Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 4,357 reviews matching the search
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 11, 2017
Burlington is a good place to work but that is pretty much it. The management is there and they are supportive but its just a standard job. I didnt seem like there was much room for growth into upward management.
Great Employees to work with
Cashiers Associate (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJuly 11, 2017
The coworkers make the job bearable at times. The customers are disrespectful and times and often treat you as if you are below their level of intellect. It seems to take a long time to progress into a promotion even when you exemplify great customer service and leadership skills.
Pros
merchandise discount
Cons
Pace at which an employee progress into a new position
Too much to do not enough time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2017
Crazy hours as a full-time. Management is ok depending on which one you work with. One of them is h*ll to work with.. Full-time floor associates are in charge of a department and "trained" (not really) on register, price checks, layaway pick up and if closing in charge of recovering 1-2 other departments plus your own. Full timers have a task to do everyday (unrealistic) tasks plus attempting to also have to do the others things mentioned earlier. If your not lucky and have to work with that manager, chances are you won't even get your job done due to him/her making you do other peoples (stock room) job. For example putting out clothes or finishing up with markdowns that were not completed the day before. Anyway many employees quit or are thinking of quitting. Cashiers come and go constantly. Many of them are thrown into the register without enough training. Its rare to ever get a full weekend off. Its an ok job. I personally hate it! Oh also your on your own, the term team-work is nonexistent to other employees.
Cons
Not enough employess
Management could improve
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2017
Management showed favoritism
Work hours varied
Weren't to many opportunities for advancement
Store was always changing
Maintenance was long and crude
Pros
Great co-workers, very family like
Cons
Management showed favoritism when it came to hours
Great interaction
receiving and stocking (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2017
We are always taught to greet and welcome our customers and smile at them. it taught me about a lot about a retail store and how it operates. I learned that retail stores are very difficult to run.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Don't offer a lot of hours
Fun and easy money
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 10, 2017
The job was great overall but management sucked really bad. Very high turnover rate. I was never a set schedule. A lot of call outs. They work with your schedule sometimes.
Fun work place
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 10, 2017
Burlington coat factory is a very fun place to work. You are able to meet new people every single day. Many of are customer are traveling and enjoy coming to are store
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks
fun workplace
Flow Team (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2017
I learned alot while I was there. Enjoyed the mix of cultures that were employed there. It was a very busy store so it was fast paced. Enjoyed talking to customers and helping them find what they were looking for.
very busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 10, 2017
Overall the employees are very nice people. The store had its days where it would be very messy and hard to put things back in place. The lines would be very long, they need longer times to teach cashiers.
warehouse work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 9, 2017
This was a great job for me, I love working here. It was a great environment to be around, my coworkers was great they all where great team players, we all did the best we could to help each other out.
Pros
retail and sales management
horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 8, 2017
low hours,horrible management ,nasty work atmosphere,very stressful for a minimum wage job. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. rus me or o in there and ask the employees yourself.
It was an ok place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 8, 2017
I would get to work in the morning, and there would be 5 pallets of freight in my dept. I would unpack the freight & place it in its home. Sometimes my mgr. was there and sometimes she wasn't. If I worked the afternoon shift I would still help with the unloading of the freight, because 5 pallets is a lot of pallets! I learned to be creative because I was in the gift dept. So I had to find places for frames and vases and figurines. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the broken things (i.e. statutes, vases). When we unpacked them and found that they were broken, we'd have to get them to the Claims Dept.
Pros
I was grateful for the job.
Cons
Breakroom was too small.
Someplace after school
Sales Associate, cashier, stock (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI 48075July 8, 2017
I had this job as a teenager. It was cool. I never had a problem with management. My hours were great because of my school schedule. I didn't mind working here
Productive, Interactive and enjoyable.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 7, 2017
A typical day at work was happy but sometimes there are some very unreasonable customers. I learned how to count and manage money, tend to customers, give my best self to who ever I was taking care of. Management is actually really great, very nice and respectable. The hardest part of the job to me is the language barrier, I fluently speak English but am trying to learn Spanish.
Pros
Easy to make friends with the employees.
Cons
Short break and hour management.
competitive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 7, 2017
It was fast paced especially on holidays because not only do you have to check them out in a quick manner but also you have to ensure that they are appreciated and not just someone you want out of your line.
big warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJuly 7, 2017
huge warehouse with lots of products but that made the work day go faster. easy going managers and fun coworkers that didn't mind helping each other.
A great place to start building your resume.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTJuly 6, 2017
This was my home during my high school and college days. Management helped me form my basic job skills like customer fulfillment, cashier, and maintaining store inventory. This place celebrated everything from birthdays to company goals. Holidays were also celebrated. This was part due to the high volume of work especially during the Winter Holidays as it is in most retail stores. Our own staff would help with putting together lunch and mostly delicious homemade deserts as a way to keep us motivated. Management and employees took care of each other like family. However, You were also expected to perform and if you did the bare minimum others took notice!

There were no company benefits, only a 401K.
Pros
Flexible hours, Relaxed work environment
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage
Ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJuly 6, 2017
Its ok for a starting or summer job. The management team feels like they barely have a handle on most things. It's a typical cashier job in retail, nothing more to say.
Pros
part time
Cons
dead end
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJuly 6, 2017
A typical day is making sure all associates know what is going on,what our plans and goals are everyday.
I like to work with people, train and listen to their feedbacks. I want everyone to have fun while enjoying the workplace. I like to give positive feedbacks.
stressful
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2017
very stressful, they did not even train me they just threw me out on the floor as seasonal and expected me to know everything. and then did not hire me on based on the fact that i did not know much even though they did not even train me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8