For more than 60 years, Burke Industries has been manufacturing a highly diversified line of products for construction, aerospace, the armed forces and a wide range of commercial applications. And while our customers span every imaginable industry, they all have one thing in common, the need for quality elastomeric compounds. And so Burke Custom Process was born. From our line of NSF Approved Potable Water Gasket compounds to proprietary Mil-Spec materials, we can produce products for just about any industry. Throughout our history, we have continually recognized that our people are our greatest strength! When you choose Burke, you have chosen professional, knowledgeable and friendly people.
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or its equivalent required. Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required. 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- PC proficiency including: Microsoft Office Suite and PLC programming are necessary.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity
- Strong organizational & planning abilities and excellent analytical & problem solving skills are essential. Effective project management.
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented.
- Ability to present information quickly, effectively and to respond to questions from internal customers.
- Strong commitment to company values.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal & external customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to write various types of reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, & suppliers/vendors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit and operate a computer for extended period of time. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to climb ladders and work in high, precarious places up to elevations of 175 feet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, in some cases extreme heat in certain areas of the manufacturing facility. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to: eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, etc. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate to loud depending on the area of the manufacturing facility.
- May require strenuous lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bending, climbing, walking.
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemical solutions
- Exposure to inclement weather.
- On 24-hour emergency call.
Compensation based on experience.
Ability to meet a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends and available on-call for emergencies by telephone and/or cell phone.
Burke Industries is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Prospective candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug free employer. Burke Industries is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).