Burlington Coat Factory
2,297 reviews

Burlington Coat Factory Employee Reviews

Burlington Coa Factory Summary
Cashiers Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: scheduled breaks, store discount
Cons: constant standing
A typical work day included transacting customer purchases in a timely manner, maintaining the cashiers work space and providing good customer service
Customer service/Cashier (Former Employee), Las vegasJuly 2, 2015
Management was biased,and unorganized. Most of the senior workers and donors seemed to run the donation center, even though it was in an unsafe area and generated a lot of traffic we stilled seemed to always be short handed.
Loyal employer
eCommerce Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Burlington, NJJuly 2, 2015
I have worked with Burlington for 19 years (since highschool). Burlington rewards hard work. They are a progressive company and have a bright future.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Sherman, TXJuly 2, 2015
Very good management and employees enjoyed my time there. They train well and are very kind to there employees. Its a good family environment.
easy place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: there are none
At a typical day at work you would stock and unload different merchandise from the store truck, displaying them for the customers access. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping others and when there in need.
No advancement
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 1, 2015
I wore many hats Customer Service Supervisor , Floor Associate , Receiving, Markdown, Cashier, Loss prevention I learned to still give it my all no matter what and make the customer happy no matter what chaos is going on
Okay for first job
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJuly 1, 2015
Management can be challenging to deal with at times. You get to work in all aspects of the retail side of the company, cashier, sales, and receiving. Limited flexibility when it comes to school.
Love Being A Detective
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Safety
Cons: Dishonest Employees
Conduct surveillance to detect, deter and apprehend shoplifters
Conduct routine inspections of the facility to maintain physical security and protection of the store’s assets
Responsible for the physical protection and safety standards for the store’s merchandise
Detect and resolve matters in the area of inventory shortage, cash handling and theft and safety
Monitor closed circuit television systems for detection of suspicious behavior
Enforce company standards for security and safety procedures
Ensure physical security by controlling access of associates and visitors
Responsible for the store’s shortage control and safety program
WOULD BE BETTER IF I WAS HIRED FULL TIME
CASHIER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), STONYBROOK, N.Y.June 30, 2015
Pros: MANAGEMENT VERY NICE
Cons: NO BENEFITS
IT'S NICE PLACE TO WORK MANAGEMENT IS VERY NICE OVERALL JUST NEED TO HAVE BENEFITS WORK DAY IS WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS CASHIER CUSTOMER SERVICE LAYAWAYS RETURNS CO WORKERS ARE VERY NICE ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS
great
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJune 30, 2015
typical day was fun and tiring
i learned how to do shipment and that not all customers are nice not all are mean
i didnt do any management
co workers were nice and had great conversations and did great team work
Burlington Coat Factory
Customer Service - Cashier Associate (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJune 29, 2015
A typical day at burlington is a steady pace of customers with cashier working their hardest to get the customer in and out with satisfaction. At burlington I have learned how to interact with customers and provide an exceptional experience. The employees a burlington are very friendly and outgoing. The hardest part about working at burlington is keeping the store organized. The best part of working at burlington is interacting with customers.
Enjoyable , respectful atomshpere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Macedonia, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Sometimes not enough hours
Working at Burlington Coat Factory is enjoyable to me. Its a great work atmosphere and everyone tries their best to always show respect to one another . My manager are nice and have no problem helping when needed . It's nothing really hard about working here beside the customers can sometimes be really messy .Beside that I enjoy working here.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Job Advancement Opportunities
Cons: You can work full time hours but still be considered part time
Very fast paced, a great place to say in shape in my personal opinion ( I was always on the move). I didn't like that you can be offered full time hours, but be able to actually become a full time associcate
fun workplace rude management
Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: coworkers were cool and discounts
Cons: short breaks, rude management, short hours
a typical day was long but fast and busy
i learned retail
management rude
co workers were cool down to earth people
hardest part was holidays so long lines and irritated customers and complaints
most enjoyable were having fun with coworkers
no excitement
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 28, 2015
Pros: There are not any.
Cons: not enough hours, wearing too many hats and expecting to get it all done. Not being backed up, no room for advancement.
A typical day at BCF going to work knowing you do not want to be there, no one is on the same page, management does not back up the cashiers, I go to work clock in go to my register, and hope I have back up cashiers when I need them. I dont feel as though i can talk to management about issues that occur with out fear of losing my job. management spends most of the time in the office, and when we request them to come up front for customer assistance they ask "what do they want" they are not hiring from our store but other stores so we cannot advance in our own store, Most of my co-workers are the best and are there when they are needed, others just dont care. The hardest part of the job is not being backed up by management when I am following policy. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers and the customers.
Negative Attitude Among Some Team Members/Lax Work Envirnment
Mark Downs/Front End (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: Working hard at my obligations, and helping out clients when they needed it.
Cons: Having to deal with Co-workers that seemed to opperate, against store policy, with impunity.
The attitude among several of the Team Members leaves much to be desired. On a typical day, many of the associates were not productive unless they spotted a manager approaching. What I have learned is how to properly deal with clients. I have also learned to advocate for myself when there is problem that may interfere with the general productivity of the store, and my work performance. I would have to say that management, at least from my experience was inept in the ways in which they chose how to handle training of new associates, dealing with issues that may arise among Team Member, and accessibility should a Team Member need assistance. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with ignorant personalities that seemed to be able to do whatever pleased them. The most enjoyable part of the job was working hard for my compensation.
Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 27, 2015
Easy job, real laid back managers cool just doesn't pay enough. The pay is minimum wage. Needs to offer employees a chance to earn pay raises.
Great place to work at
Customer Services Supervisor (Former Employee), sacramento,caJune 26, 2015
Working in here makes a person learn how to manage their time and become a fast hard working person. You also works as a team to get things done which is great.
retail store
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), waco, txJune 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: not good pay nor hours
I was the customer service supervisor so I would deal with any issues, questions or concerns customers may have in doing layaways and returns. I was over the front end cashiers as well. I also ran the cashier in the return department
ok
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good start to learn merchandising
Cons: management
If your in the Pittsburgh pa area. These two branches the management is horrible but one or two in each store. They are very degrading on how they treat their employees. Hours are bad unless you are a teen. The management expects you to work only on their schedules, if your in college they are reluctant to work with you. But, your co-workers on the floor are wonderful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job. With strong, – Read more

Burlington Coat Factory Salaries

$8.05 per hour
Receiving Associate
$8.05 per hour

Burlington Coat Factory Photos

I am the women to the left
my job