Burke Agency Employee Reviews

Burke
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Milford, OhioJuly 27, 2017
Great hours, friendly environment, pay was great. Opportunity to work extra hours with extra pay on top of hourly. Staff as great sometimes we ran out of numbers so days were short.
No hours
Customer Service Rep -Called customers (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMay 24, 2017
Burke did not give me the hours i was first scheduled for. I was on the schedule for monday through friday. I went into work monday and they told me i was off. The same for tuesday and wednesday. This was only my second week after training. I left because i needed something more reliable.
Very smart people, great organization with a shrinking niche
Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2017
The people at Burke are fantastic. They are the best at what they do. However, what they do is becoming more and more niche. For being such a small boat, it turns very slowly.
Management is extremely caring, the CEO knew who I was and cared about me. Great culture.
Pleasant work environment
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMay 8, 2017
Burke was a comfortable work environment. Co-workers and management were friendly and organized. Training and trainer was effective and thorough. Sedentary.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers
Cons
Sometimes would get calls to not come in because not enough work for assigned survey group
Great employer
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fair Haven, NJMay 4, 2017
Great atmosphere and even better employer. learned how to paint and carpentry. was never rushed to complete any task, was always told to take my time and do it right.
Pros
great mentor
Cons
work not promised
Welcome Work Environment
Interviewer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMarch 28, 2017
The staff and managers of Burke Inc. do their best job to make everyone feel welcomed in this work environment. They are personable, yet always professional and genuinely care about all of their employees outside just an office environment.
I loved it
Telemarketer/Marketing Researcher - Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMarch 6, 2017
Burke is a great place to work. If you need a part time job with flexible hours and great pay then you should apply. You pick your hours and you're aloud to work overtime whenever you want if its available.
Marketing Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Marketing research studies by interviewing survey respondents for both consumer and business surveys. Allows me to follow a survey scripts, work to complete the survey for research studies, and enter responses into a computer.
Unorganized, unprofessional
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 1, 2016
Overall unhappy with this employer during my time there. Would not recommend anyone to work here. I am thankful, however, that this job allowed me to get a foot in the door of the legal field.
Productive company
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2016
I loved working for this company. I learned to read a said script and type down customer responses verbatim. Management her cared for each and every one of their agents, and it showed in their words and actions. My coworkers and I got along great. Working on specific projects allowed a bond to be made with your coworkers. Meeting prerequisite stats were difficult at times and easy at others, I thoroughly enjoyed the yearly picnic and the activities that were there for the whole family.
Pros
yearly picnic
Cons
hours
NYS Cert. Paralegal Review
Bar Certified NYS Trial Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYAugust 17, 2016
I am very grateful for having worked as a NYS Certified Trial Paralegal for this company PT for so many years. It is a wonderful company that was very professional to work for doing wonderful things to help people.
Pros
Very professional
good company
Roadway and Traffic Engineer (Former Employee) –  rosemont, ilJuly 18, 2016
Small engineering firm focusing on traffic impact studies. Great slow paced environment. Projects are repetitive but work life balance was great.
Start-up San Francisco office
Legal Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2016
I was hired to work in the new SF office through a recruiter. My role was to organize the office that housed five attorneys and solely myself as legal secretary and office manager. I was advised by my manager who worked in Southern California, that although I was the sole staff in the SF office, she was the boss. It became difficult at times having to make decisions that I was very capable of making going through a process involving communicating with another office. At times it was not conducive to business. My attorneys did not always work in the office so my workload was very sporadic.

All in all, I was happy working there for the time I was there, but I needed a more challenging environment.
Nice place to work, relaxed atmosphere
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2016
Very nice place to work. Great benefits. Work very independently but can ask questions if need to. Very flexible schedule.
Rewarding
ICF-IDD Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 3, 2016
Helping others that can not help themselves to be the best they can be. This is very rewarding to see them smile appreciate the little things in life.
Good Place to Work
Web Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2016
It is a good place to work.I enjoyed my time here. I learned a lot about development and I also learned how much more I need to grow.
Pros
Fitness Center
Cons
Market Research
The best law firm in the nation
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
Wish the economy/bankruptcy laws had not been so affected, resulting in thousands of lay-offs. Great firm, opportunity, benefits, close knit workforce of over 278. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of this position was learning, learning, having the best teachers, always able to produce results.
Pros
I worked for the best of the best!
Cons
No cons
engineering manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 20, 2016
The work is typical setting for private sector company. Small business with a handful of employees. The turn over rate is low. Most of the employee's have been with the company 15 years plus.
Very Friendly work environment
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2015
There are a few bad seeds but what company doesn't....too many for this company if you ask me. With a supervisor that is scattered all over the place, no focus. Other than that they are flexible with scheduling some time off which I don't really do but it's nice to know for when the need arrives.
Supervision 101
Area Foreman (Former Employee) –  Port of spainAugust 4, 2015
Being a Supervisor isn't always an easy task. not everyone wakes up on the same side of the bed every morning.. some people need defusing on mornings.. some need motivation.. when you realize that this is where true supervision comes in.. At Burke and company our staff was competent at getting the job done.. With the right motivation and inspiration which i gave... duties we carried out and completed in a timely manner..