Burlington Coat Factory

2.4K reviews

Burlington Coat Factory Employee Reviews

customer detail to attention
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, CASeptember 1, 2015
Fun and diverse workplace that allows those with a passion for fashion to bloom. this company showed true training in working together to complete tasks. the most important part of working here was working in conjuction with Co-workers and Superiors.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service/Layaway (Former Employee), Nashville TNAugust 31, 2015
Very nice place to work. Always busy. A days work consisted of ringing up customers merchandise. Everyone there was helpful in getting a days work done.
store deparment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Carolina, PRAugust 31, 2015
resolve customer issues related to exchanges , layaways and returns. answer questions about products and services. process transactions store, i am passionate about working with clients. but i no have reliable transportation to/from work.
i enjoy assisting customers.and the over all satisfation of them leaiving happy.
Sales associate/ department lead baby and youth (Current Employee), Greenwood, INAugust 30, 2015
Pros: employee discounts, job satisfation, management makes sure we take all the breaks given
Cons: short lunch breaks, pay, health insurance
A typical day at work is fast paced. I assist customers with any questions they may have. I market merchandise to appeal to the needs of the customers. I answer phones calls from customers wanting assistance for example I answer any questions they have about a product. I perform tasks such as putting away returns, clean up any items dropped on the floor and arrange products to keep the appearance of my department organized and neatly placed. We are short staffed at the moment therefore I have to help with price checks in other departments also run cash register to keep the lines flowing quickly. Our management team consists of four different mangers that run their own sections of the store. their personalities differ. Overall I am satisfied with the manger that is over my department she is always willing to listen to any concerns I may have, any questions I may have are answered to the best of her knowledge. My co workers are always eager to help with anything that is asked of them. I think the hardest part of my job would have to be time management due to the fact I am being pulled from my department to help elsewhere therefore making it a challenge for me to complete the tasks I need to perform, besides the customer service aspect of my job. I wish there where more hours in my work day sometimes I feel 8 1/2 hours is not enough. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers. I get a lot of fulfillment in seeing a smiling face knowing I did my best to assist them in everyway I can think of. Customer interaction is definitely my favorite part of my job. The customer may not always be happy about a situation ,by the end of the encounter they are happy and feel that I did my job to the best of my ability. I ensure they leave with the knowledge they need to get what they want or have something similar to what they were looking for to begin with.
Stock
Stock Person (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 30, 2015
Working in a clothes factory and in stock was a stress relief b/c all it is stock and putting items on the floor. The hours may or not be flexible depending on the workload of each day.
Just another job
Shoe Department Associate and Mark Down Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 28, 2015
The hours were not to my liking. Noticed that some employees had a better pull with the managers. The pay was ok, but should have been more. I liked that my family and i could recieve discounts on items.
Productive fun place to work
Receiving/Material Handler (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: always took care of employees
it was a good experience for me learned
a lot in retail business had a lot
of fun working here i would go back if
i had the opportunity
high pace enviornment with constant customer interaction
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 28, 2015
Pros: discounts on certain products
Cons: the company offered little to no health benifits or chances to move up within the company.
working at the front of the store allowed for much employee -to- customer interaction, which could be pretty challenging and at times fun. dealing with difficult customers on a busy day was about the hardest part of the job but through this I've learned how to quickly resolve most problems.
Worst job I've ever had in my 20 years working..
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Braintree, MAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: 10 percent discount for you and family everyday, 25 percent a few times a yr
Cons: To hot, talked to like we do nothing, never told thank you, supervisor needs serious people skills and actually find a way to earn respect.
I started about 4 months ago in shipping and receiving, I open, ticket, hang, and sensor clothes for 4 hours with 1 15 minute break. The supervisor has no people skills what so ever. She barks over and over c'mon c'mon there's more to do and every single day we walk back there she says "we have 9 bins to get through". We had 5 day before we couldn't get through what makes her think with lazy, talkative 18-20 year olds that can't seem to work and talk at the same time we are not getting through 9. Oh ya as she literally stands there doing nothing, not 1 thing. She won't help and not 1 kid out there respects her so they work even slower because she barks. She's never happy, never jokes or laughs to try and lighten the mood. They just don't understand that if moral is sour, and it is believe me, that by taking music away, yelling at us for talking and laughing, and new rule..depending on day, we can't move more than 4 feet from where we are working and they need to know if we run to bathroom. I feel like I should raise my hand to ask for bathroom pass. The store manager is around off and on kinda, but useless like the supervisor. They also have a new way of doing things faster and it might actually help, but then again it actually needs to be done more than 1 day. The only days they do it is when district managers are coming and act like we should know how to do it right. They wonder why district manager gets mad cuz we get nothing done, it's because of the way things are done, what they let people get away with, and the system they are "suppose" to use. Biggest thing that would – more... make everything get done is to have trash barrels for us or ticket guns that work so we don't waste time running all over place looking under tables, buried under clothes, right size clothes hangers, racks to put the items on, people who actually put clothes on floor. We still have bathing suits to go out. I would not help my worst enemy get a job there. The supervisor needs training on getting morals, how to get respect, biggest thing learn to respect your employees, smile, laugh, and help. She needs people skills, not how to make people hate their job so the call in all the time. Pay sucks, hours suck, it's way to hot back there and it puts me in a bad mood just thinking bout the days I had to work...I know I sound like I'm out to get them, I'm not I am just spent on hearing the same things everyday, not 1 positive thing to make anyone want to help or push themselves. Always complaining about something, if it's not how bad we are doing its about how behind and bad a differentry station is, or how life's so bad, feeling lousy, and then wonders why we leave exactly on time without cleaning or even finishing the stack we are working on. We have no reason to push ourselves because no matter how hard we do or how much we get done she never appreciates it at all, neither bosses do. A simple good job, thank you, have a good afternoon, good morning a smile or laugh would go so far. I think talking about negatively about your worker with her coworkers joining in is something anybody that's in a supervisors position should know that is the first rule, hence she needs to go through supervisor training course, having common sense might help as well. – less
Exciting
Linens Associate (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 27, 2015
Everyday was different. There was always something to do a new display or end cap. New products new season. Employee were helpful and knowledgeable.
Productive and Family Oriented environment.
FRONT END CLERK (Current Employee), Flint,MIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great people, any kind of food you can dream of, great discounts.
Cons: Sunday the mall closes at 6, so that kind of slows down our business since we're open until 9:30.
A typical day is very busy, customers are very sweet, we operate as a family there. Our store manager sees that everyone needs are met. The hardest part of the job is handling Sunday nights. The most enjoyable part of the day is the team and meetings we have to better our company. Our team is a team anyone would want to join.
Great posoition to hold. Great atmosphere
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 26, 2015
Protect internal and external theft on a daily basis. Run multiple investigation to prevent thefts. great room to grow . management was never settle.
productive
Temporary Receiving Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Eagle Pass, TXAugust 26, 2015
great place to work at, with supportive management. Easy and fun way to work with coworkers. I liked the fact that managers will always find a way to help workers
Fast working pace and good enviroment
Associate (Current Employee), el paso texasAugust 26, 2015
Productive workplace with good people. Happy environment and works with schedule also very understanding. Good pay and good hours. One of the best thing about working here is that we get to interact with the customers and we get to have better communication skills.
..........................................................................
Sale Associate (Former Employee), ..August 26, 2015
.......................................... it was very hard because I was limited to about 3 hrs aday, the boss was always crabby and she often left the store unattended
Great work environment, and management. Strongest team I've worked for yet.
Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent team, enthusiastic management who I feel are generally willing to help with any concern, fair pay for the work expected.
Cons: Part-time so no benefits, would be nice if they offered some form of healthcare plan.
I've generally been very satisfied here, the work environment was very welcoming and the management staff has been very genuine in their interest to help with any concerns. For example; I was working a shift I didn't particularly like, so my boss talked to the higher ups and was able to put me on the shift of my choosing by the end of my shift (which is only 4 hours long). The company isn't too demanding as far as work expectancy, the wages feel fair for the work. There is always a chance to move up in this company, everyday in the break room there are many job openings just listed up on the bulletin board encouraging current part-time associates to apply to those positions. I would recommend working here if you're looking for a steady, hands-on sort of job.
fun workpace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: not enough hours
enjoy working at burlington,good management get along with fellow co workers like the employee discount ,and lay away.like working and shopping there
Good company with great potential
Sportswear Associate (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Reasonable prices on items
Cons: Poor communication
The company's goals and values are very ethical. I love working for Burlington. However this particular branches management team is poor. I love my job, my coworkers and most of all the customers. A typical day at work is maintaining a safe and clean sales are, and occasionally, I am a cashier. The hardest part of y job is working on a Saturday night alone because the floor is huge and it gets really hectic. The most enjoyable part of my job is when customers ask me for my opinion and talking with them.
Clerical Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, NJAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Short breaks
The job is actually easy because all you doing is ticketing all day but it do get boring just standing in one spot all day doing the same thing but you do the job you are getting paid to do that's how I look at things.
really good place
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Haverhill, MAAugust 25, 2015
it was a good experience and getting out my comfort zone. i was always busy and on task the team member where very helpful and nice
Revenue