burkes outlet

burkes outlet Employer Reviews

productive
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Cleburne TxFebruary 3, 2015
i learned alot. The management wasnt very good, there was alot of favoritism. It was an ok enviroment but if you had a problem at home or a family situation they didnt care. It was hard to do anything for the company.
productive and fun place to work to be bossed around by under-privileged females
Sales Associate, Retail (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXJanuary 31, 2015
my experience working for burkes outlet was i loved it there was a lot of work so my shifts went by fast and the co-workers you meet will be friendly at first but you see their true colors eventually my words of choice would be something like "back-stabbing" or "fake" and "rude". usually myself and a few other people would do the actual work but the supervisors would usually gossip all day and go to lunch. so i quit.
girl, bye!
Fun, fast-paced retail environment
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Typically my day would start off slow, throughout the day more people would come in making the day go by a little faster. I learned a lot of organization skills working this position. I had older co-workers that weren't so friendly but more about getting the job done and i was fine with that because that's what i was there for. Overall fun environment once you get used to it.
Enjoyed the work
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Shelby, NCDecember 8, 2014
I really did enjoy working at Burkes Outlet. I had great management and supervision and wonderful co-workers. I learned many things including how to manage different customers and concerns, using the cash register and improved my time management skills. I loved working with people and getting to see new customers faces everyday, although some did become regulars. I did not like, however, having to work nights. I would prefer not to have to work late nights if possible. Early in the mornings are more manageable for me.
Low pay, manager very unprofessional and lazy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hixon, TnNovember 14, 2014
Pros: there aren't any
Cons: low pay/ disrespectful manager
Took the job even though it was very low pay. New to the area and was excited about opening the new location in Hixon,Tn. The manager yelled at me on more than one occasion about something a lead supervisor asked me to do. She was very unprofessional and stayed in the office all day. She was disrespectful to me and changed my whole view of a company I was going to move up quickly with.
The sales associates were awesome and that's the only reason I didn't want to leave. I trained in Cleveland and that store everyone works hard and is respectful of each other. I am grateful for them.
If you like LOW PAY and picking clothes up off the floor all day then by all means, go for it. I for one couldn't wait to leave after 6 weeks.
Unorganized, Unclean, Lack of structure
Supervisor (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXNovember 6, 2014
The cleaning consisted of "swiffering" the floor. My paychecks were delayed the whole time I was working there. I was unsure of most of my responsibilities and was not properly trained.
OK job place .
Supervisor I (Former Employee), S. Church St.Burlington,NC 27215October 24, 2014
Pros: getting knowledge in the management field
Cons: could not keep a store manager.
You took care of customer and merchandised the company stock.I learned to manage a store with or without a store manager.I had pleasant co-workers. The hardest part was cutting do on the shoplifting. I enjoyed everything about this position.
Ok place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Glasgow, KYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: discounts in the store
Cons: dealing with difficult employees
Ok place to work if your looking for a part time job!

Hardest part of the job is standing all day!

Enjoyable part is the discounts you get!
co-workers are great
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Athens, ALSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: saftey
A very good work place.Co-workers are alsome.Helping customers
was nice to work for them for the holiday season
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: got to see the deals before anyone else
Cons: pay could have been better
It was a nice place to work...and they have very good deals that people enjoy....the clearance racks you could save up to 95 % off...enjoyed working there for the holiday season it was busy and people were in the holiday spirit.
Awesome Company
Head Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 27, 2014
Great place to shop if you are looking for a great quality of clothes. As well as household decorative items at a reasonable price. Learning environment and awesome staffing to help if help is needed at the time.
My second home
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: my co-workers and customers
Cons: no benefits and low pay
At Burkes Outlet a typical day includes completing cash transactions, cleaning the store and changing around displays. Since working there I have learned all of the basic skills needed to raise the sales in a particular area and to be a supervisor at any other location. My manager is a great teacher. Everyday she strives to show us something new about the store. The same with my co-workers. At Burkes my co-workers and I get along very well and lately we've begun to see each other as family instead of friends. The hardest part of my job is creating new Junior displays every month. I say this because unintentionally I set the bar for how Juniors is supposed to look in my district, and every month I strive to raise that bar higher than the one before. The most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with my customers and co-workers. Everyday customers comment on how happy we are and that all they hear when they come to visit is us laughing.
Kiss tail company! DM has 2 sides to her face!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bristol, VirginiaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good 20% discount
Cons: working 75 hours a week with no pay raises!
If you love working day and night because you care about your store go to work here. If you enjoy never getting a pay raise go to work here. If you love working for DM's that are 2 faced and never take responsibilities for their actions or their directions go to work there! If you love working for a DM that never visits your store but knows everything you do or says you don't do go to work there. You can go to work there but the experience I had with my District Manager I will NEVER work for her again! Pay is terrible too! If the company doesn't perform you never get a raise which they haven't!
like the job
Cashier (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 14, 2014
not my favorite job but it was a good job to have part time, just didn't like the fact they wouldn't work with my school schedule
Burkes
Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Sterling, KYJuly 6, 2014
Its a great company, but I do not want to stand up and lift for 8 hours a day.
Great work environment. family like atmosphere.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJune 29, 2014
Pros: rewards, trips
Cons: organization, and pay
Everyday at work was an experience I dealt with a lot of different people, co-workers included. Some were great some weren't but the overall environment was good. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers but it wasn't so bad. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping them solve their problems.
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: no breaks, poor management, little pay
I worked here for almost a year. Worst experience ever. Manager would leave store and leave us without a supervisor and no key or code for when customers had returns. Manager would be lazy to come out and assist with returns and would just give out her code. I was doing supervisor duties for almost 8 months without the title. The pay also sucked.
Horrible Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Paducah, KentuckyJune 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This company cares nothing about you or your family. They want you to accomplish miracles on a shoe string payroll, and if you work a hundred hours a week they don't care. The District Manager's instructions are all over the map and very inconsistent. Then they want you to travel to another store to help out or for corporate training and don't pay you back for the expenses. You pay for it out your own pocket. Cannot say anything good about them.
Very fun Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), SylacaugaJune 1, 2014
Pros: fun environment and excellent interactions with interesting individuals
Cons: very little pay and benefits
This job is a very fun job to have if you are attending school or etc.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 10, 2014
Pros: fun work place and 20% discount even on sale items
Cons: not enough pay and snobby co workers
I truly enjoyed working here. However there were a couple of co-workers that purposely made working with them a living nightmare. As long as I wasn't working the same shift as them it was a very fun place to work and the manager was not only down to earth and friendly but he was a great mentor. I do think the pay could have been a bit better and the fact the turn over rate was a tad bit high could have been prevented too.

1 2 3 4