Burlington Coat Factory
2,146 reviews

Burlington Coat Factory United States Employee Reviews

Burlington is a good comapany to work for.
Warehouse Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVApril 8, 2015
Burlington is a good company to work for because, There is room to move up in the company. They work with you on your schedule if you have to go to a doctors appointment or what not
best retail place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: very short breaks
Did a lot at this place. Mainly worked the whole store. did the fitting rooms, worked in the baby deparment. people were very nice and fun to work with. bosses were very nice.
A job to pick if if your interested in working with and helping people.
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2015
Talking to customers about the latest trends has to be the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned that if you are really in to fashion this is not the job for you because you'll end up spending every paycheck on many of the great buys. I work with a lot of great people. Overall its what I expected it to be for a 1st job.
customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 7, 2015
This was my first job that I had to approach customers so it took me out of my comfort zone. It made me more out going and into my own person. Taught me how to talk to people in a way that they wanted what we were selling.
good place bad communication with management
Customer Service/ LEVEL (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 7, 2015
overall its a great place to grow in the company under the right management. unfortunately while working management lacked the skills to communicate with each other and the employees.
Retail life
Sales Attendant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed my department because i worked in the baby department. I had fun and I got to learn about many different products.
Comfortable environment, however hours may drag
Greeting and assisting customers in their area (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: management
Depending on the shift I am assign, regulates how my day goes. Working early morning shifts are the best because there is more work to be done which makes the day go by fast.
For the most part, I work during the evenings when much work isn't needed to be done in the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with others, whether it be my co-workers or customers, their conversations are usually friendly and keep me going through my day.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Westborough, MAApril 5, 2015
Pros: flexiable with shedules
Cons: low staff, high turnover rate due to payrate
Good place to work. The pay rate should be more for the amount of work certain positions. Management is very good with giving hours when needed or giving time off when needed.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Stocker/cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, okApril 3, 2015
Pros: ok discounts, weekly pay
Cons: not begin able to reach goal sometime
A typical day is opening the store helping customers, stocking merchandise, and making sure goals within the company are met.

What I have learned is that no matter the postion your are in you can also do it.
'

Management is awesome.

Co-workers was claim and cool to work with.

The hardest part of the job not being able to make sure everyone is happy with transaction at the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the joy was my customers.
burnlington coat factory
Customer Service (Former Employee), Trenton, NJApril 3, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: 15 min break
this was a very great job ,i was ticketing prices it was a very fast paist job ..it was a seasonal job i didnt Work here for too long other then that it was pretty awesone .
Extremely productive and fun job.
Layaway Associate (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: Working more than three days straight.
Cons: Not enough hours during the week.
Working at Burlington was the best job I have had so far. My typical days would be clocking in, already feeling the great vibe around, and enjoy doing my job. As a layaway associate I learned a lot how to talk to customers because not only did I collect customers' items to layaway, but I also greeted them at the main entrance as soon and they walked in and help them locate the items they want to see. The managers are always around the store looking to help, whether it is a coworker or a customer. The coworkers were very straight forward in doing their respective job. The hardest part of the job was whenever I closed the store. The store had to have all areas clean and neat, and it takes a while. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping customers because it feels great seeing them satisfied after you help them.
Good Experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great retail experience
Cons: Short breaks and long hours
As a college sophomore, I worked retail on weekends working around 14 hours a week. Six hours on Saturday and 8 on Sunday. A typical day at work was nonstop movement, which included ringing up customers, making returns on the floor, and directing customers to different floors for the item they were looking for. It was an incredibly demanding job and I developed a thick skin from it as I often times had to deal with unpleasant customers. My co-workers and managers were always helpful and supportive, constantly willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was constantly being up on my feet. The most enjoyable part was forming bonds with my coworkers.
good hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2015
great work hours
good with moving schedules around
good holiday discounts
friendly work environment with both co workers and managers
training was easy
A day at Burlington Coat factory
Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 1, 2015
My day is very physical and mental challenging processing freight all day and providing customer service everyday ETC
There is always work to be done..
accounting room auditor (Current Employee), Upper Darby, PAMarch 31, 2015
Always look for something new to do at work, from learning how to do key recs for new arriving merchandise, transfer out, build a crib a day at work is always looking to achieve something new to learn show my surperiors i want to be here and that i enjoy my job.
Fast pace work place with many obstacles.
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Hanover, MdMarch 31, 2015
I am a customer service cashier who deals with different obstacles everyday. They range from simple returns to outrages customers. I have to make decisions on if discounts are appropriate for the damage merchandise. I have to deal with layaways and make sure they are properly placed. Management are very unorganized but they are helpful to an extent.
Fun and friendly work enviorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Riverside, ILMarch 31, 2015
During my short time at Burlington I got along with both management and my coworkers extremely well. It made it fun to come to work knowing you're surrounded by positive energy.
NOt a good place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TxMarch 30, 2015
not very well maintained scheduling is horrible. not enough employees and will have you working till wee hours in the morning
Burlington Coat Factory
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at Burlington consisted of assisting customers with merchandise and processing their transaction. I learned hear how to deal with different personalities in the workplace. The management team was helpful at times, but at times they were under stress. My co-workers and I got along very well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers (which was my first encounter). I learned how to deal with them better. The most enjoyable part of this job was assisting customers with decisions.
Great Leadership Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great leadership roles
Cons: Don't pay much
Very interactive job. work with kids who been through struggles in life and try to keep them on the right track. Always in need of role models.

About Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job. With strong, – Read more

Burlington Coat Factory Salaries

Sales Associate
Cashier
Customer Service Representative
$8.20 per hour
Receiving Associate
Cashier/Customer Service

Burlington Coat Factory Photos

I am the women to the left
my job