Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Excellent Company- Opportunity for Advancement Limited
Program Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: flixible work environments, competitive compensation and benifits
Cons: management out of touch with employees, working on-site leaves you to have little or no in-person support
Bureau Veritas is an amazing company. As an On-Site (working at a client's location) opportunities for advancement are limited.

Compensation and benefits seem comparable to other similar companies, I would recommend working here.

Management team is good, however profitability being the bottom line sometimes makes for bad decision making.
friendly people to work with
Associate Product Test Engineer (Former Employee), Amherst, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: bonuses, some free lunches
Cons: project priorities changed continually
typical day is 8 to 4:30, with 30 min lunch and no set breaks.
I learned several key testing methods plus CPR training
Management was ok.
Co-workers were great to work with.
Hardest part of the job was getting broken or old equipment to work properly
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Internship
Field Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee), Rahway, NJDecember 15, 2013
Pros: chance to work on various jobs.
Cons: travelling
good place for internship.
Will get more chance to work on different projects.
Co workers are good.
Comfortable attmosphere with most employees
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Amherst, NYDecember 13, 2013
Enjoyed working there for the short time I was there, being a temporary postion.
Fair Company
Engineer (Former Employee), Littleton, MADecember 3, 2013
Pros: not much
Cons: salaries
Fair company to work. As long as you do your job you are ok. Management is ok
International Work Atmosphere with Scientific Laboratories
Sample Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: team work, good benefits
Cons: constant change, under manned work force
After the company brought in an international team to reconstruct the business model to a more international way of thinking, the moral of the employees has unfortunately taken a sour turn. We, as in my Sample Control team, are required to open all packages from UPS, FedEx, and DHL, also all freight trucks that arrive. We then must organize all product, and for the rest of the day log the vendor information into our companies database. Throughout the day we also deal with all out going mail via UPS, FedEx and various trucking companies. We are required to handle issues within our department and outside of our department because of the fact that we are the first step of the process and see all 300 packages that come in on a daily basis.

The team I work for, are some of the hardest working individuals within the work place. We are required to have all task done before days end. This requires us to work 10-12 hour days.

What I will take out of this company, is the knowledge that I have obtain on how to multitask on a continuous basis. The information may be overwhelming due to the change, but it keeps you sharp all work day long.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, and I'm sure this gets said a lot, but the coworkers you engage with on a daily basis. These people are here to come together and work as proficiently as they can. Though it gets overwhelming, the team work aspect can not be overlooked, and the bonds that you can make are special.
Great benefits
Collections Manager (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 25, 2013
Great work environment with opportunity for growth. Management takes time to understand employees needs.
Very high ethics standard.
Director, Strategic Accounts (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 21, 2013
Pros: quality staff.
Cons: 24/7 job.
Very high ethics standard and technical depth with over 940 offices in 140 countries.
I enjoyed my time at BV, and hope to find a new position similar to it.
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT / OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 16, 2013
Pros: very organized and excellent software resources.
Cons: decentralization of organization
Busy is an understatement, however the busy days were always welcomed. From payroll, billing, AP and general office tasks there was always something that needed to be done. In addition to the daily tasks, I also became more knowledgeable of contract language and government requirements.
Sinking Ship
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Novi, MIMay 13, 2013
Pros: easy starter lab job
Cons: terrible pay, inattentive management, sub-par instrumentation, unrealistic expectations
My job consisted of floating between laboratory positions. I worked in GC/Mass Spec, Extractions, and HPLC.
When I was there, management was scarce.
The hardest part of the job was that we were working with broken or sub-par instruments & could not get funding for a better quality lab.
The best part of the job was the people - fun loving, hard working, & friendly. Unfortunately, they have all left & the department I was hired for has been shut down.
Overall... good consulting company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COApril 8, 2013
Large environmental firm with good resources and protocols, and SOPs.
BV hired some managers than was not aware of there job
Site Safety and Environmental Manager (Former Employee), Venice La.March 25, 2013
Pros: good emp;oyees under me
Cons: lots of hours
This was during the BP oil spill we worked a lot of hours in adverse conditions
Very interesting work environment.
Certified Building Inspector for Georgetown (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 5, 2013
Pros: interaction with military community.
Cons: very long commute from by home in thornton.
Never a dull moment. Really enjoyed working construction activity at Fort Carson and the US Air Force Academy. Tremendous experience with plan review and on-site inspections.
Multiple business units, worked at corporate headquartes
Director HR (Former Employee), plantation floridaFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: working environment
Cons: drive from west palm beach
Varied assignments.. challenging employee relations issues.
Productive work days
Test Technician II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2013
A typical day at work consists of testing for specific clients, reviewing the data, and then sending out the reports. I learn new things everyday about not only testing, but about what clients expect from us. The hardest part of the job is making sure our turn-around time is 100% everyday. The most enjoyable part is being able to work with an amazing group of people who help each other out no matter their workload.
Great Company
Cargo Surveyor (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee), Chicago, IL areaJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: constant updates on regulations
Cons: i wish there was more work
This is the second time I've worked for BV as an independent contractor. Management is very professional and constantly striving to improve all aspects of service. Company ethics are second to none. I'd like to work for BV full-time.
Not good company to work now untill re-engineering is done.
Middle (Former Employee), USADecember 21, 2012
Pros: nothing left
Cons: groupism and politics is eating bv very fast.
Bureau Veritas is sinking slowly slowlly. Great culture is detoriating day by day. Maturity of some high level management is not matching with their position. Topmost leaders are good but too busy to understand ground reality.
Stay away!
Support Staff (Former Employee), MidwestNovember 28, 2012
Cons: too much foreign intervention in us offices
Management is ineffective and an overall joke. Employees are expected to give 1000 percent but are poorly paid, and not treated well. Not a friendly office envirornment.
Great Place with Great Employees!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2012
Pros: fun people!
Cons: short staffed!
Great Place with Great Employees! I started in July 1998 and have enjoyed each and every day with them!

Executive Assistant, Project Accountant (AR), Analyst, Process Controls Administrator...I wear a lot of hats!!
More than 21 years of Practical working experience in Civil Engineering Background.
QA/QC Supervisor (Current Employee), Mecca, S02September 20, 2012
Pros: rare free eatings.
Cons: always taking care for health safety.
No Any Typical Day.
No any body is 100% perfect.
Ready to work under Senior management.
I am always remembering my co-workers.
Not yet.