Bunker Hill Community College Employee Reviews in United States

It is a great place to work with fun co-workers.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  250 Rutherford Ave, Boston MA 02129July 21, 2016
It was do great to work at Bunker Hill Community College, however they don't offer fun-time job. You will see diversity group of people and work with different ethnics. Most of them are nice and educated. All my supervisors are so friendly and care about their employees.
Pros
diversity working environment and high educated co-workers around you.
Cons
There is no full-time position.
Great positive environment to work in
Start Smart Orientation Mentor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2016
My supervisor is a very kind and open-minded person.Her positive energy and humor definitely reflects in the workplace. Fairness and equality is very important which I love because it allows everyone to show their full potential and not have to always look over their shoulders. Great positive workplace equals happy employees and great performance.
Pros
Great pay, co-workers, and employer
Cons
slow days
A dynamic teaching envirnoment with enthusiastic students and faculty
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2016
As a curriculum consultant, Bunker Hill hired me to add some novel content to an existing curriculum. These ideas were integrated into both experimental classes as well as curriculum, successfully - by that I mean the response from students, as well as faculty, has been very positive. I especially enjoy working in such a richly diverse environment, and I find that BHCC's mission statements ar always upheld consistently. The students exhibit a higher-than-average level of excitement in learning about visual and audio arts. It's a particular pleasure to have helped students obtain impressive and productive internships in the competitive Boston media environment.
Pros
Excellent interaction with students and peers
Cons
Even more inter-disciplary projects would be great!
Library Assistance
Library Assistant (Work-study) (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 26, 2016
Check on/out books, Provide friendly and efficient customer service to patrons, used MS Word, Shelving, and completed any and all other duties as assigned. This is a work studies position on Saturdays and Sunday's and I enjoyed providing any help I was needed for by students at the Bunker Hill Community College.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Productive work environment
A/V Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2016
The Audio Visual department is a good department to work. My co-workers are awesome. We get a lot of work everyday. It is sometime unpredictable because of the events we might have to work. I like staying busy.
Pros
A lot to do.
Cons
no growth
fun work place
International Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 14, 2016
Working at BHCC was fun especially since I was a student there it allowed me to meet new people and help international students like myself.
Great Place to Work
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 21, 2016
Bunker Hill Community College is a great place to work. No day will be the same and there is a great work/life balance. Some of the best co-workers that you will have.
Fun workplace
Math, Economic, and Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Meeting new people everyday and extremely busy during the midterm and final exam. The hardest part is working with a large group of student, with different subject, at the same time but the job thought me to be patience and give everybody the fair amount of time.
a great experience
Assisting students (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2015
It was a very rewarding experience to work at this place. The only motive I stopped working there is because I graduated and move. excellent opportunities to grow and be promoted.
Pros
good environment and culture
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 1, 2015
a typical day at work, we would come in and do folders for new students coming into the college. I have learn how to be patient and treat people with respect. management was awesome, they give you the days that work best for you. the hard part about this job is when people are being rude, I had to stay positive, and be nice to them. the most enjoyable part about my job was the friends and people I met along the way.
great
WorkStudy (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MANovember 22, 2015
due to the fact that i attend this school, working here was a regular day for me, i was very familiar with the people and familiar with Microsoft word.
Great place to work at to
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 22, 2015
The best part of my job as a tutor was to see the excitement of students after receiving a grade for the exam we have studied for. Also, as a tutor it was really important to work as a team to approach math, science and engineering problems so that no student would leave the Academic Support Center without an answer.
Enjoyed the educational culture
PURCHASING MANAGER/CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 9, 2015
*Approving purchase orders
*monitoring service contracts
*open door policy with management
*co-workers very helpful
*hardest part: people wanting services with out bidding
*enjoyable part: great cafeteria
Pros
Great cafeteria and book store discount
Cons
Trafiic jams
Talk to college students and help them navigate through their portal and class selection
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MassachusettsDecember 30, 2014
You work right in the heart of the college, your job is to help new and existing college students navigate through the college website. Help them choose classes suited to their major and help them with their insurance as well as sending and receiving transcripts plus much more. You maybe required to give campus tours. Job is work study.
Great students, faculty and staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2015
extremely rewarding work with students, many who overcome enormous hurdles to succeed
making great strides to improve outdated technology infrastructure
Work Study manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2014
7-Eleven was a great company to work for i have no negative complaints about this job. staff and management were always positive and you get to know your customers which makes them feel welcomed and makes them want to come back to shop with you. if there was one thing i didn't like was being laid off because my store was going from corporate to a privately owned franchise.
Pros
positive staff and management, friendly customers
adjunct teaching
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  boston, maJuly 17, 2013
compensation gives adjuncts a sense of little to no value.
no benefits - so teaching & culture comes without any support
managment - fully leveraged and paid & unable to assess properly those teaching
if offered classes; adjuncts unable to pass up on them & end up teaching 8-12 classes each semester to pay bills - barely. Leaves no time for life balance.
Pros
being in the classroom; discussions with students
Cons
no benefits, no job security, meager pay & no respect by peers of admin
Bunker Hill copy shop
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2012
I go in the machine is alreadt on and people are readyto mke copies of class work. I learn thatyou always have to be busy and if you have nothing to do than try to look for something to do. My coworkers was nice at sometime. As long as I work hard we got along great. The hardest part at working in the copy shop when busy it was very busy. There was very little help, and the demands were many. The most part I enjoy is coming home and knowing you put in a job well done.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
not a lot of held/employees
Awesome place to teach students from all over the world!!!
Adjunct Faculty, Department of Math and Science (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2013
Taught a variety of undergraduate math courses to a very diverse but extremely appreciative student body.

Bunker Hill Community College has been my favorite institution of higher learning.
Pros
gratitude from the students for me challenging them to do their very best in math education.
Cons
never any openings for full-time; worked as an adjunct instead.
I love my team
Female Soccer Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2013
I got a chance to communicate with many teammates from different countries: England, Norway and American. My coach was professional in his major. My captain quitely focuced on her job. My teammates had passion for their work. We did not think that playing soccer was a hobby, we considered it as a serious business. I learnt how to work as a team and how to satisfy myself for my team.

4.5