Bunzl Distribution Employee Reviews

Average pay with no job security
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILNovember 23, 2016
I worked on a Cherry picker picking product. Management and coworkers were OK. The hardest part of the job was loading pallets correctly. It took time to learn the heaviest products and lightest products. A correctly loaded pallet has heaviest product on the bottom and lightest product on the top. The warehouse was a collection of products placed haphazardly, so it took time to learn where the heavy products on the order were first, and build up the pallet from there.
Pros
Not a bad work environment
Cons
Warehouse organization was poor.
Management Overhaul Needed
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsJune 29, 2016
Last 3 managers were horrific along with the culture itself.
HR supports company, not the employee.
Pros
Benefits & salaries are okay, Good Manager=Happy Employee Poor Management=Unhappy Employee
Cons
Limited work/life balance, poor training, many great employees are stressed due to work overload, lean on support employees
Extremely fast paced high demanding environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
Typical day: Extremely busy , multi-task, high pressure.
What I learned: Over-all knowledge of company procedures, and product knowledge.
Management: All managers need to be replaced with professional people skilled, trained managers.
Co-workers: Non Team players, office politics, immature groups.
Hardest part of job: Staying caught up in a very stressful environment.
Most enjoyable part of job: Interacting with awesome customers, and being able to insure total customer satisfaction at the end of each day.
This is a GREAT company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
This company actually cares about their employees. They have great benefits and great people that work there. I have never enjoyed a job as much as I have at this one.
Pros
Bnefits, management
Cons
Not many chances for advancement
Great employees and managers
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WANovember 17, 2016
Very good place to work at. Everybody is super friendly and helpful if you are in need of help. Great benefits and an awesome pay. Person can learn a lot from working in place like this.
Excellent pay, but that's about it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Boylston, MAApril 10, 2016
A typical day at Bunzl was a 13 to 15 hour shift with a 15 minutes break every 2 hours. I learned how to operate a couple different machines from what i had already known. Management was either bad or terrible. They had favorites which meant anyone who wasn't got stuck with more work. Some co-workers were very nice and others were quite the opposite. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and lack of compassion for the employees restrooms and break room. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact the we could play music through our speakers all night and the pay and benefits were also quite good.
Pros
Great wages, good benefits
Cons
Very physically demanding, long hours, poor work enviroments
Great company that is always growing
Document Verifier Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2016
Bunzl is always finding new ways to grow and change and they extent this growth to their employees.Shared services is broken out by AP Help Desk, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. Bunzl trys to care about their employees.
Great environment to work in
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILAugust 11, 2016
Picking orders and making labels using GPS and Fed Ex systems also learned AS400. Crew members were always very helpful and fun to work with.
Great co-worker and not a bad job
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Colfax, NCMay 16, 2016
It a okay place to work besides the lack of communication from management to employees. It not a hard job but the hours can become long during holidays.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of good management
job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 14, 2016
They need a review of management. They do not listen to drivers concerns such as broken equipment. There is some favoritism towards certain drivers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
No Advancement Opportunities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 12, 2015
The management is terrible. No leadership skills at all. People are just their for a paycheck. You must engage employees in order for them to want to work hard for you. This is common sense, but, if you don't have the right management team, that's what happens.
Pros
Stable, steady work.
Cons
Expensive health premiums, bad managers
Stay far far away
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, IlMay 21, 2015
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management berates and belittles the staff piling on ridiculous work loads and making outrageous demands. And guess what? They treat their customers just as lousy. I really don't know how they stay in business. When the customer goes elsewhere due to lack of support and service, they look to blame everyone on staff. How do you explain that being out of product and not providing even a glimmer of respect or support to your clients is the reason they leave? Left this place for a lower paying job and it was the best decision I ever made.
Love my job. Love everything about this job.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  PANovember 16, 2015
Plan on working here until I am ready to Retire. Which is far from now. Been at this job over 20 years and hoping for another 20 plus.
Great company to work for
Customer Service/ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Maryland HeightsMay 11, 2015
Very fast paced and fun working environment. Close knit group of co-workers. On any give day, we might have visitors to break up the monotony. The most challenging part of the day would be to sell overstock product to customers. I have learned to be even more steadfast, in my every day approach.
Pros
Free product given out from food shows and vendors
Cons
Sales quota to be met
Worst work environment I have ever been in
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2015
This company is not about the employees as they say it is. It is about the bottom line. There is a feeling of gloom and doom in every department. Co-workers were pleasant but very unhappy. Policies were made up or changed at random at the regional level. Raises were miniscule.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Workplace Bullies
picker/packer/processor (Former Employee) –  dresden, tnFebruary 18, 2015
Workplace bullies thrive here. I was targeted by an employee and his niece for months and nothing was done until they finally got me fired and bragged about lying to get me fired on facebook. I brought the facebook post to bunzls attention but nothing was done.
management doesn't care about their employees. One worker does the work.of 2-3 people with no advancement opportunities. Work days are 12 hour days 6 days a week. 1 week vacation after a year and 2 weeks after 5. Sorry excuse for a company. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, long hours, bullies
International Buying and Planning Experience
Senior Import Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 14, 2015
Three years International Buying and Planning experience, coupled with Fashion Retail and International Trade background. Strong analytical, relationship management and team building competencies. Strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
Dont go there unless you are desparate. If you have the chance, get out before they pound you into the concrete
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousApril 30, 2012
1.Typical day was mostly boring; training was minimal at best
2. I learned that I need to be a little more selective when finding a new job; I took the one at Bunzl because I had to have a job; big mistake
3. Management was horrible; they ruled using the fear tactic
4. My co-workers were great
5. Hardest part was learning a new system, which was horribly inadequate, slow, and antiquated, kind of like management
6. Most enjoyable part of the day was leaving
I look at Bunzl as a blight on my resume; they were a horrible company to work for
Pros
co-workers were great people
Cons
management stunk; focus was on profits, not people
Worst job of my 25 years
Shipping/receiving (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs GA.July 18, 2012
This is a terrible company to work for. They have no concept of team work or any fundamental basics of warehouse work. There is no career advancement and increases are slow comming. This is nothing more then a third party logistics disguise as a company. Some of the co workers are cool but the job will break you down. Management is poor as if they never had any experience at all. The only thing I enjoy is the lunch break because I leave the building. They have a high turn over rate which says a lot. Don't waste your time here. You can do better. I plan on leaving a.s.a.p.
Pros
they buy pizza once in a while.
Cons
no advancement, low pay, wears your health down
Hard Rewarding Work with a Quick Axe
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJanuary 22, 2013
I enjoyed placing purchase orders and forecasting needs. Upper management is quick to stereotype workers as a fit or not a fit without trying to utilize strengths and differences of workers. They were extremely inflexible as everything had to accomplished using "best practices". New ideas were not encouraged. Minor issues with subordinates were always raised to the GM level. The hardest part of the job was the continual need to explain and justify every action with documentation.
Pros
benefits were great, free lunches, golf outings, rewarding work
Cons
micromanagement, fingerpointing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunzl Distribution. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9