Burgess & Niple Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Ever growing and fast paced engineering
AutoCAD Technician II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2015
Working with Civil engineers and CAD team in the design and printing of highway design and bridges
Participating in field work with the civil engineers
learning new software and implementation of new departments and software
Pros
Learning new software and new design projects frequently
Very professional office environment.
Structural Steel Division Designer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2014
Assisted in office architects with designs on residential living quarters for military bases.
Materials Librarian
Interior Design Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2014
During my employment with Burgess and Niple, my main responsibility was to maintain the samples library. This was my first co-op while studying Interior Design and where I began to learn about working in the field. I was in constant communication with the representatives to make sure the samples that we had were up to date. Another task was to update any drafting documents when materials changed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working on renderings to present to the client and learning about new materials. On occasion I was able to do site visits and be able to view the end product. Most of the projects that were awarded to the company were educational buildings. Overtime this became difficult to get excited about, especially when the materials were pre-selected.
Challenging and engaging work environment
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 30, 2013
Over all this is a good place to work. There are many very bright individuals who worked there and have become lasting business affiliates. It is a fast and intense work pace and challenges every aspect of your skills and knowledge.
Architects working for engineers...
Architectural Illustrator & CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2012
I worked in the architecture department for this engineering company. They don't always understand architecture. Not a bad place to work though.
A professional place to work
Transportation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2012
A good company with a good work/ life balance. Well known in Ohio, but not in Indiana.
Pros
good, professional people
Cons
doesn't provide feedback

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burgess & Niple. Our community is ready to answer.