Burkes Outlet Employee Reviews in United States

nice place to work if you're in college and need a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAAugust 18, 2016
a typical day at burke's outlet would be greeting customers as they came through the door, tending to your department that you were assigned to, helping customers with purchases if need be. the store is mostly busy on mondays and fridays, that is when reward card holders get their discounts. management were mostly in the back office talking amongst each other or either on their phone behind the counter talking about things that were not work related. the job was fairly easy, dealing with the co-workers or should i say management was the hard part of the job.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Dealing with the co-workers
Great Place to shop. Some great people to work with.
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 15, 2016
Start work at 8:00 or 9:00 I am a cashier for 2 hrs. and then I go to the back register where I take care of customer and the dressing rooms for the rest of my shift. If I come in at 8:00 that is truck unpacking day and I unload, unwrap and sensor our stock for my whole shift. I like working with some of the employes. We clean and keep our store looking great.
Pros
Good benifits
Great Position, Meet new people daily
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, KYAugust 12, 2016
Patrol the grounds to spot suspicious activity and report it to local law enforcement. I could earn $300 a week. My manager was the Park Ranger and I was the only employee in staff The hardest part was the 3rd shift and I enjoyed meeting new people and working with the president of the homecoming committee.
Pros
Outdoors
Cons
Quiet
good workplace but associates were very biased
Cashier - Front end - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 9, 2016
Burkes is an okay place to work but the associates who have been there the longest do not accept new employees very well. I felt very uncomfortable while working there.
Pros
breaks
Cons
other associates
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXAugust 6, 2016
Fun but a lot of work. You must constantly change end caps, The co-workers are positive and they act as if they are one big team. A lot of customers are stressful for a fact there is a lot of theft.
Good.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJuly 28, 2016
Working a Burkes outlet at first was amazing. Loved my coworkers and the way they were all friendly. But when you get to now them is another story. I do feel like some of my coworker take me for granted. I work my butt of every single day. Yet some of them just slack of the whole time. I feel like there is favorism going on. Their some supervisor that get to do whatever they want. They never get in trouble for nothing. But if me and my other coworkers were to do what they do we would get in trouble. Then theres the one coworkers that gets to open almost every time. And my other coworkers and I have to close almost every single day. I feel like this store needs to have a great management. I feel like the manager need to talk to all the cashier and supervisor and tell us that we need to start working like a team. To the last day. I really didn't enjoy working there no more. But you never know things might have changed.
Pros
Flexible Hours, College, and Pay
Cons
Management, Who's in charge of what. Especially scheduals.
This was a good starter job for someone fresh out of high school with no major responsibilities of raising a family or currently living on their own.
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJuly 25, 2016
Slow days
I learned Time management
Co-workers were not very friendly
I did not receive the training I should have
Talking to the custumers
Pros
atomostphere was nice
Cons
terrible training
Loved my Manager, Emily !!! Very fun place to work, The work is easy,
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALJuly 19, 2016
I loved working here in every way. I enjoyed supervising here. I am looking, however, for employment that is not in retail.
Pros
Excellent in every way
Cons
none at all.
I enjoided working with the other co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 18, 2016
mostly cashiered, I cleaned and unloaded the truck for shipment, did displays, updated sections of the store. I did returns an exchanges,
Pros
pay raise every 3 months
Cons
management was unfair to employee, even more so to ones with disability's
Good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJuly 15, 2016
As far as retail goes, this company is not bad. There is potential for advancement if that is what you are looking for. I just wanted something different.
Pros
Mileage payouts
Cons
Pay and customers
Productive and Colorful Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXJuly 14, 2016
Daily duties with this company include multitasking, physical labor, customer service, and cash handling as well as janitorial duties, promoting rewards programs, and being a team player. Management is flexible and understanding but stern with business operations.
Pros
Discounted clothing and other various products
Cons
Benefits apply after a year
productive and fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  dibervilleJuly 11, 2016
Great management and place to work.really considerate of your life outside of work. i only left due to demanded bed rest from pregnancy.
Pros
long breaks, great store discount
Laid back and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 23, 2016
I loved this job. The people I worked with were for the most part very laid back and fun to work with. The managers were fun to be around and actually helped the employees as much as possible. The discounts you get while working there are awesome but the pay isn't so great. But, I think having a fun place to work with great discounts and working in a place that works with your schedule makes up for the pay.
Pros
Fun place to work and great discounts.
Cons
Minimum Wage
All around great company to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 15, 2016
Friendly coworkers and management, and the customers are even better. I have learned a lot about team work and a lot about patience. If you are a hard worker and love to always be doing something I would recommend this company.
Awful management and busy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 14, 2016
I worked here for about 4 months and I had to quit due to being bullied by the supervisors. They did not treat the other employees fairly at all and with that being said I was one of three employees who quit. Management was highly unprofessional and seemed to play favoritism. I was scheduled to clean bathrooms almost every shift I worked which was ridiculous due to cleaning human feces off the floor every time. Most of the time it seemed like I had to do everyone's job for them. I was usually the only person up at the front running the store while the supervisors played in the back stockroom. You're expected to run the register, clean dressing rooms (men and women), put out stock, greet EVERY customer, answer the constant ringing store phone, put items on hold if need be, and recover surrounding departments all at the same time. The job itself requires a lot of work, but it is overall a good job if you can deal with being treated like dirt by the supervisors and manager. Oh, and you're also pushed to pressure the customers into applying for credit cards and opening rewards accounts or you get lectured, hours cut, or stuck doing the hardest jobs! The only enjoyable part of this job was the awesome customers that I communicated with.
Pros
good pay, employee discount, hours
Cons
management
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norton, VAJune 14, 2016
It really is a nice place to work, if you only want to work 2-4 days a week. They try to keep associates under or around only 20 hours a week. I usually only worked 2-3 days a week, 4 when busy. It is very easy to move up to supervisor, or even management. It is a physically taxing job, and of course, when dealing with the public, emotionally taxing. You get short breaks, if any. You do however, usually work short shifts, 5-8 hours. Co-workers come and go, but most are decent human beings. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the insane amount of pressure that is put on you to get credit cards and rewards cards. Our goal was individually 3 credit cards a week, which the manager gets a bonus for. I enjoyed my time at Burke's for the most part.
Pros
employee discount, varying shifts
Cons
Not many hours
Loved Loved Working For Burkes
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 3, 2016
Employed with the company for almost 4 years. I started as a supervisor, advanced into management. I came from an outstanding store, and district. I had a wonderful SM and DM, both believed in my capabilities to manage my own store. I took over a opportunity store, developed a great team, and turned it around! I hated to leave, but felt I needed a change! This company was great to me, and I still miss it sometimes! Lol!
Pros
Like being with family, Will try their absolute best to work with you on scheduling off for managers
Cons
Better Starting Wage
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJune 1, 2016
did have fun work there. learned a lot. didn't like management. like my coworkers. liked the fast pace. loved the discount. pay is not that good.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Slow-paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35802May 18, 2016
My employment at Burkes Outlet was short-lived, but because it was my first job, I was grateful for the opportunity. It was my responsibility to organize store items and work the cash register. I enjoyed working in a clothing store and keeping everything organized.
Store Manager
RETAIL STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 17, 2016
All aspects of a store managers duties
team work
freight
schedules
sell sell sell !!!!!!
loved my boss !!
great assortment of items
Pros
loved the job
Cons
very hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burkes Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.