Burke Williams Spa Employee Reviews in United States

Great people to work with. Fun enviornment.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2016
Some days are really great and busy and others are completely dead. Tips vary and commission is pretty fair.

The team of therapists are great to work with- energy is usually high and you can always learn something new from experienced therapists.

The hardest part is not having a stable or steady monthly income and the varying daily schedules. On busy days, they don't always do a fair job of evenly distributing clients, so taking a bathroom break in between back to back clients can be an issue time to time.

Meeting new and different people, both coworkers and clients, is the best part of this kind of work environment.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Wellness Days
Cons
Breaks, Tips, overall commission
Nice spa environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2016
Sometimes crazy busy, sometimes crazy slow.
It was nice interacting with fellow employees, as there are lots of nice people working there.
Favoritism at its finest
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2016
Management team says selling memberships is second to keeping members happy; ensuring they keep their membership. Which is an outright LIE. They judge you based on membership sales. You could be the most gregarious and friendly person in the whole company, and it means absolutely nothing. You could have countless members request only to work with you, for all their transactions . It means nothing.

You could sell an ample amount of memberships and its never good enough. This company prefers to employ mindless drones, that they could easily control. If you have a complaint or an idea, they look at you funny. As if you're crazy for having your own thoughts and concerns.

Favoritism runs rampant throughout this establishment. You will feel like a second class citizen. They will make you feel like absolute garbage. When you do well you hear nothing. Whereas if you make a mistake, they will make sure you know how unhappy they are.

Another fantastic thing about Burke Williams is when you open up to the management. They will hear but not actually listen.

Their facade will make you believe they have a caring and family environment. Which is all a lie.

Everyone hated working front desk.
The MOD's aren't as bad, the GM is where all the problems lie.

$13- an hour for a simple job. Cool.
Free wellness massages. Great.
Incentives for selling memberships. Nice.

The absolute feeling of dread you get when getting ready for work.
How hopeless you feel at work.
Having a General Manager who is a sociopath.
Wasting money for parking everyday.

You will feel miserable
  more... here.

Unless you're extremely good at kissing a**.
Then you'll do just fine.
Sweat shop
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 11, 2016
Ridiculous amount of required training before and after being hired.
Ten minutes between clients to walk client out, clean room and retrieve next client from the holding pen upstairs.
Managers on duty are always stressed out because they manage so many employees and are paid so little.
Worst massage job ever.
Pros
Fun enviroment with it's down falls
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 5, 2016
At first the environment was great, I was promised a full time position after my 3 month probationary period upon them hiring me. It went well past my probationary period and the management kept making excuses as to why they couldn't advance me to a full-time slot such as there not being enough "slots" available. Almost a year had gone by and I had absolutely no advancement in my position but others were made and hired on as full time even though the management never had any trouble out of me. I also had dealt with racial profiling and discrimination from management while working there, they made all of the minorities sit in the front to keep a close eye on them. So be warned that the promises that are made when you're hired won't be followed through.
Pros
Free Lunches on occasions
Cons
Racial Profiling
Great to place to work.
Manager on Duty and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 26, 2016
Providing excellent customer service to all guests. Assisting and supporting therapists. Managing therapist schedule. I learned to lead front desk agents and support and be fair to all staff. I absolutely love my co-workers. We are a small family. The hardest part of my job was when a therapist would call in sick and had to balance the schedule and accommodate hanging appointments. I mastered doing this over the years. I enjoyed when we made our guests happy and they would leave feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Pros
Wellness Program.
Cons
Benefits. Salary.
Burke williams
Guest Reservations (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2016
This company hires and fires and if they don't like you they are always right on top of you watching everything you do and will make sure you are aware of that. They tell you they treat their employees well and they do when they first hire you and then after they begin to show favoritism towards certain people. It makes you feel like you don't belong there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, they only hire part time, micro management
Great place!
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 21, 2016
Great place with the nicest people you'll ever meet. The Staff really wants to provide the their clients with the best Spa experience possible.
Fun and Relaxed Environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 26, 2016
I worked at Burke Williams in Santa Monica for a little over a year. It was by far, my favorite spa I have ever worked at. They have multiple of compensation plans in which you can easily make a decent hourly rate for a pay period.
I wish I did not have to leave but I relocated. But management is awesome, employment is fun, and it is always busy.
Pros
Compensation Plan
Cons
Breaks, sometimes you dont have enough time because halls are so big.
Family
Massage Therapist/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Work 6-4 hour shifts start on a 2-3 day work week. Management was amazing however it is changing fast and I am not yet familiar with all.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Slow days

Want to know more about Burke Williams Spa?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Membership Liaison (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 26, 2015
This was a great place to work. The management and staff provided great support. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to assist customer and provide excellent customer service.
great work atmosphere!
Concierge/ Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 17, 2015
Working for Burke Williams day Spa was a joy. I enjoyed going to work every single day. They have an excellent training and while on the job my colleagues were always happy to answer any questions that I had.
Productive and fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist, Concierge (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 16, 2015
Fun place to work. Customer service is always held at the highest standards. Co-workers were always a pleasure to be around. A true family and friend feeling.
symmetry
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 10, 2015
Great company learned alot. Have people adjusted and aligned is what i love to do. People where great had lots of fun. Management had a great way of helping and getting things done.
Great benefits
MANAGER ON DUTY (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2015
Great benefits/pampering. Can be stressful at times. Difficult clientele at times as well. Overall nice, supportive business to work for.
Relaxing work environment, with friendly coworkers and customers.
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 14, 2015
Greeting guests and working with other coworkers in a spa setting to ensure that spa guests are happy and relaxed during their time at the spa. The most enjoyable part of the day is going above and beyond for guests and knowing that you made their day. This company loves to promote from within.
Pros
Free monthly spa services for management
Cons
You have to pay for parking
Great company to gain experience in the Spa/Skin Care Industry
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work includes performing skin care and/or body treatments on a variety of clients. Product sales and upgrades are expected, and encouraged in order to reach maximim revenue. I learned more about the skin, facial massage, product lines, time management, and the spa industry based on my employment and training that was required before working on the floor. Management and co-workers are friendly, Management aims to be helpful although they have to follow strict protocols by corporate which can be frustrating at times. Hardest part of the job is the pay, getting time off, and having to work at least one weekend day/night weekly. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others,and improving ones skin and confidence through the skin care service.
Pros
Employee incentives, relaxed work place, furthur education and training provided
Cons
Compensation, working the weekends
Ok for New Therapists otherwise Run!!
Massage Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2015
Ability to work with many clients and therefore many body types.
Training is very thorough and laborious.
Compensation is awful, not paid for Deep tissue for atlas 2 years
Raises are depended on how much you sold and not the quality of work.
Management is awful. They care more about money and not about the welfare of the employees.
Pros
Lots of clients
Cons
Awful pay
Good job to gain experience
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 1, 2015
This was a very nice job to gain experience in customor service. Interacting with and assiting clients was the main focus. This job required physical labor. Maintence was a big focus also.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orange CAFebruary 26, 2015
Friendly environment, no room for advancement, management was helpful and had a great open door policy. I enjoyed working there overall

2.9