Burger Lounge Employee Reviews

Horrible Work Environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2017
The management never really knew what to do. My manager would direct me to do something, one of the cooks something completely opposite, and I was tasked with figuring out which order to follow. Never was I given confirmation for the tasks I was doing. On one occasion they even scheduled me the entirety of the day, then sent me home after 2 hours. No control at this place, and glad I don't work there anymore.
Staff is friendly and the guests are amazing!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 22, 2017
Typically weekdays are busier than the weekends because of the office workers around the area. I've learned to manage my staff, make orders, solve guest related problems, and to input invoices as well as manager logs. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you don't receive help from some of the staff I had to put extra effort in making sure the shift ran smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the guests that came in and have personal connections with them and basically being able to make their experience dining in our restaurant exceptional.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
ugh
Maintenance and Beautification Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101July 12, 2017
To many chiefs not enough indians. Overworked BOH and uninformed management. Over priced food and very minimal training for any position. High turn over rate.
productive and fun
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 8, 2017
learned how to prep all sorts of food.
would start off by going down the to-do list when prepping
once its all done you get to eat and leave.
but the dishes and everything in the kitchen had to be clean and uptight.
hardest thing was rush hour
it would get crazy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
couldn't eat till everything was done
Workplace and the food is great
FOOD SERVER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2017
Ive been here for a year now and I feel comfortable in the workplace because of the team and people I know there. They take pride in being professional.
Pros
50% Lunches
Cons
10 Min breaks
Perfect part-time job with no advancement opportunities
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 21, 2017
This is a flexible job with no benefits and little room for growth. It's an excellent job for a student or for a part-timer. Its fairly easy but you are held accountable for various responsibilities.
Energetic friendly environment and right by the beach
Server/Host/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA 90401May 3, 2017
My typical day at burger lounge was very fun, I loved my coworkers which made everything a lot easier. I made sure to greet every customer and go over the menu as detailed as possible. I then would serve their food and always make sure to check on my tables bring the utensils and refills. If it were slow I would keep busy by deep cleaning and prep food. I learned how to multi task and hold my composure while under pressure. Very laid back beach scene. Hardest part about this job was to communicate with your coworkers because of its fast paced environment but we always got it together in the end. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and seeing my customers smile after trying our food.
Good job to gain serving and customer service experience.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2017
This is a fast paced work environment, that requires a lot of personal connections with the guests and staff. Employees learn to communicate and respect both front of house and back of house employees. As a management team, we are pushed to provide the best service by anticipation of needs. Best part of this job is that over time is offered. We also provide food for those who wants to be healthy, as well as those who wants to stuff themselves. The hardest part of this job for those not in management, is when business is slow, staff loses hours.
very pleasant overall work enviornment.
Greeter/food runner/server (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 14, 2017
Working at Burger Lounge gave me a lot of server/food service experience. Before working there, i had about a year and a half of restaurant experience, but only as a host or an expo. At Burger Lounge, they held their employees to a very high standard and ensured that all crew members were being courteous, attentive, and on track. Being a full service restaurant, the guests were waited on by myself and my co workers. We were responsible for refills, extra napkins, grabbing condiments, or anything else the guest may need.
Poductive and fun workplace
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Learned a lot working in a fast pace under pressure restaurant. Management was fine. Workplace culture was fine. The most enjoyable part was being able to get a free lunch meal. They sell the best burgers.
very friendly laid back atmosphere
front of house (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 12, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of having an overall great time
Food was always fresh and made to perfection
loyal customer base
had to be very knowledgeable of the menu and the ingredients in each dish
Hard Place to Work
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2016
This restaurant has a simple menu and the work is very easy. Although it is easy, there is not a proper compensation system or managerial personal.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Not properly compensated
nice place to work but low pay
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJuly 26, 2016
Burger Lounge is an excellent company in which you work in a very nice and family atmosphere, and that is a very flexible company with its workers.
Pros
Free Lounches
Cons
not much variety of food
Fun job
FOH cashier/food presenter (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 6, 2015
A typically slow restaurant until it hits Summer due to the fact that it's a small joint in a tourist spot by the beach, any other time than Summer won't really get you the best hour or pay check. All of my co-workers however are amazing. I love it most when it's busy, but I prefer fast-paced work. It's hardest at slow points of the day since it's such a small place there's only so much you can do.
Pros
half off food, good pay after tips go through
Cons
hours are always unsure