Burke Williams Spa Employee Reviews

Great Work Perks
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 10, 2017
there are lot of perks working here. you get free massages, and spa treatments. the work environment was fun but management was not very helpful. there is no room for advancement.
Pros
free massages and spa treatments
Cons
pay, no room for advancement
Great Family Environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 5, 2017
The pay was commission vs minimum wage per day. Great training! If you have the same or similar name to another therapist then you have to choice an alias "Spa Name" They bend over backwards for the guess to a fault.
Pros
Free use of spa 1 hour after shift.
Cons
The spa pants are not very comfortable and have have the name of the spa on the side.
fun place to work
Distribution (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2017
I loved working at Burke Williams, It was great the staff very nice. They take care of you in anyway possible. I worked in back office making sure all the Techs had everything ready for the shift
Lots of awesome perks like the wellness program...really cool people behind the scenes (support staff and techs) but poor compensation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 10, 2017
I was part of the management team for over 7 years. I thoroughly enjoyed the support staff team and techs, but disliked how poorly compensated staff was for hitting goals and the upper management always got a bigger cut for rarely dealing with the hardships and messes caused by the call center (turn over rate at the call center in Henderson was horrendous and they constantly made huge errors in the schedule that support staff later had to deal with).
Pros
wellness program, awesome co-workers, trading between techs, easily get shifts covered...
Cons
poor compensation for the day to day mess that other people would create...
Genuine and supportive work culture, full of growth opportunities and great perks!
Spa Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95128March 7, 2017
The workplace culture is great. Management consistently inspires employees to be genuine, gracious and exceptional in providing the best quality costumer service to our guests. As a supervisor I've learned a variety of duties at the front desk, while helping my managers run the spa and train new employees. One of the challenges of this job is dealing with unforeseen therapist/scheduling situations and occasionally upset guests. I have grown as a team player and as an individual in this company. The facility is beautiful and the treatments are exceptional. The high quality spa environment and personal approach to every guest is what makes Burke Williams a Beyond spa. The credo here is "We exist to transform your day", and it truly shows.
Pros
Complementary employee services, fun work culture, advancement opportunities, supportive team, pleasant work environment
Cons
Salary is on the lower side
Relaxing fun work Place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2017
My duties in the morning were to set up the spa, and if I were to close I would have to clean up the spa. Throughout the day my job required to attend clients every need, give tours and perform a five star experience for our guests.
I mostly enjoyed my time working there.
Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 20, 2017
If you're looking for a good place to get great experience, I would recommend Burke Williams. With that being said, there are days you will be booked back to back, with little to no time to take a break. They expect you to stay on time even if your guest is late, in the spa taking a shower or in the jacuzzi (although they are told to wait in the lounge or quiet room prior to their appointment). It can be a very fast paced environment (trying to stay on time, provide the guest with excellent service, get the guest back to the spa and then clean up and prepare for your next guest). However, if you excel at that, you can literally work for any other high end day spa as they train you very well, or at least used to.
Pros
Other employees, (I made wonderful friends there), the general manager was the best manager I've ever had, quarterly complimentary massages and chiropractic care.
Cons
Pay structure, guests attitudes and demands, lower tip average than you'd expect (although some guests were generous, many were not or didn't tip at all).
I love BW!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I loved working at BW. If it wasn't for me moving out of state I would still be there. The culture has a family feel, everyone truly cares about each other - especially the management for their employees. BW offers benefits, paid vacation, sick pay, free massages, etc... Also you can make good money at part time.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, vacation, free massages and spa use
Great place to work, love the family enviornment.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 21, 2017
A great place to work with room for advancement. The company promotes from within, most of management started as a therapist, esthetican, front desk, etc... They value maintaining an open door policy. Opportunity for yearly raises available, has an extensive wellness program, health benefits, etc... There's a lot of longevity as well. Many employees have been here 10+ years!
Pros
Benefits, facility, management, flexibility
Cons
No 401k match
Dishonest and unsupportive management
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I worked at Burke Williams in SAN fransico as a massage therapist for over a year my experience was terrible they treated us like machines Back to back massages with no break in between you also get paid hourly which is 18 dollars so you only get 18 dollars for anything you do that can be an 80 minute massage or 50 minute deep tissue we reached tips but a lot of time the management stole our cash tips management here is terrible and they will fire you if they don't like you for any small reason I would not recommend this Spa to anyone
Pros
Good location
Cons
No breaks, theft inside the spa, rude management
Feels like family:)
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission ViejoJanuary 13, 2017
An employee friendly place to work. The company is very serious about the wellness of the staff and is conscious of the physical nature of the profession. They have programs in place for massages and chiropractic for the staff at no charge. The staff has a great chemistry and it is a comfortable place to work with a family feel. All of the staff are always ready to welcome in a new hire and make sure that they feel comfortable. I am also able to make great money for part time work (3 days a week).
Pros
Wellness program, Insurance, 401K, paid vacation
Cons
no 401K match
Productive massage job
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 9, 2017
This company has great benefits, paid vacation, paid sick days, and there is room for advancement. The coworkers are a fun-loving group of people in sherman oaks, and makes work feel like a family environment. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the clients do not tip well, but that is with any massage job.
Pros
Free massages, Busy, Great clientele base
Easy Work
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2016
Laid back environment with quite easy work. Co-workers were friendly and management had an open door policy. I would recommend working here
Work place was very good friendly staff
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 3, 2016
I was in charge of cleaning and maintaining the men's spa clean and organized. Staff was very friendly and was a pleasure working for this company.
Fun, Flexible and great growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 27, 2016
Quite the adventure but I came up from being a massage therapist to a manager in 4 years. Working weekends and nights are a must, holidays are always busy. Spa culture is all calm in front of the guests, but organized and chaotic at times behind the scenes. Expectations should be that you will hit the ground running and learn a ton in the first few years, you should know that it takes 2 years to get a full clientele to follow you as a bodyworker.
Pros
Amazing supportive management team
Cons
entitled guests
A relaxed environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 15, 2016
For your monthly service you have wonderful choices
They make sure that you get your two breaks and thirty minute lunch
For a High End Spa they want to hire 18-23 year olds
They promote from within the company
They want you to work weekends
Pros
Receiving a monthly service
Cons
Low pay average
company really cares about you
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 12, 2016
great team awesome training feels like family they throw parties for you typical day is back to back with a mandatory break over a certain time
Pros
benefits team
Cons
compensation
Great people to work with.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAAugust 13, 2016
I have been with Burke Williams, for a little over 2 years, and it has been a great experience for me. At first, it was a little intimidating, to be surrounded by so many seasoned therapists, but they made me feel so welcome. At any time, they were always available to help; always pushing me to keep going. It really made a huge difference to have their support. The support of the staff, was truly a blessing to me. I could not have picked a better place to work. Thank you for all you've done so far.
Pros
Wellness massages
Cons
Not enough bathrooms with vents.
Great people to work with. Fun enviornment.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2016
Some days are really great and busy and others are completely dead. Tips vary and commission is pretty fair.

The team of therapists are great to work with- energy is usually high and you can always learn something new from experienced therapists.

The hardest part is not having a stable or steady monthly income and the varying daily schedules. On busy days, they don't always do a fair job of evenly distributing clients, so taking a bathroom break in between back to back clients can be an issue time to time.

Meeting new and different people, both coworkers and clients, is the best part of this kind of work environment.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Wellness Days
Cons
Breaks, Tips, overall commission
Nice spa environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2016
Sometimes crazy busy, sometimes crazy slow.
It was nice interacting with fellow employees, as there are lots of nice people working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burke Williams Spa. Our community is ready to answer.