Bunker Hill Community College Employee Review

View all Bunker Hill Community College reviews

a community that helped me build up my passion for Math
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, MAMay 25, 2014
I enrolled to Bunker Hill Community College in Spring of 2011 and was determined to take a part time position as a Math tutor. I finished all the required math classes and immediately applied for a tutor position. The work environment at the Student Center was friendly with a motto "Student will only leave the center learning and not just for the sake of passing the class". I come from Ethiopia where math and science are crucial to enroll in any major. I learned I use a complete different method in solving problems and in some cases easier than the one used here. I found ways to combine the different methods and simplify it to students. I learned that mathematical problems can be solved in many ways not necessarily the one way taught in school when we were young. I also learned Statistic is the least favorite among students which I find strange since it involves less mathematics as opposed to a math class which a lot of people dread.
Pros
Fun tutoring my peers and friends, free muffin (sometimes)
Cons
Time fly's by while tutoring one student, having last minute help from student with little time to learn

Other Bunker Hill Community College Employee Reviews

Collaborative work place
Student Assistant/Disability Center (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2018
The most amazing part of my job assisting the students with disabilities is seen day-by-day their effort to achieve their career goals no matter their physical and mental challenges.
Pros
As a physiologist: understanding of mental illness
Cons
short breaks: no time to lunch appropriately
Fun place
Career Assistant/Career Services Office (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Bunkerhill was a good place to have work study, i got to learn from others teach students and help them with resume's, it had a lot to do with customer service and giving the student the best experience.