Bunker Hill Community College Employee Reviews in United States

A dynamic teaching envirnoment with enthusiastic students and faculty
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2016
As a curriculum consultant, Bunker Hill hired me to add some novel content to an existing curriculum. These ideas were integrated into both experimental classes as well as curriculum, successfully - by that I mean the response from students, as well as faculty, has been very positive. I especially enjoy working in such a richly diverse environment, and I find that BHCC's mission statements ar always upheld consistently. The students exhibit a higher-than-average level of excitement in learning about visual and audio arts. It's a particular pleasure to have helped students obtain impressive and productive internships in the competitive Boston media environment.
Pros
Excellent interaction with students and peers
Cons
Even more inter-disciplary projects would be great!
It is a great place to work with fun co-workers.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  250 Rutherford Ave, Boston MA 02129July 21, 2016
It was do great to work at Bunker Hill Community College, however they don't offer fun-time job. You will see diversity group of people and work with different ethnics. Most of them are nice and educated. All my supervisors are so friendly and care about their employees.
Pros
diversity working environment and high educated co-workers around you.
Cons
There is no full-time position.
Great positive environment to work in
Start Smart Orientation Mentor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2016
My supervisor is a very kind and open-minded person.Her positive energy and humor definitely reflects in the workplace. Fairness and equality is very important which I love because it allows everyone to show their full potential and not have to always look over their shoulders. Great positive workplace equals happy employees and great performance.
Pros
Great pay, co-workers, and employer
Cons
slow days
Very diverse student community, interesting teaching.
Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, Massachusetts, USAAugust 23, 2016
Teaching in this multicultural and urban student community in north Boston was challenging and enriching, and I had the chance to learn the American educational system in a very dynamic and supportive environment.
Library Assistance
Library Assistant (Work-study) (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 26, 2016
Check on/out books, Provide friendly and efficient customer service to patrons, used MS Word, Shelving, and completed any and all other duties as assigned. This is a work studies position on Saturdays and Sunday's and I enjoyed providing any help I was needed for by students at the Bunker Hill Community College.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Productive work environment
A/V Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2016
The Audio Visual department is a good department to work. My co-workers are awesome. We get a lot of work everyday. It is sometime unpredictable because of the events we might have to work. I like staying busy.
Pros
A lot to do.
Cons
no growth
Great educational experience
student (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAAugust 21, 2016
This community college helped me get back on track with my education. By day I was a stay at home mom and by night I was a student working on a great career/
fun work place
International Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 14, 2016
Working at BHCC was fun especially since I was a student there it allowed me to meet new people and help international students like myself.
Fun
Assistant/Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2016
This is a fun place to work and the people are very nice.The kids are the best bit about the job, and making a difference in the kids lifes.
a great experience
Assisting students (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2015
It was a very rewarding experience to work at this place. The only motive I stopped working there is because I graduated and move. excellent opportunities to grow and be promoted.
Pros
good environment and culture
Great Place to Work
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 21, 2016
Bunker Hill Community College is a great place to work. No day will be the same and there is a great work/life balance. Some of the best co-workers that you will have.
adjunct teaching
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  boston, maJuly 17, 2013
compensation gives adjuncts a sense of little to no value.
no benefits - so teaching & culture comes without any support
managment - fully leveraged and paid & unable to assess properly those teaching
if offered classes; adjuncts unable to pass up on them & end up teaching 8-12 classes each semester to pay bills - barely. Leaves no time for life balance.
Pros
being in the classroom; discussions with students
Cons
no benefits, no job security, meager pay & no respect by peers of admin
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 1, 2015
a typical day at work, we would come in and do folders for new students coming into the college. I have learn how to be patient and treat people with respect. management was awesome, they give you the days that work best for you. the hard part about this job is when people are being rude, I had to stay positive, and be nice to them. the most enjoyable part about my job was the friends and people I met along the way.
great
WorkStudy (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MANovember 22, 2015
due to the fact that i attend this school, working here was a regular day for me, i was very familiar with the people and familiar with Microsoft word.
Fun workplace
Math, Economic, and Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Meeting new people everyday and extremely busy during the midterm and final exam. The hardest part is working with a large group of student, with different subject, at the same time but the job thought me to be patience and give everybody the fair amount of time.
Enjoyed the educational culture
PURCHASING MANAGER/CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 9, 2015
*Approving purchase orders
*monitoring service contracts
*open door policy with management
*co-workers very helpful
*hardest part: people wanting services with out bidding
*enjoyable part: great cafeteria
Pros
Great cafeteria and book store discount
Cons
Trafiic jams
Artistic world
Art Gallery Monitor/Graphic Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 24, 2013
I worked at the gallery as an intern and was not required to do too much. I opened and closed the art gallery and made sure the paintings were free of dust. I basically watched the gallery and posted upcoming events in the hallway of the school. There were no other co-workers. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was bale to relax and enjoy the quiet enviroment. The management was a great woman. She was a wonderful person.
Pros
relaxation
Bunker Hill copy shop
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2012
I go in the machine is alreadt on and people are readyto mke copies of class work. I learn thatyou always have to be busy and if you have nothing to do than try to look for something to do. My coworkers was nice at sometime. As long as I work hard we got along great. The hardest part at working in the copy shop when busy it was very busy. There was very little help, and the demands were many. The most part I enjoy is coming home and knowing you put in a job well done.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
not a lot of held/employees
Work Study manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2014
7-Eleven was a great company to work for i have no negative complaints about this job. staff and management were always positive and you get to know your customers which makes them feel welcomed and makes them want to come back to shop with you. if there was one thing i didn't like was being laid off because my store was going from corporate to a privately owned franchise.
Pros
positive staff and management, friendly customers
Great students, faculty and staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2015
extremely rewarding work with students, many who overcome enormous hurdles to succeed
making great strides to improve outdated technology infrastructure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunker Hill Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5