Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 3,336 reviews matching the search
Great place to with with good morale
Sales Associate, Cashier, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 30, 2016
My typical day involves doing sales floor moves, being the backup cashier, and ,on certain days, being the manager on duty. The store isn't in the best of shape but the employees do the best they can with what they have. The overall morale of the store tended to be pretty good. The management of the store was overall good. The hardest part for me some days is trying to balance being the backup cashier, the sales floor associate, and the key holder in the same shift.
Retail job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 26, 2016
Very unorganized, Job will have you hired for one position, but you'll end up working every position at that store. Never enough employees working, a lot of people will call out and management will ask you to stay and work extra long and hectic hours only for minimum wage. Store is always trashed by the end of the night. There is no clean up crew at this store. The associates must all work together in getting the store spotless for the next morning. So if you work a night shift, don't expect to leave the store until the whole place is cleaned and everyone is finished. All associates leave out at the same time.
Great advancement opportunities, promotes from within
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 13, 2016
I have had the opportunity to be promoted in each department I have been in. My managers have been very supportive of me moving departments to advance. My most recent position has allowed me to learn a lot about Supply Chain and apply my past experiences. I love being a supervisor in my department and helping the people on my team advance in their positions.
Pros
Summer hours, good benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Salary is less than average, can't use time off in half days
Productive and hardworking environment
Burlington Coat Factory Associate (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 17, 2016
A typical day at work would depend on the shipment. Sometimes I would get a lot of product but some days I wouldn't. I learned how to move in a very fast pace, put sensors and tags on clothes and to work as a team. My management and co-workers were all good people. They made the environment very open and free. The hardest part of the job was when we were short handed when we got big shipments in. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and working as a team.
Pros
Good management, Good environment
Cons
Work hours switched
Horrible Management
CSS (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJSeptember 24, 2016
I worked here as a Customer Service Supervisor and all I can say is that this location has terrible management. Disrespectful, rude, manager plays favorites and punishes those she doesn't like, high expectations with no reward. Employees are great to work with but since I worked there all of the employees I worked with have left due to mangement mistreatment. Pay is not good, and the highest raise given out was 10 cents. Do not suggest working here unless it is very temporary
Mostly productive
Cashier/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 26, 2016
A typical day of work here would be very stressful.
I learned how to become a better leader more outspoken and how to handle delicate customer employee situations. Management was unorganized and not on the same page. The team was great and always worked well together. The hardest part of the job was sometimes doing a higher paying job with more demands and it actually not being my job to do what I was doing at the time. The most enjoyable part would probably be the special projects we had to do every now and then.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
hardworking and fast paced environment
QV/QC and Packer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 12, 2016
At work as a QVQC i would regularly receive the pallets coming from the packer tables. Then I would log onto WMS to look for units to be able to print out the carton labels. I would then use the RF scanner and receive the boxes to see their destination. Lastly I would palletize the boxes so the material handlers would take it away for the forklift drivers. Here at Burlington i learned to be an independent and focused worker.
Fun place to work at and enjoy talking to customers
Cashier- Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at Burlington is where you get customers that come in line and the cashiers hit there button and the customer proceeds to that register. They ring up that customer any clothing that has sensors on it they have to take the sensors off. If there is any problem they refer to the supervisor and if the supervisor can't fix the problem then they refer to the manger on duty for that day. The hardest part about the job is when sometimes you might get a customer that is unhappy with something and you have to tell them our policy. Working at Burlington is getting to experience new things on the job everyday, and making the customers happy.
Productive and very fun workplace
LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Responsibilities included detected and deterring individuals involved in dishonest or illegal activity within the store; detained and interrogated shoplifters. Completed security audits. Enforced Company standards. Monitored camera systems. Patrolled the store and stood at high valued locations. Investigated and resolved employee thefts.
Pros
Experienced a lot of on the Job Training
Cons
Short breaks
A good "for now" job
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day at work would start at about 5 or 6 am depending on your shift. The day is pretty routine, show up to work, unload the pallets delivered the day before and continue to your station.

Everybody would split up into groups, one group going out to place merchandise on the floor the other remained in the back room to sort clothing, ticket and hang clothes.

Management was barely present, and when they were they hindered progress. A majority of my coworkers were very verbal about their problems with the job which did make for a slightly negative work environment. I enjoyed the tasks given to me, I like busy work because it helps pass the time, and working that early in the day allowed me to work two jobs and have time to run errands.
Stressful and busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDAugust 12, 2016
A typical work day at Burlington is very fast paced and tiresome. Working in customer service is physically taxing as you have to run up a long flight of stairs to retrieve lay-away items for customers as well as place them in the proper section. As a customer service cashier, you'd have to answer phone calls to assist customers as well as perform exchanges and returns.
Pros
easy hiring process
Cons
amount of work versus hourly wage
Flexible hours and Welcoming enviorment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 17, 2016
After I clock in, I find a supervisor that'll put me on a register or switch out with someone going on break. During free time we cleaned and organized our registers, restocking the front end, and sorting through returned merchandise. As a supervisor I'd open and close the store, counted the registers and made the deposits at the end of the night.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks, small employee discount
Fast Paced and Challenging
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 27, 2016
A typical work day is fast paced and can get really busy.
I have learned to multitask and to adapt to fast paced environments fairly quickly.
Management is there when they are needed, although, they put a ton of stress on their employees and have a tendency to goof off.
Co-workers are nice to talk to and everyone gets along. Everyone works together efficiently to get our tasks done.
The hardest part of the job can be trying to help a customer with your best abilities and they still aren't satisfied.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and hearing them say I have made their day with my smile or even just asking them how they are doing.
Exprience Working At Burlington In Florida
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 26, 2016
I absolutely love the location I work at . Very friendly and willingly to help. However, the pay isn't to nice I start off at $8.05 as a cashier. Going from Walmart to Burlington it's really an UPGRADE SERIOUSLY! communication is wonderful. We need some more cahiers the lines do get long , the discount is only 10% I wish it was at less 20%.
Pros
Friendly, willingness to help, very nice enviroment( clean)
Cons
lunch breaks is only 30mins, lines are long, employee discount ONLY 10%
Working with a lot of different people that were nice individuals.
Shipping and sales representive (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 23, 2016
The atmosphere was very calm and easy going, managers always set up the stores break room for holidays and before each shift there was a meeting with all store workers just to go over sales and different other accomplishments the day before
Pros
Every store worker got a pretty good discount on any item in the store
Cons
There were no full-time positions open due to the number of employees
Burlington Coat Factory
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 17, 2016
the day begins at 6am, unloading and sorting the new shipment. this lasted until 12or 1pm. During this time i was allowed 1 break; which was enough. My managers had an open door policy that encourage communication on any subject and that made it easier to build a relationship. My co-workers and I established close relationships built on trust, accountability and dependability. The hardest part of the job was making sure we still met our deadline when multiple people called off or didn't show. This happened more times than a few but we managed efficiently. I enjoyed the fact that I was working for a company who presented itself as a family oriented business and treated its workers as family.
Pros
cross training, family environment, great management
Cons
pay rate
Fun co-workers and managers to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work is orgainzing items and placing them in the right order. I learned about some art products the were new to me and also how to help customers in a professional way. The management is sometimes good but often needs work on it. My co-workers are the best part of the job. They all nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and rough customers.
Pros
long breaks and how everything is team work
Cons
seems to have shortage of managment
First Retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 18, 2016
Working for this company introduced me to my first retail job. I was so new that I didn't know what customer service was and how I was supposed to speak to a stranger. In fact, I'd always been a fairly shy person until this job. It really made me break out of my shell and learn not to be scared of communicating and to be confident with my voice. Some customers will be difficult but it's nothing we cant work around.
Pros
Co-workers, Scheduling System
Cons
Low Coverage
Hard working inviremnet
Wholesale/Retail Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 17, 2016
A very fast past job. Must get things done in a very timely manner and you must do that job well. Thousands of customers daily therefore there is no time to slack off or to fool around. Constent walking around and cleaning.
It is very satisfying with completing a hard task that has taken a long time, also very satisfying when being appreciated by management.
Pros
Good environment, Fast past, Difficult but satisfying
Cons
No time to take a deep breathe and reflect on work, must keep working diligently.
Busy retail environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 17, 2016
As a very experienced worker with a strong background in customer service, I have learned how to handle irate customers while still holding up company standards. I have received customer service awards for my work .Management treats me very well, but with my educational background, I need a much more intellectually challenging workplace. I enjoy working with the public, but the job can be very tedious.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No benefits due to part time status, uncertain hours

2.8