Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 3,481 reviews matching the search
Fun work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 24, 2016
This is a great place to work for some one just starting out. The hardest part of the job is sometimes for me at least is staying busy, Management is very encouraging, always letting you know when you are doing a good job and when you fail to meet the store standers they show you the right way without slapping your wrist.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Hours are hard to come by
Fun workplace got along with everyone I a people person for sure
Cashier/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 22, 2016
Burlington was a good place to work. I enjoyed working with the public and serving others. I enjoyed being a cashier as well burlington has so many great deals and lots of customers to serve daily.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Breaks lunches
Fun place !
Sportswear/Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 21, 2016
I just love my part time job at Burlington. I meet new people every day. And I enjoy my repeat customers. I just have fun assisting the customers finding that perfect outfit for any occasion! My co workers are just a Blast to work with.
Pros
I love to shop and I have found the perfect part-time job!
Cons
No negatives !
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 20, 2016
Good hours, decent pay. Growth is available in this company. Many shifts to chose from so good work/life balance. Management tends to change hand a lot here though.
It was decent but unorganized
Warehouse Team Member-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 20, 2016
The store at the time was going through maintenance, so it was a lot on construction while working. Management were arguing a lot on what employees work on and where. Hard time finding certain equipment and very crowded.
Pros
Affordable prices
Cons
Unorganized
horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 20, 2016
burlington is a horrible place to work the time and effort i put in was not worth it. customers and some staff were also rude the barely train u on ur job. the pay sucks they dont pay u for over time and i also was sick my first 2 week working there from dust on the sales floor,on the clothes and in the air.
A very miserable job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 19, 2016
I didn't like the job
The managers are moody
Co workers are nice
I liked helping people
It just wasn't a job for me
I love working
I loved that I had a job
Never will recommend this to anyone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDOctober 19, 2016
From the beginning of my job experience here I had problems dealing with management but the only thing that kept me there was the employees.
big area
ticketing (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 19, 2016
co workers was competive maangers was nice i got to learn how to tagg things on clothes.we had to move fast so that we have enough stickers to add up when its time to add them up
Pros
buy our own lunch
Cons
short breaks
Okay
Shoe Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 19, 2016
These company is not a bad job to work at. I think they need system to show when your somebody draw is short.everybody should have their own draw not share draw
What's friendly can quickly turn into not so friendly enviroment
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILOctober 19, 2016
Was recruited to work as ASM to open up a new store location, lost job 8 months later due to company downsizing. Very unorganized, ever changing environment, with not so great changes at all. Associates who are liked get their ways with management, accountability is missing, double standards and way to high expectations for a pay they offer. Just like any other company, cutting costs in everything, limiting salaries, hours and resources, even though their last year sales are up comparing to the year before. Favoritism widely spread. When desperate for employees, very poor choice of new ones, had to work with very racist, lazy people.
Pros
Get to meet some interesting, hard working people
Cons
None or not enough credit to people who work hard for their money, favoritism, double standards, high expectations with little pay
Terrible Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYOctober 19, 2016
burlington is one of the most poorly managed establishments that i have ever worked for to date. the managers do not know what they are doing, the entire store is a mess constantly , there is no one to work there aren't enough people on the schedule and they constantly cut hours and they that the employees terribly
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare, poorly managed
Great partime job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 18, 2016
This is a fun company to work for a part time job, Its always something different with the customers .Management is great and
work together well along with the staff.
Pros
Great partime job
Cons
no insurance for part time employes
Fun place to work with high stress
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Oaks, NYOctober 18, 2016
Burlington is always busy. we always have big lines. as a supervisor, I have to expedite the lines and supervise all the cashiers; which is Fun and stressful at the same time. we have a friendly work environment. we have fun working together. The hardest part of the job is to keep the place clean while we have almost a mile long lines but everyone does a pretty good job on that.
customers service in retail store
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 17, 2016
Sunday and Mornings early markdown on merchandise, Friday and Saturday front cashier, layaway procedures, helping customers with exchange or refunds of merchandise,money management, and heavy customer service.
Pros
interacting with people and assisting them with their needs.
Cons
not enough hours
It was a good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  6 avenue la americaOctober 17, 2016
at Burlington Coat Factory I've learned how to manage time to time and how to communicate with Co-Workers. At first it was hard on sport department because it was my first job but after a while i started to get used to it.
Fun
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYOctober 17, 2016
I love it here just not the hours u wish they gave me more hours great people very respectful always willing to work with your schedule It's a great job
not so much i can say about this place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 17, 2016
I didn't enjoy working at this location, managers were horrible and mean for no reason at all, did over time and couldn't tell if i got paid for it. I didn't even talk to my co-workers ,hardest part is to just work there and like going to work and smiling while I'm there. The only enjoyable part about that job were my customers.
Management needs imporvment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 16, 2016
When I begin to work for this company was great! As the months went on things began to go down the drain. The mangement begin to ask private life questions. They wouldn't cooperate with things that were going on our personal life. The store manger catered to certain people in the store.
fast pace job
Accounting Auditor, Linens Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLOctober 16, 2016
provides good customer service, we made sure the customers came first in any situation. co workers were easy to get along with and we all came together to work as a team.