Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 4,360 reviews matching the search
Easy job but not as a career
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 18, 2017
I started working at this job, the summer after my freshman year of college. It's a really easy job to make extra money but not as a career choice. People are constantly quitting and calling off work which makes everyone else work extra hard. Burlington really needs to hire more people.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage and they don't have enough employees so they expect you to work harder
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Floor work (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 18, 2017
I was a cashier who rang people out. I learned the customer is always right. The management was awesome. We had all the newest trends in clothes, shoes, and coats.The hardest part of the job was the fact that they give no cash refunds, only a store credit. This was printed in very fine print at the bottom of the receipt. People did not like this policy at all. I enjoyed working as a team and talking with the customers.
Pros
Discount on clothing.
Cons
Healthcare and pay rate
Busy; it was holiday season.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with, they were all friendly and helpful. Overall, their team effort is great especially in the busiest time of the year.
Pros
different tasks everyday
Cons
short staff
Break room fully stocked affordable snacks and drinks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJuly 17, 2017
Typical day at work is good. There are your good and bad days. I wish they had offered full time sales associates. I came in as temp for the seasonal holidays and became part time. Nobody told me. Needed more hours and wasn't paid enough, not worth the distance.
Pros
Afforable snacks
Cons
Short breaks
Flexible scheduling, fair compensation
Cashier and Markdown team (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2017
Burlington is a good place to work if you need job security. They rarely fire people, even if they're not a team player. The wages are fair, but could be better.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
short lunches
must be very comfortable to fluid merchandising
Store Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 17, 2017
For management, the compensation is not that great compared to other companies. The "work/life balance" is talked about, but not executed. Training for management is non-existent.
Appears to be Age Discrimination in the Job application
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 17, 2017
I applied for a position at Burlington and some of the questions or options really floored me. Being a military veteran one of the questions was when did you serve - it only went back to 1977 the question that really shocked me was your most recent birthday celebration choose between 18th & 40th - if that isn't a way to get around asking you "How old are you" I don't know what is.
Pros
Cons
Odd questions on the application
productive
Casheir (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 15, 2017
through out my time i was there i went through pretty much all of the departments in the store. i learned about how the business sales work, i answered phone calls, i worked layaway.
Pros
different months of the year employees received 25% DISCOUNTS
Cons
There was lack of communication
Not a good company to work for.
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 14, 2017
Sorry but this company is overly stressful. They want the job done but they only schedule you to work 4 hours a day for four days. Trucks come in daily and the expect freight to be worked. To much favoritism and low pay.
Pros
Cons
Low, favortism
Cool place to work. Work is easy, just not enough hours.
Receiver/ Stocker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2017
Its an ok place to work. I can't complain really. The one thing I can say is that we dont get enough hours. Everyone I work with is ok on towards the end of the morning. Lowkey grumpy in the early morning though.
Loving and welcoming work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 14, 2017
Being okay with standing / walking all day (8 hours on average) is a MUST! Working at Burlington can be a hassle and very stressful sometimes, but the managers and employees are amazing. I love who I work with, and the managers buy lunch for everyone very often to show us how much we mean to them.
Pros
Loving coworkers, no discrimination, good discounts
Cons
Poor advancements available, lots of hours on your feet
fun job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 14, 2017
I worked with Burlington Coat Factory for awhile and it was a really great experience. I was only a seasonal hire but it was a fun and rewarding experience
Stressful work place
Supervisor/Key holder (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 14, 2017
Stressful work place work most holiday part timers get less than 20 hours per week fast pace pay very unfair its all about who likes you not your work ethic
loved the job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 13, 2017
Fun place to work just wasn't what I was looking for at the time. Definitely is somewhere I would work again. loved the people I worked with. The store manager was a bit mean to employees and customers I do have to say though.
Pros
great sales job
Cons
mean manager
great job to work if your home for the summer
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 13, 2017
great place to work if you just need extra money its not a place to start a career with. some of mangament is easy to get along with others not some much.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
short breaks and not good pay
Fun, Fast paced, Friendly
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 13, 2017
The people I worked with where like family, and the costumers where wonderful to serve. I often was at the cash register and dealt with costumer problems and quickly solved them in a positive manner.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Less then 10 hours of work a week
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJuly 13, 2017
Working at Burlington, I learned how to talk and handle customers with care. It taught me how to be friendly towards others. Overall it was a good job experience.
constantly changing their labor laws!!!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
This store chain is totally undermining their employees ever since the wage increase. They've cut back hours, reduced break times, force employees to wear electronic monitoring devices during bathroom breaks, lunchtime, and regular 30 mins break. If the corporate office took a survey of their store employees they would be surprised how low they would rate them. To all burlington employees rise up and fight for your worth. Don't let your local store manager punk you with unethical labor laws.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, low pay, uncaring mgmt, unfair employment practices.
Great store atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 12, 2017
Enjoyed going to work most days big holidays such as back to school and Christmas are quite rough but manageable. most enjoyable part of the day was when the doors are closed. I enjoyed my coworkers great culture of supporting one another complete task and working as a team. The hardest parts of the job for me was the standing and trying to give customers great service and a great personable experience while still being timely.
Pros
Supporters of different charities, were very supportive of reciving education, were flexible with my schedule
Cons
Short lunch breaks, Cut general break time, got rid of family and friends discount, pays barley over miniumn wage
cool place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2017
i like working here. i worked at the 1 on nw 63rd and it was a fun experience and the coworkers made it very enjoyable. love getting paid every week but always gave the opposite hours. if you wanted more hours they'd give you less, want less? you get more. sometimes managers try to over work you.
Pros
paid every week. fun environment
Cons
over work you, play with your hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8