BUPA

BUPA Employer Reviews

Good working environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros:
Real focus on shared purpose
Nice people and culture

Cons:
Systems! They are out-dated, IT has no BI strategy.
Awesome workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Rest-home, Dementure & HospitalOctober 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: dealing with residents mood swings
Overall I enjoyed working as a housekeeper for Bupa Care Services.
I liked cleaning, and making sure that people were happy. On some days I would be offered a free lunch but that was only if there were left overs.
The hardest part of the job is whenever there is a sort of sickness spreading around. Cleaning turns into the hardest job since all the residents – more... must then be kept in their rooms and it just always brings me down when i see an elderly down and sick. However continue to clean their rooms and bathrooms just as long as we also follow the health and safety protocols.
Other than that I loved being a housekeeper. I was able to care for all the residents that needed caring as well as getting to know them and their life stories. I felt like the luckiest person knowing that I found the job that was just right for me.
The staffs and caregivers were always so nice and cheerful. They were also helpful to me when in need of help of advice.

The Manager was caring and responsible. She always had time for busy meetings but also for her staff. She helped me each time i visited her for help.
Above all i learned that working in an environment where you are able to connect to everyone is the main cause of improvement to the outcome of your work. – less
good
care assistant (Current Employee), hillsview nursing & residential homeJune 4, 2013
a typical working day involves meeting the individual needs of the residents at the care home. this ranges from dressing, bathing feeding and more. I have learnt a lot about what it takes to care for residents and am awear of all the rules and regulations that need to be followed, i feel like i am apart of a team and this has helped me gain a number – more... of skills. – less
BAD MANAGEMNT
Currently Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), MiamiJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: company
Cons: leadership & hr
Bupa UK needs to look at the management and high turnover. Especially in HR. We don't even know who is who in HR. We need consistency and retention. Change the management starting with HR and the leadership.
very unprofessional
Manager of Pre-processing claims (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: seminars and workshops were available often
Cons: hr was probably the worst i have seen in a while
A typical work day is long and unproductive - mainly due to poor work practices enforced by upper management. I learned not to expect much from the directors and above and realized that the enviorment was one based on poor principles and lack true knowledge, as an organization in whole (in Miami). My co-workers were lead to believe that their hard work – more... would take them places, yet found themselves in a "hot Mess" as one described already, in a prior review. The hardest part of my job was trying to make my staff motivated as my upper management kept my hands tied. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my staff everyday, as they became family to me. – less
Productive and easy to learn workplace with a good teammates
kitchen assistant (Former Employee), Harts houseJune 3, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long day
My first day at Harts House
So many good things
good
friendly and team spirit
washing up plates and cuttleries
serving the residents tea and water
A hot mess!
Anonymous (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 30, 2012
Pros: it's a job, pays the bills
Cons: no parking provided to employees, and too many micro managers.
I think I can best sum it up in 3 words: A HOT MESS!!!! It has built a negative reputation as an employer in a very short time of being in Miami.
hard but satisfactory
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGDecember 17, 2014
It is quiet a hard work but the work satisfaction will be more. I take this job as a challege and thinks it is almost asucess for me. Work atmosphere is good with friendly co workers and clean workplace. The management is satisfactory for me and i do enjoy my work because there is lot of space for communication with various types of people like residents, – more... doctors and family members of the residents. – less
Excellent award winning company. Fantastic place to work!
Member Services Advisor & Report Analysis (Former Employee), Staines Upon ThamesDecember 7, 2014
My typical day would include:
- Giving advice to our members with cover under their particular policy.
- Giving advice & training to co-workers
- Assessing medical reports for our members

I have learnt a vast amount at Bupa but in particular i have gained a vast amount of medical knowledge. I also feel i have brilliant customer services skills and – more... am a team player as this is key within any business.

I have always loved working with other people and helping co workers as i feel this is what makes a business work and also makes my life more enjoyable.

The hardest part of my job was leaving as i loved everyone i worked with and thoroughly enjoyed my role throughout the 7 years but my partner was offered work here in Australia and i want to try something different and expand my skills.

The most enjoyable part of my role would have been talking to different people every day and helping our members stay healthy. – less
Excellent award winning company. Fantastic place to work!
My typical day would include:
- Giving advice to our members with cover under their particular policy.
- Giving advice & training to co-workers
- Assessing medical reports for our members

Fun Office
Member Services Advisor (Former Employee), Salford, ENGDecember 7, 2014
A lot of skills in the art of persuasion, reassurance and empathy were required for this position.
It was very hard work
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Helens, ENGNovember 26, 2014
Pros: nowing you have made someones life easier and mile at the end of the day.
Cons: attichude on some staff, when you have been looking after someone for a long time and they pass away thats hard.
On your feet for twelve hours up and down corridors with residents using hoists and stand aids but the bath the chairs where worst to use. Most of my co workers where good to work with but everywhere u get the fyew that just want you to do it all or man handling so it doesn't take as long this is the reason i left I couldn't work with people who think – more... this behavour was ok. – less
Minimum wage given from a global profit making health company disgusting!
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Sidcup KentNovember 22, 2014
Pros: work colleagues, engaging with residents.
Cons: minimum wage, long hours to earn decent income, no bupa sick pay
Felt unappreciated and unsupported by senior staff and managers, Care managers on 30k a year with bonuses, did not care for care staff, advertise competitive pay which is the minimum wage of £6.50!! other care companies offer better pay rates!!
Bupa do not offer sick pay, no promotional prospects, management are only interested in profits before residents – more... and staff. Worse company i ever worked for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with the residents, and handing in my resignation! – less
Working As HealthCare Worker
HealthCare worker (Former Employee), ENGNovember 21, 2014
Enjoyed the daunting challenge and experience as a Carer in rural Hertfordshire,accompaning elderly residents to Barnet General Hospital,doing Care Plans,commuting from Edgware to Elstree,
Good company to work for
Care Assistant (Current Employee), Darlington, ENGOctober 30, 2014
Rewarding days

Great competent staff.

Good to make a difference to residents and their families lives.
loving helping older people
Caregiver (Current Employee), Levin, NOctober 28, 2014
Pros: i live on site
Cons: can be a heavy job
making sure every resident you have is comfortable and happy and if not finding out what needs are to meet, getting them ready for evening meal.
completing personal hygiene requirements.
settling them in to bed.
completing allotted duty tasks
lucky to have strong management team
excellent co-workers
seeing older people who often have no Families to – more... care for them happy and settled – less
Night staff
Carer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGOctober 28, 2014
Provide personal care to Dementia patients, in a care home environment, to include hygiene and all aspects of personal care and support.
Good
Senior Sister (Former Employee), Horton Kirby, ENGOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks
Cons: benefits
*Good day at work
*Teamwork to succeed
*Good
*Very good
*Challenging
*Exciting
typical day in work
Care Assistant (Former Employee), halewood , liverpool, and warrington, 2008, .October 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work is getting the resdients up in the morning, bathing, dressing, making sure they are well clean, then maybe hositing a resident that cant walk to move into a chair, toileting, maybe food some resident that cant do for them selfs, and making sure they are comfortable.
management is good they are there to hear the needs of what we – more... do, and making thing are good for all staff and the residents and family.
co-workers we work as a team, and making sure if help is needed we give it, and the residents, see a happy place of work from there carers.
the hardest part of the job to me is getting atacthed to the residents, and when they take ill, and its the end of life, that is my hardest part of my job.
the most enjoyable part of my job is seening the resdients happy, and having a laughing and joke with them, – less
Academy Team Manager (Current Employee), Bupa Global, BrightonOctober 6, 2014
Pros: private health insurance, pensions
Cons: work extra hours to get work complete
I started as a Customer Service Advisor 9 years ago and progressed after 3 years to a Team Leader of a Customer Service team then moved to managing the resolutions team and now I am managing the academy team which is all the new starters. I am the lead in recruitment for 2 departments, I then on board the staff, train and coach them and get them ready – more... for their teams. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About BUPA

BUPA is the UK market leader in health and care with a strong international presence. It has 8 million customers in 180 countries – Read more