Bunker Hill Community College Employee Reviews

community service and fun work place to work
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2017
If you want to apply the basic knowledge you earn in accounting class about taxation, this the best place to start. It's fun and it's a volunteer type of work, but you will learn a lot about taxation and that will help you in your entry level position job search.
Librarian Assistant
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMay 22, 2017
A typical day at work is starting at the library. Checking out books, library cards to patrons. I learned that time management is the key to working and also have patience. The management was okay. I enjoyed working there. The workplace culture was also good. I did not have any hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the company was working at the computer plus I am computer savy and was able to do the tasks that were given to me. Working as a librarian was awesome.
Teaching/Instructor
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 20, 2017
Provided instruction and training in phlebotomy and lab.
Went over knowledge of laboratory and patient care, and assessing each patient before and after procedures. went over infection control policies, and basic anatomy of the body and circulatory systems.
Certified students completing program, assigning clinical internships.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Waste of time in your career
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2017
Deplorable management and ridiculously incompetent. Workplace culture is about getting paid and keep your mouth closed.
Sign up for a place were education is important, not just numbers and statistics.
sometimes stressful, uncoordinated work environment
Adjunct Nursing Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMarch 28, 2017
Clinical instructor for group of an average of 6 student for 6 six weeks at clinical site. Typical day is assign students patients, have them do ADLS, VS, assessments, I & O, and report on patients.
Overall great experience! had a blast!
Marketing new tools (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMarch 17, 2017
My position was only temporary, but man was it great! I originally joined to gain some experience working in and out of a class room at a school setting, and i couldn't be happier with the end result! Working at BHCC definitely makes me want to pursue a life as a teacher and a professor (for high school and college).
Fun and enjoyable
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2017
The classroom is a great place to be, an the administration was great. I also really enjoyed the support staff, and would go back to work there if I had the heart to teach any longer.
Working as a Mentor
New Student Orientation Mentor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAFebruary 4, 2017
I have enjoyed my time working as a mentor at Bunker Hill Community College. It gave me the chance to work part-time while taking a full course load. It helped me to feel more connected to the College, and what was happening on campus.
Good
Student Success Program-TRIO (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work with students. Very supportive climate for students. There are challenges in obtaining help or information as an employee. Need to have a proactive personality.
great place to work
Tutor and Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Great place for student to work. They are very flexible with their hours.I learned how to communicate with people everyday. in my job i focus on booking apponitment with people, picking calls and taking information down.I feel encouraged to come up with new and better ways of doing things.I support the Company values in my day-to-day actions.The hardest part was communication . i deal with people who come from different countries. it was really hard to understand them but i was fun talking to them. the most enjoyable part of the job was i'm being treated fairly by my supervisor.

Want to know more about Bunker Hill Community College?

Ask a question
Summary at Bunker Hill Community College
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work starts with checking the school's voicemail and returning messages. Sometimes I will file or scan documents. My team of coworkers and management were the kindest people I have ever met in a work setting. The hardest part of the job was being unable to help students return to school. The most enjoyable part was to see the enthusiasm on the students faces knowing they are able to come back to school.
Fun , easy , productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MADecember 16, 2016
Working at bunker hill was fun for me even though some customers wasn't having a good day I liked it it was always busy there was always something to do to make your day go by fast . I learned How to do the register I learned how to stock the food and drinks I learned how to do the coffee and clean out the machines . The management was nice they was always there for you if you needed help or didn't understand certain things or if you had a problem at work they was there . The co workers were nice especially when you needed there help on certain things like the register or with a customer . The hardest part about the job was making a mistake on the register like if there was a long line and your the only one working at one register you try hard not to mess up but your alone with a long line so you make mistakes once in a while . The most enjoyable part about working at the college was the college because it was fun there was always something new every time you came in the customers treated you as if you went to school there so I loved it I also miss working there .
great place to start off learning
School Technical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2016
i like Bunker Hill because its close and there prof. are awesome.
i would recommend Bunker Hill anyone because its economically affordable and there transfer program is great for students that want to go to a four year college.
Pros
free transportation and its close by
Cons
the evening can get crowded and the books they sell are expensive
Very diverse student community, interesting teaching.
Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, Massachusetts, USAAugust 23, 2016
Teaching in this multicultural and urban student community in north Boston was challenging and enriching, and I had the chance to learn the American educational system in a very dynamic and supportive environment.
Great educational experience
student (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAAugust 21, 2016
This community college helped me get back on track with my education. By day I was a stay at home mom and by night I was a student working on a great career/
Fun
Assistant/Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2016
This is a fun place to work and the people are very nice.The kids are the best bit about the job, and making a difference in the kids lifes.
It is a great place to work with fun co-workers.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  250 Rutherford Ave, Boston MA 02129July 21, 2016
It was do great to work at Bunker Hill Community College, however they don't offer fun-time job. You will see diversity group of people and work with different ethnics. Most of them are nice and educated. All my supervisors are so friendly and care about their employees.
Pros
diversity working environment and high educated co-workers around you.
Cons
There is no full-time position.
fun work place
International Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 14, 2016
Working at BHCC was fun especially since I was a student there it allowed me to meet new people and help international students like myself.
A dynamic teaching envirnoment with enthusiastic students and faculty
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2016
As a curriculum consultant, Bunker Hill hired me to add some novel content to an existing curriculum. These ideas were integrated into both experimental classes as well as curriculum, successfully - by that I mean the response from students, as well as faculty, has been very positive. I especially enjoy working in such a richly diverse environment, and I find that BHCC's mission statements ar always upheld consistently. The students exhibit a higher-than-average level of excitement in learning about visual and audio arts. It's a particular pleasure to have helped students obtain impressive and productive internships in the competitive Boston media environment.
Pros
Excellent interaction with students and peers
Cons
Even more inter-disciplary projects would be great!
Productive work environment
A/V Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2016
The Audio Visual department is a good department to work. My co-workers are awesome. We get a lot of work everyday. It is sometime unpredictable because of the events we might have to work. I like staying busy.
Pros
A lot to do.
Cons
no growth