BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE

BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Very educational place of employment
Test Center Proctor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: meet lots of students
Administer Tests in the Test Center
Log in students in the Tutoring Center and assign tutors
Co-workers are wonderful
Administering different tests can be hard especially during finals
Meeting different people is wonderful
BCC
Current Employee (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJDecember 9, 2014
Burlington County College, a comprehensive community college, provides all individuals access to affordable and quality education.
Goals

To provide an educational experience that encourages the individual to think critically and to examine and clarify ethical, personal and political values.
To prepare individuals for transfer to four-year colleges, for employment in business and industry and for new career skills.
To enable individuals to strengthen their academic skills through adaptive learning, counseling and academic support.
To enrich the quality of life by sponsoring cultural, recreational and personal interest activities through an extensive program of community and continuing education.
To engage in partnerships with the private and public sectors and to implement programs that address their identified employment needs.
To provide state-of-the-art technologies in the education and training of all individuals through an appropriate mix of delivery systems.
Great Team and the ability for Creativity
Video Producer (Former Employee), Pemberton, New Jersey, United States of AmericaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great people, creative freedom
Worked from pre production to post production on a vast amount of events and edited videos for promotional purposes. Gained so much experience from a great team which gave me more confidence and more creativity.
Great school that provides an affordable, good quality education.
Senior Adjunct Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJSeptember 22, 2014
I have had nothing but GREAT experiences during my time with BCC (Pemberton, NJ). From Executive to Support Staff. This school really does care about people. Students and Staff. I began there in August 2006 and taught face-to-face courses every semester until the Summer of this year (2014) when I moved to my home-state of South Carolina and thus began teaching online/distance learning courses for the college.
Library
Student Worker (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Quiet, great job! It was fun working with fellow college students that allowed me to become my inner nerd.
Experience I gained from being a teacher's assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJuly 30, 2014
Pros: experience as well as obtained college credit
Cons: contract ended
A typical day at work consisted of assisting students with homework assignments, organizing students into group formation, explaining projects and assignments in addition to answering student's questions in concert with lead teacher,made sure students stayed on track with assignments, clean room as students leave and inform them to sign out, organizing assigned room prior to students' departure, and insuring safety and accurate sign out procedure. With this position, I learned that becoming a teacher was what I wanted to do in life as well as obtaining the basic skills to become a teacher. The challenging part of of the position was when I began the position and I was often handling student's frustrations (both learning and social frustrations). Though as I learned the students, it became easier for me to work with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was impacting their learning and understanding of the material.
Loved working here
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJApril 10, 2014
I would still be working here if it wasn't for a temp position
Productive and fun workplace
Counseling Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good training, nice atmosphere
Cons: lack of upward mobility
My time at BCC was enjoyable. I worked in the counseling department. I liked the atmosphere and faculty and staff I worked with.
Good Public School To Work For
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 9, 2014
Great company to work for. Schedules are selected for you however you can pick if you want to teach the course or not. The school is very flexible with you.
Gratifying and rewarding environment
Teacher's assistant (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Assisted children with the daily routine
Assisted teacher with daily activities
Cleaned up the classroom
Other duties as assigned
Family orientated work place
Dispatcher/Security Officer (Former Employee), New Lisbon, NJNovember 16, 2013
Pros: benifits and education
Cons: working weekends and holidays
A typical day at work consited of securing the surrounding perrimeter I learned how to deal with conflict, Management was excellent very understanding always willing to work with your schedule changes, I worked well with all of my coworkers, the hardest part of the job was dealing for disresptful students, the most enjoyable part ofthe job was working with disabled students.
Management was great to work for.
Pressman/Mac Operator/Bindery Operator (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJSeptember 11, 2013
Co-workers were great to work with. Learned how to run 4 color process.
productive and fun work with this field.
Student Teaching (Former Employee), Mt.Laurel, New JerseyAugust 14, 2013
Teaching College Psychology provides undergraduates an exciting opportunity to participate in planning and teaching Psychology 2, Abnormal Psychology. This was a great opportunity to find out what teaching is like and it is an excellent way to review for the subject psychology course. The class help students increase their public speaking skill and understand group dynamic. Improving student’s relationship with teachers has important, positive and long- lasting implication for student social development.

Student teaching was great experience for me, it was my internship with my own professor. Had great experience of teaching student
N/A
Student Worker, Nursing Lab (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJAugust 6, 2013
Nursing Lab student worker position. No further comments.
Fun environment Fun People
Student Proctor (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJune 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: temporary
Explain survey to students and professors, administer survey and collect data

Communication Skills
Interpersonal relationship development

The management was top notch and willing to help any time someone had a question or problem

Co-workers were fun loving and funny people who loved to do their job.

The hardest part of my job was when the season ended

The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to new people and developing relationships with students and professors
Productive and pleasant
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJune 5, 2013
Pros: good ethics
Cons: n/a
Management and staff are productive . Pleasant work enviroment
Good experience in a well supported environment for teaching
Adjunct Professor, SMT dept. (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJMay 21, 2013
Pros: materials are provided as needed, excellent position for someone who loves to teach.
Cons: salary could be better.
Interaction with staff is easy and they are available via email, response is relatively quick. Material is available as needed such as syllabus, text and access to lecture notes from publishers.

It has provided me a valuable teaching experience in a diverse setting. I have had various course disciplines and have always had an opportunity to present material in a different perspective. I get enough leeway to present material so that the students can understand what I am presenting
The workers and local environment are wonderful. The higher part of the administration has a LOT to learn about working with people and education.
Art Teacher / Division Chair (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJOctober 29, 2012
Pros: there was lost of help in learning about testing and evaluations.
Cons: nothing
When I was there, BCC had more legal problems than most colleges. I feel they did not understand the difference between the law and morality. And, this may have caused the problems. Not all - but - most people will respond to any situation in a like manner. Anger produces anger. --- Friendship produces friendship. -- etc

I am sure things must have changed.

The good part was most of the workers tried their best to help students and the other workers. I feel they did this out of mutual respect. All the teachers were dedicated to teaching. Thus, the quality of the environment was high.

The hardest part of the job and what I learned --?? The "higher " the degree a person has the less likely they can see options to ANY situation. Most students are eager to learn - but have a preconceived notion as to what that is and means. Everyone needs to work on being open minded.

I am sure many people feel the same way about their previous locations. So, this may be lopsided -- if nothing else -- by time.
Fun workplace with caring service. Great Team
Financial Aid Officer/Veteran Certifying Official (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJOctober 24, 2012
Pros: always had many activities for employees.
Cons: small cubicles
I would always walk in with a smile and ready to go above and beyond to help others. I learned many new jobs and how to manage my time to our mutual benefit and that with a smile you can change a difficult situation into a small one. I had a very good relationship with management and loved my co-workers. Working at BCC I made many friends and the hardest part of my job was having to leave it due to military orders of my spouse. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I worked with and the students. I love helping people.
overall business
Student Worker - EOF (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJAugust 1, 2012
Pros: works with your school schedule and daily life
Cons: doesnt always guarantee hours
working at burlington county college i can say i have learned how hard it is to put and keep someones education intact . through filing, copying , and inputting information into the computer and files . the management and coworkers are your average people that you go to school with or work with but they are the biggest help when you need it .i would definitely recommend that anyone who is studying with BCC and EOF if they have a student worker job take it the pay may not be much but it helps especially if your a student and a parent