BUPA Employee Reviews in United States

nice working place
health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDJuly 17, 2015
i worked almost everyday with 1day off in shifting bases.it is a very nice place to worked with and i easily get along with different people in different countries and nationalities.i learned a lot with my co workers and we work harmoniously.the management were so nice and they treat as fairly.i enjoyed working with them and i loved my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Great Place to work with amazing benefits
Finance-Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2015
Great place to work with amazing benefits. management is good and the company is really into helping their employees and keeping them motivated
Great environment
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2014
Gained experience in processing international claims. Great supervisor always there to help. Lots of team work/communication.
Good working environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros:
Real focus on shared purpose
Nice people and culture

Cons:
Systems! They are out-dated, IT has no BI strategy.
Awesome workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rest-home, Dementure & HospitalOctober 14, 2013
Overall I enjoyed working as a housekeeper for Bupa Care Services.
I liked cleaning, and making sure that people were happy. On some days I would be offered a free lunch but that was only if there were left overs.
The hardest part of the job is whenever there is a sort of sickness spreading around. Cleaning turns into the hardest job since all the residents must then be kept in their rooms and it just always brings me down when i see an elderly down and sick. However continue to clean their rooms and bathrooms just as long as we also follow the health and safety protocols.
Other than that I loved being a housekeeper. I was able to care for all the residents that needed caring as well as getting to know them and their life stories. I felt like the luckiest person knowing that I found the job that was just right for me.
The staffs and caregivers were always so nice and cheerful. They were also helpful to me when in need of help of advice.

The Manager was caring and responsible. She always had time for busy meetings but also for her staff. She helped me each time i visited her for help.
Above all i learned that working in an environment where you are able to connect to everyone is the main cause of improvement to the outcome of your work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dealing with residents mood swings
good
care assistant (Current Employee) –  hillsview nursing & residential homeJune 4, 2013
a typical working day involves meeting the individual needs of the residents at the care home. this ranges from dressing, bathing feeding and more. I have learnt a lot about what it takes to care for residents and am awear of all the rules and regulations that need to be followed, i feel like i am apart of a team and this has helped me gain a number of skills.
Bad managemnt
Currently Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 4, 2013
Bupa UK needs to look at the management and high turnover. Especially in HR. We don't even know who is who in HR. We need consistency and retention. Change the management starting with HR and the leadership.
Pros
company
Cons
leadership & hr
very unprofessional
Manager of Pre-processing claims (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJanuary 4, 2013
A typical work day is long and unproductive - mainly due to poor work practices enforced by upper management. I learned not to expect much from the directors and above and realized that the enviorment was one based on poor principles and lack true knowledge, as an organization in whole (in Miami). My co-workers were lead to believe that their hard work would take them places, yet found themselves in a "hot Mess" as one described already, in a prior review. The hardest part of my job was trying to make my staff motivated as my upper management kept my hands tied. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my staff everyday, as they became family to me.
Pros
seminars and workshops were available often
Cons
hr was probably the worst i have seen in a while
Productive and easy to learn workplace with a good teammates
kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Harts houseJune 3, 2012
My first day at Harts House
So many good things
good
friendly and team spirit
washing up plates and cuttleries
serving the residents tea and water
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long day
A hot mess!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2012
I think I can best sum it up in 3 words: A HOT MESS!!!! It has built a negative reputation as an employer in a very short time of being in Miami.
Pros
it's a job, pays the bills
Cons
no parking provided to employees, and too many micro managers.