Bupa Employee Reviews

A Strong and growing international health company
Privacy and Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaOctober 20, 2013
A lot of good people work at Bupa. The company operates throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, so new issues and opportunities are always available and the days are never dull.
Awesome workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rest-home, Dementure & HospitalOctober 14, 2013
Overall I enjoyed working as a housekeeper for Bupa Care Services.
I liked cleaning, and making sure that people were happy. On some days I would be offered a free lunch but that was only if there were left overs.
The hardest part of the job is whenever there is a sort of sickness spreading around. Cleaning turns into the hardest job since all the residents must then be kept in their rooms and it just always brings me down when i see an elderly down and sick. However continue to clean their rooms and bathrooms just as long as we also follow the health and safety protocols.
Other than that I loved being a housekeeper. I was able to care for all the residents that needed caring as well as getting to know them and their life stories. I felt like the luckiest person knowing that I found the job that was just right for me.
The staffs and caregivers were always so nice and cheerful. They were also helpful to me when in need of help of advice.

The Manager was caring and responsible. She always had time for busy meetings but also for her staff. She helped me each time i visited her for help.
Above all i learned that working in an environment where you are able to connect to everyone is the main cause of improvement to the outcome of your work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Dealing with residents mood swings
Good place for bilingual person
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2013
GL reconciliations of asset and liability accounts. Worked with Auditors.
Productive, Non Stop
Exec Asst to Sr. VP Sales  (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2013
A typical day can include various trips to be planned, various meetings and expenses to be approved.

The thing I love most is my team. My bosses and team mates make it easy to come to work and enjoyable.
good
care assistant (Current Employee) –  hillsview nursing & residential homeJune 4, 2013
a typical working day involves meeting the individual needs of the residents at the care home. this ranges from dressing, bathing feeding and more. I have learnt a lot about what it takes to care for residents and am awear of all the rules and regulations that need to be followed, i feel like i am apart of a team and this has helped me gain a number of skills.
Not a good place to work
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  MiamiApril 8, 2013
Not a good place to work. Not clear strategic direction. Uncertain future for the business.
Executive Assistant to COO
Executive Assistant to COO (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2013
I was responsible for the office of three Executives, and Directors of the Department of Operations.

My responsabilities from calling the coffee lady, to making daily travel arrangements, receiving phone calls, setting up daily meetings, arranging agendas, having direct contact with the Legal department regarding contracts and legal documents etc, I will say my job is fun and exciting everyday there is something different to do and learned. I touched different parts of the organization which makes it excited.
Pros
gain knowledge
Cons
sometimes people take advantange.
Bad managemnt
Currently Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 4, 2013
Bupa UK needs to look at the management and high turnover. Especially in HR. We don't even know who is who in HR. We need consistency and retention. Change the management starting with HR and the leadership.
Pros
company
Cons
leadership & hr
very unprofessional
Manager of Pre-processing claims (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJanuary 4, 2013
A typical work day is long and unproductive - mainly due to poor work practices enforced by upper management. I learned not to expect much from the directors and above and realized that the enviorment was one based on poor principles and lack true knowledge, as an organization in whole (in Miami). My co-workers were lead to believe that their hard work would take them places, yet found themselves in a "hot Mess" as one described already, in a prior review. The hardest part of my job was trying to make my staff motivated as my upper management kept my hands tied. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my staff everyday, as they became family to me.
Pros
seminars and workshops were available often
Cons
hr was probably the worst i have seen in a while
Helpful and simple
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kestrel HouseAugust 1, 2012
Good and friendly environment. Hard working team members.
Pros
in house training
Productive and easy to learn workplace with a good teammates
kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Harts houseJune 3, 2012
My first day at Harts House
So many good things
good
friendly and team spirit
washing up plates and cuttleries
serving the residents tea and water
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long day
A hot mess!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2012
I think I can best sum it up in 3 words: A HOT MESS!!!! It has built a negative reputation as an employer in a very short time of being in Miami.
Pros
it's a job, pays the bills
Cons
no parking provided to employees, and too many micro managers.
Provider Services Executive
Provider Services Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, Fl and MexicoFebruary 29, 2012
There is no structure in the company. They tend to follow the guideliness of Latin America and not the US, making it very difficult to work.
Pros
good company to work for, they offer allot of benefits
Cons
no structure