Bunker Hill Community College Employee Reviews

Working as a Mentor
New Student Orientation Mentor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAFebruary 4, 2017
I have enjoyed my time working as a mentor at Bunker Hill Community College. It gave me the chance to work part-time while taking a full course load. It helped me to feel more connected to the College, and what was happening on campus.
Good
Student Success Program-TRIO (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work with students. Very supportive climate for students. There are challenges in obtaining help or information as an employee. Need to have a proactive personality.
great place to work
Tutor and Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Great place for student to work. They are very flexible with their hours.I learned how to communicate with people everyday. in my job i focus on booking apponitment with people, picking calls and taking information down.I feel encouraged to come up with new and better ways of doing things.I support the Company values in my day-to-day actions.The hardest part was communication . i deal with people who come from different countries. it was really hard to understand them but i was fun talking to them. the most enjoyable part of the job was i'm being treated fairly by my supervisor.
Summary at Bunker Hill Community College
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work starts with checking the school's voicemail and returning messages. Sometimes I will file or scan documents. My team of coworkers and management were the kindest people I have ever met in a work setting. The hardest part of the job was being unable to help students return to school. The most enjoyable part was to see the enthusiasm on the students faces knowing they are able to come back to school.
Fun , easy , productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MADecember 16, 2016
Working at bunker hill was fun for me even though some customers wasn't having a good day I liked it it was always busy there was always something to do to make your day go by fast . I learned How to do the register I learned how to stock the food and drinks I learned how to do the coffee and clean out the machines . The management was nice they was always there for you if you needed help or didn't understand certain things or if you had a problem at work they was there . The co workers were nice especially when you needed there help on certain things like the register or with a customer . The hardest part about the job was making a mistake on the register like if there was a long line and your the only one working at one register you try hard not to mess up but your alone with a long line so you make mistakes once in a while . The most enjoyable part about working at the college was the college because it was fun there was always something new every time you came in the customers treated you as if you went to school there so I loved it I also miss working there .
great place to start off learning
School Technical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2016
i like Bunker Hill because its close and there prof. are awesome.
i would recommend Bunker Hill anyone because its economically affordable and there transfer program is great for students that want to go to a four year college.
Pros
free transportation and its close by
Cons
the evening can get crowded and the books they sell are expensive
Very diverse student community, interesting teaching.
Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, Massachusetts, USAAugust 23, 2016
Teaching in this multicultural and urban student community in north Boston was challenging and enriching, and I had the chance to learn the American educational system in a very dynamic and supportive environment.
Great educational experience
student (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAAugust 21, 2016
This community college helped me get back on track with my education. By day I was a stay at home mom and by night I was a student working on a great career/
Fun
Assistant/Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2016
This is a fun place to work and the people are very nice.The kids are the best bit about the job, and making a difference in the kids lifes.
It is a great place to work with fun co-workers.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  250 Rutherford Ave, Boston MA 02129July 21, 2016
It was do great to work at Bunker Hill Community College, however they don't offer fun-time job. You will see diversity group of people and work with different ethnics. Most of them are nice and educated. All my supervisors are so friendly and care about their employees.
Pros
diversity working environment and high educated co-workers around you.
Cons
There is no full-time position.
fun work place
International Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 14, 2016
Working at BHCC was fun especially since I was a student there it allowed me to meet new people and help international students like myself.
A dynamic teaching envirnoment with enthusiastic students and faculty
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2016
As a curriculum consultant, Bunker Hill hired me to add some novel content to an existing curriculum. These ideas were integrated into both experimental classes as well as curriculum, successfully - by that I mean the response from students, as well as faculty, has been very positive. I especially enjoy working in such a richly diverse environment, and I find that BHCC's mission statements ar always upheld consistently. The students exhibit a higher-than-average level of excitement in learning about visual and audio arts. It's a particular pleasure to have helped students obtain impressive and productive internships in the competitive Boston media environment.
Pros
Excellent interaction with students and peers
Cons
Even more inter-disciplary projects would be great!
Productive work environment
A/V Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2016
The Audio Visual department is a good department to work. My co-workers are awesome. We get a lot of work everyday. It is sometime unpredictable because of the events we might have to work. I like staying busy.
Pros
A lot to do.
Cons
no growth
Library Assistance
Library Assistant (Work-study) (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 26, 2016
Check on/out books, Provide friendly and efficient customer service to patrons, used MS Word, Shelving, and completed any and all other duties as assigned. This is a work studies position on Saturdays and Sunday's and I enjoyed providing any help I was needed for by students at the Bunker Hill Community College.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great positive environment to work in
Start Smart Orientation Mentor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2016
My supervisor is a very kind and open-minded person.Her positive energy and humor definitely reflects in the workplace. Fairness and equality is very important which I love because it allows everyone to show their full potential and not have to always look over their shoulders. Great positive workplace equals happy employees and great performance.
Pros
Great pay, co-workers, and employer
Cons
slow days
Great Place to Work
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 21, 2016
Bunker Hill Community College is a great place to work. No day will be the same and there is a great work/life balance. Some of the best co-workers that you will have.
great
WorkStudy (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MANovember 22, 2015
due to the fact that i attend this school, working here was a regular day for me, i was very familiar with the people and familiar with Microsoft word.
a great experience
Assisting students (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2015
It was a very rewarding experience to work at this place. The only motive I stopped working there is because I graduated and move. excellent opportunities to grow and be promoted.
Pros
good environment and culture
Fun workplace
Math, Economic, and Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Meeting new people everyday and extremely busy during the midterm and final exam. The hardest part is working with a large group of student, with different subject, at the same time but the job thought me to be patience and give everybody the fair amount of time.
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 1, 2015
a typical day at work, we would come in and do folders for new students coming into the college. I have learn how to be patient and treat people with respect. management was awesome, they give you the days that work best for you. the hard part about this job is when people are being rude, I had to stay positive, and be nice to them. the most enjoyable part about my job was the friends and people I met along the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunker Hill Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5