Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employer Reviews

I enjoyed my time at BV, and hope to find a new position similar to it.
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT / OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 16, 2013
Pros: very organized and excellent software resources.
Cons: decentralization of organization
Busy is an understatement, however the busy days were always welcomed. From payroll, billing, AP and general office tasks there was always something that needed to be done. In addition to the daily tasks, I also became more knowledgeable of contract language and government requirements.
Sinking Ship
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Novi, MIMay 13, 2013
Pros: easy starter lab job
Cons: terrible pay, inattentive management, sub-par instrumentation, unrealistic expectations
My job consisted of floating between laboratory positions. I worked in GC/Mass Spec, Extractions, and HPLC.
When I was there, management was scarce.
The hardest part of the job was that we were working with broken or sub-par instruments & could not get funding for a better quality lab.
The best part of the job was the people - fun loving, hard working, – more... & friendly. Unfortunately, they have all left & the department I was hired for has been shut down. – less
Overall... good consulting company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COApril 8, 2013
Large environmental firm with good resources and protocols, and SOPs.
BV hired some managers than was not aware of there job
Site Safety and Environmental Manager (Former Employee), Venice La.March 25, 2013
Pros: good emp;oyees under me
Cons: lots of hours
This was during the BP oil spill we worked a lot of hours in adverse conditions
Very interesting work environment.
Certified Building Inspector for Georgetown (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 5, 2013
Pros: interaction with military community.
Cons: very long commute from by home in thornton.
Never a dull moment. Really enjoyed working construction activity at Fort Carson and the US Air Force Academy. Tremendous experience with plan review and on-site inspections.
Multiple business units, worked at corporate headquartes
Director HR (Former Employee), plantation floridaFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: working environment
Cons: drive from west palm beach
Varied assignments.. challenging employee relations issues.
Productive work days
Test Technician II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2013
A typical day at work consists of testing for specific clients, reviewing the data, and then sending out the reports. I learn new things everyday about not only testing, but about what clients expect from us. The hardest part of the job is making sure our turn-around time is 100% everyday. The most enjoyable part is being able to work with an amazing – more... group of people who help each other out no matter their workload. – less
Great Company
Cargo Surveyor (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee), Chicago, IL areaJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: constant updates on regulations
Cons: i wish there was more work
This is the second time I've worked for BV as an independent contractor. Management is very professional and constantly striving to improve all aspects of service. Company ethics are second to none. I'd like to work for BV full-time.
Not good company to work now untill re-engineering is done.
Middle (Former Employee), USADecember 21, 2012
Pros: nothing left
Cons: groupism and politics is eating bv very fast.
Bureau Veritas is sinking slowly slowlly. Great culture is detoriating day by day. Maturity of some high level management is not matching with their position. Topmost leaders are good but too busy to understand ground reality.
Stay away!
Support Staff (Former Employee), MidwestNovember 28, 2012
Cons: too much foreign intervention in us offices
Management is ineffective and an overall joke. Employees are expected to give 1000 percent but are poorly paid, and not treated well. Not a friendly office envirornment.
Great Place with Great Employees!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2012
Pros: fun people!
Cons: short staffed!
Great Place with Great Employees! I started in July 1998 and have enjoyed each and every day with them!

Executive Assistant, Project Accountant (AR), Analyst, Process Controls Administrator...I wear a lot of hats!!
More than 21 years of Practical working experience in Civil Engineering Background.
QA/QC Supervisor (Current Employee), Mecca, S02September 20, 2012
Pros: rare free eatings.
Cons: always taking care for health safety.
No Any Typical Day.
No any body is 100% perfect.
Ready to work under Senior management.
I am always remembering my co-workers.
Not yet.
Always enjoining.
Very nonproductive place to work
Field Testing Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 30, 2012
Pros: very little supervision
Cons: very bad management
Very bad management. Did not enjoy working there. Was bought put by H.H.Holmes.
I have been fortunate to have BV put so much trust into me and let me learn numerous positions along the way.
Executive Assistant/Project Accountant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: 1/2 day fridays
Cons: it's hard to get time off for vacations with the short staff.
It is a great company to work for. I am interested just seeing what is out there and if there is a position that I am passionate about. The workload has increased by 100% as people leave and the firm not hiring replacements. It is becoming a high-stressed position and vacations are hard to schedule due to the workload demands on us that remain loyal – more... to the firm. I am currently wearing numerous "hats" and it does take a toll on me but I also enjoy working hard and smart. – less
Why elsewhere when we have here
Business Development Executive (Current Employee), AsiaApril 9, 2012
I don't see anything bad here. A great place to work where the mgmt gives strong support and feedbacks whenever is necessary. No micro-managment and free-rein when staff is trusted on the job.

Overall, a highly recommended place to work in if you're looking for prestige and high recognition in the market as BV is one of the global leaders, no doubt!
Stay Away !
President (Former Employee), Buffao, NYMarch 12, 2012
Cons: too many to list.
This company is terrible.
Extremely unprofessional.

I would not advise anyone to work at BV... !
Sr. PW inspector (Former Employee), All over californiaMarch 8, 2012
Pros: head of the industry
Cons: n/a
Ok place, management not that great! very quite office to boring
sample management specialist
sample management specialist (Former Employee), Novi, MichiganMarch 3, 2012
Pros: we were not watched like hawks.
Cons: overtime was not optional, when it was busy you had to stay.
It was a good place to work, the job was fun and different. You were able to get to know the president and the other executives.
Very Structured, but it was a relaxed atmosphere.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Amherst, New YorkNovember 20, 2011
Pros: management was great and very easy to talk to.
Cons: due to the lack of work, i lost the job.
This position I held was a temporary position that only lasted a few months. I didn't really get to know a great deal about everything that went on, but what I did learn seemed very interesting and I now pay closer attention to labels more so now than ever before.
Bureau Veritas, Abu Dhabi
Sr. Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEAugust 8, 2014
• 12 years of work experience in the field of Structural Engineering of various structures in Offshore & Onshore.
• Experience in Conceptual, Design and Detail Engineering.
• Conversant in various types of Pre-Service and In-service analysis for fixed platforms.
• Good knowledge of international standards such as API RP 2A, API RP 2C, API RP 2L, CAP – more... 437, AISC WSD, AISC LRFD and DNV codes.
• Good working knowledge and experience in SACS, USFOS, SESAM GeniE, STAAD Pro, MATHCAD, Micro SAS, Auto CAD, MS Office etc. – less

About Bureau Veritas

Verily, Bureau Veritas says unto the business world: If you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Bureau Veritas provides technical – Read more