Burlington Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,226 reviews matching the search
My coworkers are awesome
Stock Merchandising Flow Associate (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIApril 6, 2016
My coworkers make the day go by faster for me, they're a joy to be around. We bring smiles to one another's faces.Even on a bad day, we lift one another up. I've met some really cool people here. Management team could be better, and the pay could also be better for what we do.
Great envitonment with friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 31, 2016
It was a college job in which I feel in love with, from the managers to the employees everyone was always so positive. I never went in there with the intentions of being upset. even when things got a little hectic, we would rally as a team to get things back to pace. We kept our district expectation # fairly high and was always appreciated for the hard work. within my time at Burlington I learned how to really juggle a heavy workload as I was going into the hardest semester and picking up shifts. The management always made accommodations to fit my schedule. I can't really say there was a hard part, when dealing with irate customers it could get a bit challenging but we as a team made strides to make the customer feel at ease. Overall I liked and gained a lot of experience in the short time I worked there.
Pros
Comfortable workplace
Cons
Cut Hours to oftern, Low paying salary
Hated working there
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 3, 2016
A typical day included showing up and immediately unpacking the truck and sorting the merchandise. I didnt work there very long. I ended up coming down with sever bronchitis and was unable to work. I handed them orders from my doctor but they said doctors notes don't matter and they had to let me go. Needless to say I wasnt very happy about the way I was terminated.
Pros
The people were nice
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, bad management
A wonderful place to work and get the skills you need
Supervisor - Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 16, 2016
I have been with this company almost 3 years, I have grown so much from the first day. They have giving me the training and skills that I carry with me throughout my career. I love the fact that there was a lot of challenges that came with being a leader.
Pros
the abiity to get the training i need to move forward
Cons
listenng to our cocerns as employees
Little hours, poor managment.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 27, 2016
When I first started at Burlington I really enjoyed it. I got good hours, was working a deparment I liked, and had great co workers. Then they started hiring more and more workers to where part time hours got cut from 16-24 hours to anywhere from 6-16 (if you were lucky) . Every one was complaining about this but nothing changed. The manager to say the least isn't the nicest, and makes you feel like you have no idea what you're doing, or that you just arent good enough. The full time workers have great benefits, but full time positions are almost impossible to obtain due to the fact they only have 5 or 6 positions and they are all filled. And they are very unorganized. Over all I would not reccomend this job.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, Hours.
Worst job experience at Burlington EHT, NJ
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJFebruary 12, 2016
The management doesn't know anything about running a store.. schedules are always messed up by the management then the employees gotta figure out how they're going to make it work cause they won't fix it for you! If u are a young person looking for a temp job while going to school than maybe it is for u but idt it's worth the stress for the pay and headache they cause their employees they sure over work people
Pros
None really
Cons
Fun people to work with and easy job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 2, 2016
Everybody got to learn how to do different things. You weren't just subjected to one area in the store, you were in multiple. By the end of my career there I could do markdowns, unload freight, merchandise, cashier, cover an area, do layaway, make missing price tags, cover dressing rooms. And you know what I started out doing? Unboxing shoes.Management started out a little rocky but over time got better. One complaint I have for management was the constant changing of schedules mid-week. Schedules went up Sunday, but by Tuesday it was completely different and your days were messed up. I think the hardest part of that job was freight, they have constant changes in how it is executed. I made a lot of great friends there and had some pretty great times in that store too. It also makes me happy knowing that I helped open that store.
Pros
Learned different positions in very little time, friendly environment.
Cons
Wonky work schedules.
Fast pace fun place to work. Love the open honest communication with my team members.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 12, 2015
Fast pace environment that allows me the flexibility to make decisions that will increase sales in my store.

I have learned that a strong team that works together is the backbone to a successful organization.

Management is always accessible when needed. Management encourages your feedback that will improve business.

The hardest part of my job is the challenges we face keeping highly organized store with payroll scaled down to remain profitable.

What I love about my job is making a positive difference for my customers and knowing what I do impacts there lives.
Pros
Fast pace fun environment
Cons
Smaller teams in our building which creates challenges in recovery .My standards are very high.
Work load consistency
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2015
And that's about the only pro as far as working there goes. There is no room for advancement and when you do get a chance to advance, you then realize you get double the work load for only a couple of quarters more per hour. The managers were great people but the work load of this store was amazingly stressful, especially when considering you only made one more dollar than minimum wage per hour. Appreciation was never shown for hard work and efforts therefore I need a company to show me that appreciation in return for my hard work and efforts in productivity.
Pros
Consistent work load
Cons
Part Time job with no full time availability, No room for advancement, No expectations of pay raises, No benefits due to part time positions
Very productive, interesting staff and customers
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 15, 2016
A typical day at work consists of keeping busy trying to maintain all areas in your department, and keeping all customers satified with their visit at burlington.
I learn something new everday working at burlington.
Management is decent.
Co-workers are interesting, great people to work with. We all learn new things together and go woth the flow
The hardest part about this job would be communication, I Believe communication is key and in all departments there is lack of.
The most enjoyable part is being there working with new people such as different customers everyday, and co-workers are easy to work with and we have fun while working.
Great Place To Gain Experience
Seasonal Mark Down Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 14, 2016
Work Hard Do Your Best and Gain The Experience that will move you forward to achieve better.

Clock in is electronically. It is easy to get fired if you are consistently late due to their point system.

HR. There is no HR when it comes to reference, everything goes to the store manager.

Co Worker are pretty chill

Hardest part of the job is when co workers are not show appreciation by management. Yes they do work to get paid however the pay is too little to survive off of and unless you are seasonal you are expected to be available all day and every day.
Pros
Nice Launch room, Experience
Cons
Employees Make Very Little Money and Availability Must be Open to obtain Hours
Great place to work, are behind the times as far as technology
Assistant Store Manager/Merchandise/Operations (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 21, 2016
The clientele at Burlington are the bottom of the barrel and do not care at all about the merchandise other than price.

Management are required 10 hours a day 5 days a week(6 days during December) They give you management days off but do not give you time to take them.
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Too many full time associates that take up the bulk of the paroll
Cool job, no advancement, lack of hours.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 5, 2016
I loved doing the usual sorting, sizing, ticketing of merchandise. My problem with it was when I was interviewing and being hired, I was told I'd be working 6am to 3pm, Monday thru Friday. I wanted Monday/Tuesday for college but the manager refused to hire me unless I had those open availability so I caved in and opened them up. Truth is you never work more than 30 hours here. They are strict about that. No work Mondays and Wednesdays. You come in one day and the manager says you'll only work 2 hours. No point in waking up at 5am to work at 6am in the morning to work only 2 hours. I was never asked to stay extra hours even when I asked. One week I only worked 5 hours. There's no place for advancement in this location.
Cons
Always being told negative comments about job performance.
Enjoyed working under the staff
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 3, 2015
Come into work and was assigned a section, and was told what was expected of that section. I learned how important a clean store is. Management was the best part of the store. Co-workers were fun to be around enjoyed working with them. The hardest part was keeping the store clean. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
No Benefits
Fast Paced and Challenging
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 27, 2016
A typical work day is fast paced and can get really busy.
I have learned to multitask and to adapt to fast paced environments fairly quickly.
Management is there when they are needed, although, they put a ton of stress on their employees and have a tendency to goof off.
Co-workers are nice to talk to and everyone gets along. Everyone works together efficiently to get our tasks done.
The hardest part of the job can be trying to help a customer with your best abilities and they still aren't satisfied.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and hearing them say I have made their day with my smile or even just asking them how they are doing.
i absolutely loved working at burlington coat factory one of the best workplaces to be in looking forward to a future with your company.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 16, 2016
a typical day at work for me would be coming in smiling wishing all GOOD MORNING . i come in with a positive attitude and ready to have a productive day in customer care.i learned that you must care about the customer what they like and what they are looking for in order to give that perfect customer care they deserve. i am looking forward to working with the coworkers that are previously and presently employed with this company now and still.i find this job to be right for me and i do not find it hard.i enjoy working in this store and providing good service to my management,coworkers and customers.
Fast pace and not fun
Stock Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2016
My day starts off either unloading the truck for the people that starts at 6 am or just bringing out the merchandise to stock them for the people that came in at 7 am and the co-workers were really cool but the management wasn't really great. The thing I enjoyed most though was talking and laughing with the other co-workers to make the environment fun but gets shut down. the hard part about the job is only trying to go fast pace since the day I started and then get faster from there. what I learned is to tag clothes and shoes, have a clean environment so that nobody would get hurt or step on something dangerous, and to work in a fast pace
Pros
co-workers, easy
Cons
short break, managment, little hours
Same Clothes, Different Day
Sales Associate/Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILDecember 11, 2015
Full time job with part time hours. This was my first retail job and I have new found respect for the employees in said industry and I respect them not because the job is hard; its quite easy compared to my previous employment but the sheer tediousness of it all. The frustration of having to clean up after grown men and women due to their lack of courtesy and blatant laziness all while smiling and providing excellent customer service. All day people.....I never understood why people can't put things back where they found it or at least bring it to the counter so it can be restocked at the end of the work day. I should have been a maid with better pay and benefits , no offense BCF.
Pros
Short Work Days
Cons
part time
Can get a little busy and stressful but at the end of the day I enjoy helping someone fitting in a suit.
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2016
A day at work consist of customer servicing all guest who enter my department and answering any questing about the store.
I've learned to always greet anyone I past and always smile even when I am being yelled at. A smile is always best and to be very respectful of the guest needs.
Some great co-workers some who never worked and don't understand and appreciate having a job.
The hardest part of the job is hunting down merchandise from other Burlington store. Some people will not try to help when you call.
Most enjoyable is fitting a groom and his groomsmen. I always love helping people save money and own their suits instead of returning them to the Formal stores
Pros
free lunches of holidays and recognition of a job well done.
Cons
very rude guest
productive fun to work for
Cashier/Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NY 11530April 2, 2016
Working for Burlington can be very stressful. A lot of long hours; the pay is very horrible. Some times you may get only 18 hours a week. they are always over payroll.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks

2.8