Bunge

Bunge United States Employee Reviews

Productive learning
Extrusion Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodland, CaJanuary 19, 2015
Learning from some of the greatest managers I have ever met, but in the end we parted ways because of lack of business. I really enjoyed the work I did with the company. Without the lay off I would definitely still be there learning from seasoned managers.
Repeat Review
Security Analyst (Former Employee), St. Lois, MODecember 24, 2014
Already reviewed this company earlier. Loved working for this company. The only reason I left was because I relocated to Florida
Great opportunity, great culture
Analyst (Current Employee), St. LouisNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits, no micromanagement, flex time, work from home, food, monthly raffles& community involvement, great people, open door policy, comfortable environment to work
Cons: lack of repercussions for those who slack
Bunge is by far the best place I have ever worked at . Any negative feedback must be from sour ex employees. Plenty of room for growth and advancement. Unlike other places, mgmt and teams are willing to teach for advancement within.Con: Bunge tends to allow people to wear out their welcome wo termination. If anything some people who work there don't deserve the job, but they are very far and few between . I consider myself fortunate to have found a great job like this!
SAP SD/MM/PP Functional
SAP SD Lead Consultant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2014
Pros: persistant working
Cons: short break
got vast experience in SAP environment and large scale full cycle implementations
poor management
Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2014
Was not a place to learn from your boss. Company hires friends of co-workers that are not capable or competent.
Good place to work.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Bellevue, OHOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great pay and beneifits
Cons: down sized
I loved my job. I wish I was still there. Co-workers were friendly. The work was interesting.
a great team work productive workplace.
Shipping/Receiving Operator (Current Employee), Decatur, ALOctober 1, 2014
Pros: you will always get your hours.
Cons: retirement health care
You are given a job and you and you co-workers work together as a team to reach the goal. Every day it can be a different job which will let you get more experience on all the jobs in the pant or in your department.
A company that cares about its employees
BNA Commodity Merchandiser Intern (Former Employee), Morristown, INAugust 1, 2014
Pros: safety, friendly colleagues
The people who work for Bunge in Indiana all share similar views on the company: it cares about their employees. Unlike its competitors, Bunge does not consider its employees to be figures or statistics. It does not throw you into the water and expect you to swim with the sharks. It takes care of you and provides opportunity for advancement. A senior merchandiser who retired a few years ago still comes into the office every morning because he likes his work.
Pays the bills, but often dirty work
Shipping and Receiving Operator (Current Employee), Cairo, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: can learn valuable things.
Cons: wages
A good job to gain experience in a plant environment. Teaches the keys of practicing good safety and proper PPE.
N/A
Operations / Merchandiser (Former Employee), Louisiana, MOJuly 22, 2014
Grain operations and merchandising. Safety and safety reviews. Continuous Improvement.
If you don't have a life this is the place for you
Associate (Former Employee), ModestoJune 26, 2014
This place is a joke. Safety safety safety to the extreme. Nothing wrong with safety of course but when it comes to fixing things they bandage stuff up which endangers the employee. Management SUCKS!!! From top to bottom. Moral sucks worse. Never ending overtime and you have to work it.or you will get a warning or written up. They don't care about their employees and raises are a joke. You feel like they slapped you in the face.
Nice Environment
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2014
Generally solid and good place to work at
Good people and good management
Laid back and relaxed environment
Great place to learn about cash and futures trading in the U.S.
Senior Trader (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2014
As a grain trader, a typical work day can be hectic while managing your cash and futures position, streamlining logistics and interacting with suppliers and customers. Everyday is a new experience and the learning never stops because the market has something new for you all the time. Management has high expectations, but at the same time they will let you manage your own deck and they will assist you when necessary. The hardest part of the job is to intelligently guess the direction and timing of the market. Which also makes the job constantly entertaining.
Accounting Environment
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2014
Cons: laid off
Typical office environment, no room for growth, very cliquish,
Prodcutive place to work and the people are even better
Soybean Oil Account Manager/Procurement (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches and good pay
I have nothing bad to say about this place! The people were great and management was just as good! There's a lot of opportunity to grow and make a name for yourself.
Productive Company
Office Grader (Former Employee), Rosedale, MSJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free bottle waterl
Cons: seasonal jobs only
Seasonal Job Only was the only thing I did not agree with. I only received unemployment for three months. I am buying a house and I will lose it, if I do not find a job like, yesterday.
I like jobs that are challenging.
Welder, Millwright and Mechanic (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ARJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
A typical day at work involves me coming to work, staying busy until lunch, take a break and eat lunch, then work hard the rest of the day.
fun place to work very informative
Grader (Former Employee), Armorel, AROctober 21, 2013
This was a seasonal job which meant you work when farmings in full swing. Loved it!
Cared about employees
Territory Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2013
Pros: enjoy yhe sales challenge and meeting people
Cons: excessive travel
Pro's

Selling food service frying oil and working the commodity end of Bunge's business.

Enjoy a team effort with in Bunge to make a sale.

Con's
Travel was 70 - 80% and this became more difficult to do.
Its a job that pays the bills
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Lettsworth, LASeptember 14, 2013
Pros: its a job that pays the bills
Cons: lots of dust, 30 min lunch break on a 12+ hr day, never knowing when to arrive or when you are getting off untill the last minute
A typical day is getting their opening up the plant, starting the equipment, checking the equipment and cleaning the machines, unloading/loading trucks, barge loading, Grain sampling, Answering phone calls, ordering parts and personal protection equipment. I've learnt most of the skills I have listed. Management is some what of a joke. They take people who never been in an elevator/plant and expect them to run it. Instead of moving employees who know how it operates an promoting them. Co-works are not interviewed properly. they hire anyone who can pass a background & drug test. Instead of if they can preform the job which they are being hired for. The hardest part is trying not to inhale dust and debris, heat stroke when loading a barge. What I enjoy about the job is working. As long as I'm busy I'm happy.

About Bunge

Bunge North America (BNA) is the world's main squeeze. Its milling division, which operates five mills, is the largest corn dry – Read more

Bunge Salaries