Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Work day
Markdown Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 13, 2017
I worked as a mark down associate so I came in and scan and mark down. I also worked as an cashier and a sales associate. I made sure I trained the new associate what to do doing the mark down
Fun and Fast Paced
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work in Burlington for me would be being most of the time at the cash register, charging customers. I've learned to count money under pressure and make some returns for some of the merchandise. The hardest part of the job was to put back all merchandise in order such as clothes, furniture, home décor, and more. What I enjoyed the most about this job would be discounts and friendly co workers.
You get a discount!
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 13, 2017
I worked in receiving, it is fast-paced and a lot of work. The amount paid does not compare to the work you perform. It's hard to keep employees because of management and low pay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
low pay, no benfits, no paid time off
Busy High Pressure
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2017
Burlington requires a very task oriented organized day in order to complete the necessary requirements throughout the week. I enjoy the customers but prefer a more one on one relationship with them.
Customer service cashier
Customer-Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLNovember 13, 2017
Lovely place to work especially the people . very friendly environment for 1st employment. the management was great here very understanding. Probably would still be here if I didn't relocate.
Merchandise Flow Team
Merchandise Flow Team (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 11, 2017
Management is horrible,especially the store manager,store manager didn't like our Receiving Manager because she knew her job and she was out spoken,our Receiving Manager was a fair Manager,Backstabbing store manager!!!! Not a good store to work at!!!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Store Manager is horrible, controling, selfish, has a problem with people who take up for themselves, backstabber.
Our Burlington
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 11, 2017
Our Burlington is a really great place to work. Burlington truly cares for its employees. There is no way to turn your back on good insurance options.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Non
Productive and enjoyable company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Revere, MANovember 10, 2017
A typical day at the this job was busy and fast-paced with constant movement, I learned how to work better with customers and how to handle the worst customers. The management was excellent. The hardest part of the job was the cleaning up at closing because it was such a big store. The most enjoyable part was the people that I worked with.
I will never work there again.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 10, 2017
I was mistreated as an employee. Hated that they make you up sale without any money incentives. Managers plays favorites even if you are a good worker.
its okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 10, 2017
a typical work day for me would be somewhat slow somewhat fast depending on the day. I've learned that not all customers will be satisfied. the hardest part about my day is trying to find something a customer wants and we no longer sell.
Productive, fast paced environment with a no nonsense approach
Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  517 East 117th StreetNovember 10, 2017
At Burlington, Flow Team Members or stock associates would clean out the receiving area then proceed to break down the truck. Following that, stock associates would head out to put merchandise onto the sales floor.Experience at Burlington taught me how to work with others in a fast paced environment, being proficient and efficient with my work.The Management team were very hard working always willing to help it's employees and teach them about the in's and out's of the store.The culture at Burlington Coat Factory is a fun, fast paced, energetic work environment that prides itself on a team that works together as one unit trying to accomplish different tasks at the same time. While working at Burlington the toughest part was adjusting to the different times of scheduling, trying to pace yourself to get certain tasks done, and getting things done on time.The best part of this job was working with and meeting new people, the employee discounts, and having weekends off.
Pros
Employee discounts, weekends off, and great co-workers
Cons
pay rate, short hours
ok first job, co workers ruin it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CANovember 9, 2017
we always had terrible customer service reviews and poor cleanliness reviews because of so many employees who were never trained properly. so long time employees always picked up their slack which never let them learn right so it was a cycle of people doing terrible jobs and blaming others for it so it sucked and i left since no one wanted to do their jobs right
Pros
connecting with customers
Cons
rude employees
pretty cool place
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 9, 2017
Not a bad place to work overall. really good place if you are a college student looking for the customer service experience. Really good place to start if your are looking to go into a retail business type career. overall very good people and good environement
Pros
good environment
Cons
zero benefits
It’s ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 9, 2017
They work with your schedule and they pay is good with good hours and nice coworkers slow work days sometimes times people call of so your asked to stay later or come in early or come in when your not scheduled to work
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Other coworkers
great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 9, 2017
i am head cashier i assist customers with items pricing, pricing, bagging, ask if they found everything okay. Also advising customers to go online fill out our short survey, and tell us about your shopping experience.
Pros
team of associates good mgmt
Cons
no healthcare
Awesome career for retail!
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILNovember 9, 2017
It was a stressful, yet fun work experience. I enjoyed each day I did work at Burlington, and being "behind the scenes" was something different as well. It gave me a different outlook on the industry. Now I can walk into a store and know exactly how to locate something, along with the ins and outs of the business as well, of course if it's based off planogram that is. The hardest part was the deadlines that I had to have my team meet, since I did manage a large body of staff, but the most enjoyable was the connections and the confidence I had in my team and them with me.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Short breaks.
very stressfull
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CANovember 8, 2017
this was the worse place to work during thanksgiving and Christmas. customers would come in and trash the place making it hard to recover the store for the next day of business
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLNovember 8, 2017
Fun place to work. But quick paced but not bad at all. The location I was in had an awesome work atmosphere. Managers were nice. Coworkers were pretty cool.
na
Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJNovember 8, 2017
It was good experience . Higher management is one of the best. There is good growing opportunity for everyone. Very warm environment and diversity is accepted in all forms.
a place with friendly and hardworking people, who would always help you if you needed them to.
Sportswear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73116November 8, 2017
Everyday went pretty ordinary and calm. I learned new things about working in a clothes department. Nice and helpful managers. Multitasking alone was hardest thing, making sure to finish everything I needed to and also manage the fitting rooms the entire time. Finishing all of the things i needed to, correctly, before the end of my shift everyday made me feel very relieved and accomplished. I'd say that would have to be the most enjoyable part of the job, from my experience.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
part time weekly pay wasnt enough, low amount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8