Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Employer Reviews

Part time IT support
Technical Support Services Assistant (Current Employee), Charlestown, MANovember 20, 2012
Everyday I support the students, faculty and staff. I have learned alot about pcs, printers and technical customer support.
Life changing experience.
Peer-Mentor (Former Employee), Charlestown, MAOctober 22, 2012
Peer Mentor are committed to helping new students make a successful transition to college. Providing emotional and academic assistance to ensure they have a successful college carrier & a more general understanding about cultural competency.
Bunker Hill copy shop
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: long breaks
Cons: not a lot of held/employees
I go in the machine is alreadt on and people are readyto mke copies of class work. I learn thatyou always have to be busy and if you have nothing to do than try to look for something to do. My coworkers was nice at sometime. As long as I work hard we got along great. The hardest part at working in the copy shop when busy it was very busy. There was – more... very little help, and the demands were many. The most part I enjoy is coming home and knowing you put in a job well done. – less
Great education with amazing clinical sites
Education: Associate Degree of Science in Nursing (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 17, 2012
Bunker Hill is one of the hardest nursing programs to get accepted to. Once accepted however, you experience the best clinical rotations where you feel you are a real nurse. The professors are very educational and supportive.
A good place to teach programming languages (for example, C++)
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Boston, MassachusettsAugust 9, 2012
Pros: well equipped classrooms, great students.
Cons: this has been a part time position (so far).
Bunker Hill Community College offers students a competent and affordable education. Their classrooms are well equipped, and the students are anxious to learn.
In addition to providing me with a chance to try teaching, it has kept my programming skills sharp, as I develop lab exercises and projects for the students to perform.
The department chairman, – more... dean and office staff are all great people, and easy to work with. Other faculty members have also been welcoming to a new adjunct professor.
The hardest part of the job is coming up with good lab exercises and projects: they need to be relevant to the topics at hand, challenging and interesting.
The most rewarding part of the job is having students who really want to learn how to program. It is especially gratifying to watch a student who had difficulty at the beginning turn out to do pretty well by the end of the semester. – less
Went to schol there
Paralegal Studies (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 6, 2012
Pros: educational
Cons: big school
good college for learning and getting the extra help you need to graduate
There has a banquet from IRA and school and give the reward to each VITA
Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 11, 2012
First at all, I really enjoy to be VITA at BHCC, it's most valueable experience for me to serve community. Each client that I serve has different situation, different background and different purpose, professional knowlege, accuracy and computer skill are require in this program. When the client criticise and not satisfy their tax return are small amount, – more... I still need to be patient and smile to explain to them and continue to finish every case that I handle, I think that the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was every conversation that I have with each client during the tax file, some client very open to share anything about themself or anything to me, I can said I learn a lot and enjoy a lot during the conversation, and even more, some client are very appreciate my job, and they want to pay me, I told them that is a free and that was a student's assignment that I need to complete, and after each tax file, I feel I very close with every client.
After all the tax file, we have banquet from IRA and school to give the award to each VITA. – less