Burgerville Employee Reviews

Management sucks
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 15, 2017
If you want to be over worked and under paid and given very few hours then work at salmon creek burgerville. The management is scattered and the new gm won't schedule anyone over 30 hours because she wants a bonus.
Pros
70% off food during shift and healthcare for $30 a month if you work 30 hours a week
Cons
Not enough hours for the people working there and bad managers
everyone got along and management was good
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 31, 2017
I would start work at around 9am and close at 10pm, customers and co-workers were never really a problem, fast during lunch and dinner slow beside that it was slow and relaxed. I learned that if you have a good relation with the work crew it makes work go by faster and more efficient. Management was really nice and flexible with everyone to make the work place a fair high cooperating group. hardest part of the job was the rush hours but besides that the most enjoyable part was closing.
Pros
free lunches and good hours
Cons
very high pace at times and angry customers from time to time
quick
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 28, 2017
I had an ok time working for burgerville. the employees were great. but the hours sucked. I didn't feel I got enough. the food though was always top knotch!
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 25, 2017
Quite stressful under pressure and can be a little strict with the rules but overall not too bad and quite fun. Nice, reasonable managers who regularly check up on the wellbeing of their employees
Productive and fast-paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Battle Ground, WAJuly 24, 2017
Learning quickly is key for success for this environment. You have to be a good listener and work well with others as well as following directions and staying on task in order to succeed at this type of work. The management differs since new people come and go alot, so you get to meet a lot of new people and get introduced into new things. The summer is the busiest and you have to know what you're doing and do it in a timely and proficient manner. Meeting people throughout the day is fun and the job itself is all about training. The company is flexible with your hours which is always nice.
Management is bad
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAJune 11, 2017
Some of the managers are absolutely unbearable and not understanding. I've had managers be completely disrespectful to me the minute I clock in. It makes dealing with occasional rough customers terrible and it makes the work day even harder. However, other employees are the nicest people I have ever met, they make it easier.
Pros
Discount (only when you're clocked in)
Cons
management, sometimes bad hours
ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 11, 2017
I have built up my skills and knowledge of running a fiscal and productive kitchen environment. I worked in tandem with several different department leaders and outside groups to set up small intimate events to large banquets. I ran and cooked for a small café in the building and started a bakery.
A nice starter job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 4, 2017
The people are nice, they just don't pay very well. The company wants so badly to get bigger, but don't invest actual dollars to experienced managers. Besides that, it is a nice place to work. They treat you well and work to promote you. They do make you take these weird classes at the Taylor group. They're odd and should be examined as a bit too personal for work. But the company loves them and I think they are trying to do the right thing.
Pros
Good people, fair company
Cons
Taylor group, pay is behind the times
Fast paced and poor management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 2, 2017
Horrible management. Great environment and great food though. Too exspensive on prices. Charge like restaurant prices for mcdonalds type of service. Great team members great hours and good medical for fast food.
Fast paced work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 1, 2017
Burgerville is a good company to start ones experience. They teach you about customer service, working a fast paced job, and how to multitask. I would recommend working here to start off your work experience.
Making Burgers
Crew member, Closer (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMay 31, 2017
It is good food and fun to make. I enjoyed working there. The management was nice and understanding and very helpful. I hope to work there again someday
Keeps anyone busy constantly, so not for all. Good for a first job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 29, 2017
Liked the job for the short while I worked, but decided to go towards a path more related toward my own goal. Enjoyed how clean the facilities are, and the management are kind and understanding overall.
Pros
Mamy benefits, management and policies are great.
Cons
Hours can be shifty depending on location and amount of crew members.
Very nice people to work with.
Team Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 8, 2017
If you looking for a job that pays well, and has great food. Then Burgerville is the job for you. They also take the time out to work around your schedule. That way its easy to work and still live your life.
Lots of busy work
Cashier, Drive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMay 5, 2017
I worked well on this team, they were inclusive as well as being very centered around working as a cohesive unit. I loved the people at this job, just not working in fast food. I was always kept busy, and the workplace was always kept clean.
Pros
employee discount, wonderful team
Cons
working around food
Fab
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, ORMay 4, 2017
Loved this place it was my first job, my co workers turned into my family, the company is great as well provides alot of training. offers insurance just over all a great first job
Busy, yet fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 26, 2017
In my time working there, despite only being there for a little over a month, I really felt like part of a family, complete with annoying younger siblings. Some of the employees would occasionally play pranks on me, but nothing too bad, just slightly annoying, and, overall, everyone got along and supported everyone else.
Pros
Huge employee discounts, kind managers
Cons
Employee discount only applies during your shift
team work
Pizza line maker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 30, 2017
was my first job the treated me very well benefits and hours. i was able to move around the store and ask for help and not have to worry about being ignored.
Pros
half off food
Cons
was in a bad area
Fast Pace and Fun experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Burgerville. I had great communication with Guests and my Co-workers. Everyday was a new challenge,
I would set up goals for myself to try and beat before the end of the day. Examples, I would try to ask everyone who came through the Drive Thru about there day, I would come up with new greetings for myself to say, I was always working on my customer service skills so that I could become better at my position.It was a very fun process.
I would try to get the orders out as fast as I could, as accurately as I could so that our guests were happy and satisfied.
My favorite part of my job were the guests that came through our lobby and drive thru I had great connections with our guests.
My least favorite part was upset guests, but I was always trying to turn their day around. I learned a lot at Burgerville over the year and half working there.
I learned about the modifications on the computer screens, I learned how to prep food, and how to take care of guests that had the wrong food, or food that was incorrectly made on there order.
My managers were so awesome! I had great connections with all of them, they were always understanding, they always helped out during our rushes on drive thru and counter.
I was very shy in the beginning, but I have come out of my shell.
I had such a great experience working at Burgerville it has helped me grow as a person.
Pros
Being able to work on my Customer Service skills.
Cons
Angry guests, and sometimes angry co-workers
Excellent environment for learning and working
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  West Linn, ORJanuary 23, 2017
Workload shared evenly between crew members. I was able to learn quickly thanks to excellent training programs and enthusiastic staff. The crew was nice and hardworking so it was easy to work without feeling the need to carry the weight of others. The management was excellent however volatile, with someone being replaced every month or so. I enjoyed feeding people and giving them exactly what they wanted when they came in. People were always excited about our seasonal items. The hardest part of the job was food preparation. We made sure everything was fresh and safe every single day which required extra work on our part, but was extremely rewarding.
Pros
discounted meals, Insurance, Good breaks
rude bosses, not friendly co workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orchards, WADecember 30, 2016
the bosses are rude and dont care about you as an employee, dont tell you when working longer shifts. did not feel safe working there
Pros
Cons
bad managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burgerville. Our community is ready to answer.