Burger King Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,667 reviews matching the search
fast and adaptable environment
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 26, 2016
It was nice to have an opportunity working there although the coworkers weren't supportive, I still managed to try my best.
Pros
not much experience, easy trained
Cons
no helpful nor positive coworkers
Preparing food and handling money
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAMay 26, 2016
On a normal day at work i would take orders, prepare food, clean the dinning area, wash dishes,and work drive thru. I learned how to make sandwiches and how to ring up food. The hardest part is during lunch hours because it was very busy. Working drive thru is the best part of the job.
Pros
free drinks
Friendly environment
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMay 26, 2016
Every day at work I was usually tasked with cleaning the eating area & bathrooms. Not the most glorious of jobs or tasks but I got paid for it. I learned really great work ethic, my co-workers were all nice and friendly to me and what I enjoyed the most was having money in my pocket (I was a teenager then, and I didn't have much if any spending cash.)
Pros
Free food and employee discounts
Cons
Didn't have any other benefits like health insurance or dental.
stocking job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAMay 26, 2016
work day begins at 8- ends at 6 pm stocking and store suplies , clean up and trash detail...sweep mop floors and customer service..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
part time only
Productive and fun to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner
Assistant Mgr. (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 26, 2016
Was busy getting ready for the day. Learned customers are hard to please at times. Managers were fair to have a happy environment. Co-workers either liked being there or just in it for paycheck which we tried to encourage doing the job right and putting their best foot forward, which at times was the hardest part. I enjoyed having repeat customers it showed we did a fair job and gave them a great meal.
Pros
Free meals and uniforms
Cons
Hours late at night
This was a very fast pace but fun enviorment.
crew member (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMay 26, 2016
Working in burger king I learned to have patience while also moving in a very fast pace. We would get extremely busy during lunch and sell over $2300 worth of food. depending on what position you were in determined the type of day, for example if you worked in the kitchen it would be hot but your were constantly moving keeping up with the orders, making sure that the product was hot and made correctly. however if you were in the front or in drive thru your day varied on the customers that you had at the moment. Some customers were very pleasant and made working at burger king worth while, while others were a little bit more difficult to get along with however if u persistently showed them a positive attitude usually they would come around.
Pros
free meals if worked over 6 hrs discounted if worked less
Cons
they could only give you 28 hrs in a week
Customer Serivce
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421May 26, 2016
If you need customer service experience fast food is the place to be. You see all kinds of people and you never have one job to do.
Pros
1/5% lunches were fee
Cons
Short breaks
Tiring
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUMay 26, 2016
Check in for work
Count the money in cash register and sign in on the register
Take orders of customers from register
Take payment and give back change if necessary
Help expedite order of each respective customers
When not busy clean work area
Closing Hours
Clean Kitchen
Stock up inventory or shelves
Clean the front area where cash register is at
Sweep and mop the floor at the end
Pros
Discount on items on the menu, free lunches sometimes
Cons
Kitchen can be very hot
Production Leader/Opening Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 25, 2016
Managers are great and they can work with you according to your schedule. I've gained many skills while working at the job such as, communication skills, multitasking, listening in detail, social skills, and working on my attitude. Every co-worker respects one another, it's just a friendly environment to work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, other than that everything is pretty easy. What I enjoy about my job the most is getting to know new people and also see our regular customers happy.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, direct deposite
Cleaner,cook (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMay 25, 2016
It's a job like any other.There are days,you have to work under pression.But my preference above all , this is taking care of patients .
It is a great place for a first job it makes you work hands on and it makes you productive.
Crew Member/Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Watervliet, MIMay 25, 2016
My day at work starts off by going in and helping with things that the other shift couldn't finish, during the days that go by I learned that you have to always do your best no matter what to make things better during the work day. The managers are nice and helpful at some points but they like to sit in the office a lot of the time, I learned even if the managers are just sitting in the office calm down and do the best you can don't ever rush yourself because that puts more pressure on yourself.
Pros
We get 50% off of our meals. Other crew members help as much as possible.
Cons
Managers sit in the office a lot, People get a 5 minute break to smoke but non-smokers don't get a 5 minute.
Not the best job
SHIFT SUPERVISOR BURGER KING (Former Employee) –  Willowick, OHMay 25, 2016
Although the environment was average, compensation was below average, there was no appeal process for disciplinary action and the maturity of coworkers was below average
Slightly Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 25, 2016
Customer service in of itself is rewarding while other times it seemed pointless to be as nice or courteous as possible. I felt like a slave, especially feeling disrespected and challenged towards the end from management. Hence the reason I left.
Pros
Discounted Meals
Cons
Healthcare
i learn how to interact with the people
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 25, 2016
it is a place to learn to do things right and fast and try a lot with

people and you have to work together with a team its a good place for to work but is not too good for to earn.
Underpayed and Underapritiated
Fry Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2016
when i worked there i was always the only one in the kitchen and became very good at running it alone. i was told several times that i was going to be made a shift manager but was never trained.
when i had to get another job because of a pay cut i fell asleep after working a month straight without a day off and missed one shift and was fired, over the phone.
Pros
The rush of being the best
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2016
It's ok, the flexibility needs improvement but overall a good place to work. People are good, location and customers are good, team is usually good.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Flexibility
Not To Bad
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 25, 2016
I liked the job and people there but ended up that what I was told would happen after my further training never happened I had no choice but to no longer work for them.
great place for a first job, but now I'm looking for something in my career
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMay 25, 2016
Working at burger king has been great, I start my shift most likely being on drive thru. I take orders, prepare drinks, collect money, and bag the food. If drive thru is not busy and I have nothing to do I help the front cashier expedite their orders. I learned that not everyone treats you nicely but I learned how to deal with it in a appropriate manor. I got to experience many new things. I learned to communicate well with coustumers and my coworkers, my coworkers are like my family.The hardest part is when we are under staffed and it is a busy day, everything becomes stressful, but at the same time I enjoy a little challenge. The most enjoyable part is getting to work with people who I love and who support me, also caring customers are the best, this taught me that showing care/comfort to costumers means a lot.
Pros
half off meals
Cons
no breaks
Loved working with every one there.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 24, 2016
I had to clean restrooms, take out trash, and take orders.
I learned to count cash faster, and better.
I loved working with my boss, if I did something wrong she told me and showed me how to do it correctly.
My co-workers always taught me when I first arrived I absolutely loved working with them.
hardest part was the breakfast, lunch and dinner rush hours, but I got used to it eventually.
I enjoyed talking to the customers, and helping them.
Pros
customers, employees, and management
Cons
rush hours
Productive and very fast paced
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shirley, NYMay 24, 2016
A normal day would be where I come in count the inventory, adhere to the customers orders at drive thru, work with fellow workers to get the job done as quickly and effective as possible customers are always happy to come to Burger King and talk very well about it I have learned some very useful manager accessories, such as closing and sending the sales and numbers to the District Manager