Burlington Coat Factory
2,089 reviews

Burlington Coat Factory Employer Reviews

Nice environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Happy customers buying merchandise for a good price. I got a good experience handling lots of money as a cashier and in accounting balancing all the cash registers and safe and making the cash deposit from the stores sales for that day.
I love this company.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Burlington is a good company to work for,everyday i learn something new.They always cross train you to better yourself.
Retail Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Upper Darby, PAFebruary 21, 2015
management is not on the same page.. I am full-time sales associate but my find myself cleaning everyday each shift I work because a shortage of staff
Nice place to work
Security Officer, SORA certified (Former Employee), Burlington, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: too much overtime
Very good place to work. Lots of opportunities and a lot of overtime. The pay was good and the company offered 401k and health benefits.
Okay place to work.
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: some friendly co-workers
Cons: the mangers and some of the css bad attitudes.
It is an okay place to work. If you need like a Part-Time job so you will not feel bored at home, but it is not a great place to work if you need to make ends meet. The management there is not bad but also not great. I have meet a lot of great people working there
Great workplace for first time workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: exceptional employee discount, good management, co worker friendly environment
Cons: low wage pay
A regular day at Burlington Coat Factory consists of Greeting and helping customers , maintaining the floor to look presentable & organizing merchandise if needed.
I have discovered from this job how to interact with people and give exceptional customer service.
Co workers were helpful in the aspect of helping one another as well as interacting with one another.
working and Re stocking from fitting room was the most enjoyable part of the job simply because your helping customers from the fitting room as well as organizing the floor with merchandize from the fitting room.
An okay place to work like retail.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York,NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good staffing.
Cons: disorganized manegment, very little hours given .
Its ok again if you like to work with retail. I've worked there since the store has opened on 14th union square. The head bosses are completely disorganized. The hours aren't good.
You are able to grow and be promoted within the company
Assistant Store Manager-Operations (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYFebruary 18, 2015
The company is about moving employee's up within the company instead of hiring managers off the street.
Enjoyed getting to visit and help the customers that come into the store.
Being able to build a good work enviorment with the other managers and associates that work there.
Great place to work , customers make it extra fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the ability to meet new people
Cons: don't spend more than your paycheck is worth, it's addicting...lol, lol and the have layaway
I have worked there for 5 years and have made great friends(coworkers and customers). This place teaches you a lot about customer service and how to relate to customers. The hardest part of the job is relying on self control when it comes to purchasing merchandise because it is very affordable. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers!!! I've made a few lifelong friends :)
Fun workplace
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day is very busy and the day goes by fast. very nice people to work with. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting productivity
n/a
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: terrible job
It was my first job but not my best there , I didn't learn anything there but clean and organizing departments. I help with customers at times but most of the time I didn't do much, the managers were very unhelpful and the employees were rude.
Very fun place with flexible schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: benefits, the pay, and advancement
The workflow is great at Burlington. The schedule is flexible. Co-workers are great. The hardest part about the job and waiting and waiting for customers to get out of the place when closing and also cleaning after customers (adults, that is) constantly can be tedious and exhausting. Most enjoyable part is when the busy days come, the time goes by quick.
Productive work place.
Sales/Cashier (Current Employee), Portage, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: family time
A typical day for me was to come in every morning and make sure all the go backs go back on the floor for the customers. Make sure fitting rooms were empty and ready to. I have learned to have patience with management and with customers. The hardest part of my job is when my co-workers don't pull there weight with work. The best part of my job is meeting new customers.
Good training
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2015
They were very helpful with training in retail aspects. I learned the register and computer systems, stocking and inventory, customer satisfaction. The best of the job for me was setting up the holiday displays.
young adults
Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Harlem, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: making mistakes
Cons: the pay sucks
This company is for young adults. They worked with whatever hours. I was able to work. since I am a single parent.
management is okay there down to earth and the customers are easy to handle
Cashier
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2015
Answered customers’ questions also addressed problems and complaints in person and via phone. Helped customers select products that best fit their personal needs. Informed customers about all product lines and services offered by the company. Directed strategic and brand-appropriate marketing initiatives to improve presentation and maximize sales. Communicated to customers about products also quality which include value and style? Balanced the needs of multiple customers’ in a simultaneously fast –paced environment.
It's Okay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks, the way management treats employees, bad pay
I liked the job when I was first hired but ever since new management came in, everything went downhill. I would not recommend anyone work for this particular burlington unless it's a last resort. I loved my coworkers but management is truly terrible. They don't know the meaning of respect.
great customers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Antioch, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: love the customers, clothes and discounts
Cons: lack of consistent hours, disorganization
Burlington Coat Factory was a bittersweet experience, I gained alot of regular customers and positive feed back. Management does not back there employees. BCF stiffs you for raises and does not give benefits.
Productive Fun Place To Work
Markdown Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: seasonal job
What I Learned While Working Here Was How To Use A Gun That Changes The Price Of An Item.
Hardest Part Of The Job Was Working With Rude Customers.
Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Was Working With My Co-Workers.
My Co-Workers Were Fun And We Worked As A Team.
great enviroment
Sales (Current Employee), McAllen, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Great environment, good job, good part time hours, friendly people, good clothes, nice shoes, great service, large store, many departments

About Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job. With strong, – Read more

Burlington Coat Factory Photos