Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 4,273 reviews matching the search
Burlington was not a good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 13, 2017
The only interest about that job was serving the people, management was not willing to flow with the employees, the pay rate was very low and here was not enough benefits.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Product and work place is very well organized n managed very well
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 13, 2017
I have no complaints about my experience in Burlington. I love every day i was employed there. Everyone in the store were polite and welcoming. If i could i would return back.
productive place to work
stock flow associate (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 13, 2017
the store was average in terms of working conditions. it wasnt always enjoyable because of things like air conditioning not always working and the elevator always breaking down
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
15 minute breaks
It's a Wonderful Day at Burlington
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAJune 13, 2017
I typically open most days around 9:30am, and the day can be busy in the beginning of the week. It can be busy at times but that's what makes the time fly. Meeting new people is always great, I get to smile at them and talk with them and if possible make their day better. My co-workers are amazing, they trained me well and I continue to learn something new almost every day from them. Without the support of my co-workers backing me up when it gets really busy at the registers, I wouldn't be able to do a great job. Their help allows me to provide not just quick and efficient service, but a friendly experience. The hardest part is when there is not enough customers or things to do, and time just drags on. When that happens you have to find anything and everything to help make the time pass, but luckily these moments don't last long. I love the skills I get to put to use, I love meeting new people every day and I love my fellow co-workers.
Pros
Associate discount, flexible hours
Cons
Mismanagement, No benefits for PT employees
fun place to learn stocking
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV 89701June 12, 2017
Good place to learn at a fast paced, well managed and clean store. Physically demanding, and mentally challenging, working as a team for the whole day to reach common goals.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not full time
not my favorite place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 12, 2017
i did not enjoy working here. a lot of drama and rude people in charge. very competive and hard to work your way up. hours were not steady. I enjoyed working with people and helping them with the trends and good prices though
Easy job, with poor management
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNJune 12, 2017
Burlington store was a very easy, fast pasted job with poor management. This job would be a lot more fun and productive if management was more professional. Things were very unorganized and not very well put together, along with being very low staffed. I would not recommend this job to anyone I know.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, poor pay, poor management, low staffed
awful !
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 10, 2017
Burlington seemed like a nice company. Unfortunately, working there is awful. Management were awful !

a typical day would be to have a group meeting. Then we would begin boxing and hanging the clothes. No breaks were provided, even for a 8-9 hour shift.
reliable company
RETAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 10, 2017
It was an awesome experience. I had a great time learning new things. It was like working in an environement where people care.
People respected the fact that someone was there to help.
Part-Time
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2017
Been working for almost 2 months now and this is my first Job :) So far, everyone is being helpful and the management is really good. They do cross-training also, which is I like for experience and to get more hours. Shifts is flexible.
Pros
Employee discount & PTO
yikes
Philadephia PA - Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2017
horrible, i hope no one ever has to work here. job is unprofessional, they hire anyone that walks in the door, you cant request off for anything, managers are clueless. dont work here
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
My work day was very busy.
Customer Service.
Management was great.
Workplace was clean.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with theft.
Enjoyable part of the job was working with my Managers & Meeting knew Coworkers people all time.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Great Clothes
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Pay, No Full Time Hours, Healthcare
Sweat shop
Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Oaks, NYJune 9, 2017
I unloaded and prepared all store merchandise Non stop working, short breaks, no team work. Management harsh. I learned to take criticism. Unappreciated by management
fun work place and very compassionate
Receiving & stocking Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2017
Burlington was a very experience and successful place to work.I get to help out a lot of customers and so for my co-workers.I also love it because i get to have enough breaks and enough time to meet a lot of good people.the other thing with company they offer for free meals and drinks.
Pros
helpful with customers and supervisor
Cons
n/a
Very quiet environment. Easy to work and concentrate.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJune 8, 2017
I have developed a lot of skills and tools that I can take with me and use through out life. I have met a lot of people and get to know different cultures and backgrounds.
Easy job but no hours
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 8, 2017
My experience with Edinburg, TX Burlington was great. The employees as well as the store manager were great and easy going. A typical day was work 3 days of the week when the receiving truck arrived, I forgot which exact days. I think it was Mon, Tue, and Thur. All you had to do was put stickers or tags on items and shelf them. Easy. You typically worked 4 hours from 7am to 11am. Sometimes less sometimes one to two hours more, depending on how much work there is to do. So you only work 12 hrs a week. Start pay is 7.50 after 90 days it's $9.
Pros
$9, relaxed, cool coworkers and store manager
Cons
short hours
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Receiving (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 7, 2017
Hay un buen ambiente de trbajo y es un puesto fijo.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 7, 2017
always busy. theres always something to do in this store. always putting merchandise away, where they belong. employees were great when I worked there.
Pros
we all got along
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work with loving staff
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 7, 2017
Burlington coat factory is a great place to work. The staff is very nice and helpful. The training they give is very detailed. Management is very understanding and willing to work with you.
hard working
Merchandise Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 7, 2017
checking in boxes of freight and unloading hanging clothes labeling getting ready for sales floor. Hardest part was not enough hours in the day. most enjoyable was putting stock out on sales floor.
Pros
job was somrthing i always wanted to do
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9