Bunzl Distribution

Bunzl Distribution Employee Reviews

Worst work environment I have ever been in
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, co-workers
Cons: Management
This company is not about the employees as they say it is. It is about the bottom line. There is a feeling of gloom and doom in every department. Co-workers were pleasant but very unhappy. Policies were made up or changed at random at the regional level. Raises were miniscule.
Stay far far away
Account Manager (Former Employee), Romeoville, IlMay 21, 2015
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management berates and belittles the staff piling on ridiculous work loads and making outrageous demands. And guess what? They treat their customers just as lousy. I really don't know how they stay in business. When the customer goes elsewhere due to lack of support and service, they look to blame everyone on staff. How do you explain that being out of product and not providing even a glimmer of respect or support to your clients is the reason they leave? Left this place for a lower paying job and it was the best decision I ever made.
Great company to work for
Customer Service/ Inside Sales (Former Employee), Maryland HeightsMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free product given out from food shows and vendors
Cons: Sales quota to be met
Very fast paced and fun working environment. Close knit group of co-workers. On any give day, we might have visitors to break up the monotony. The most challenging part of the day would be to sell overstock product to customers. I have learned to be even more steadfast, in my every day approach.
Bunzl
National Accounts Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 18, 2015
Cons: pay isn't good
I wear any hats in this job. Run sales Reports, send out commuications for National Accounts. I love the people I work with.
International Buying and Planning Experience
Senior Import Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 14, 2015
Three years International Buying and Planning experience, coupled with Fashion Retail and International Trade background. Strong analytical, relationship management and team building competencies. Strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
Workplace Bullies
picker/packer/processor (Former Employee), dresden, tnFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: poor management, long hours, bullies
Workplace bullies thrive here. I was targeted by an employee and his niece for months and nothing was done until they finally got me fired and bragged about lying to get me fired on facebook. I brought the facebook post to bunzls attention but nothing was done.
management doesn't care about their employees. One worker does the work.of 2-3 people with no advancement opportunities. Work days are 12 hour days 6 days a week. 1 week vacation after a year and 2 weeks after 5. Sorry excuse for a company. Terrible place to work.
Productive fun place to work
order picker/forklift operator (Former Employee), salt lake city, UtahFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: matching up order number and products.
Cons: not enough hours.
Pick orders, build pallet with requested products, shrink wrap order pallet and set in shipping area. I liked the team that i worked with, and also driving the forklift.
No room for advancement
Customer Service (Current Employee), Tracy, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: no room for advancement.
No one leaves this company unless they retire. They don't care about their employees. One employee does the work of 2 or 3 people.
No social life
Order Puller (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, low wages, long hours
The job description does not accurately portray your duties...takes at least 3 years to get at least a $1 raise....very long hours and under paid. I will never come back to this company once I leave.
It's ok.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 31, 2014
The work enviornment is great. Lot's of work to be done and there's always overtime mostly everyday.
Productive and fun place to work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 10, 2014
Great company to work for. Provided good training and positive atmosphere.
Steady work enviorment
Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORFebruary 21, 2014
The job was fine, not really wanting to say much else about it
Absolutely insane!
Selector/Forklift operator (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: tons of ot
Cons: mandatory tons of ot!
Supervisors are absolutely the meanest, nastiest, rudest people I have ever come across. Not that bright either
Has a lot of great people.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Sumner, WASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: monthly employee lunches
Cons: lack of commumication between depts. not very much training.
A typical day is answering emails and phone calls. Inputing customer orders. Assisting the sales team. Researching products. Assisisiting customers with any issues. Working with the Operations dept. to make sure orders go out to deliver on time.

I've learned so much about customer service and how to communicate with other depts. Also, have learned about the distribution business.

I've had some good and bad managers.

Co-workers are a great group of people. I've learned a lot from being around them.

The hardest part of the job is not always being able have the answers for the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work there.
Fast paced company that looks for efficiency ideas
Director - IT Infrastructure & Systems Support (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOJuly 24, 2013
Pros: fast paced and exciting due to company growth
Cons: family time can be limited
This is a very fast paced company. If you are looking for a simple 8hr day job this is not the company for you. If you are looking for a company where hard work and dedication is financially rewarded then this is the company for you. Expect a minimum of 60hr weeks with interruption during vacations and holidays. This is due to the size of the company versus the size of the staff. You earn your money at Bunzl, but Bunzl also rewards for out of the box thinking that provides efficiencies in the company and positively effects the bottom line. Days do not drag at Bunzl, they move at the speed of light with many interesting projects to work on and minimal meetings. You spend time in meetings so a job can be completed, but meetings are not called unless necessary. Each person is expected to understand their responsibilities and deliver on them.
An eventful and learning environment.
Service Provider / Driver (Current Employee), Colfax, NCJune 26, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: long hours, lack of communication.
Excellent place of employment for drivers looking to have a productive, friendly, and secure working environment. Great pay, excellent benefits, and all around great place to work.
Fun and professional
Shared Services / Accounts Payables (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2013
In loved this career. Unfortunately I had to temporarily move out of state and had to respectfully resign.
Great company to work for
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 13, 2013
Pros: treated employees well
Cons: couldn't mingle with co-workers during working hrs
Learned a lot about the paper & janitorial products, co-workers very friendly, Management really didn't bother you they respected your work space & habits to get the job done.

Month end always came around and the workload was much heavier than a typical day.

Enjoyed meeting everyone in the company
Poor management
Order selector (Former Employee), Anaheim caApril 10, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor management, no team play, workin from 4pm-3am
management is the worst in this company, no communication, no team play, favortism towards family or friends, if you dont suck up to the boss you will have a hard time here, long unrewarding hours.
Hard Rewarding Work with a Quick Axe
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Fridley, MNJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: benefits were great, free lunches, golf outings, rewarding work
Cons: micromanagement, fingerpointing
I enjoyed placing purchase orders and forecasting needs. Upper management is quick to stereotype workers as a fit or not a fit without trying to utilize strengths and differences of workers. They were extremely inflexible as everything had to accomplished using "best practices". New ideas were not encouraged. Minor issues with subordinates were always raised to the GM level. The hardest part of the job was the continual need to explain and justify every action with documentation.

About Bunzl Distribution

Products provided by Bunzl Distribution USA can keep your deli from getting smelly. The company suppliesĀ plastic packaging and – Read more

Bunzl Distribution Salaries