BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Decent Student Job
Peer Advisor, Advising and Registration Department (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJuly 21, 2015
Assisted students with registering for classes online. Consisted of a lot of sitting and waiting. It was an ideal job for a student; as there was time to do assignments. Great satisfaction in helping others.
Responsibilites as a Academic Tutor
Academic Tutor (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJune 15, 2015
Pros: Happy to help others in need
Cons: Shorts Breaks
Providing academic support during assigned hours
Performing front desk activities, including scheduling, record-keeping, and tutoring-coordination
Developing a full working knowledge of academic skills development materials and strategies.
Good Place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJApril 25, 2015
Good Place to work. Good co workers. For the most part students are motivated to learn. Good pay, good schedule. I would recommend
Summary of Job
Adjunct Professor/English Composition/ESL (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJApril 15, 2015
The management is always willing to help and go above and beyond their job descriptions. The pay could be higher, but my co-workers and students make the workday worthwhile.
Nice place to work
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Pay is not what it should be.
Busy, great co-workers management is fair. Free use of the library and can take classes for free. Became a CPO while working.
Enjoyable experience
Full time grandmother and Full time student (Former Employee), homeFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: continuing education/enjoying my grandson
Fully enjoyed returning to school after 26 years and spending time with my grandson while his mother worked full time. Very proud of my accomplishment with maintaining a 3.6 GPA while caring for my grandson
Offset Press Technician
Offset Press Tech/ Bindery Oper/Mail Room Spec. (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Typical day at work was to turn on all equipment and get everything ready for the work day and for my co workers that came in an hour after I did. I was multifunctional in my job. I handled secretarial duties, data entry, prepress, bindery, copier transfer and running 1,2, & 4 Color presses. I was cross trained to handle the mail room when my supervisor became head of that department
My co workers were great to work. The hardest part if the job was the poor ventilation causing medical problems
The most enjoyable part of the job was this is what I went to school for and was in the business for almost 15 years
Very educational place of employment
Test Center Proctor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: meet lots of students
Administer Tests in the Test Center
Log in students in the Tutoring Center and assign tutors
Co-workers are wonderful
Administering different tests can be hard especially during finals
Meeting different people is wonderful
BCC
Current Employee (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJDecember 9, 2014
Burlington County College, a comprehensive community college, provides all individuals access to affordable and quality education.
Goals

To provide an educational experience that encourages the individual to think critically and to examine and clarify ethical, personal and political values.
To prepare individuals for transfer to four-year colleges, for employment in business and industry and for new career skills.
To enable individuals to strengthen their academic skills through adaptive learning, counseling and academic support.
To enrich the quality of life by sponsoring cultural, recreational and personal interest activities through an extensive program of community and continuing education.
To engage in partnerships with the private and public sectors and to implement programs that address their identified employment needs.
To provide state-of-the-art technologies in the education and training of all individuals through an appropriate mix of delivery systems.
Great Team and the ability for Creativity
Video Producer (Former Employee), Pemberton, New Jersey, United States of AmericaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great people, creative freedom
Worked from pre production to post production on a vast amount of events and edited videos for promotional purposes. Gained so much experience from a great team which gave me more confidence and more creativity.
Great school that provides an affordable, good quality education.
Senior Adjunct Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee), Pemberton, NJSeptember 22, 2014
I have had nothing but GREAT experiences during my time with BCC (Pemberton, NJ). From Executive to Support Staff. This school really does care about people. Students and Staff. I began there in August 2006 and taught face-to-face courses every semester until the Summer of this year (2014) when I moved to my home-state of South Carolina and thus began teaching online/distance learning courses for the college.
Library
Student Worker (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Quiet, great job! It was fun working with fellow college students that allowed me to become my inner nerd.
Experience I gained from being a teacher's assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJuly 30, 2014
Pros: experience as well as obtained college credit
Cons: contract ended
A typical day at work consisted of assisting students with homework assignments, organizing students into group formation, explaining projects and assignments in addition to answering student's questions in concert with lead teacher,made sure students stayed on track with assignments, clean room as students leave and inform them to sign out, organizing assigned room prior to students' departure, and insuring safety and accurate sign out procedure. With this position, I learned that becoming a teacher was what I wanted to do in life as well as obtaining the basic skills to become a teacher. The challenging part of of the position was when I began the position and I was often handling student's frustrations (both learning and social frustrations). Though as I learned the students, it became easier for me to work with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was impacting their learning and understanding of the material.
Loved working here
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJApril 10, 2014
I would still be working here if it wasn't for a temp position
Productive and fun workplace
Counseling Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good training, nice atmosphere
Cons: lack of upward mobility
My time at BCC was enjoyable. I worked in the counseling department. I liked the atmosphere and faculty and staff I worked with.
Good Public School To Work For
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 9, 2014
Great company to work for. Schedules are selected for you however you can pick if you want to teach the course or not. The school is very flexible with you.
Gratifying and rewarding environment
Teacher's assistant (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Assisted children with the daily routine
Assisted teacher with daily activities
Cleaned up the classroom
Other duties as assigned
Family orientated work place
Dispatcher/Security Officer (Former Employee), New Lisbon, NJNovember 16, 2013
Pros: benifits and education
Cons: working weekends and holidays
A typical day at work consited of securing the surrounding perrimeter I learned how to deal with conflict, Management was excellent very understanding always willing to work with your schedule changes, I worked well with all of my coworkers, the hardest part of the job was dealing for disresptful students, the most enjoyable part ofthe job was working with disabled students.
Management was great to work for.
Pressman/Mac Operator/Bindery Operator (Former Employee), Pemberton, NJSeptember 11, 2013
Co-workers were great to work with. Learned how to run 4 color process.
productive and fun work with this field.
Student Teaching (Former Employee), Mt.Laurel, New JerseyAugust 14, 2013
Teaching College Psychology provides undergraduates an exciting opportunity to participate in planning and teaching Psychology 2, Abnormal Psychology. This was a great opportunity to find out what teaching is like and it is an excellent way to review for the subject psychology course. The class help students increase their public speaking skill and understand group dynamic. Improving student’s relationship with teachers has important, positive and long- lasting implication for student social development.

Student teaching was great experience for me, it was my internship with my own professor. Had great experience of teaching student