Burger King
7,621 reviews

Burger King Employer Reviews

very productive
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), batesville, msFebruary 28, 2015
this job is very productive, you are constantly making something and doing something at this job. Whether you are a porter, cook, cashier or manager, you are constantly busy. This is a good job to have for someone who is looking for their first job, such as a high school student.
Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Burger King was a nice environment to work at, but the only thing what made me quite this job was distance in they was cutting my hours.
fast food evaluation
Cashier (Former Employee), Livonia, MIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: discounted employee meals
Cons: short breaks disrespectful people
Wasn't the best place to work because of all the problems but im thankful for this job because it was my first job and it showed me a lot working with the public
extremely challenging and diverse
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours at times
great reputable company to work with who for the first 15 years respected their employee s and knew how to make a profit.Worked my way from hourly employee to management so I was respected form my crew and I understood all aspects of the business
Never again
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: everything
Burger King was the single worst working experience I have every had.

I worked in the back making food. When i was doing that, I was cleaning the dining area or I was outside cleaning around the restaurant.

The manager was very inefficient. A lot of favoritism to one particular worker. He fired workers he they questions his unfair treatment or favoritism of that worker. He even fired assistants for confronting this worker.

Hardest part was the long hours. Working long into the night and not being able to catch a bus home afterwards. We would close at 3am and I wouldn't get home until 5am cause I would have to walk home.

There was nothing to enjoy about that job.
burger king was great
Assistat Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2015
over all good company, great management and team atmoshere. I loved working here. A typical day is all about customer service. Burger KIng is where customers can truly have it there way
Working at Burger King from my perspective
Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day for me at Burger King starts with stocking up to make sure I stay rush ready throughout the day. I've learned to cooperate even with the most boisterous customers and to have patience no matter what the circumstance may be. Management is strict and doesn't allow room for a lot of mistakes, which is easily the most difficult part of the job. However, this has allowed me to do my job well in a variety of manners. My coworkers are now great friends of mine, we work as a team on a daily basis to get the job done. My favorite part of working in customer service is being able to put a smile on strangers faces almost everyday.
district manager
District Training Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: working with adults
Cons: working with immature people
I would start my day on the phone from the house obtaining yesterdays figures. sales, labor used and any problems. Arrive at my office about 8am. I learned to get knowledge of the problems that I was going to face that day early, in order to think about it throughout the day to come to a solution and plan of action. My management team, were from the Unit I personally ran as a General Manager, and they were used to my style of management.

Always the harderst part of any job in management is the seperation of a employee or manager. I solved the problem by adopting the attidude that they did it to themselves. I was just the documentator and administrator. I learned that when you decide to terminate a manager, START A PAPERTRAIL. THEN DO IT. If you do not it will come back and bite you later.

The most enjoyable part of a job was was seeing the light bulb click on when training managers. Then to get the desired results
Ordinary
Cashier (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: pay
Job was ordinary. Employees and staff were friendly and helpful. Low pay but not hard work. Good work hours. Interesting job but not fulfilling.
difficult
Opener (Former Employee), schenectady nyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: sometimes managers give a free meal
Cons: only 6+ hours get a lunch no extra breaks
workers disappear during shift
managers play favorites
workers tend to not pay attention
no one wants to clean anything
What it was like working for Burger King
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dexter, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly and fast paced
Cons: sometimes there weren't enough people for the task given
It was fast paced and fun. It challenged me to be better than I was and it taught me how to handle multiple things at once with calmness. I learned what it meant to be a leader, how to handle money, be responsible and how to work well with others, all while adapting to the constant changing of the fast food pace. I was never an outgoing person, but working here took me out of my comfort zone and in doing so, made me more outgoing, it pushed me to become a more open person.
Horrible Experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Management and scheduling was horrible. Manager were stealing and blaming employees. Very rude people not the best environment to work in. Wouldn't suggest it to any one
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 26, 2015
I took customer orders and expedited them. The hardest part of the job was figuring the work schedule out. I enjoyed working with my fellow employees.
Fast paced and fun at times
Cashier (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Come in, clock in and speak to everyone. Wash my hands and count my drawer. Jump into bagging up the customers food and start cleaning from breakfast. I love laughing with my co-workers. It keeps me interested and willing to work.
burger king job review
Crew Member (Former Employee), edmonds waFebruary 25, 2015
For my typical day I helped with taking customer's order and inputting them into the computer for the kitchen to read, call back orders or if there was any special needs for the order, then I would tell the customer how much and then type in how much they gave in the computer and counted back their change and handed them their recpit and told them their order number.
If there weren't many customer I would help with bagging up orders by placing burgers and fries in the bags and handed them over to the drive thru person or load them on a tray for the customer inside.
I would make milkshakes and smoothies, poor coffee,
Sometimes I would working in the kitchen by helping place raw burger patties in the fryer, help make sandwiches and other orders, help keep items in stock.
I would also help sweep up the front dinning area and clean up the tables and windows and chairs, help take out the trash.

I really enjoyed working with everyone their, they helped me out when I needed it and was always there when i asked questions.

The mangers were good they always helped us crew people out when it got too busy and never overstep their bounds.

The hardest part was when I started working the till and had problems finding items and getting the customer order right

The best was the people i worked with and the mangers they wanted me to do my job right
decent job
Cook (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MnFebruary 25, 2015
was an okay job, for fast food
no job security at all whatsoever
and people are pretty lazy every single day
people are inconsiderate coworkers
This job was okay.
Cashier (Former Employee), Battle Creek MIFebruary 25, 2015
Honestly, the management was rude and unprofessional. They got snotty towards employees I feel they didn't like as much, everyone should be treated equally and that didn't always happen there. A typical day there was frustrating but I still tried to make the best of my shifts.
It was a good workplace overall
handling of food, Cashier (Current Employee), Henrico, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Some off the team leaders were unprofessional bringing personal business it stayed pretty busy I picked up alot of other peoples slack but ut wasnt that bad.
Perfection
General Manager (multi-unit) (Former Employee), Laurens, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: meal policy, uniforms
Cons: always on call
Working at BK was like breathing to me. I loved working at BK. I love serving customers good food fast. Seeing customers smile and come back was worth every min.
Productive work area, with good coworkers.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Carson City, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free food, nice co-workers
Cons: around grease all the time, normally hot in the kitchen area.
A typical day at work for me is normally coming into work, saying hello's to the employees, and asking about their days. After that I immediately start to take temperatures on foods. This ensures that all of our food is cooking at the correct temperature, and nothing falls in the danger zone. Once all the temperatures are done usually I will make my way to the front of the store, expediting orders, and helping coworkers take orders. As soon as 5 o'clock rolls around there is usually a shift change about to take place. I then proceed to take out drawers and give new employees fresh drawers. I will balance out all the drawers and continue helping up front. We will clean, stock, and manage a clean store with a friendly attitude. I will then start doing inventory counts, and waste counts.

I've learned many things from this job, I've learned how to balance out drawers, and how to do an inventory count. The one big thing I have learned that I think will take me further places is one thing: Patience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Burger King

The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,000 restaurants in all 50 states and in more than 60 countries and territories – Read more