BCS offers a collaborative, experiential learning environment that emphasizes individual student growth. As a model of educational innovation, BCS inspires children, faculty and staff to reach beyond themselves to achieve full potential. Using a global perspective to teach about the interconnectedness of communities and their environments, the BCS program nurtures mutual respect, civic responsibility and a lifelong love of learning.
Bullis Charter School (BCS) is an integrated K-8 public school that emphasizes individualized learning, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math) curricula, Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA), an enriched curriculum both during school and during optional after-school programs, and national best practices with a focus on 21st century skills for academic excellence.
We are looking for risk takers, collaborators, and all-around awesome people to join our learning community. We value tinkering, technology, the arts, reflection, leadership, global competency, environmental literacy, and stellar teaching.
We value our incredible staff and offer the following support and benefits:
- Support to continue to develop your professional practice including leadership opportunities, National
Board Certification incentives, and regular and ongoing staff development
- Commitment from school leadership provide the resources necessary to meet student learning needs
- A creative empowering staff culture
- Built-in grade level collaboration and prep time
- A laptop and iPad mini for every teacher
- Contribution to State Teacher Retirement (STRS)
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 10 days of paid professional development (paid per diem, on top of salary)
- Housing stipend
- Participation in accredited Induction Program for preliminary credential holders – less