Burlington Coat Factory
1,769 reviews

Burlington Coat Factory Employer Reviews

hard work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 17, 2014
too much overtime to many young kids i really dont remember i havent really work there in such a long time so i really cant say much
typical retail
customer service supervisor (Former Employee), olathe kansaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great sales team
Burlington was a grat company to work for expect they didn't like giving raises when needed to.
Decent job
Merchandising Team Associate (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 17, 2014
Cons: no room for growth (promotion), minimal pay and minimal hours
I learned many skills and how to properly handle stress while working here. I enjoyed working with my coworkers as well.
Easy going work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYOctober 16, 2014
A typical day at work consists of me assisting customer in need of help and keeping the area I'm assigned in a neat manor. I learned how to interact with customers.The management was good and held weekly meeting. The co-workers at Burlington were friendly and respectable. The hardest part of the job was during holidays when the store had plenty of sales. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was being around the people I got to work with. – less
good company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), peabody maOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: people not showing up for shifts
after six months of employment, I was promoted to cust service manager and in charge of hiring,scheduling training cashiering opening closing and customer service.
Amazing managers, laid back job, they will hire ANYONE.
Associate (Former Employee), BettendorfOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great managers, laid back atmosphere, next to pizza ranch.
Cons: wal mart customers, 75 cent pops.
This is an easy gateway job into the world of retail. The managers were some of the most pleasant I have ever had. They are very flexible about your schedule if you talk with them. The pay is basic but that's probably normal for a retail job if you have no experience.

Like I said it's a great way to get into retail because they seem to have no standards – more... for who they hire. There is a high turnover rate so I understand why they hire people who.... might be better suited for some other kind of work.

I would recommend going to the store a few times if you have never been before you consider applying. Just to know what's up. – less
Fun and energetic workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discount on lunch, met many different people
Cons: satnading up long hours
Typical day at work would include me meeting and assisting many different people in a short amount of time. As far as work duties, I mainly helped with store presentation and anything one of the co-workers or managers would ask me to do. I learned how to interact with different people and got my first experiences with customer service. For the most – more... part all of my co-workers were nice and respectful but my job didn't require me to be involved with more than two of them regularly. The hardest part of the job was standing up on my feet for long hours and constantly being on the move. This was nothing I did not adjust to quickly though. The most enjoyable part of the job had be the constant interaction. – less
Not a very nice place to work at all...
Store Operations Head (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLOctober 15, 2014
To many Chiefs not enough indians.... people really couldn't do a good job due to upper management not being on the same page..
Very good place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 15, 2014
During my time I learned a lot and meet great people. It's a good job to have and a great team to be apart of, cause they believe in real teamwork.
Great for high school kids looking for part time work
Flow Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDOctober 14, 2014
Cons: horrible discount, not enough pay
Very Routine, decent people, not enough pay, not enough perks horrible store manager
Enjoy the team with which I work
Receiving/Stocker (Current Employee), Salem, OROctober 14, 2014
Great people and a decent company but the pay and lack of benefits are not suitable. This is a good job but not a good career.
Productive and fun work place
Baby Depot Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Morrow, GAOctober 14, 2014
- Greeting customers
- Provided excellent customer service
- Restocking the department
- Selling baby supplies
A great place to work with positive energy
Sales Associate/ Student Worker (Former Employee), Compton, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: near by, friendly staff
Cons: that my student worker program is completed
Every day was a learning experience. Everyday something new, it's a very fast paced environment. The same faces the same people you get to know them you get to care for them. It was a enjoyable experience.
Last Job I had before joining the Air Force
Customer service (Former Employee), Monroe, LaOctober 11, 2014
This was a good job, clean work place, nice co-worker, and not a bad work environment.
its a busy stressful job
Cashier/Retailer (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: messy
its great for those who like department stores but its a bit mess and work..
Good retail store to work for.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Salem, OROctober 10, 2014
Typical day was cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and credit/debit card machine. Management was ok, not always the best. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the computer to search for items that had no tag and didn't have any others in the store. The most enjoyable part – more... was the people I worked with. – less
Fun place to work
Mens Associate/Clerk (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILOctober 10, 2014
Overall a great place to work. it was only part time, would have liked to work full time hours
Not a good place to work.
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: compensation was decent
Cons: management was absolutely horrible
In general, nobody worked together towards a common goal and upper management was rude and inconsistent with expectations. I have to say this was the absolute worst place I have ever worked for.
stay away
receiving supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: exceptional co-workers
Cons: unbalanced regional ops manager
store manager constantly throws subordinates under the bus out of fear for her job. Regional team looks for reasons to make life more difficult for store manager and it flows down hill from there. Used to be a great place to work now its Kohl's.
My work environment
Customer Service Supervisor / Markdown Team Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: the overall hours & great staff.
Cons: no benefits.
I am the over seer of a great staff of 3 to the markdown team at Burlington. My work load provided by my fare & just manager consists of preparing downloaded markdown paper work & assist with the execution of merchandising & operational function to my company's standards within the specific department. The tedious task is insuring specific markdowns – more... yet it's also rewarding to know my job holds such specific detail of the overall company's capital. This improves on my attention to detail skills. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job. With strong, – Read more

Burlington Coat Factory Photos