, 2014
I cleaned offices to earn money while going to college. Not a career I wanted long term
Nice company to work with
Supervisor Retirement Services (Former Employee) –  new york, nyAugust 19, 2014
Benefits package is phenomenal. There is plenty to learn. It is a very large busy Fund Office.
Pros
Lots of time off
A Day Working At Houston Methodist Hospital
Im at Housekeeper at Houston Methodist Hospital (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2014
A typical day at work starts off very busy, cleaning right away or either helping patients, or guests. Im either giving out directions for someone or helping another team member in a project.
Pros
great cafeteria food!
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to learn leadership skills
Crew Chief VII (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 5, 2014
I oversee four buildings and a crew of 12 custodians. I learned valuable leadership skills in their "EAGLE" leadership program as I had no prior experience. Management is hit and miss. There are good supervisors and bad supervisors. I've been pretty lucky with the ones that I've had. Being a crew chief is like being an adult babysitter at times but the crew I have now is good.
Pros
Job security. Support from supervisors. Freedom to run crew and plan floor work as I see fit.
Cons
Low pay and benefits get worse every year. Decreasing staff and increasing areas.
Post is o.k. management needs work
security guard (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2014
management told me they would find me a post to accommodate my disability now they tell me they cannot. My supervisor is young and immature
Pros
currently working a good post
Cons
on my feet all day and have alot of pain
Great job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 22, 2014
Thario is a great company to work for if you are able to work without direct supervision. Stress free and relaxing atmosphere because it is quiet in the offices that you clean
Productive and fun place
Plan Equitment Operator (Current Employee) –  Silver SpringDecember 6, 2013
I'm responsoble to opening the building, make sure the building is ready to be used. I check my e-mails fromt teachers and follow up they request.I'm able to change ballast, buffing, clean any king of request about student accident happen. Enjoy work as a team work with your co-worker and learnig for each others.The hardest part of the job is when you don't make your plant before your day started it.
Pros
Cons
45 min.
Cool supervisor's.
Enviornmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2013
The projects i had to do where stripping and waxing the floor, buffing, and cleaning patient rooms. i was mainly a floor care special projects employee.
Pros
A lot of times you work alone.
Cons
A lot of favortism.
excellent
Principal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Ran the NYT production plan building maintenance was an excellent experience
busy
DIRECTOR OF HOUSEKEEPING & LAUNDRY SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Long Island New YorkApril 26, 2013
Up and moving the whole day. Fun Place at times. There are no typical days. They are always different which is challenging but that is a good thing.
I worked at Methodist Hospital for Aramark, I was happy in the workplace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2012
I like working with the doctors,nurses and helping the patients on a daily bases. I love my staff and working with my co-workers as well. the hardest part was knowing someone had lost their life. Knowing what I was doing was helping a lot of poeple!
Pros
geart work environment.
Cons
controled chaos
Cool job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte,NcAugust 21, 2012
Itwas a stdent temporary wagejob, it paid the bills. It was cleanin job that I would have to clean every day.
Good company
Apt. makeover tech. (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 18, 2012
Good company, weak benefits. High insurance costs. Good people to work with. Slow upward mobility. Support could be better.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
high insurance costs.
Interesting job travelling to and from different locations through out the city
truck crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2011