Burberry Limited Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 23, 2017
Typical day at work was fighting for customers, majority of Chinese. So if you speak mandarin your a step ahead of the game. I learned a lot at this company such as product knowledge. How to service customers and judging how by there pace as a shopper. Management can be great at times but a new manager can change it all but that is how it is in most companies. Hardest part of it all as a sales associate of course would be the sales quota needed to be reached which as a this location numbers went up every year by a good amount due to the rising of the volume and sales. At the end of the day the most enjoyable part was getting to go home.
Wish I could still work here.
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VictoriaJuly 10, 2017
A wonderful opportunity to work for this company. The employees and the work life was a beautiful Chemistry. Of course, the clothes were superb. I recommend working here for anyone.
Productive job
Creditor Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vineland NJJune 28, 2017
Working at Burberry has been one of the easiest jobs I have ever obtained. Very repetitive work and slow but takes excellent skills to get the job done.
Horrible Managment, not willing to work with you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 13, 2017
Overall great place to work however, terrible management. Burberry culture is great but need to work on managers who do not know how to speak to people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Terrible Management
Cool job to work while Im in school.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  57th streetMay 5, 2017
Cool job to work if you are in school. As far as advancement within the company, it is very achievebale depending on your work ethic and attitude. Salary is okay. Benefits are okay.
Pros
Location easy to get to from the train.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 1, 2017
This is one of my best retail experiences I've ever had. It is a fun environment, great opportunity for career and personal growth. Burberry is very caring towards their employees providing great benefits.
Amazing Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2017
Amazing compensation and benefits. Have met and worked with some wonderful people. The position's workload is large. Work/life balance can be a challenge at times.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Workload, Hours
A sad story of love gone wrong
Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 24, 2017
Long story short... I thought this was going to be my dream job. Nearly 3 years later it was one of the most traumatic retail experiences of my life.

What they say is true, management has a lot of turn over so when one likes you .... they are soon gone ... only for another person to come in and play politician. I had the combination of worst most unprofessional managers I've ever worked with in my 10 years of retail management.

A lot of turnover in this company all across the nations and the highest in in the Americas. I know this because I was a manager.

Company culture is poor. Brand is nice - outerwear is fantastic of course. Benefits are pretty good - not the best I've had but top 3.

I would not gamble your future here if you're looking for advancement or a career.

This place broke my heart.
Pros
Nice discount, benefits, uniform provided
Cons
No peircings tattoos or fun hair, everyone has to have the same look, gossip, politics, discrimination
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2017
There is a lot of freedom working for this company, I like it so far. Big chance to grow and become someone better, flexible hours and the people are very nice.
Benefits
Unprofessional work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2017
Stay away from this company , unprofessional environment and management.
Manager is very unfrofessional, unfair, only hires his friends and help them by giving them the best clients .
Dynamic and innovate luxury fashion experience
Luxury Manager of Sales - Retail Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2017
Teamwork was valuable. A leadership mentality is key. Strategic planning is the heart of Burberry. Forward-thinking and creative environment. Created unique experiences.
Awful
Sales Lead Manager / Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2017
Not fun. Management is all politics and don't help you succeed. In order to get discount you have to sin up for a saks credit card with 30% interest. Scam
Boring!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I have a lot of work experience in luxury fashion so my expectations for a brand like this were high. During the interview process, I told them that i needed to be making more than my previous job. They said okay but still offered me a very low compensation. I guess they offer this hourly wage to all new hires. Since this was the case, I needed to make up for my compensation with my commission. The store I was placed in was extremely slow. Sometimes only a handful of customers would walk in and not one of them would purchase. It was very difficult and I was not making enough money at all. The people I interviewed with told me not to worry and that I would be making a lot more than my previous job. after 6 months, I asked to be transferred to a different location since my previous job was at a flagship store on the upper east side and I still had a lot of clients who I kept in contact with. They would not transfer me so I left. Other than a poor compensation, there is absolutely nothing to do in the boutique. for the day we would all keep busy on the iPads and try on clothes. not much to clean up because no one came into the store! I must say that I love this brand and the merchandise but it is just way too boring and somewhat meaningless to work here.
Pros
good health care, a lot of pto days
Cons
boring, poor compensation
Awful
Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2016
Awful company. Pay is garbage and so are the management and it isn't so luxury anymore, clothing was poor quality and most of it is made in China
Terminated Due to Pregnancy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 10, 2016
At the beginning Store Mgr was great, once I became pregnant and had complications
Not so nice, had other managers, make stuff up. Horrible Store Mgr
Seasonal
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 28, 2016
I was a seasonal employee in the winter of 2011. As such, I did not work there long enough to really learn much about the company or how its employees are treated. I was only there temporarily.
Applied to Seasonal
Blah (Former Employee) –  BlahNovember 4, 2015
I was send a rejection email. How about just not calling. I thought Burberry would have a little more class. I will never shop at Burberry again.
Job With Burberry
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 25, 2015
During my time at Burberry was amazing. The company really does care about their associates. Great Benefits and wonderful accommodations. I recommend working for this company to anyone.

However, you have to be sure you want to be in sales or not. Because Burberry has a policy that if you don't make your sales goals or come within 10% within a four month period you are terminated.
Pros
Great Breaks, Vacation opportunities, Healthcare.
Cons
Dental and vision, hours, management
Productive full place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2015
Proactively developed sales by selecting an appropriate range of options for customers, providing great product knowledge by overcoming objections and offering suitable additional items
Strived to meet individual sales targets, while maintaining the highest standards of visual merchandising, housekeeping and retails standards within the store
great work place, fun stuff great compensation
Sales and Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
I work with this company for 9yrs I enjoy working for Burberry, my co-workers was great. We get compensated for the great work we did, such as store vouchers, extra discounts, extra days off, birthdays off, stocks, free breakfast every Saturday mornings, bonuses at the end of year. It was overall one of my best job.
Pros
free lunches, fun place, employees fashion shows, free products
Cons
poor managements