Burke Williams Spa Employee Reviews

Productive, balanced, and relaxed work place
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 20, 2017
I completely enjoyed my time with this company and would definitely be coming back if i ever moved back to California. The managers and co workers have been the best I ever came in contact with.
Great Coworkers
Certified Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2017
I enjoy working here. Management is nice and will work with you on scheduling. Co-workers are great. Clientele for the most part are pretty easy to work on.
Team player
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 11, 2017
Walk in, view room chart, set up room. Say your hello's, and go on about your day. Check schedule for any changes. If it's a slow day ask to leave early.
good job
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 4, 2017
good experience very relaxed and calm environment taught me how to better my customer service skills and to always remember the customer are always right
everyone who works there is miserable
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 12, 2017
Working at BW was an incredibly stressful experience. They hire kids that are 22 for 11$ per hour to be Managers on Duty. these people have no experience or training and in many cases have never had any sort of power so the minute they have this little bit of power they love to exercise it. They pay so horrible that all the good therapists leave and the only ones left are so desperate for a job.
Pros
Cons
everything
No comment
Distribution Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 5, 2017
In the end they my managers started bullying me and pushing me to make a mistake. They eventually had to make up a problem. Please stay away unless you are desperate for for some drama.
The employees and members were the best part of the job.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 29, 2017
My day consisted of checking in and out customer for spa services. Also product sales were required and sales incentives were given. The best part of the job was getting to know the members.
Burke Wiliams
Assistant Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 27, 2017
Great place for new staff to learn about the spa industry. I wouldn't recommend this for any one that has gone to school or with any experience. The mangers are not trained well and the GM has never managed a spa before. Everyone is impressed with the name of the spa but wouldn't be if they have work there.
Not Worth the Money
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 24, 2017
Worked here for a year. Payrate changed 4 times. They are always looking to pay less because the CEO gets sued every other week. Commission is currently at 7% and consistently getting undertipped by cheap guests paying up to $300 for a session. Company won't fight for you tips. They expect a 5-star luxury work-ethic but you end up overworking for no pay
Showing Signs of being a Leader Get you no where.
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 18, 2017
Kissing butt and 5 years of being with the company is the only way to really even have a shot at the next positon up. Even then a pretty face can just walk on in and back track you for ages more. The front desk was a revolving door of people and instead of helping people move up they just hired more people who left within a month or two. I even still haven't received any form of compensation for an injury I attained while working for the company.
Pros
Five free services per year.
Cons
Constantly changing pay rates, poor managment
I really like it here!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 14, 2017
Its a really nice side gig. It probably can't pay your bills alone, but so far everything is pretty Kosher. It does have a slow season, but alone the job is great!
Pros
Discounts, Spa Use
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun workplace to make a professional career out of!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2017
I only left Burke Williams because my family home caught fire and the pay rate was only 13.00/hr. In order to get to work, it cost more money than I was even making per day. So I left, but I do wish that I was still there.
Pros
Cons
Pay rate
Productive, management and co-workers were happy and fun to work with.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 25, 2017
Performed different types of facials including Anti-Aging facial, European facial, Oxygen facial, Acne treatments, Microderms, body treatments and body waxing.
Pros
free wellness day
Cons
health care
Great place to grow as a massage therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 25, 2017
If I did not relocate to another state I would still be happily employed with Burke Williams. The guests are great and management goes above and beyond for all employees. The pay is excellent in addition to cash incentives for picking up extra shifts.
Pros
The Wellness Program
Cons
Set schedule
Dignified
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 11, 2017
I was a spa attendant/concierge at Burke Williams for 9 months give or take. When I began my employment it was amazing, there were many creative like minded individuals around and the work itself wasn't very demanding. I made more than I had made at my previous employer at an entry level position. A typical day at work was just attending the spa and making sure clientele's appointments were met. Management was amazing but the work was very repetitive and didn't require much finesse. I was going to secure a front desk position soon when a corporate change happened that laid off two of my core management team and forced my direct supervisor to step down overnight. At this point, things changed considerably; there was a lack of communication between new management and the support staff. That being said things that were once okay for employees to do became violations of policy suddenly and found me with a feeling of displacement. The consistency was gone and I legitimately was not sure whether or not if I would be employed by the end of some days.
Granted had I been more patient maybe things would have improved although the premise of earning my promotion all over again was demoralizing.
Pros
Free Spa Use, Consistent Schedules, Good Healthcare
Cons
Frequent Policy Change
A good place to start
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2017
Ive been working for Burke Williams for little over a year now and so much has changed. From the pay structure, to management. This is a great place to build experience but not a lifelong company to work for.
Pros
Wellness massages for employees, gratis
Cons
Short breaks, high turnover, and constant change of policies.
Fun work place that is fast paced and busy
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA 90401July 7, 2017
It can get very busy. You have to stay on your toes when it gets busy. Though there is a slow season they do pay fairly. Management is great they listen and try to help you with any problem they have.
Pros
good pay if you work for it flexible hours
Cons
short breaks inconsistent work flow
Nice
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 23, 2017
Burke Williams is a very nice place to work. The staff and management are wonderful. Everyone is friendly, and upper management is very approachable.
Cons
Compensation
Fast pace place to work
Director of Sanitation & Cleanliness (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 21, 2017
BW is a family business and as such managed like it with many head departments, who would stress the importance of their priorities. BW will be a successful company when its able to better plan and forecast its overall business.
Pros
Free wellnesses
Cons
Micromanagement
Nice place to work .
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 13, 2017
I have been work at Burke for 4 years now ,and very good place to work ,all my co workers are very good people to work with and the clients too.I can say with confidence that my job enjoyable.
Pros
Free wellness massage 6 times/yearly
Cons
Not to busy now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burke Williams Spa. Our community is ready to answer.