BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive place to work with a cooperative spirit among the faculty
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 26, 2017
Burlington County College department of Language Arts strove to provide all students in their foundational courses with a balanced curriculum meeting their needs to assist them in developing their oral and written expression skills to be able to benefit and succeed in their a college education.
Student job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJJuly 25, 2017
This was a student job, mostly answering phone calls and filing, it was a work study job, worked with other students. Not difficult of a job not very rewarding
Fast Paced
Pallet Receivng Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edgewater Park, NJJuly 9, 2016
Dynamic and changing on a day to day basis. involved management, great training. Would work here again. Every day is different
College Environment
Adjunct Professor - Philosophy (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJJune 13, 2016
Great Students and great atmosphere. There is just enough supervision to help and not hinder the classroom experience. Only work part time so I am not sure how the internal politics are.
convenient occupation while attending school
administrative offices (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 4, 2016
This job was ideal for me at the time working in the school administrative offices. It allowed me to minimize travel between classes.
Helpful professors and advisors
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 6, 2015
I love this college, and love being a part of the growth in RCBC So many choices and options in choosing a entry level career or changing careers completely. There is something for everyone at RCBC
The college faculty and community as a whole is so close and connected that I feel like I know everyone personally.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 22, 2015
Ambassador’s primary function is to help prospective students understand the benefits of attending Rowan College at Burlington County and to recruit students who are interested in attending. Ambassador’s show leadership, professionalism, pride and the desire to promote RCBC as an institution while delivering superior customer service at all times. The success of this program depends on a strong foundation built by devoted students.
Pros
Helping prospective people and families
Cons
Must currently be enrolled with < 6 Credits
I loved working here
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 20, 2015
I loved helping students, and thats mostly what you do. I don’t have much else to say about working at the college I enjoyed my time there and would go back if the pay was better, but as a college student myself I needed a better paying job.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Pay
Decent Student Job
Peer Advisor, Advising and Registration Department (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 21, 2015
Assisted students with registering for classes online. Consisted of a lot of sitting and waiting. It was an ideal job for a student; as there was time to do assignments. Great satisfaction in helping others.
Responsibilites as a Academic Tutor
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 15, 2015
Providing academic support during assigned hours
Performing front desk activities, including scheduling, record-keeping, and tutoring-coordination
Developing a full working knowledge of academic skills development materials and strategies.
Pros
Happy to help others in need
Cons
Shorts Breaks
Good Place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJApril 25, 2015
Good Place to work. Good co workers. For the most part students are motivated to learn. Good pay, good schedule. I would recommend
Summary of Job
Adjunct Professor/English Composition/ESL (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJApril 15, 2015
The management is always willing to help and go above and beyond their job descriptions. The pay could be higher, but my co-workers and students make the workday worthwhile.
Nice place to work
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJApril 14, 2015
Busy, great co-workers management is fair. Free use of the library and can take classes for free. Became a CPO while working.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay is not what it should be.
Enjoyable experience
Full time grandmother and Full time student (Former Employee) –  homeFebruary 17, 2015
Fully enjoyed returning to school after 26 years and spending time with my grandson while his mother worked full time. Very proud of my accomplishment with maintaining a 3.6 GPA while caring for my grandson
Pros
continuing education/enjoying my grandson
Offset Press Technician
Offset Press Tech/ Bindery Oper/Mail Room Spec. (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Typical day at work was to turn on all equipment and get everything ready for the work day and for my co workers that came in an hour after I did. I was multifunctional in my job. I handled secretarial duties, data entry, prepress, bindery, copier transfer and running 1,2, & 4 Color presses. I was cross trained to handle the mail room when my supervisor became head of that department
My co workers were great to work. The hardest part if the job was the poor ventilation causing medical problems
The most enjoyable part of the job was this is what I went to school for and was in the business for almost 15 years
Very educational place of employment
Test Center Proctor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJDecember 18, 2014
Administer Tests in the Test Center
Log in students in the Tutoring Center and assign tutors
Co-workers are wonderful
Administering different tests can be hard especially during finals
Meeting different people is wonderful
Pros
Meet lots of students
Bcc
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJDecember 9, 2014
Burlington County College, a comprehensive community college, provides all individuals access to affordable and quality education.
Goals

To provide an educational experience that encourages the individual to think critically and to examine and clarify ethical, personal and political values.
To prepare individuals for transfer to four-year colleges, for employment in business and industry and for new career skills.
To enable individuals to strengthen their academic skills through adaptive learning, counseling and academic support.
To enrich the quality of life by sponsoring cultural, recreational and personal interest activities through an extensive program of community and continuing education.
To engage in partnerships with the private and public sectors and to implement programs that address their identified employment needs.
To provide state-of-the-art technologies in the education and training of all individuals through an appropriate mix of delivery systems.
Great Team and the ability for Creativity
Video Producer (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, New Jersey, United States of AmericaOctober 10, 2014
Worked from pre production to post production on a vast amount of events and edited videos for promotional purposes. Gained so much experience from a great team which gave me more confidence and more creativity.
Pros
Great people, creative freedom
Great school that provides an affordable, good quality education.
Senior Adjunct Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJSeptember 22, 2014
I have had nothing but GREAT experiences during my time with BCC (Pemberton, NJ). From Executive to Support Staff. This school really does care about people. Students and Staff. I began there in August 2006 and taught face-to-face courses every semester until the Summer of this year (2014) when I moved to my home-state of South Carolina and thus began teaching online/distance learning courses for the college.
Library
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Quiet, great job! It was fun working with fellow college students that allowed me to become my inner nerd.