Burgerfi Employee Reviews

Life at BurgerFi
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJanuary 31, 2017
This isn't a good job at all. They were very poor with the management and were very bad when it came to scheduling. The only good thing was that the work environment amongst the employees was good.
Pros
Free lunch, good environment
Cons
Poor management, bad schedul
Cool educatuonal place
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Working at burgerfi you got to learn alot about recycling because the tables were made from milk cartons the food was all natural & tasty
Pros
N/a
Cons
Busy Work place
awesome job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2017
At burgerfi it was good for me i was the only manager on duty making sure everyone is doing what they suppose we to do and a bit more and made sure customer are satisfide
Pros
free food long brakes
Cons
no brakes always cleaning
Good learning experience for my first job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 7, 2017
There was no such thing as a typical day at BurgerFi. Everyday had its own unique challenges since it was a brand new establishment with many flaws everyone learned to overcome.
great food but management makes promise and doesn't do them
Front of House (Former Employee) –  University, FLJanuary 5, 2017
great place to work if you don't mind being yelled at for nothing and them not doing what you asked for on the schedule or hour wise but the co workers are good and drama free environment everything there is super easy to learn so its a good job for beginners
Pros
emp discount
Cons
short hours
bad place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 22, 2016
drama drama managers gets fired left and right !! they dont have management in order so there is alot of work to do with them overworking no breaks at all
Cons
no breaks free food up to $13 limit
smooth
Fry Cook (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2016
better than majority fast food restaurant. clean work environment good managers. just great overall. especially 100 times better then chick-fil-a only thing is no free food omg really
Overall good food and nice atmosphere, terrible management and staff.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2016
During my employment with BurgerFi I was trained on many areas in the restaurant bussiness. There where times where I was required to step in and lead positions I was not titled to in order to keep flow and order in the front of house.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unreliable/un-professional management.
Waste of two years and eight months
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2016
I began with the company when they had first opened their midtown location in Atlanta, Georgia! In the Genesis of working there I started out as a dishwasher but trained on assembly things were going great that was until we had gotten new management and it went completely down hill from there! I was certified in every station from Prep, Grill, Fry, Assembly and Cash/Custard it took them almost a whole year to give me a raise and I did not feel valued as an employee even though I was told by management that I was consistently yet actions never equated to such statements! By the time they brought the third general manager of the store William Hudson in the beginning I thought finally the store would definitely be in order but sadly third time isnt a charm in his case! The store became more unorganized and unprofessional it never was about BurgerFi at that location! Due to it becoming an uncomfortable and hostile environment to work in I decided to resign from there. It just seems like I wasted time learning about the company and the store to be disappointed entirely in the end! I would never work for this company again worse job I've ever had period.
Pros
$13.00 limit for lunch
Cons
No benefits, high turnover rate, Colossal joke of management and supervisors, there are no leaders in the store, unprofessional and unorganized
Upbeat and efficient workplace
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 10, 2016
Great coworkers, with a upbeat workplace. Team driven management. It was a great place to want to go into work everyday. Excellent service to all guest who walk in.
Highly energetic and motivated staff, great atmosphere.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 6, 2016
Working at BurgerFi, I have learned multiple things such as prepping quality food, using high tech registers, and also cleaning and closing duties that I have fulfilled over the past 3 months working here. Being a shift leader, I also have acquired a better management style. Typical days of work consist of me supervising the front of house and making sure that guests are greeted as they walk in and are shown complete hospitality. During down time, I make sure the other cashiers are completing appropriate tasks such as washing dishes, sweeping floors, bussing/cleaning tables, and interacting with guests.This job is not one of the more difficult ones which isn't a bad thing but it doesn't satisfy my craving for a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with guests since I am only enhancing my social skills while also providing the guests with a friendly experience. I also enjoy working along side the great group of people. Overall, BurgerFI is a great company to work for but I am just seeking a more challenging opportunity.
Pros
free lunch, great co workers, energetic and motivated management.
Cons
healthcare and benefits
For the hardworkers
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 26, 2016
A typical day of work is being on the grill, taking meat on and off and into the buns, which you have to put on a separate bun grill to toast. Anything like hot dogs, eggs and veggie patties is done by the grill cook. (there's only 1 grill cook per shift, imagine the rush hours) You keep your station clean until closing time, which is when you have to clean the grill WHILE hot, with chemicals.
Grill cook is a physically demanding job with little fun to it.
Pros
Cool management, co-workers
Cons
Free lunch was rescinded, 25% off food only
fast-paced work environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 23, 2016
was a really busy location, just needed adjustments in order to keep employees happy. High turnover rate.I did learn a lot though, i was trained on all things pertaining to the success and growth towards the store and am efficient at getting results.
Fun work place with a nice view of south beach
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 21, 2016
Working at BurgerFi taught me alot, it increased my level of working experience. My co-workers and manager taught me alot along the way, although there were obstacles along the way the part that I really enjoyed was being able to learn and multi-task with many respnsibilities.
its work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FLSeptember 17, 2016
when i started i had 35 to 40 hours a week during season but when season started to slow down i was lucky to make 15 hours a week, also managment changed and alot of my fellow employees quit or got fired
Cons
short breaks, no benifets
good job
Prep Cook and Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 17, 2016
Great starter job. Nice managers and a great work environment. Recommend it to someone looking for a nice job with great pay.
it was okay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 4, 2016
working there was a hassle sometimes the people were rude and the management had no respect. we would work overtime and wouldn't get paid for it
Burgerfi is a great concept but lacked good direction from ownership.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KS.June 29, 2016
As the general manager it got to the point of cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors because the owners had to reduce labor cost. Spent more time as a laborer than a manager.
Pros
Free Food.
Cons
More an a 1st level employee than a GM.
Not Sure
Prep Team (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 20, 2016
I didn't work there long enough to say anything too good or too bad about the company. Most days were fine and some days were just slightly less than happy days.
fun people
Cashier/food runner (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 2, 2016
great managers and employees and easy job but definitely not a pay that you can live on. Great for beginning college students.
Pros
people
Cons
pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burgerfi. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8