Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Employer Reviews

Excellent place to learn and grow.
Data Entry (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAFebruary 25, 2014
Bunker Hill Community College is an exceptional place to learn and grow for teachers, staff, and students.
Staff are caring and supportive esp. for students
Professor of ESL (Former Employee), Charlestown, MAJanuary 6, 2014
You have to visit BHCC to see for yourself what outstanding work is going on, in an environment of learning, trust, and sharing, with student support occurring at every turn, especially within their Learning Center.
Artistic world
Art Gallery Monitor/Graphic Arts Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 24, 2013
Pros: relaxation
I worked at the gallery as an intern and was not required to do too much. I opened and closed the art gallery and made sure the paintings were free of dust. I basically watched the gallery and posted upcoming events in the hallway of the school. There were no other co-workers. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is that I was bale to relax and enjoy the quiet enviroment. The management was a great woman. She was a wonderful person. – less
Peer tutor
COMPUTER SCIENCE TUTOR / PEER MENTOR (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 21, 2013
At Bunker Hill I was part of the peer tutoring team for the school's STEM initiative. My main responsibilities involved helping students with understanding the material and helping them to prepare for exams.

Additionally I also stepped in to teach a few classes when necessary.
Love BHCC
French Tutor (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 21, 2013
Very nice environment. Love everything about the language lab in BHCC. High demand in tutoring. Coworkers are great to work with.
Fun place to work
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 7, 2013
Volunteer Income Tax is an internship by BHCC. under the supervision of the Internal revenue Service and the Massachusetts department of Revenue. It was a part of my study. I learned and assisted local resident and students prepare their Income tax returns
Great Place to work
Helping Students
Assisting Dean
adjunct teaching
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee), boston, maJuly 17, 2013
Pros: being in the classroom; discussions with students
Cons: no benefits, no job security, meager pay & no respect by peers of admin
compensation gives adjuncts a sense of little to no value.
no benefits - so teaching & culture comes without any support
managment - fully leveraged and paid & unable to assess properly those teaching
if offered classes; adjuncts unable to pass up on them & end up teaching 8-12 classes each semester to pay bills - barely. Leaves no time for life balance.
Excellent place to work!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAJune 9, 2013
Pros: location
Very supportive and exciting place to work. Technology-focussed and great community based organizations!
I love my team
Female Soccer Team Member (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 5, 2013
I got a chance to communicate with many teammates from different countries: England, Norway and American. My coach was professional in his major. My captain quitely focuced on her job. My teammates had passion for their work. We did not think that playing soccer was a hobby, we considered it as a serious business. I learnt how to work as a team and – more... how to satisfy myself for my team. – less
Awesome place to teach students from all over the world!!!
Adjunct Faculty, Department of Math and Science (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 28, 2013
Pros: gratitude from the students for me challenging them to do their very best in math education.
Cons: never any openings for full-time; worked as an adjunct instead.
Taught a variety of undergraduate math courses to a very diverse but extremely appreciative student body.

Bunker Hill Community College has been my favorite institution of higher learning.
Professor's Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Chelsea, MAApril 23, 2013
When I came into work, I always knew what I was supposed to do because the person I worked for was always very organized. Class always ran smoothly and so did our work days!
PERFECT!!!
Student Advisor/Registration (Former Employee), Charlestown, MAApril 7, 2013
Typical day at work would be answering questions. I learned more great customer service skills. My coworkers were always willing to help. The hardest part of my job would be not being able to help someone. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing someones dream was soon to be fulfilled and it feels great knowing I had a part in doing so.
Duty conciouse
Math Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2013
During breaks, we share our experience in problem solving. This makes the toughest day at work easy as we employ the best methods from our shared experience to tackle obstacles and accomplish our goals.
BHCC, as a State Building, was a good place to work, fulled of benefice and good Health insurance
Assistant Proctor Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2013
I was working there as an assistant Proctor Administrator.
Progressive learning environment
Success Coach/Academic Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 30, 2012
Pros: professional development support
Dynamic student population.
Supportive staff and administration.
Excellent compensation and time off.
Part time IT support
Technical Support Services Assistant (Current Employee), Charlestown, MANovember 20, 2012
Everyday I support the students, faculty and staff. I have learned alot about pcs, printers and technical customer support.
Life changing experience.
Peer-Mentor (Former Employee), Charlestown, MAOctober 22, 2012
Peer Mentor are committed to helping new students make a successful transition to college. Providing emotional and academic assistance to ensure they have a successful college carrier & a more general understanding about cultural competency.
Bunker Hill copy shop
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: long breaks
Cons: not a lot of held/employees
I go in the machine is alreadt on and people are readyto mke copies of class work. I learn thatyou always have to be busy and if you have nothing to do than try to look for something to do. My coworkers was nice at sometime. As long as I work hard we got along great. The hardest part at working in the copy shop when busy it was very busy. There was – more... very little help, and the demands were many. The most part I enjoy is coming home and knowing you put in a job well done. – less
Great education with amazing clinical sites
Education: Associate Degree of Science in Nursing (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 17, 2012
Bunker Hill is one of the hardest nursing programs to get accepted to. Once accepted however, you experience the best clinical rotations where you feel you are a real nurse. The professors are very educational and supportive.