Burlington Coat Factory
2,204 reviews

Burlington Coat Factory Employee Reviews

okay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, NJMay 16, 2015
my first job. management was okay but did things their way not the right way. i was closing up the kitchen and had no business doing it because my supervisor wanted to leave early.
Fun Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 16, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: lack of security
A lot of involvement with supervisors and co workers and made my customer service improve. Merchandising and handling with cash was improved also.
ok job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Township of Brick, NJMay 16, 2015
i really didnt enjoy working here just didnt want to give it because it was hard to find another job, i just didnt like how the managers were extremely rude i just didnt like how they treated the employees
The work day was never boring as anything could happen on any given day when dealing with the public.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: The job hours were convenient for me.
Cons: I was interested in doing more challenging work.
During a typical day, I would check the employee roster and make sure that employees had reported for work. If not, I would begin to call other employees to see whether they could take an extra shift.

I would continually check the sales floor to make sure that merchandise was being shown in the best possible light. I would also periodically check to make sure that the pricing was as it should be, in that sale items were marked correctly.

I would fill in in areas where there was a need, such as the customer service desk. I found the job most enjoyable when I was able to satisfy a customers needs and could see how happy they were with my service.

I would oversee shipments of new items on a weekly basis, and confer with the general manager regarding the overall running of the store.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to deal with employee conflicts and perhaps even let someone go.
face to face
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Glen Oaks, NYMay 14, 2015
it allowed to build a person that i am today when it comes to interacting with people face to face but cleaning after them was alot to do.
Ugh!
Department Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: Management, scheduling, pay, co-worker (some of them), OMG!
I will never do it again. They don't pay enough for the job responsibilities. Management was not supportive and at times could become personal with you. If they didn't like you...they showed it.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2015
There is a lot of room for growth working for Burlington Coat Factory. It is a great place to learn all the different areas in retail. I enjoyed working for this company and have a lot of great memories. The management team was excellent and worked very hard.
Great workplace!
Customer service and Sales (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJMay 13, 2015
I enjoy working for Burlington, there is always something new to do and a new project to start. I love the people I work with and it's overall a great working environment.
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), auburn hillsMay 12, 2015
Enjoyed my waitressing job the crew and whole environment, my co workers where so friendly and lovable, team players.i learned how to work under pressure.
First Job so was a exciting experience.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Elgin, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: Got 10% off anything in the store.
Cons: At the time had a busy schedule so not alot of time for rest.
I would start off getting my draw from the manager on duty. Next I would go to the register I was assigned to and make sure the area was clean and organized. I spent most of my day ringing up customers. I was a closer because I was in high school so the hardest part was waking up in the morning after a long shift but the best part was the people I worked with were cool and fun to work with.
This was my first job and they taught me about good customer service and how to work a cash register. I was also taught about being professional and how to look professional.
Very employee oriented
Receiving/Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Salem, ORMay 11, 2015
I love working for burlington! I always look forward to going to work there, they are always striving to make employees lives better and they try hard to work around your schedules.

I have learned a new level of customer service and how to truly enjoy working with customers.

The hardest part of the job is that everyone wants to stay there so there isn't many opportunities for advancement.
The hardest part of the job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2015
The hardest park on this job was dealing with angry guest & finding the matching shoe to a shoe. I loved working there though it was a nice environment, clean & organized
Working For Burlington
Receiving Associate (part-time) (Current Employee), Joliet, ILMay 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts, first to see products coming in, making anyone day by smiling or helping
Cons: Hardly any hours, some people attitudes
A great environment for a first job. First-hand get a chance to experience the flow and keep up to date with the fashion. Co-workers are full of life and are very helpful if teamwork is properly demonstrated. Even-paced so you're never in much of a rush. Not much of a hard part at Burlington unless you're doing something that you aren't familiar with such as, another position other than your current position you were hired for.
Retail and Customer Service skills
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 9, 2015
Pros: working around clothes all day
Cons: low hour salary, no healthcare benefits, or 40k plans
helps give a introduction into the retail business and gives you more knowledge of customer service skills and relations.
I would not recomend anyone work there
Men's Sales floor Associate (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2015
Pros: Calling off is easy.
Cons: Poor pay, Poor hours, Lack of Training, Lack of communitcation.
They pay less than any retail store, Mirco manage meaning every decision is questioned and turned into a lengthy process. The hour are horrible. Their is no organization or communication.
Well managed store dedicated to customer satisfaction.
Cashier & Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 8, 2015
Clock in, Ring customers, clean & maintain the work area.
Great leadership demonstrated by the store manager.
Best part is seeing customers leave happily with their essential needs.
Loved working here!
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
My first job and I loved it. Pretty busy since it was on TV but that's what made it fun. Great food and a homey feel. Wish the pay was better or some kind of benefits.
It is a fun place to work,the employees are rather loving and always willing to help a fellow team mate.The managers are great and are always there.
Cashier (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDMay 7, 2015
I learn how to assist a customer based on their mood by practicing reciprocity.
Management is great since they're they're when called on or when there is a problem.
My co-workers are fun and loving people who teach me new things everyday and are always willing to help.
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet the entire day and having to do it all over the next day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers leave the store happy and satisfied.
Its fun when you actually have alot of customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: They pay weekly
Cons: They pay poorly for all the work we do
At Burlington as a cashier my usual routine is scan my work card and go straight into work, my supervisor assigns me into a cashier and there i am responsible Scan items and ensure pricing is correct.
Greet customers,Take coupons and scan correctly.Dispense correct change.Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
Ask for one or two forms of ID to confirm identity.Validate checks.
Issue receipts, refunds, and credits.Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.Change receipt paper as needed.
Resolve amount discrepancies.Bag items carefully.Weigh items.
Clean up checkout area Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners. Bag, box, or gift-wrap merchandise.Process returns and check to see if items are damaged. Answer customers' questions and get a manager if answer doesn't solve the issue.Cash checks and provide change.
Return unwanted items to shelves.
Good work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Braintree, MAMay 6, 2015
Good company, could have used better management.
A typical day would be working in the shoe department or checking out customers at the cash register.

About Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job. With strong, – Read more

Burlington Coat Factory Salaries

Sales Associate
Cashier
Customer Service Representative
$8.25 per hour
Receiving Associate
Cashier/Customer Service

Burlington Coat Factory Photos

I am the women to the left
my job