Burlington Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,217 reviews matching the search
A company that does not value employees.
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 15, 2016
Burlington has shown a recent trend of not valuing employees and always looking for a way to cheat them. Employees are nameless, faceless, and replaceable at any time.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to name
Great Place To Gain Experience
Seasonal Mark Down Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 14, 2016
Work Hard Do Your Best and Gain The Experience that will move you forward to achieve better.

Clock in is electronically. It is easy to get fired if you are consistently late due to their point system.

HR. There is no HR when it comes to reference, everything goes to the store manager.

Co Worker are pretty chill

Hardest part of the job is when co workers are not show appreciation by management. Yes they do work to get paid however the pay is too little to survive off of and unless you are seasonal you are expected to be available all day and every day.
Pros
Nice Launch room, Experience
Cons
Employees Make Very Little Money and Availability Must be Open to obtain Hours
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Very nice company to work for. The Human Resources department was willing to help solve any issues and it was done in a timely manner. Someone is always willing to teach you so that you could advance within the company. The manager at the time was really nice and open to everyone's ideas.
Great work environment
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 13, 2016
Working at Burlington was very work friendly. I had to opportunity to help many customers there and really learn how to take care of customer issues so that they can be satisfied with our service.
Nice place to work, no room for growth
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2016
I have spent most of my working years at Burlington which I do enjoy. However, I have been hindered from certain positions I feel I qualify for. I am looking for a company where I can continue to utilize my skills in customer service.
a lot of productive and activites happening
Fitting room associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2016
typical day as usually . walk in and clock in and start to work. and Ive learned as obtaining good customer service being a cashier under pressure. management is alright sometimes when we need help supervisor has to help alot of employees for price tag and stuff which others has to wait. co-workers are awesome because good communication skills and team work. hardest part of the job is closing the place and returning all item back to its place but the enjoyable part is communicating with customers making fun jokes .
what i leaned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 13, 2016
what i learned working for Burlington is the value of teamwork, and punctuality. Synergy is a great thing a team where the sum is greater than the parts will always succeed. Punctuality is key because the respect you show when you are ready to work on time and not letting someone else stay longer because you were late is not acceptable.
Pros
great mangment
Cons
short breaks
Fist Job I Had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 12, 2016
Learned a lot about styles and accounting, learned how too price clothes and move the store around put up an entire wall for baby depot
Pros
Very hands on
Cons
Not enough raises or employees
Horrible place to work, this place is a joke!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 12, 2016
If you want to work with some of the worst managers around this is the place to go!! Liars and just plain ignorant. Save your time and find a better company.
Pros
Cons
Rude managers, horrible pay, and a sloppy store.
I really enjoy the customer and employee's that I've had experienced to date
Stock Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJuly 11, 2016
I am still learning my way in the company and look forward to all future experiences to come. I like how their training methods are fast paced but detailed and understandable. I feel that I can easily grow there if given the opportunity.
Pros
Teamwork and learning aspects of the company
Cons
Not enough workable hours offered
Bcf
Customer Service cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
this was my first job. i expected more of a professional level & mannerism. it may have just been the location i was at. but this is where i developed most of my work ethic
great first job
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJuly 10, 2016
i truly enjoy going in every day to work a great place to move up the ladder management is great and your team is also very helpful for first timers in retail
Pros
everything
Cons
nons
A nice place to work.
Assistant Store Manager Operations/Service (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TX 75104July 10, 2016
Burlington is a growing company. It is a nice place to work. I would recommend the company to everyone. If you want to learn it is a great place.
productive
Translator, English (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 10, 2016
Excellent and well organize.All worker work as a team, have a good reputation and manager are well organize and very direct about job.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
short breaks
horrible place
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 10, 2016
I was disrespected constantly by my cashiers and the manager just told me to deal with it. never again.
ver dul place
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 9, 2016
very rude management not a healthy enviroment lack of respect from staff. you have no growth finacially...............................................
Fun workplace, and friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 9, 2016
It depends on what day you work and when your working. During the weekday its slow to the point where there's almost no one in the store. During the weekend its always busy and you don't stop moving helping people. The coworkers are great and friendly and will treat you like family.
Pros
good pay, great management
Cons
scheduling problems
Energetic and
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJuly 9, 2016
I like to have a task when I begin the work day. I like to know what will happen during the day. I love my co workers. I believe that a big piece of the puzzle to a good work environment is the co workers. I like to be able to have fun, and enjoy what i do. I like to make a difference in peoples lives
The hardest part of working for me is learning not to be supper social with my co workers.
Pros
Free Lunch, Workout room
Cons
bad communication and double standards
Too many bosses
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2016
review emails
go over HO directives
schedule building "Best"
annual appraisals
hardest part, recovery with minimal staff
too many regional heads not on the same page
camaraderie between the staff
Fast paced work with alot of free food
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 8, 2016
It was a good job with alot of work never got sent home do to no work, always had a good time with my co-workers. Bosses were pretty strict at times but they always meant good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8