Bunge Employee Reviews

Conservative company
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2017
Overall, good benefits in health and dental insurance. The 401k match is on the low side for the industry. The company is being challenged by the market to deliver earnings. However, the Bunge North America operating company in St. Louis has a culture of "this is the way we have always done it" and is change adverse. Very difficult to contribute as every new idea brought forward is met with that same statement.
Pros
Very laid back, slow paced.
Cons
Very laid back, slow paced.
Safety Oriented Company
Lead E&I Technician (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 3, 2017
Overall, Bunge is a very good company to work for. Safety is top priority. In my position in E&I, I work Monday through Friday day shift with an on call rotation of one out of every 3 weeks. If I need anything to do my job management makes sure that I get it.

Over the past five years wages have went from above average to just a little below average for my local area though.
Pros
Monday through Friday Day shift, Free work boots!!
Cons
Short call out rotation
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 2, 2017
could be a great job, pay is competitive but it is poorly managed and provides no work life balance. as employees we were/are not put in the position to be successful .......micromanaged into inefficiency.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
no balance of work/life
Its fine until you tell them no
PACKAGING/ PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Worthington, INAugust 2, 2017
ready to not have a life ?
distance for your kids and family from you?
IF youre single and have no life or kids, girlfriend then this is the place for you
Pros
Pay, breaks, insurance
Cons
managment is a joke, very hot, over safe
Too much work, not enough pay
Regional Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Destrehan, LAJuly 31, 2017
Too much work, not enough pay, there are a lot of opportunities to get involved in helping the company, but the reward does not match the work involved.
Bunge review
Assistant Elevator Manager (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJuly 13, 2017
Bunge is a company that will not spend money to upgrade grain facilities or to improve safety conditions. Oversight of individual grain facilities is non existant
Great Pay - Terrible Culture
Operator (Former Employee) –  Crete, NEJuly 7, 2017
Work place violence issues, poor management, employees respecting one another was lacking. Corporate office not tuned into plant level issues. Lots of accepting of unacceptable behaviors.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Low Morale, Work Place Violence and Disrespect
very stressful place to work alot of turnover
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 7, 2017
it is a union company and details on hours and pay are always up in the air

Company is leading producer of soybean oil production .The skills used daily are working with SAP system, loading and unloading truckloads, LTLS, and rail/bulk loads, working with truck drivers . Safety is another main element to daily processes at Bunge. Maintaining inventory by picking orders thru FIFO and working out issues are also used daily..
Great Place to work
Material Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILJune 26, 2017
Very flexible, Each day brings different responsibilities.
Advancement opportunities always available. Very Team oriented company. Management has open door policy.
Very hard work and it's not appreciated
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 10, 2017
Wouldn't recommend this place they work you like a dog 12 hours per day is mandatory no time with family or to do anything else for that matter. Wouldn't recommend this place
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Hot, long hours, management doesn't care about you
productve and great work culture
Utility Worker/Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJune 9, 2017
In my opinion a typical day at work was a workful and safety oriented day. it challenged me to be a better involved in the work and the training that was taking place. it also was challenging and enjoyable.
Pros
it challenge me to learn.
Cons
not being able to learn ahead of schedule about safety processes.
productive
Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Luling, LAJune 6, 2017
Great job opportunity
very fun place to work with a lot of growing availability within the company great crew, managers, flexible schedule, training available
Productive work environment
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJune 6, 2017
Very fun place to work.great atmosphere, good job benefits,also vacation time earned was exceptional I really enjoyed the people I worked around worked various machines.
Pros
Build up alot of vacation time
Cons
Slow down time
Hard working and great a place to advance
Contractor for IT Support and Data Center (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2017
Hard working and great a place to advance. They no longer have a data center or I would have stayed with them I loved working for this company. The job payed well and there would have been advancement there as well.
Very Good
SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2017
It is one of the best company to work. According to my experience they have very good management and technical team for support and coordination. Recommend any one to join and work.
Great company!
IT Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
A global company with the HQ in White Plains, NY. This would be a great place to work, however they have limited full time employment opportunities in this location.
Great company to work for.
Utility Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cairo, ILMarch 14, 2017
It was a job that everyone worked together and in a safely manner! The management team were very professional, and made sure that we all were treated fairly!
Upper management needs training on how to treat employees
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Hickman, KYMarch 10, 2017
Upper management is severely lacking in the management and people skills area. Need to learn teamwork and team building and visit the sites more often to see how the local managers are doing.
Terrible company, even worse management.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Armorel, ARJanuary 24, 2017
I currently still work here and it is terrible. Upper management has no clue about anything, and couldn't care less about their employees. All they see are dollar signs, they do not care about you or your family. Long hours, terrible pay, no respect. Everyone on upper management thinks they are above all other people they've ever met. I would not recommend this place to any one.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Everything else.
Fun family friend work enviroment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2017
My days were spent contacting customers regarding past due balances, helping them resolve issues so they could pay invoices. Talking to sales reps and management to help facilitate the resolution process.
I have learned to never give up and not be afraid to talk to anyone that can help including the president of the company.
My direct manager was a joy to work for. He basically said you know your job, go do it. If you need help come to me and we will work it out. He was the best boss.
Pleasant work environment. Most of the other collectors were great to work with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with one negative abusive co worker.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to build relationships with my coworkers and customers.
Pros
Encouraging supportive management.
Cons
Negative co worker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunge. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval