- Number of contracts/markets - plethora of markets available for risk placement
- Paycheck during difficult economy
Lack of support for work/life balance -- Management openly discourages and expects everyone to put in 60+ hour work weeks with no overtime pay.
- Lack of "team" mentality -- Underwriters are pitted against one another, making some of them unwilling to help. Some will even feed false information.
- Management stirs up drama among employees
- Management enjoys gossiping and starting rumors about current and prior employees
- Management plays obvious favorites
- HR nightmare - no HR department in Branch offices. All of HR is located in Michigan. Management is the only outlet for complaints and personal issues (i.e. medical issues) -- but for the above mentioned reasons, they're not to be considered an option.Your issues WILL become public knowledge.
- Disrespect runs rampant in every department and at all levels.
- Putting your name on your lunch doesn't mean it will still be there.... On numerous occassions lunches, beverages, and snacks are eaten by people who didn't purchase them. How do you forget that you didn't bring left over pizza and a bottle of water for lunch? YOU DON'T!
- Lack of opportunity for advancement.
- KELP program is useless -- fancy name for "underwriting assistant" used to entice young college graduates. There are much better training programs available at other companies.
- High turn-over ratio -- very few employees are genuinely happy
- Expensive benefits that cover next to nothing. My bank account and credit cards vouch for this. – more...
- Pay lower than industry standard. Company takes advantage of those who don't know their marketable value. Many hold two jobs to make ends meet.
- Of the little vacation days given, it's difficult to get time off -- Only a set number of people can have off on any particular day and the entire month of December is blocked. Awful if you're not from the area and actually need to travel to see family.
Over all, this company will destroy your soul. Steer clear. – less