Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Summary
Project Accountant/Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 22, 2014
If you're looking for an entry level job or just a normal job, BV is okay. If you are looking for a career or want develop your career, you should look elsewhere. The center of the BV USA world is in Houston, TX and the other 30+ offices are not as important. It's very unfortunate as the company grows employees are less and less important which has resulted in low morale and higher turnover than in the past. They have begun to outsource some jobs to India.
Pros
flexible work schedule depending on your manager
Cons
management out of touch with employees, don't think big picture with employees, no career path, no employee development
Very fast paced environment and poor management
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Awful. That's all i can really say. Great benefits though..
International Work Atmosphere with Scientific Laboratories
Sample Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2013
After the company brought in an international team to reconstruct the business model to a more international way of thinking, the moral of the employees has unfortunately taken a sour turn. We, as in my Sample Control team, are required to open all packages from UPS, FedEx, and DHL, also all freight trucks that arrive. We then must organize all product, and for the rest of the day log the vendor information into our companies database. Throughout the day we also deal with all out going mail via UPS, FedEx and various trucking companies. We are required to handle issues within our department and outside of our department because of the fact that we are the first step of the process and see all 300 packages that come in on a daily basis.

The team I work for, are some of the hardest working individuals within the work place. We are required to have all task done before days end. This requires us to work 10-12 hour days.

What I will take out of this company, is the knowledge that I have obtain on how to multitask on a continuous basis. The information may be overwhelming due to the change, but it keeps you sharp all work day long.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, and I'm sure this gets said a lot, but the coworkers you engage with on a daily basis. These people are here to come together and work as proficiently as they can. Though it gets overwhelming, the team work aspect can not be overlooked, and the bonds that you can make are special.
Pros
team work, good benefits
Cons
constant change, under manned work force
Great place to get started
Ergonomic Specialist/HSE Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
I like working for Bureau Veritas. I have found them to be a great company to get started with. They are very helpful when it comes to your own career and want to see you succeed even if it's not with them.
I have had a lot of advancement & growth
Operations Manager - Power & Utilities (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2014
I started working here back in June of 2004 as a receptionist. Over the course of 10 years I have moved into permit technician work, document control work, executive administrative assistant work, office manager and now operations manager.

I have been the poster child for growth within this organization. Unfortunately, we have hit a time where there really is no where for me to go from here.

I manage a vehicle fleet program, safety program, contracts, HR items, the document control group, financial close meetings, ISO 9001 certification items, and all administrative tasks needed for our group.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
management/leadership
Nice, small work environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 7, 2014
Typical work day was either sitting at a table with 3 others and prepping samples to be tested, or assisting lab technicians with paper work, and recording all sample information and tests.

I learned that even being an assistant is just as important as the people you are assisting.

Management was okay. Would occasionally play favorites considering that their children and their friends were working underneath them.

Co-workers were alright. Environment was small.

Hardest part was such a small work area.

Enjoyable part was the freedom you had with your work. Not difficult and easy to accomplish.
Pros
decent pay.
Cons
not consistent for work
reports, reports, reports
Full & Part Time Marketing Assistant, Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 13, 2015
many departments, movement. however this led to a lot of re-training and learning how to do multiple tasks, nothing seemed consistant. there were great people and parties
Pros
halloween dress up party!
Cons
mundane work
Sinking Ship
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 13, 2013
My job consisted of floating between laboratory positions. I worked in GC/Mass Spec, Extractions, and HPLC.
When I was there, management was scarce.
The hardest part of the job was that we were working with broken or sub-par instruments & could not get funding for a better quality lab.
The best part of the job was the people - fun loving, hard working, & friendly. Unfortunately, they have all left & the department I was hired for has been shut down.
Pros
easy starter lab job
Cons
terrible pay, inattentive management, sub-par instrumentation, unrealistic expectations
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2014
• Present results to clients verbally as necessary (pass results only) to maintain certification
• Monitor on hold submissions and ensure that they are followed up in a timely manner to meet guidelines
• Develop and maintain productive client relationships through professional service and effective communication
• Ensure day-to-day client requests, submissions, problems, issues and complaints are handled efficiently
• Communicate with internal staff on administrative changes to client documentation requirements
• Participate in on-site client visit meetings, conference calls, and manage accounts from business office and home based office
• Provide feedback to the director regarding departmental systems, processes and recommendations for improvements
Fast paced office environment with strict deadlines.
Back Office/Invoicing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYMay 13, 2014
The coworkers are friendly but the environment is very fast paced and high strung due to report deadlines. The hardest part of the job is getting all the reports out by closing time. Most enjoyable part is when everyone is able to leave on time.
Pros
experience to office job
Cons
long hours, stressful environment
Not good company to work now untill re-engineering is done.
Middle (Former Employee) –  USADecember 21, 2012
Bureau Veritas is sinking slowly slowlly. Great culture is detoriating day by day. Maturity of some high level management is not matching with their position. Topmost leaders are good but too busy to understand ground reality.
Pros
nothing left
Cons
groupism and politics is eating bv very fast.
I have been fortunate to have BV put so much trust into me and let me learn numerous positions along the way.
Executive Assistant/Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2012
It is a great company to work for. I am interested just seeing what is out there and if there is a position that I am passionate about. The workload has increased by 100% as people leave and the firm not hiring replacements. It is becoming a high-stressed position and vacations are hard to schedule due to the workload demands on us that remain loyal to the firm. I am currently wearing numerous "hats" and it does take a toll on me but I also enjoy working hard and smart.
Pros
1/2 day fridays
Cons
it's hard to get time off for vacations with the short staff.
They were customer oriented.
Environmental Health and Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Contra Costa and Alameda Counties, California.April 22, 2015
The company overall was a good experience, but did not have adequate work to keep me adequately busy. There were very long stretches between opportunities.
Pros
world wide company
Cons
not enough work in my area of expertise.
Good Place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
BV is a good place to work. Just wish they paid better is all.

Atypical day at work: general Matrix Project Management, have a flexible schedule.
What I've learned: The certification Industry
Management: The management team here is great and easy to work with and for.
Co-workers: Basically the same as any office environment.
The hardest part of the job: Redundancy
The most enjoyable part of the job: Flexibility
Very Structured, but it was a relaxed atmosphere.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, New YorkNovember 20, 2011
This position I held was a temporary position that only lasted a few months. I didn't really get to know a great deal about everything that went on, but what I did learn seemed very interesting and I now pay closer attention to labels more so now than ever before.
Pros
management was great and very easy to talk to.
Cons
due to the lack of work, i lost the job.
friendly people to work with
Associate Product Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 23, 2013
typical day is 8 to 4:30, with 30 min lunch and no set breaks.
I learned several key testing methods plus CPR training
Management was ok.
Co-workers were great to work with.
Hardest part of the job was getting broken or old equipment to work properly
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
bonuses, some free lunches
Cons
project priorities changed continually
Client representative
Client Representative / Administrative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Coordinated- and managed over 250 clients and over 5MM in revenue annually, in delivering strong customer service providing and executing timely certifications and documentation for Multi-million dollar corporation.
-Facilitated internal teams of auditors and technical directors to ensure customer satisfaction was met for timely and accurate customer site certifications for standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS.
-Demonstrated expertise in quality through contract review for accuracy and ensuring strict adherence to specific industry standards, while simultaneously qualifying auditors for audit assignments.
-Provided timely issue resolution in high pressure setting for clients for any disputes, and represented the face of the company to the customer if any breakdown in process from the execution team occurred.
-Acted in Sales function through negotiating with clients to extend existing agreements into longer term contractual services agreements providing additional revenue and margin for the company.
Great Company
Cargo Surveyor (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL areaJanuary 2, 2013
This is the second time I've worked for BV as an independent contractor. Management is very professional and constantly striving to improve all aspects of service. Company ethics are second to none. I'd like to work for BV full-time.
Pros
constant updates on regulations
Cons
i wish there was more work
More than 21 years of Practical working experience in Civil Engineering Background.
QA/QC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mecca, S02September 20, 2012
No Any Typical Day.
No any body is 100% perfect.
Ready to work under Senior management.
I am always remembering my co-workers.
Not yet.
Always enjoining.
Pros
rare free eatings.
Cons
always taking care for health safety.
I enjoyed my time at BV, and hope to find a new position similar to it.
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT / OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2013
Busy is an understatement, however the busy days were always welcomed. From payroll, billing, AP and general office tasks there was always something that needed to be done. In addition to the daily tasks, I also became more knowledgeable of contract language and government requirements.
Pros
very organized and excellent software resources.
Cons
decentralization of organization