Bulk Handling Systems Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Annoying Little Fiefdom but hey it's working for them
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 11, 2016
This was an awful fit, but fairly, I still have friends there that are doing quite well and enjoy it. There was very little development in the field, little feedback cycle and a lot of bottlenecks within the process.
BHS will drain your life away and feed you lies and doughnuts once a week.
Engineering Designer (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 17, 2014
This is the worst place I have ever worked in my 25 year career. They work their employees like dogs and treat the Engineering department like a sweatshop. The pay is way below the industry average and they try to mend this with 60+ (mandatory) hour work weeks. And when their poor planning leads them to drop hours to 40/week for periods of time, it approaches a 50% cut in pay. BHS ruins family life, takes away time for hobbies and a life outside of work and does nothing to foster a work environment that is anything other than toxic.
Pros
If you hate your home life and hobbies, this place is for you!
Cons
You will acquire 3 new prescriptions and 2 doctors to help you cope with your lack of self worth.
Fast growing, but losing itself in the process.
Mechanical Designer/Checker (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 25, 2014
They are a fast growing company, but one that is trying to find what it is in the process. They do not appear to value people, as much as they say, the perks and benes get fewer and fewer, wages don't keep up, and they don't seem to understand why they have a high turnover rate, It used to be a much better place.
Very complex work environment.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 8, 2013
The manufacturer of the best automated recycling equipment in North America. A company definitely on the rise in their industry.
Stressful & unappreciated for the hard work
Lead Sales Estimator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 30, 2013
I worked under salary when we failed the duties test. Always worked more than 40 hours a week. The sales department, are brutal in how they will treat those who serve them.

I got paid at the below average for my job title and stayed there for 4-years. No cost of living increase.

B H S didn't provide any training to improve myself. I asked to start a Quality Of Work Life committee and was firmly told no.

This was one of the worst jobs I've ever had, sorry to say. This company could be a great place to work if only managers cared about the people.
I can't recommend them as an employer.
Pros
It's a green job
Cons
Angry managers yelling at staff without recourse, No cost of living increases, Below averag salary with long hours, no data base - every document is a sperate Excel doc, no Q W L, no training
Long hours (up to 12 hrs/days for several months at a time)
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 14, 2012
After working for around 11 months at 12 hour days, and several months previously at 10 or more, we were cut back to 40 hr/wk with 1 days notice and no raises,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulk Handling Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9