Burkes Outlet Employee Reviews

It was decent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJune 23, 2017
Working here was not that bad. I got a raise when needed, even a promotion. It has been a while since I worked there so i dont remember the insurance or benefits.
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJune 22, 2017
Job, in general, was easy work. Co-Workers were nice, friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, there was a lot of theft from customers.The company does bag checks and keeps cameras on the employees at all time assuming that they will steal before the customers do, which is so very wrong. There are also no security measures for when someone is stealing, no metal detector, you're not allowed to say anything. You are told to give them great customer service to the point where it annoys them and hopefully they will drop the items there were attempting to steal and leave peacefully. Other than that unrealistic rule it's not so bad.
Pros
Nice Co-Workers, Easy work, Flexible hours
Cons
Health care, Vacation, Organization
Stressful but fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 15, 2017
Stressful but fun place to work . It is a fast pace learning environment! It's very hands on in the training. Your day to day is different everyday. Fun job
Productive, organized, great atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 9, 2017
Daily training and developing new tasks. Learning about the products. Managment is flexible and there when you need them. It's calm but a busy place. The hardest part of the job was time managment with tasks. There often wasnt enough coverage. The most enjoyable parts were extra discount days, management and learning.
Pros
Managment is great, great products and discounts
Cons
short breaks, pay
Super fun lot of energy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJune 6, 2017
I made sure that the store was ready to open. Made sure the money was counted, made sure that the staff was ready for the task at hand. Throughout out the day I made sure that the staff was working on there task, made sure that we had everything in order to make our customers happy and a happy friendly shopping day.
Pros
Staff was great
Cons
Store Closed
Very fast pace, upper mangement needs restructure
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, NCJune 6, 2017
Very fast pace to work, very high demands put on those who are willing to work hard but do not get proper recognition from Upper management. Pay is not enough for Supervisors but expectations are very high. Would not recommend for the average worker.
Pros
Benifits, Full time
Cons
Demands, recognition, pay scale
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJune 5, 2017
Overall a nice place to work. The manager tried to keep things fair and accommodate every ones needs. I got plenty of hours. Not where I wanted to make my career.
FamILY workplace laid back easy going
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJune 5, 2017
Very easy job if you like working with clothes and fashion . Merchandising clothes shoes and jewelry for ever season event or special holiday , hardest part of the job I would say would be nothing everything is pretty simple
Pros
First dibs on newest fashion
Cons
Healthcare
Management has got to go.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 5, 2017
Working at this place was a nightmare. The manager took out all her anger on one person, had unrealistic goals/expectations, such as wanting truck completely done in two hours...then short handed us on days that we normally did truck. She threatened to demote me because of her mistakes. All of this is minor stuff compared to some of the other things she did. This job would have been a lot more fun if management didn't micromanage and set such unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
I wasn't here for long (they closed down this site)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 4, 2017
During my 6 month stint here I would have to say that it was a pretty good experience. I met some pretty good people, and while it was pretty fun I would have to say that it would've been better if we had more help. We always seemed short staff which would put more pressure on those of us who were there. The pay wasn't that good either.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Horrible pay
Supervisors are good, relaxed work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norton, VAJune 3, 2017
It's definitely my favorite place to have ever worked. I only regret that I do not get enough hours to barely cover my bills, and that part-time employees do not get healthcare.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, great customers, supervisors are wonderful
Cons
no healthcare for part time, not enough hours given to employees
descent place
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 31, 2017
Descent place to work, pay isis just above minimum wage but they worked good with my school schedule. It wasnt until I became a manger at another place that I realzied the pay was terrible as a manager at BURKES.
Pros
work with school
Cons
terrible upper management
Great Small Company
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 27, 2017
Great management team. I could make my own schedule and had certain criteria to meet like working one night a week and going to certain store so many times a week. Management worked with me and did not micromanage, which was a plus.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too much wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Awful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 24, 2017
I started there 6 months after the store was open. It was very disorganized and needed new management. The turn over was very high. The culture of the store was low.
productive and funn work place
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMay 19, 2017
A typical day for me was greeting my customers and help them find the items they needed. the hardest part of the job is to get reliable people to work. I learned a lot about being a supervisor in this position and like what I did as a supervisor.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Good atmosphere
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXMay 19, 2017
A typical day at work was fun. I learned how to deal with customers in almost any given situation. The management was not the best but at the end of the day it did not matter as long as my goals were achieved. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the restrooms and mopping the floors of the huge store, The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing every given task.
Productive and Able to move up in the company
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 16, 2017
Diligently verify, sort, retrieve and distribute retail merchandise, ensure, adherence to establish procedures and polices. Have to be able to provide excellent customer service at all times. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers, but as long as you do your part in the situation, you have back -up with management and coworkers.
Fun work environment, lot of responsibilities
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYMay 15, 2017
Environment is very friendly and welcoming. Co-workers and managers are very easy to work with. However, shifts are often covered independently even during busy hours, making for a really hard work load, as there are a lot of responsibilites.
Pros
Fun environment, easy to work with
Cons
short staff, large work load
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 15, 2017
the management is awesome very understandin an willing to help in any way. the other emploees are good. work place was great, very nice customers. I hate that the store I worked at closed down
great opporunities to grow
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Diberville, MSMay 11, 2017
Its a challenging environment. but well worth it. I am a supervisor which include but not limited to counting money, unloading and processing trucks, doing maintenance, all while active customer service.
Pros
401k and breaks
Cons
hard to become full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burkes Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.