Bupa Employee Reviews

Great Company
SQL Database Analyst and Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2016
Great Company. Very professional team. I am not a permanent employee and for that reason I am looking for other opportunity in SQL Technology, but it is an excellent place to work.
Good Experience
Medical Claims Analyst - Corporate Care Dept (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2016
When I initiated my career over Bupa it was one of the best companies in the market, soon later management and salary expectations were lowering on benefits among many other issues.
Pros
Good health ins, company culture
Cons
management, favoritism
Dead end
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FLJune 7, 2016
No prospects for growth with this dead end company. Just a slow death as employees are laid off. There is a constant air of fear and insecurity, all the staff are wondering who is next. Management don't care and treat the employees badly, the office is a long way from anywhere in Palmetto Bay where there is nothing to do around there and traffic is a nightmare. It's only a matter of time before this company is gone. Most people stay for a few months and then quit or get laid off.
Cares about employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work. Work Balance is how it should be and the company has great benefits. They offer ongoing training for all employees
Family oriented atmosphere
Project Specialist & Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2015
Bupa is a great place to work with amazing work culture. The company supports healthy work life balance and assists anyone who is willing to grow.
nice working place
health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDJuly 17, 2015
i worked almost everyday with 1day off in shifting bases.it is a very nice place to worked with and i easily get along with different people in different countries and nationalities.i learned a lot with my co workers and we work harmoniously.the management were so nice and they treat as fairly.i enjoyed working with them and i loved my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Good company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2015
This is a good place to work because they have good benefits. The coworkers are really friendly and you can learn all details related to processing of international claims.
Great Place to work with amazing benefits
Finance-Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2015
Great place to work with amazing benefits. management is good and the company is really into helping their employees and keeping them motivated
great benefits
International Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlApril 8, 2015
Bupa is a company that works hard to promote health in the employees, they provide a gym, snacks and massages.

the most enjoyable part was helping my clients
friendly and challenging
Rehabilitation Coach (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NDecember 30, 2014
SHift usually starts with ADLs of the clients followed by prompting them to prepare their breakfast. this session is succeeded by exercises and rehabilitation of clients as per clinicians instructions. lunch and keeping residents back to bed marks the end of the shift. During the shift we, coaches, have to maintain an awesome infection control with hygenic environment around the clients. This may include prompting the clients to mop and vaccum their rooms or by doing them ourselves.
Pros
long resting periods
latest technology
Operation, Credit Control, Senior officer (Former Employee) –  Fianance operationNovember 13, 2014
Worked with Finance operation team, close with commercial finance team as well.
Great place with outstanding work/life balance
N/A (Current Employee) –  Miami, FlJuly 25, 2014
Great place to work and grow, highly recommended.

The office has low employee turnaround, which provides great continuity of projects and processes.
Pros
Best offices in Miami
Cons
Pay should reflect market standards
Great environment
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2014
Gained experience in processing international claims. Great supervisor always there to help. Lots of team work/communication.
Need to value employees more and pay higher
Claims (Former Employee) –  USAJune 16, 2014
No communication between management and employees, need more pay less work, company has employees doing more than one position but getting paid for 1. NO ADVANCEMENT unless your friends with the boss.
Cons
no Breaks only 30 min lunch
Work
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2014
I'm a claim processor : Verification and establishment of domestic/international claims into the appropriate system and process for payment, verification of initial claim information to ensure accuracy of claim processing, resolution of claim issues with the assistance of other departments to meet and exceed customer service objectives, and use ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding for both domestic and international bills.
This company has a lot of favoritsm.
Pros
Company events
Cons
short breaks, no CEU reimbursements, no advancement
Good company with good benefits.
Customer Service/Claims (Current Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FloridaApril 15, 2014
Bupa is a great company to work for, which provide great health benefits, a yearly bonus, pay holidays, and good incentives to their employees.

We work in a professional and friendly atmosphere, in which the combination enables the employees to work more efficiently.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Far from home
Good working environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros:
Real focus on shared purpose
Nice people and culture

Cons:
Systems! They are out-dated, IT has no BI strategy.
working at bupa
Claim Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLDecember 16, 2013
Bupa has been a splendid experience through the 3 years I have been working there.
I had already customer Service Experience ,but in this case, it goes to another level.
On the other hand, I have learned to process claims,international and in house claims,which have been very helpful in terms of knowledge.
Managment in Bupa work together with the workers and flows with the current. We are all a big group and a wonderful team where everyone's opinion counts and we help each other a lot.
Pros
nice working area, team work, great benefits.Love my job.
Cons
very far from home
A Strong and growing international health company
Privacy and Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaOctober 20, 2013
A lot of good people work at Bupa. The company operates throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, so new issues and opportunities are always available and the days are never dull.
Awesome workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rest-home, Dementure & HospitalOctober 14, 2013
Overall I enjoyed working as a housekeeper for Bupa Care Services.
I liked cleaning, and making sure that people were happy. On some days I would be offered a free lunch but that was only if there were left overs.
The hardest part of the job is whenever there is a sort of sickness spreading around. Cleaning turns into the hardest job since all the residents must then be kept in their rooms and it just always brings me down when i see an elderly down and sick. However continue to clean their rooms and bathrooms just as long as we also follow the health and safety protocols.
Other than that I loved being a housekeeper. I was able to care for all the residents that needed caring as well as getting to know them and their life stories. I felt like the luckiest person knowing that I found the job that was just right for me.
The staffs and caregivers were always so nice and cheerful. They were also helpful to me when in need of help of advice.

The Manager was caring and responsible. She always had time for busy meetings but also for her staff. She helped me each time i visited her for help.
Above all i learned that working in an environment where you are able to connect to everyone is the main cause of improvement to the outcome of your work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Dealing with residents mood swings