Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Good pay, Loyal company easy to learn.
Assistant Manager/Grader (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR, Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
The day starts early before the facility is open to get a head start on grading. This helps the facility know what they are expecting grade wise.
Depending on location, you learn how to run commodity samples through a lab setting. Braking down the sample, putting samples through machines to get moisture, proteins and to separate dockage from wheat, corn, ect.
Management for the most part was good. A few managers i have worked for have not been properly train in management skills. Most have just moved up through the company through hard work or loyalty. This can create problems for workers because you get a "boss" and not a "leader". I just think there should be training courses for management.
Co-workers that i have worked with over 9 years have been great. There has only been one worker that has ever been an issue and he didn't last very long.
The hardest part of the job is harvest season. You're going to put in long hours but the pay off is the overtime. Harvest doesn't last very long though. Can be from 2 weeks to 3 months depending on location and state. Houston has about a 3 month harvest, while PNW has 2 weeks to a month.
The most enjoyable part is the down time. As long as your work is done, no one is going to tell you to do anything. Your boss wont have you grab a broom just because its slow. In this down time you can study for school or read a book.
Pros
Pay, benefits, loyalty, easy work.
Cons
Long hours, proper management training.
Very efficient working on teams
CONSTRUCCION INSPECTOR / INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 7, 2016
They have a great and focused Managers. Rapid response on day to day project problems. Quality of work orientation and client satisfaction is priority.
I had a good experience working as a part of their Teams.
A good company but very complex
Business Development Director, Shale oil Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
Had the privilege of working in BV for one year, a great company but somewhat complex, it takes a lot to navigate the group but if you can master that there are a lot of opportunities
Bureau Veritas
MICROALLOYING-CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
Great overall company, Just looking for more opportunity.

I was a Contractor For Shell Wells group, But as Oil and gas become more Slow due to Overseas, I have to expand my opportunities.
Good Company to work
Vice President of North Latin America (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
The team at Commodities Division (former Inspectorate), is like a great big family, good environment to work.
The hardest part to be a VP is dismiss personnel while the market is down.
During my tenure, top management was a great team.
I learned a lot on the Testing, Inspection and Certification market of Commodities.
Pros
Global minded company
Ok place to work
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77506June 13, 2016
You are exposed to various chemicals all day. I was learning how to repair various lab equipment. My original manager was great then he quit. and my new manager tells me I'm not learning fast enough. It's difficult to learn new equipment when the only chance you get to touch them is when they are down for repair. As with most places some co-workers are great other not so much. The most enjoyable part was learning the new equipment.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
they are not willing to train you
Only Productivity no fun
Snr. QA/QC Engineer/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Trinidad & TobagoJune 7, 2016
(1) A Typical day at work is good because of the experiences are different each day.

(2) I learn a lot because of the different duties I perform and the different portfolios I hold depending on the contract we get.(As I am the ONLY person representing all the Oil companies in Trinidad. I act as Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer, QA Manager, Surveillance Engineer, Risk Base Inspector, Certify Verification Agent etc.

(3) Personally my management skills has grown tremendously over the years. However my management in Houston I lack support from them on a daily basis. They can do much better.

(4) Co-workers, I don't really have as I am on my own in Trinidad.

(5) Hardest part of my job is NOT getting enough support from management, and also working for the pass 3 years without a day vacation or a day sick leave because of no one to hold on for me in Trinidad.

(5) Most enjoyable part of my job for me is the challenge and learning new things almost everyday. and off course when I get a weekend off.
Pros
milage
Cons
health care good
Could be a good place to work if upper management didn't micromanage the local offices from afar.
Inspector / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 18, 2016
If you're a hard worker with any amount of intelligence you can succeed here but you won't be compensated financially. Get hired in at as high of salary as you can get because once employed it is next to impossible to get a raise , the company is fond of promoting from within, without compensation. I liked most of my coworkers and the office's are nice.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Overworked and under payed, upper management is horrible and passes fault to local management
Plenty of room for growth
Asbestos inspector (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 19, 2016
What a great opportunity to be a part of this project. The crew was great and its sad to see it come to an end. I look forward to working with this team in the future.
Pros
We work as a team. Great group of people.
Cons
extreme heat
Respectful
API inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2016
Good company to work for. Very technical. Will challenge you, Many diff areas of fab from down hole drilling to refinery,
Pros
Respectul, always there to answer any questions
Cons
Pay is low and sometimes 3 to 5 weeks late
Productive and demanding work place
Energy Services Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
I worked at Bureau Veritas for a year. Inspectors with experience are in high demand and stay extremely busy. Sometimes overwhelming demands on inspectors. The pay is low for the work required and the management seems to be a bit out of touch with reality.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Poor Management. Low Pay
One of the worst places I have worked at
Admin (Former Employee) –  BVNAFebruary 25, 2016
When I took the job I didn't know much about BVNA had I known I would of never taken the job. Currently working on my way out of BVNA but once gone I will gladly give more details. Management expects you to work more then 8 hours but no overtime. Management also is not open and will stab you in the back any chance they get. They will not promote from within instead hire new people with no experience and put them above you. Pay is below average and benefits are average at best. Lots of turnover as people see once they get their its not a good company. Stay away
Pros
Cons
Poor management with no vision
Not recommended
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Like every company, there are a few bad eggs. Senior management is old school. Company frowns upon anyone working less than 8 hours per day. Common to see people working 14 hour days and still feeling the pressure.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Houston office located in Greenspoint area
supportive and engaging
learned new skills (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Thorough training including ongoing education provided by the employer. Morale events provided by the employer. Generally worked in an area independently but met with the staff every shift. Pay was competitive.
worst place to work , no future
Microbiology lab- Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 27, 2015
no future, lots work compare to the money you get paid, very poor management, lots of competition with very inexperienced people, and most importantly you dont worth anything to the company, no matter how hard you work they dont appreciate your job.
Lots of Support, Average considering. Payroll Dept. Needs Overhaul
Pipeline Coating, Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  AfricaDecember 18, 2015
Work is ok, Transportation is always difficult.
I learned to be patient.
Supportive with words, action is sometimes more difficult within the finance dept.
Co workers are great. Hardest part of the job, Patience and Traffic.
Most Enjoyable part of the job. Co Workers.
Pros
Perdiem, travel, and co workers
Cons
Payroll Discrepancies and Traffic, logistics confusion
Learned alot
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXNovember 25, 2015
I learned a lot regarding troubleshooting of instrumentation. Company culture is very poor. Lying to clients to cover up issues was a regular thing. Employees are severely underpaid and as a result competent qualified staff could not be maintained.
Pros
As much OT as you want.
Cons
NO work-life balance
Nice work environment
Health, Safety and Environmental Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2015
The works hours are very comfortable, my colleagues are wonderful, my boss and supervisors are very supportive and willing to teach you.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
High turnover rates
Good Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 14, 2015
Bureau Veritas Certification is an international company focusing on many areas including ISO certifications. It was a good company to work for, but unfortunately they move the office to TX.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Relocated office out of State
Good place to work with great people.
Procurement Assistant / AR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2015
Interesting place to work. So many different types of companies under one umbrella along with a diversity of employees.
Began as an accounts receivable coordinator while learning and working my way up to a completely different department. "Purchasing and wireless management." The best part of wireless management I was able to learn about the structure of wireless companies and what they have to offer a small or large company with needs from cell phones, internet service, personal devices for job related tasks. My day was always fast changing and never dull.
Pros
Pleasant work environment. Great comrads.
Cons
HR Department not well organized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bureau Veritas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval