Burger King Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,320 reviews matching the search
Great job, not career
Team Member, Pittston Township, PA (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAAugust 30, 2016
This is a great part-time job. I've utilized this position to get me through high school and college due to the high-level of flexibility.

Raises are practically non-existent so don't expect too much.

Extremely high turnover rate, which causes stress to long-term employees who have to consistently pick up the slack of those constant new workers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Good Start
Fry Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCAugust 30, 2016
This job is a great start for a first job, the crew is very inviting and the managers are easy to get along with. The job is overall a great start to the future jobs.
Pros
Discounted Meals, Great Crew, Respective Managers
Cons
Minimum Wage, Not many hours to be had.a
pretty fun workplace until the whole staff got replaced besides me
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2016
This was one of my favorite jobs just because of the work enviroment most of the time the there was a good vibe . Then new staff were put in place i was one of the survivors but some of the new crew gave me a very hard time as if they were doin it on purpose so i put in a two week notice there and got a job at quick service steel.
Pros
great breaks good benefits healthcare, dental .
Cons
Benefits were very high and unnafordable for what you would work for.
Busy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 30, 2016
I ran the register, Purchase of Sales, I answered the phone if I needed to, I kept the area clean and appealing to customers, I received and bagged orders, I have food prep experience, I also was a dishwasher, took out the trash and kept a clean and sanitized bathroom.
great for beginners
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 29, 2016
Greeting customers,getting all the food prepared,learned how to properly make a hamburger sandwich, no one is better then you,i made sure all my co workers can come to me for anything,there was always easy parts at my job,the enjoyable part was people
Pros
discounts
Cons
minimum wage, low hours
really a great place for people who need a part-time job, like teenagers
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaAugust 29, 2016
easy work , not challenging at all, entrance into a working poosition if you are a teenager or maybe court ordered to obtain employment
Pros
food discounts
Cons
not a professional environmentt
Not as bad as people think it is!
General Manager in training (Current Employee) –  Midland, TX 79705August 29, 2016
I've learned that you have to put an tremendous amount of timing, dedication, and responsibility in order to be successful at your job!
Pros
Good amout of hours
Cons
Under paid
My Work Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 29, 2016
Any Usual Day Of Work Should Consist Of Daily Task To Be Completed.
There Shouldn't Be Any Distractions As Employees Focus On The Assignment They Are Given.
Customers Should Be Treated With Respect At All Times
Also Served. Workplace Should Be Clean At All Times.
First job while in high school
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALAugust 29, 2016
Enjoyable work place all around.
Great co workers.
Learned to be responsible with money.
Hardest thing to do is walk away from a rude customer.

Pros
50% meals
Cons
Rude customer.
good job for someone young going to school
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 29, 2016
always busy around breakfast, lunch and dinner. learning different things as I go along. management fair. Got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is cutting the onions. And the most enjoyable part of the job is working and being a part of a team.
Pros
being awarded free meals, they will work with your school schudule
Cons
high turnover, understaffed
OK part time job for kids in high school
Cashier / drive thru (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIAugust 29, 2016
I was going to high school while I worked here.
Good for kids still in school.
Part time work
Pay was min. wage
Loved my co workers
Not a life time career
Pros
Co workers, Hired under 18
Cons
management not a life time career
Fast and fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 29, 2016
Management and co-workers are very nice and personable. This was my first job and they took me in and taught me mostly what I know about human relations and customer service.
Hours were good. The money was lousy but you do what you have to do to make ends meet
Opener (Former Employee) –  Yeadon, PAAugust 29, 2016
If I had to work there again I would if I could not find nothing else. I really did enjoy working there is was just the wages that was horrible
good place to work when you are starting out in the work force
Cashier/Dishwasher/Stocker/food handler (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 29, 2016
I haven't worked there long and I only work part time but a good place to work when you are just starting out in the work force. Well i usually come in and see what needs to be done and start doing that like taking an order or washing dishes, restocking cups and condiment packets. I have to call in every week to see if I'm working that week and sometimes no one calls me back. I learned how to work a cashier and i'm learning the menu and of course I learned where everything is. I think the management could have a better system in scheduling their employees and maybe give more feedback to new employees to know how the person could improve and give new employees more hours so they can be more comfortable working there. The hardest part of the job is when we get a lot of customers coming in at once and you have to be fast.
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 28, 2016
Fun workplace, management was very easy going. Made good friends. Just show up for work and don't fool around when customers are present. Great job for a high school student.
Pros
50% off food
Good first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRAugust 28, 2016
Good first job. Management made it a relaxed and laid back environment in spite of the craziness of fast food restaurants. Overall, a good working place.
it was a buses but fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 28, 2016
I was a fry cook and i work the cash register. i also did all the cleaning and i stocked the produce. We were always buses but we never had a problem getting our orders out in time.
they were slow service i was embarassed to work there
Crew (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 26, 2016
the customer service was trash i did the best i could and i only got paid every two weeks it was terrible people where lazy as ever,the management was garbage
eh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CA 95687August 26, 2016
it was an alright job. good starting job. the boss was not very nice and didnt really care much about his employees. he was more worried about money and self greed.
Fun, but no chances for advancement
Team member (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 26, 2016
Overall I like working here. The reason I quit was because I was hired for a supervisor position but after two years of working as a team member it wasn't worth it to continue. They reduced my hours because I had been working over 30 hours per week and they wanted everyone to be below 30 hrs per week. There's some very interesting people there. Unless you can deal with upset customers and complete your work without constant supervision this job is not for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8