Burlington Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,210 reviews matching the search
Working with a lot of different people that were nice individuals.
Shipping and sales representive (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 23, 2016
The atmosphere was very calm and easy going, managers always set up the stores break room for holidays and before each shift there was a meeting with all store workers just to go over sales and different other accomplishments the day before
Pros
Every store worker got a pretty good discount on any item in the store
Cons
There were no full-time positions open due to the number of employees
Burlington Coat Factory
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2016
Such a great place to work at has great deals and nice co-workers everyone work as a team to get the job done . The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer day.
One of my worst jobs ever
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2016
At first I loved my job. The store manager was great, and my crew was amazing. Then My store manager had left due to issues he was having with corporate. When he left everything went south. Corporate started to panic and they were pushing everyone farther than necessary. We were all working 12-14 hours shifts, some were working doubles being there from open to close then having to work overnight for floor changes and coming in to open again. The atmosphere was horrible with the management. I was a receiving supervisor and my team was amazing we had a lot of fun working and still managed to get the job done. But recognition was never given to my team and especially not to me. We were always told that we weren't going fast enough and that if we weren't sweating we weren't working. I would get a 300 carton truck and be scheduled 4 people if I'm lucky and have from 6-10 to unload, tag (pricing) push to the floor and put out on the shelves. That doesn't include the clothing that has to be opened out of bags, tagged (pricing) hung up and then put on a rack to go out. Also there are shoes, we have to un-box, tag, security sensor, place on a cart and put them up pair by pair. One by one my team started to quit because of upper management. In turn it caused me to have to work even longer hours, well into the night because of the demand for it to be done and then I would get yelled at because I was over 40 hours for the week and my team were only allowed part time at minimum wage with the demand on them to perform above and beyond their pay. Overall this job sucked, the employees are  more... mistreated and if you are in the higher management authority or seriously brown nose these people then you aren't anything but a disposable wipe. Being completely mistreated and then forced out of your own job because no matter what you say you are told oh well because corporate only believed upper management not back end supervisors. My team was threatened and as of now only 2 out of the 10 I had stayed. What is sad is that all of these problems continued and got worse even after they found a new store manager which took 3 months.  less
Pros
management gets decent pay and decent benefits
Cons
horrible management, poor planning, horrible pay for line staff. morally inept
Great place to gain customer service interactions
Mark Down Leader/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
A typical day was marketing down items that vendor have lower so customers can get materials at fair prices, establishing a team goal daily, making sure all met requirements are achieved by managements liking. Learned patience with older customers is the most a value because they are the most consistent customers and loyal when they get the right amount of support. My management were understanding when it came to scheduling since i was a full time student and part time worker, they allowed me to call in on any day and was able to provide me with a task. My co-worker's are helpful in many ways they go out their ways to help another. Hardest part working at Burlington Coat Factory was the prolong amount of standing with very little time for breaks. I enjoyed the activities the management did provide for the staffs on holidays and the environment/ community volunteer help we provided.
Pros
great staff activities and good amount of weekly hours
Cons
short breaks, prolong standing and low income
Awful place to work i would never recommend this place to anybody EVER
Retail (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 19, 2016
I worked at this location for almost two years in the beginning it felt like any other job. it was great. The hours for me were convenient. but as the months went by the managers began to show you their true colors. First, one thing that is definitely clear about this burlington in general is that they 100% dont value their employees. In their eyes we have no life. I say this because of the way ive experienced theyve treated my coworkers including me with pure disrespect. If you really want to know what its like to be disrespected become an employee here. The managers here do not take their own job seriously. Leave it to them to consistently make "mistakes" on schedules and call you on your days off (apparently, they are so lazy that they let the computer generate the schedule making). Leave it to them to constantly forget to not schedule you on days you asked them not to. They have very little interest in the environment and relationship the employees have with each other. It doesnt matter how many times you go to them for help for any kind of concern. All they will do is watch you talk. Not to mention they sure do love making inappropriate and unnecessary comments about their employees behind their backs. They think that just because theyve gotten along with a few employees in the store and make little secretive comments that these employees arent actually going to tell other employees in the store. Bottom line is..i wasnt going to leave this place without having the last laugh. I WOULD NEVER EVER recommend this place to anybody. This burlington has tainted me from the rest  more... of the burlingron stores and it will be the last time i work in one do yourselfa favor and look the other direction. This is not the place for you. At least not this burlington.

P.s i know of employees that have worked here for over 10 years and still rarely get a raise or advancement in the company. There is no recognition.
Pros
Cant comment on pros as i would not recommend this place either way
Cons
Poor managent, no advancement in company
An ok place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 18, 2016
I really don't have to much to say about this place. It was an ok place to work. But it wasn't for me.
The hours are fair.
The Management team was fair.
The environment was ok.
My coworkers was nice.
First Retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 18, 2016
Working for this company introduced me to my first retail job. I was so new that I didn't know what customer service was and how I was supposed to speak to a stranger. In fact, I'd always been a fairly shy person until this job. It really made me break out of my shell and learn not to be scared of communicating and to be confident with my voice. Some customers will be difficult but it's nothing we cant work around.
Pros
Co-workers, Scheduling System
Cons
Low Coverage
Review
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2016
It was a good company to work for. The company did not have a good work life balance in place. I worked on all weekends and holidays.
Pros
Discount on items you purchased
Cons
No work life balance, worked on all weekends and holidays
Fun co-workers and managers to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work is orgainzing items and placing them in the right order. I learned about some art products the were new to me and also how to help customers in a professional way. The management is sometimes good but often needs work on it. My co-workers are the best part of the job. They all nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and rough customers.
Pros
long breaks and how everything is team work
Cons
seems to have shortage of managment
Hard working inviremnet
Wholesale/Retail Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 17, 2016
A very fast past job. Must get things done in a very timely manner and you must do that job well. Thousands of customers daily therefore there is no time to slack off or to fool around. Constent walking around and cleaning.
It is very satisfying with completing a hard task that has taken a long time, also very satisfying when being appreciated by management.
Pros
Good environment, Fast past, Difficult but satisfying
Cons
No time to take a deep breathe and reflect on work, must keep working diligently.
Great work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 17, 2016
Great managers and co-workers. Easy, fun and simple place to work with great organizational work. Most enjoyable part of the job was how flexible they are.
Busy retail environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 17, 2016
As a very experienced worker with a strong background in customer service, I have learned how to handle irate customers while still holding up company standards. I have received customer service awards for my work .Management treats me very well, but with my educational background, I need a much more intellectually challenging workplace. I enjoy working with the public, but the job can be very tedious.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No benefits due to part time status, uncertain hours
Loss Prevention Duties
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 15, 2016
Perform loss prevention duties and make apprehensions. Work with management to conduct internal investigation using cctv and other resources.
A company that does not value employees.
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 15, 2016
Burlington has shown a recent trend of not valuing employees and always looking for a way to cheat them. Employees are nameless, faceless, and replaceable at any time.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to name
Great Place To Gain Experience
Seasonal Mark Down Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 14, 2016
Work Hard Do Your Best and Gain The Experience that will move you forward to achieve better.

Clock in is electronically. It is easy to get fired if you are consistently late due to their point system.

HR. There is no HR when it comes to reference, everything goes to the store manager.

Co Worker are pretty chill

Hardest part of the job is when co workers are not show appreciation by management. Yes they do work to get paid however the pay is too little to survive off of and unless you are seasonal you are expected to be available all day and every day.
Pros
Nice Launch room, Experience
Cons
Employees Make Very Little Money and Availability Must be Open to obtain Hours
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Very nice company to work for. The Human Resources department was willing to help solve any issues and it was done in a timely manner. Someone is always willing to teach you so that you could advance within the company. The manager at the time was really nice and open to everyone's ideas.
Great work environment
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 13, 2016
Working at Burlington was very work friendly. I had to opportunity to help many customers there and really learn how to take care of customer issues so that they can be satisfied with our service.
Nice place to work, no room for growth
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2016
I have spent most of my working years at Burlington which I do enjoy. However, I have been hindered from certain positions I feel I qualify for. I am looking for a company where I can continue to utilize my skills in customer service.
a lot of productive and activites happening
Fitting room associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2016
typical day as usually . walk in and clock in and start to work. and Ive learned as obtaining good customer service being a cashier under pressure. management is alright sometimes when we need help supervisor has to help alot of employees for price tag and stuff which others has to wait. co-workers are awesome because good communication skills and team work. hardest part of the job is closing the place and returning all item back to its place but the enjoyable part is communicating with customers making fun jokes .
what i leaned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 13, 2016
what i learned working for Burlington is the value of teamwork, and punctuality. Synergy is a great thing a team where the sum is greater than the parts will always succeed. Punctuality is key because the respect you show when you are ready to work on time and not letting someone else stay longer because you were late is not acceptable.
Pros
great mangment
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8