buildOn Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Friendly but stressful
Trek Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2017
The team at buildOn is a great team, really motivated individuals who want to promote positive change. The difficult part of the organization are abrupt changes in structure and significant workloads being dumped on individuals.
volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2017
this was a very good learning experience plus it opened up the world to me because build on was a service we gave back to communities across the city of Chicago
Pros
meet new people
Cons
Very active and enjoyable staff members.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 7, 2017
buildOn is where everyone can come and be who they are. Everyone accepts everyone for who they are. buildOn is where I actually feel like I'm actually helping my very needy community. My buildOn coordinator does her best to help her students and we can always count on her for anything. I enjoy all of our weekly programs including our program meetings.
Pros
Lunch and snacks is always provided
Cons
This program would no longer be available in my school anymore.
Love it!
Service Learning Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Love it! Great people, amazing mission and amazing work. If you love working in oublic education and travelling overseas this is for you! Just be open minded
Amazing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 15, 2017
This was a volunteer program in which we did service every Saturday. I really loved it because I met many people from all over the state. This program really opened my eyes and created a space where I was able to enjoy helping people. Through soup kitchens and volunteering at nursing homes I loved it all.
Productive and fun workplace to be in with the students
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 1, 2017
Build On gave me an opportunity to become more social when it came to interacting with students. I gained a lot of community service hours and visited different places and helped a lot of people. The hardest part of the job was working in the sun and taking field trips.
Pros
Free Transportation
Cons
No Breaks
very good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
It was good. very good. so good i thought it was good. so good others might think it is very good as well. i hope you think this is good like i thought it was good
Fun and friendly work enviroment with staff that care about each other
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 15, 2017
build On is a nonprofit organization that strives to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education. This organization has changed my life for the better and will continue to help people for years to come.
Pros
Raffles, great community, prizes for reaching milestones, no commitment required
Cons
Strict at times, little to no breaks
Important work at home and abroad
Senior Development Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 26, 2017
buildOn is a fast paced workplace, where everyone is dedicated to providing best in class after school service learning programs and constructing primary schools abroad.
Rewarding experience voulenteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 27, 2017
It was a weekend volunteer internship program for high school students. The BuildOn group would go to local hospitals, clean parks, deliver food to elderly, and participate in soup kitchens around New York. This experience taught me the benefits of giving back to ones community, leadership skills, and teamwork.

Want to know more about buildOn?

Ask a question
Such a prodigious environment and amazing colleagues to work with.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Waking up at seven a'clock to get to a service location at around eight or nine was a bit challenging, but after a while i got used to the hours. Our tasks would consist of different jobs every week. Whether it would be taking care of a child or spreading mulch on every tree in a park, we would all have fun as a whole. The best projects are unusually the ones that contain each of us in groups of five or less. Every time we have group projects with different colleagues it was always such a joy to talk to a diverse group of people, constantly learning new things about everyone. Though working with others was a great time, sometimes things get hectic and unorganized within a mass number of students. It would be tough obstacle to get through but in the end we get our job done and have fun doing it.
Pros
Free food, reliable colleagues. and great leadership
Cons
Unorganized at times.
Great place to keep kids out of trouble
Community Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 27, 2016
if you want your kid in the right place doing good things this is the best place to be they can bring friends and family.it was a great place to do work and at the same time learning. your helping yourself and the earth
Pros
overall great place
Very Good Place to Intern for Experience
Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 11, 2016
You are only needed if an employee needs assistance with office duties. It is an overall friendly environment, highly recommend.
Fun andgreat way to serve the community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago. ILFebruary 14, 2015
BuildOn is a great way to volunteer you time and services to those in need doing just about anything. What I learned from volunteering is that even though you don't get money you do give hope and care to those you helped out and that does feel really good, no lie.
The people I volunteered with (Classmates) were fun to be around and made even boring projects fun and we always had good laughs.
The only hard part about volunteering to me is finding your way to the sites, but an easy google maps search will do the trick.
The most fun I had at BuildOn was fundraising for charity, you could sell just about anything as long you know people will buy it. Its all for a good cause, building schools in developing countries.
Pros
Usually free food, free fun if you bring your friends along, easy to make friends, depending on where you go you'll get free samples
Cons
You don't get money
Finance Internship (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 8, 2015
First internship was an amazing experience learned a lot from the team over there
We got to meet amazing people.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, ConnecticutOctober 1, 2014
This was not a job. I was a volunteer but we got to meet amazing people and do amazing things. We helped out people to try to make their days better.
Pros
We helped out people in need
Cons
There were no cons
Fun and welcoming
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 27, 2014
Nice enjoyable environment.It was fun making card for elder in the environment and also meeting new people every where you go.
a great way to spend free time
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 2, 2014
I had a lot of fun volunteering with buildOn and learned to use a lot of skills that I see I need currently, such as communication and patience.
Pros
free lunch, fun with friends, meeting new people.
Cons
long days sometimes
Gets you involved with your community
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 4, 2013
Fun to work with, really tries to make a difference in every aspect of the community. Opens up to anybody who likes to volunteer
Pros
Friends, experience, keeps kids off the streests
Cons
Only able to go on Trek once
Wonderful non-profit organization
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 19, 2013
BuildOn is a non-profit organization that offers volunteer services and also raises moneys to help build schools for the less fortunate countries.
Pros
Excellent experience
Cons
None at all