About the Job
We are one of Atlanta’s top moving companies and are looking to hire a professional commercial sales estimator. This Estimator position is defined as the intuitive effort to research all facets of a potential project, resulting in the timely and accurate submittal of a proposal of project value.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized proposals.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Schedule job walk thru with clients.
- Generate R.F.I’s and submit to appropriate person in a timely and professional manner.
- Once awarded a job will work to put in all information into our system in a way in which all parties that are performing the relocation will be able to accurately execute the job.
- Submit required documents to parties (i.e.: Certificates of Insurance, Workman’s Comp. verification, etc.) requesting in time for execution of relocation.
- Ensure that all facets of the job go smoothly by following up with customer during and after the move.
- Must be willing to go out and market our company to solicit for future business within the corporate industry. Must be willing to make cold calls to companies that are potentially moving, in order to solicit our giving them an estimate for their up-coming move.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Able to use the collected information in order to perform a comprehensive estimate.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a high school diploma. A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and any other clients.
Ability to do simple math, to use mathematical equations to come out with a professional and accurate proposal for time, cost, etc.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with any situation that might arise. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; and Microsoft Outlook, Quickbooks knowledge is a plus
Applicant MUST have reliable transportation. Company does not furnish automobiles for this position. Applicants will have to travel from job site to job site and must be able to do so with regards to appointments that have been set with clients.
Applicants must be able to walk thru job sites, while taking notes. Applicants must have the ability to stand on their feet for several hours at a time.
Applicants must have the ability to drive around Atlanta, going from location to location.
We are located off of Northcrest Road. Our office location is conveniently located off Interstates 285 & 85.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK IN APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
This is a commission based job.