Bunzl Employee Reviews in United States

Warehouse Associate at Bunzl (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 28, 2016
Great co-workers and felt like a team atmosphere. Good pay and benefits as well. Would be able to find a good pace to work at throughout the day doing our normal business duties.
Pros
would buy us lunch once in a while.
Cons
short breaks, constant rule changes.
it ok till the new boss got power bad news for all people that was not his skin color
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 29, 2016
start 4 am

all about warehouse operation

co workers ok

time to do trucks

overtime

work late

hours great

great pay for the work you do
Pros
lunch
Cons
Boss racial
Terrible Place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 29, 2016
Training is inadequate. Long hours and I mean long..day turns into night. Treat their drivers like dogs. Pay is so so but for the hours you work not really that great. The other drivers were great.
Don't keep there promises!
Local / OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Lithia Spring, GAMay 12, 2016
They sell you on the company being a great place to work. But don't live up to there expectations or promises. They want you to do more work in less time. management worry more about time than customer service.
benefits
Cons
cut back on hours
fun work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day at work consist of picking orders. I learned to drive a cherry picker. The co-workers were nice and good people to work with. the hardest part of the job was making sure boxes don't fall.
Good company/ understaffed though
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. LouisOctober 8, 2015
Solid company, but in my opinion grew too large and management lost sight with bottom employees. They like to operate on an minimal employee basis. In cause overwhelming departments.
Pros
Benefits, my fellow co- workers
Cons
Unwilling to listen to lower departments
Over all strong company with very good benefits
Sales of Food Packaging and Jan/San (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJune 10, 2015
Bunzl is a growing cash strong global distributer. World HQ in London and North America HQ in St. Louis. They have over 80+ locations in the US alone. Many career paths are available.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Manegement
No care for human life. 70 hour weeks, week after week
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  West Boylston, MAMay 19, 2015
Very poor environment, safety is not considered. 16 hour shifts day after day. Pay is decent but going in at 2PM and not getting out until after 6am sometimes leaves you too tired to safely drive home. Overtime is mandatory. Part of a very poorly run self serving union.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No life, no time with family. Sleep and work THAT'S IT!!!
Hard place to work at with odd and shifty hours.
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 6, 2014
The people and management are friendly and easy to work with. Hard place to work at with shift supposed to be 4pm to midnight byt sometimes doesn't end until 5 or 6 am.
Pretty fast paced, easy to follow tasks.
Only recently, all work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 20, 2014
When I first started, all was new and wonderful. That lasted for the first 19 years. The last 3 years have fallen apart; the culture had a major negative shift and the fun stopped. There are still some wonderful people working there but are quite unhappy.

I've learned that world domination isn't the only driving force that makes you happy. Stop and smell the roses doesn't exist there anymore.
Fast paced work. Great benefits
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 23, 2014
Was a nice place with room to grow and advance. Always had work to keep us busy. Overtime was not mandatory but available during busy season.
Pros
great benefits. friendly work place.
Cons
lound enviroment.
Company expects you to have no life other than work.
Receiving Clerk / Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH.September 26, 2014
Company doesn't hire needed staff. The workload is overtime every day of the work week, 10-12 hour days. no loyalty to employees.
Pros
company does give thank yous in catered meals.
Cons
long hard days, understaffed.
Lot's of overtime!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2014
Great Pay!! Good people to work for. yes the overtime is here!!!
Ok as long as you are ready for long hours.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 8, 2014
Nice for a warehouse union workplace. Always had lots of work to do very busy.
Bunzl-Monmouth, NJ
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Jct, NJJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at Bunzl was anything but typical. Days for a Supervisor lasted as long as 18 hours a day with no extra compensation. I was hospitalized twice during a three week period and missed work due to poor working conditions and Management. I was put on a 12 hour a day restriction the first time and a 10 hour restriction the second time to recover and regulate my Diabetes. After my restrictions ended, I returned to work full duty only to be relieved of my position. Comp time was promised and accrued and then taken away. Management had a strong arm hold on Supervisors and held your job over your head daily.You were constantly threatened no matter how well you did. All Shipments were made nightly usually extending into a 12-15 hour day. There were no minimum selecting requirements in a Union environment. Management held the Unions wishes and regards over what seemed to be the companies and Supervisors well being.Expectations of the Supervisors were to write 10 Daily Employee Reviews and find the faults of employees. This was done by all 4 Supervisors with no discipline to follow regardless of what was written.Despite my experience with the Management at Bunzl I would return to work for the company at a different facility if offered. I don't hold Bunzl responsible for the lack of respect, caring, or training of the Management in Monmouth Jct, as they are probably not aware of the issues that get buried there. Management does a great job at hiding things
Bunzl is a great company and as stocks and profits show, doing very well. The Monmouth Jct. facility needed to make great
  more... progress in its Management team and its progress of working with its Supervisors.  less
Pros
great company
Cons
management
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy njMay 28, 2014
I worked at the Perth Amboy location for almost two years. I was required to operate 48 foot trailers in the Bros of Ny. The company strives on safety but the equipment continually breaks down and takes for ever to get fixed. As far as the management I have never met a bunch of two faced phonies in my life they refuse to own up to the companies shortcomings and always push the blame on to its drivers. If you don't believe me stop by the yard around 3pm and ask some of the incoming drivers and let them tell you the nightmarish stories.
Pros
nice group of drivers always willing to guide you.
Cons
the whole job is a con
Productive work environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Good work place with good employees with the drive to help others.
Pros
fun environment to work in
Cons
night shift from the start.
Fast paced Customer Service environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 5, 2014
I was busy from 8am-5pm, there was always something to do. Heavy phone volume, data entry, research and reports to do.

I learned the importance of time management, prioritization and organization in this position.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 16, 2013
Really enjoyed delivering to my customers and the hours that we worked.
Pros
good health insurance and retirement
Productive and Enjoyable work experice
Warehouse Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJDecember 14, 2013
Working for Bunzl was a good experience in my perspective. Even though the hours were long the work wasn't too bad. Working 12-13 hours a day driving a machine and picking orders made us work harder at staying up , staying focused and still getting the job done correctly. Even though we would barley get any sleep we all worked as a team helping each other out whenever possible . I enjoyed working at Bunzl driving the cherry picker .

2.7