Buro Happold Consulting Engineers Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good consulting engineer
Currently Project Director (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 3, 2016
Very good global company specialising in design for all engineering functions ie structural, mechanical, electrical, fire etc. Could be stronger on the construction side when carrying out site supervision. Needs practical engineers used to dealing with every day practical site issues including OM.

The hardest part of the job in Kuwait was the amount of red tape and paperwork associated with what could be simple work routines drawn from a paranoia regarding contractor claims.

The most enjoyable is the construction of good architecture and the camaraderie of all involved.
Pros
Ability to save money in Kuwait
Cons
Kuwait working is behind the times
Fast paced and energetic place with very creative and passionate people
Accounts Payable Manager/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2013
Typical day began at 8.30, (30 minutes before most everyone else) so that I may address emails from home office in Bath, UK. and other overnight mail. After that, it's on with the regular tasks of the day till closing time
The hardest part of the job was trying to complete every request in a timely manner and because of this experience, I developed exceptional time management skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was not being shut behind closed doors (except when processing payroll).
Pros
mid morning breakfast break, excellent benefits
Cons
long hours, especially at month end closings
Great company and great people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2012
A typical day consisted of answering phones, booking conference rooms, ordering lunches, receiving packages, distributed mail and assisted different departments. Buro Happold was the job that laid the foundation for my knowledge and experience in Engineering. It also helped me utilize my strong administrative skills. The hardest part of the job was having to coordinate with offices all over the world. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
summer fridays and nice balcony
Cons
no breaks